Steve Jablonsky Working with Imagine Dragons on Transformers: Age of Extinction Soundtrack

Sunday, April 13th, 2014 1:28pm CDT

Category: Movie Related News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 25,761

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Thanks to the wonderful world of social media we have word that Steve Jablonsky, who worked on all three of the previous films, is collaborating with Imagine Dragons for the Transformers: Age of Extinction soundtrack. The first image was shared with the Ragin Nation Facebook page, the second comes directly from the Imagine Dragons Facebook page.

Transformers News: Steve Jablonsky and Imagine Dragons Working on Transformers: Age of Extinction Soundtrack

Transformers News: Steve Jablonsky and Imagine Dragons Working on Transformers: Age of Extinction Soundtrack

Credit(s): Imagine Dragons


This article was last modified on Sunday, April 13th, 2014 1:42pm CDT

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Steve Jablonsky Working with Imagine Dragons on Transformers: Age of Extinction Soundtrack (1565017)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 13th, 2014 @ 8:21pm CDT
...Who're "Imagine Dragons"? :???:
Re: Steve Jablonsky Working with Imagine Dragons on Transformers: Age of Extinction Soundtrack (1565019)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on April 13th, 2014 @ 8:25pm CDT
Such terrible music... What a sad state mainstream music is in.
Re: Steve Jablonsky Working with Imagine Dragons on Transformers: Age of Extinction Soundtrack (1565020)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 13th, 2014 @ 8:27pm CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:Such terrible music... What a sad state mainstream music is in.


Quick, call in the hipsters to counteract your post!

8-}
Re: Steve Jablonsky Working with Imagine Dragons on Transformers: Age of Extinction Soundtrack (1565022)
Posted by SlyTF1 on April 13th, 2014 @ 8:30pm CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:Such terrible music... What a sad state mainstream music is in.


I seriously doubt you've heard the movie's score before it's even finished.
Re: Steve Jablonsky Working with Imagine Dragons on Transformers: Age of Extinction Soundtrack (1565034)
Posted by Nerv103 on April 13th, 2014 @ 9:00pm CDT
I actually like their music, glad to hear they are trying to bring in some new energy for the music. :CON:
Re: Steve Jablonsky Working with Imagine Dragons on Transformers: Age of Extinction Soundtrack (1565052)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on April 13th, 2014 @ 10:30pm CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:Such terrible music... What a sad state mainstream music is in.


I seriously doubt you've heard the movie's score before it's even finished.

I was talking about the band. It is ass. Complete ass. Any parts of the score that feature this junk will be doomed to be more junk. I don't need to hear it before passing judgement, because there is enough proof that anything the band does sounds like emo/hipster/pop/garbage, not unlike Linkin Park.

Mindmaster wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:Such terrible music... What a sad state mainstream music is in.


Quick, call in the hipsters to counteract your post!

8-}

You just had to, didn't you? Thanks for that.
Re: Steve Jablonsky Working with Imagine Dragons on Transformers: Age of Extinction Soundtrack (1565070)
Posted by T-Macksimus on April 13th, 2014 @ 10:54pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote:Such terrible music... What a sad state mainstream music is in.


Quick, call in the hipsters to counteract your post!

8-}


Screw the hipsters, how about a cranky, cantankerous 40-something stepping into defend Imagine Dragons? (bet ya didn't see THAT one coming, did you?)

This makes perfect sense... well, using Imagine Dragons, not someone like me defending them. It's a younger band and they are doing basically what Linkin Park has been doing for years, just with a different style of music. They actually write songs from the heart, from their experiences and what they view the world around them to be (for the most part) just like LP does/did. Only problem is, most folks don't get it or simply don't like the style so they have to sh** all over them in much the same manner that I do towards just about everyone on this site. Only difference being that Imagine doesn't really deserve it whereas most of the folks on here have it coming to them.

The fact that the "hipsters" gravitate towards them... well, that's kind of like taking a medication that just happens to have a really nasty side effect.

Back to the serious point, I do think this is a good move. LP has their own stuff going and their style is ever changing/evolving and I think their time with the franchise is done. I seriously doubt that anything they have now would really fit the darker tone this movie is taking and hiring them on just to try to shoe-horn something in would just be insulting to Mike, Chester and the rest of the crew.

