TRANSFORMERS 5: Mark Wahlberg Thinks Michael Bay Will Direct

TRANSFORMERS 5: Mark Wahlberg Thinks Michael Bay Will Direct

Saturday, June 13th, 2015 10:07am CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Rumors
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 123,927

An interview between Mark Wahlberg and Collider's Christina Radish, for the upcoming Ted 2 movie, adds to the previous rumblings that Michael Bay will return as the director to the 5th installment of the Transformers series.

It's a short quote which went like this:

Collider: Do you have any update on the status of Transformers 5? Have you heard anything about what’s going on?

WAHLBERG: I don’t. Just that Akiva [Goldsman] and those guys are starting to write and break stories, and stuff like that. But [Michael] Bay is in Malta shooting Benghazi, and I’m in New Orleans shooting Deepwater. We’ll get together when he gets back.

Do you think he'll still ultimately direct it?

WAHLBERG: Yes.

Do you think Michael Bay will still ultimately direct it? Do you hope he does? Sound off in the Energon Pub!

Credit(s): collider

Re: TRANSFORMERS 5: Mark Wahlberg Thinks Michael Bay Will Direct (1697972)
Posted by acchillyaout on June 13th, 2015 @ 10:20am CDT
Best news I've heard all 2015. This just made my day. Can't wait to see this movie. Might even bring in more than Avengers did!
Re: TRANSFORMERS 5: Mark Wahlberg Thinks Michael Bay Will Direct (1697980)
Posted by CrankyOldTruck on June 13th, 2015 @ 10:47am CDT

Go ahead folks, I could use a good laugh this morning. >:oP
Re: TRANSFORMERS 5: Mark Wahlberg Thinks Michael Bay Will Direct (1697984)
Posted by dreadwing95 on June 13th, 2015 @ 10:54am CDT
CrankyOldTruck wrote:Time to cue the fan rage from all the ignorant masses that still seem to think that Bay was the one who was 100% responsible for destroying their childhood.

Go ahead folks, I could use a good laugh this morning. >:oP

i dont mind that there are changes to transformers. there are always changes. i just dont like bays style of directing. i just hope the writers can somehow salvage this franchise considering its now a roundtable of them now
Re: TRANSFORMERS 5: Mark Wahlberg Thinks Michael Bay Will Direct (1697992)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on June 13th, 2015 @ 11:05am CDT
I don't blame Bay for Everything, but you can't deny that he has a lot of clout in his decision making.

The first film was undeniably awesome, even for it's flaws. I really appreciate Bay's talent for destruction and practical special effects. And the Decepticons were mostly a scary shadowy threat.

ROTF, on the other hand, I do blame him for, because of the writer's strike. He specifically requested that Devastator have "wrecking balls." And he helped design the twins. Although admittedly, I think I like it better than AOE.

DOTM was definitely a step in the right direction, and was mostly enjoyable, if a bit long.

AOE was pretty disappointing to me, as the Dinobots felt like last minute additions; the plot was less coherent than ROTF; and the movie was tooooooooo daaaaaaaaamn loooooooong. And too many characters. And Nicola Peltz. Terrible.
Re: TRANSFORMERS 5: Mark Wahlberg Thinks Michael Bay Will Direct (1698027)
Posted by Kup98ss on June 13th, 2015 @ 1:07pm CDT
Well, the first movie was good.
I have given up on a good live action movie for now.

How about hasbro giving us a good animated movie, just like the quality movies that DC releases to DVD.
Re: TRANSFORMERS 5: Mark Wahlberg Thinks Michael Bay Will Direct (1698029)
Posted by Deadput on June 13th, 2015 @ 1:11pm CDT
Nemesis Maximo wrote:

The Dinobots were actually supposed to debut in 5 with minor hints to them in 4 but Hasbro pretty much made Bay and the writer team shove them in for marketing reasons.

In other words Dinobots were a last minute addition just like Jolt in ROTF.
Re: TRANSFORMERS 5: Mark Wahlberg Thinks Michael Bay Will Direct (1698042)
Posted by Deadput on June 13th, 2015 @ 1:39pm CDT
THIS IS NOT A CONFIRMATION BAY IS BACK!

This is an actor saying he thinks Bay will return

Just saying this in case some people misread the title and article.
Re: TRANSFORMERS 5: Mark Wahlberg Thinks Michael Bay Will Direct (1698106)
Posted by MartianSpyGirl1996 on June 13th, 2015 @ 4:52pm CDT

Go ahead folks, I could use a good laugh this morning. >:oP

People are ignorant because they have a different opinion than you? K...
Re: TRANSFORMERS 5: Mark Wahlberg Thinks Michael Bay Will Direct (1698149)
Posted by budmaloney on June 13th, 2015 @ 6:21pm CDT

Sigh...what depressing news. ( I know even if it's a rumor, we all know it's going to be true. I may not like his movies, but I think Bay isn't stupid, he's not going to walk away from a chance to make millions)
Re: TRANSFORMERS 5: Mark Wahlberg Thinks Michael Bay Will Direct (1698163)
Posted by Deadput on June 13th, 2015 @ 6:55pm CDT
budmaloney wrote:I don't want to live on this planet anymore. It doesn't end! If this is true, you should put the expectation that Bay will still be directing Transformers in the next 1000 years. His clones or cyborg self...whatever. There is a point of no return, and I think we passed it with TF sadly. TF has jumped the shark everybody!

