Transformers Animated Background Character Design Sheets

Transformers Animated Background Character Design Sheets

Thursday, May 21st, 2009 7:01pm CDT

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: i_amtrunks   Views: 27,687

Seibertron's own s250 has posted design sheets for many of the background and cameo characters seen in the third season of the Transformers Animated series.

While characters like Hot Rod and Ironhide have seen more screentime, did you spot the animated versions of Seaspray, Freeway, Dai Atlus and Powerglide?

To help you better spot these characters and more in subsequent viewing, check on s250's images below.

Transformers Animated crowd design

Transformers Animated crowd design

Transformers Animated crowd design

Credit(s): s250

Re: Transformers Animated Background Character Design Sheets (924635)
Posted by ponycorn on May 21st, 2009 @ 7:03pm CDT
Just makes me want to cry now... :sad:
Re: Transformers Animated Background Character Design Sheets (924650)
Posted by TakoTank on May 21st, 2009 @ 7:20pm CDT
I recognize most of those, but who on earth is Furao?

Edit: Also, it's sad that we're gonna get toys for...1-5 of these, max in my opinion

Edit 2: Especially since if they did some retools of the (hopefully) upcoming Cybertron-mode Ratchet and made a Cybertron-mode Bumblebee...they'd have dozens of potential retools if they really wanted.
Re: Transformers Animated Background Character Design Sheets (924665)
Posted by mitchsantona on May 21st, 2009 @ 7:39pm CDT
I'm pretty familiar with all of the American Cartoon series. Not so much with the Japanese or the Comic Books. I assume a lot of these characters are from either of them?
Re: Transformers Animated Background Character Design Sheets (924694)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 21st, 2009 @ 8:48pm CDT
* Alpgh Trion
* Perceptor
* Mainframe
* Powerglide
* Tracks

Beast Era homages:
* Rattletrap (based on Rattrap's "Dawn of Future's Past" body)

Unicron Trilogy homages:
* Red Alert
* Hot Shot

Japanese G1 toylines/cartoons homages:
* Autotrooper (based on the Autroopers/Autoroopers/Autoloopers from Kiss Players)
* Zaur

* Volks
* Sedan

Unknown homages:
* Furao
* Female 1
* Female 2
Re: Transformers Animated Background Character Design Sheets (924704)
Posted by mitchsantona on May 21st, 2009 @ 9:18pm CDT
Re: Transformers Animated Background Character Design Sheets (924717)
Posted by metalformer on May 21st, 2009 @ 9:44pm CDT
mitchsantona wrote:Very nice. You know your bots. Refresh me though on who Chase and Freeway are. Are they part of a sub-group?

They are Throttlebots http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Throttlebots.

PS: Is there a larger size version of these scans?
Re: Transformers Animated Background Character Design Sheets (924722)
Posted by T-Macksimus on May 21st, 2009 @ 9:52pm CDT
Chase and Freeway were two of the G1 Throttlebots.
If I remember the list correctly (and with no help from any resources whatsoever) I believe they were Chase, Freeway, Rollbar, Searchlight, Wideload and Goldbug (who was the reincarnation of Bumblebee after his old body got trashed beyond repair). If I got that wrong I'm sure one of you guys will let me know in very short order but that's not bad for going totally off memory.
They didn't have an incredible amount of screen time during the old series but they had some and at least Goldbug was in the original comic series but I can't remember if or how many of the others saw print.

edit: I was typing as the above response came in so even though the question is answered, I'm not deleting.
Re: Transformers Animated Background Character Design Sheets (924732)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on May 21st, 2009 @ 10:14pm CDT
Furao is a Brazillian Bumblebee repaint. The name means "Ferret."

Go-go google skills ftw!
Re: Transformers Animated Background Character Design Sheets (924834)
Posted by Rodimus2006 on May 22nd, 2009 @ 3:15am CDT
Main Frame I think he looks likes Cerebros from the Headmasters in G1.

Also I think he will be shown in Endgame 2 tomorrow but that is my opinion.

I saw a pic of him in the sketches we saw he was black lookin also it looked like he was on Cybertron somewhere.
Re: Transformers Animated Background Character Design Sheets (924885)
Posted by mitchsantona on May 22nd, 2009 @ 7:10am CDT
Yes, yes! The Throttlebots. Thanks everyone.
I always hated the Throttlebot toys. Anything that just springs up and is transformed to me kind of sucked. I like to work for my robot.
Re: Transformers Animated Background Character Design Sheets (925231)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 22nd, 2009 @ 7:11pm CDT
Rodimus2006 wrote:Main Frame I think he looks likes Cerebros from the Headmasters in G1.

Also I think he will be shown in Endgame 2 tomorrow but that is my opinion.

Well, we did see him previously in "TransWarped" and in "Decepticon Air".
Re: Transformers Animated Background Character Design Sheets (925632)
Posted by Windsweeper on May 23rd, 2009 @ 4:35pm CDT
The Throttlebots were in introtruced in the Scraplet saga in the Marvel comics. They appeared in a few issues.

I have to admit to liking them, maybe because they were some of the first TF's I had and the first complete team. I love Rollbar's toy. I know I shouldn't. I wish whoever came up with the custom heads for G1 Ratchet and Ironhide coud make some kind of arm attachment for these guys.

Love that crowd scene at the end of Animated. Reminds me of the end of the PS2 Armada game except with recogniseable characters. Love the music, reminds me of the 2007 movie music.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Sky Shadow and  Ominus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "transformers age of extinction snarl" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS AGE OF EXTINCTION DINOBOT SLUG" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS AGE OF EXTINCTION DELUXE CLASS CROSSHAIRS & HOT SHOT" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series #2 Decepticon Stinger from Age of Extinction*Read" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Dinobot Slug figure with 1 sword and manual" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction AOE Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug Evolution 2-Pack" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Generations Deluxe Class Hot Shot Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 4 Age of Extinction  FIRST EDITION OPTIMUS PRIME Gift Kid Toy Robot" on EBAY