Now we can cue the narrow minded rioters to start protesting my defense of both Linkin Park AND Imagine Dragons. Just remember, music is an art form, art is subjective WHICH MEANS each person comes away from it with something different based on their own particular tastes, feelings and life experiences. So while you may not like it yourself, which is perfectly ok, that doesn't warrant a blanket "They Suck!" statement. They don't suck, you're just too damn small minded to realize this world doesn't revolve around you and your tastes. And obviously Imagine Dragons isn't just for hipsters. No f'ing way do I fall into that category or solidly into any other but
I am quite capable of enjoying the music.
Re: Steve Jablonsky Working with Imagine Dragons on Transformers: Age of Extinction Soundtrack (1565074)
Posted by Burn on April 13th, 2014 @ 11:13pm CDT
Would you say Imagine Dragons are a good fit for a darker toned movie?

I may not know much of their stuff but I wouldn't consider their music to be for a darker theme.
Re: Steve Jablonsky Working with Imagine Dragons on Transformers: Age of Extinction Soundtrack (1565076)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on April 13th, 2014 @ 11:26pm CDT
T-Macksimus wrote:So while you may not like it yourself, which is perfectly ok, that doesn't warrant a blanket "They Suck!" statement. They don't suck, you're just too damn small minded to realize this world doesn't revolve around you and your tastes.


That is a pretty direct insult to me since I was the one that did say they sucked. So first off, you can go **** yourself. Second, anyone who likes music have the right to praise it. So then why do people who dislike the music get attacked for exercising that same right? I listen to a lot of different styles of music and I can form my own opinion of what is good or what is ass. Just because you don't agree with it, suddenly I'm small minded. Quite the hypocrite, you are. You say music is an art form and that it is all subjective to how people connect with it. Alright, fine, agreed. I don't connect with this music because I think their "art" is garbage. I don't care how hard you work on something, if the end result, and especially in the realm of art, it can still be garbage because IT IS ALL BASED ON OPINION, REMEMBER? So the next time you want to try and defend a band because you can't handle an opposing opinion, choose your defense more carefully. You can like this music all you want, and I won't call you narrow minded for it. But there is no way in hell you can censor my complete dislike for this garbage excuse for a band by trying to label my opinion as being an inferior one that is uninformed compared to yours.
Re: Steve Jablonsky Working with Imagine Dragons on Transformers: Age of Extinction Soundtrack (1565077)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on April 13th, 2014 @ 11:26pm CDT
You know I actually liked Imagine Dragons' first few singles, Like its time and Radioactive, but quite honestly they really started sucking with Demons, a bog standard four chord adult alternative number. Hopefully the new transformers tie-in single wont be anything like that, but hey this new vaguely alternative sounding electropop-tronica stuff always seems to surprise me, for better or worse.
Re: Steve Jablonsky Working with Imagine Dragons on Transformers: Age of Extinction Soundtrack (1565133)
Posted by Va'al on April 14th, 2014 @ 9:38am CDT
While I don't listen to the band that much, I've heard their early stuff, and it's a welcome change from Linkin Park. I wouldn't pay for a gig or buy their stuff, but I'll listen it if it comes up or on streaming devices.

May I also offer this cover by Within Temptation of Radioactive?

Re: Steve Jablonsky Working with Imagine Dragons on Transformers: Age of Extinction Soundtrack (1565138)
Posted by SlyTF1 on April 14th, 2014 @ 10:06am CDT
Va'al wrote:While I don't listen to the band that much, I've heard their early stuff, and it's a welcome change from Linkin Park. I wouldn't pay for a gig or buy their stuff, but I'll listen it if it comes up or on streaming devices.

May I also offer this cover by Within Temptation of Radioactive?



That, I can see being in the movie. New age = Age of extinction.
Re: Steve Jablonsky Working with Imagine Dragons on Transformers: Age of Extinction Soundtrack (1565139)
Posted by YRQRM0 on April 14th, 2014 @ 10:21am CDT
Idk if they're replacing LP, Chester already strongly hinted that they would be involved.
Re: Steve Jablonsky Working with Imagine Dragons on Transformers: Age of Extinction Soundtrack (1565143)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on April 14th, 2014 @ 10:33am CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:
T-Macksimus wrote:So while you may not like it yourself, which is perfectly ok, that doesn't warrant a blanket "They Suck!" statement. They don't suck, you're just too damn small minded to realize this world doesn't revolve around you and your tastes.