Something like this makes want to die?

I'm sorry but there is more to life then fictional robots from your childhood that most of the time other people don't care about.

(Most people don't care about other peoples childhoods and not just for Transformers just other childhoods in general because were a horrible species)
Re: TRANSFORMERS 5: Mark Wahlberg Thinks Michael Bay Will Direct (1698173)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 13th, 2015 @ 7:19pm CDT
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:Something like this makes want to die?
Or move to a another planet.

Frankly I'd prefer a space colony since that sounds cooler to me, but that's just me. He can go to whatever planet he wants. :P
Re: TRANSFORMERS 5: Mark Wahlberg Thinks Michael Bay Will Direct (1698176)
Posted by Burn on June 13th, 2015 @ 7:23pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:Something like this makes want to die?
Or move to a another planet.

Doesn't matter where you go, you're bound to pick up a stray transmission and next thing you know you're watching a Bay TF movie.

Alternatively, people could stop clicking on movie related news, ignore the movie related sub-forum, and ignore the movies when they come out in theatres and then on DVD/Blu-Ray. >:oP
Re: TRANSFORMERS 5: Mark Wahlberg Thinks Michael Bay Will Direct (1698208)
Posted by budmaloney on June 13th, 2015 @ 9:37pm CDT
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:

Something like this makes want to die?

sorry I meant to allude to the Professor Farnsworth meme from Futurama. Not literally thankfully :). Though your point is fair. But I'm not actually concerned about Bay because he "ruined my childhood" as many like to say. I think my childhood is always there, you can always open G1 or whatever cartoon/ memories. And it's fair to expect that Bayformers have contributed to other people's childhoods perhaps even more so than mine. My gripe with Bay really stems from bad movies and scripts. The loss of potential is what makes me want to move to another planet ..or colony. With 200 million dollars as a budget, surely we should get better movies by now.
Re: TRANSFORMERS 5: Mark Wahlberg Thinks Michael Bay Will Direct (1698236)
Posted by Twitchythe3rd on June 13th, 2015 @ 10:59pm CDT
>:oP Would anyone be surprised by Bay returning at this point?
Re: TRANSFORMERS 5: Mark Wahlberg Thinks Michael Bay Will Direct (1698243)
Posted by Burn on June 13th, 2015 @ 11:07pm CDT
Twitchythe3rd wrote:>:oP

Please actually contribute to the discussion.
Re: TRANSFORMERS 5: Mark Wahlberg Thinks Michael Bay Will Direct (1698653)
Posted by jay5 on June 15th, 2015 @ 9:39am CDT
I heard in this one Scrapper has elbows. :-?
Re: TRANSFORMERS 5: Mark Wahlberg Thinks Michael Bay Will Direct (1698659)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 15th, 2015 @ 9:51am CDT
jay5 wrote:I heard in this one Scrapper has elbows. :-?
Scrapper's in the next movie? :P
Re: TRANSFORMERS 5: Mark Wahlberg Thinks Michael Bay Will Direct (1710298)
Posted by Hip-Hoptimus Rime on July 16th, 2015 @ 8:32pm CDT
Just saw this article, dated today:

http://masterherald.com/transformers-5- ... ion/22220/

Take it for what it is, just a collection of rumors and factoids at this early stage. I know nothing about that website, just stumbled across the article. FWIW.
Re: TRANSFORMERS 5: Mark Wahlberg Thinks Michael Bay Will Direct (1710306)
Posted by SlyTF1 on July 16th, 2015 @ 9:23pm CDT
Hip-Hoptimus Rime wrote:Just saw this article, dated today:

http://masterherald.com/transformers-5- ... ion/22220/

Saw this same article on another site months ago. It's not really saying anything new, and the fact that it says Megan Fox was removed from the cast in the 4th movie shows what the people who wrote it know.
Re: TRANSFORMERS 5: Mark Wahlberg Thinks Michael Bay Will Direct (1710629)
Posted by Prime Riblet on July 17th, 2015 @ 7:33pm CDT
Burn wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:Something like this makes want to die?
Or move to a another planet.

Exactly!

Personal choice can be a powerful thing!

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Studio Series SS-22 Dropkick Bumblebee Movie Brand New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Classics Mini-cons Night Rescue Divebomb Strongarm Firebot" on EBAY
Buy "transformers prime beast hunters blight blot" on EBAY
Buy "New Sealed Hasbro Transformers The Last Knight Premier Edition Cogman 2016" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Studio Series Buzzworthy Bumblebee lot of 2 #26 #40 Shatter WW2 ????" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Studio Series Buzzworthy Bumblebee lot of 2 #15 #26 BB + WW2 BB ????!" on EBAY
Buy "Mirage - Transformers Series 2 The Loyal Subjects Vinyl Blind Box Figure 1/16" on EBAY
Buy "Target Exclusive Transformers Beast Hunters Cindersaur / Smokescreen" on EBAY