That is a pretty direct insult to me since I was the one that did say they sucked. So first off, you can go **** yourself. Second, anyone who likes music have the right to praise it. So then why do people who dislike the music get attacked for exercising that same right? I listen to a lot of different styles of music and I can form my own opinion of what is good or what is ass. Just because you don't agree with it, suddenly I'm small minded. Quite the hypocrite, you are. You say music is an art form and that it is all subjective to how people connect with it. Alright, fine, agreed. I don't connect with this music because I think their "art" is garbage. I don't care how hard you work on something, if the end result, and especially in the realm of art, it can still be garbage because IT IS ALL BASED ON OPINION, REMEMBER? So the next time you want to try and defend a band because you can't handle an opposing opinion, choose your defense more carefully. You can like this music all you want, and I won't call you narrow minded for it. But there is no way in hell you can censor my complete dislike for this garbage excuse for a band by trying to label my opinion as being an inferior one that is uninformed compared to yours.


:APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:

And I've never heard of that band. Apparently for good reason. >:oP
Re: Steve Jablonsky Working with Imagine Dragons on Transformers: Age of Extinction Soundtrack (1565395)
Posted by TimothyR on April 15th, 2014 @ 8:35am CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:
T-Macksimus wrote:So while you may not like it yourself, which is perfectly ok, that doesn't warrant a blanket "They Suck!" statement. They don't suck, you're just too damn small minded to realize this world doesn't revolve around you and your tastes.


That is a pretty direct insult to me since I was the one that did say they sucked. So first off, you can go **** yourself. Second, anyone who likes music have the right to praise it. So then why do people who dislike the music get attacked for exercising that same right? I listen to a lot of different styles of music and I can form my own opinion of what is good or what is ass. Just because you don't agree with it, suddenly I'm small minded. Quite the hypocrite, you are. You say music is an art form and that it is all subjective to how people connect with it. Alright, fine, agreed. I don't connect with this music because I think their "art" is garbage. I don't care how hard you work on something, if the end result, and especially in the realm of art, it can still be garbage because IT IS ALL BASED ON OPINION, REMEMBER? So the next time you want to try and defend a band because you can't handle an opposing opinion, choose your defense more carefully. You can like this music all you want, and I won't call you narrow minded for it. But there is no way in hell you can censor my complete dislike for this garbage excuse for a band by trying to label my opinion as being an inferior one that is uninformed compared to yours.


looks like T-mack's got nothin. lol. that was fun.
Re: Steve Jablonsky Working with Imagine Dragons on Transformers: Age of Extinction Soundtrack (1573489)
Posted by Va'al on May 13th, 2014 @ 3:53am CDT
We reported a while back that the band Imagine Dragons are working with Steve Jablonsky on the new Transformers: Age of Extinction score, possibly replacing Linkin Park - though this is not confirmed, and the band may still feature! We now know, thanks to MichaelBay.com, that Imagine Dragons will also be playing at the Hong Kong world premiere of the movie, and their new single, Battle Cry, features heavily throughout the film. Check out the press release below!

Image


MICHAEL BAY’S “TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION” TO FEATURE AN ORIGINAL SONG BY THE GRAMMY AWARD-WINNING BAND IMAGINE DRAGONS

THE BAND CONTRIBUTED CREATIVELY IN THE SCORING PROCESS WITH THE FILM’S COMPOSER STEVE JABLONSKY

WILL PERFORM LIVE AT THE FILM’S WORLD PREMIERE IN HONG KONG ON JUNE 19th

HOLLYWOOD, CA (May 13, 2014) – Director Michael Bay, film composer Steve Jablonsky and Paramount Pictures are collaborating with the Grammy Award-winning band IMAGINE DRAGONS to feature the band’s original music in the upcoming film “TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION,” one of the most anticipated movies of the summer.

Following an early footage screening of the film, Imagine Dragons wrote the original song “BATTLE CRY,” which Bay used in critical points in the film. Additionally, the band contributed original music during the scoring process by recording cues with Jablonsky, the film’s composer, and Hans Zimmer, who assisted in the process. The collaboration resulted in added depth to the sound of the film.

“We’re incredibly lucky that Dan, Wayne, Ben and Daniel were available to work with us,” says director Bay. “I remember being drawn to the emotion of ’Demons’ and ’Radioactive’ the first time I heard those songs, and I knew I wanted that same energy and heart for this movie. They’ve created a really epic, otherworldly sound for ’Battle Cry.’”

“The TRANSFORMER franchise has set the bar for cinematic innovation over the years, says Alex Da Kid, label head at KIDinaKORNER records. We are excited to collaborate with Michael Bay and Paramount Pictures and view this as an incredible global platform.”

IMAGINE DRAGONS will perform its new single live at the film’s worldwide premiere in Hong Kong, one of the locations in the film, on June 19th.

IMAGINE DRAGONS are Dan Reynolds (vocals), Wayne Sermon (guitar), Ben McKee (bass), and Daniel Platzman (drums).
Re: Steve Jablonsky Working with Imagine Dragons on Transformers: Age of Extinction Soundtrack (1573504)
Posted by shockblast2 on May 13th, 2014 @ 7:38am CDT
Who?



Imagine Dragons is a good name for a band in this movie. Because rather than having actual dinosaurs, it is full of dragons claiming to be dinosaurs.
Re: Steve Jablonsky Working with Imagine Dragons on Transformers: Age of Extinction Soundtrack (1573507)
Posted by shockblast2 on May 13th, 2014 @ 7:43am CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:
T-Macksimus wrote:So while you may not like it yourself, which is perfectly ok, that doesn't warrant a blanket "They Suck!" statement. They don't suck, you're just too damn small minded to realize this world doesn't revolve around you and your tastes.


That is a pretty direct insult to me since I was the one that did say they sucked. So first off, you can go **** yourself. Second, anyone who likes music have the right to praise it. So then why do people who dislike the music get attacked for exercising that same right? I listen to a lot of different styles of music and I can form my own opinion of what is good or what is ass. Just because you don't agree with it, suddenly I'm small minded. Quite the hypocrite, you are. You say music is an art form and that it is all subjective to how people connect with it. Alright, fine, agreed. I don't connect with this music because I think their "art" is garbage. I don't care how hard you work on something, if the end result, and especially in the realm of art, it can still be garbage because IT IS ALL BASED ON OPINION, REMEMBER? So the next time you want to try and defend a band because you can't handle an opposing opinion, choose your defense more carefully. You can like this music all you want, and I won't call you narrow minded for it. But there is no way in hell you can censor my complete dislike for this garbage excuse for a band by trying to label my opinion as being an inferior one that is uninformed compared to yours.




What kind of music are they? Rock? Like Linkin Park?
Re: Steve Jablonsky Working with Imagine Dragons on Transformers: Age of Extinction Soundtrack (1573508)
Posted by shockblast2 on May 13th, 2014 @ 7:50am CDT
YRQRM0 wrote:Idk if they're replacing LP, Chester already strongly hinted that they would be involved.



I could never get past that name. Anyone remember the movie Airheads with Adam Sandler? Remember how the main guy is this tough hair metal rock guy named Chaz and then everyone finds out his real name is Chester?

I can't take a rock guy seriously that has the name Chester. I did like a few of Linkin Park's songs back in the day. Until I realized every song they made was the same song with a few different chords here and there.
Re: Steve Jablonsky Working with Imagine Dragons on Transformers: Age of Extinction Soundtrack (1573521)
Posted by mooncake623 on May 13th, 2014 @ 9:09am CDT
I suspect the Change to Imagine Dragons from Linkin Park cause they're actually relevant right now? When's the last time Linkin Park's done anything?

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Deception Off Road Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Infinitus and Sentinel Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Smokescreen" on AMAZON
Buy "Potato Head Transformers Mixable Mashable Heroes as Optimus Prime and Grimlock Figures" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
Twincast / Podcast #267:
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers thrilling 30 springer" on EBAY
Buy "Action Figure Transformers Unite Warriors UW08 Computron Ver. by.TakaraTomy" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Series Action Figure: LG23 Galvatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Soundblaster with Buzzsaw Figure MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Authentic Transformers Bombshell Combiner Wars" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends series LG20 Skids" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS **KINGDOM WFC-K9 CYCLONUS NEW** VOYAGER CLASS GENERATIONS SIEGE" on EBAY
Buy "transformers combiner wars alpha bravo" on EBAY