Transformers News: Transformers Deluxe Repugnus Possibly Being Released in 2018 May Mayhem with Blastoff

Saturday, January 13th, 2018 12:25PM CST

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 35,629

Fellow Seibertronian mordhelm has shared some pretty cool news with us. Toy distributor ACD Distribution has added two new listing to their site. Both are special edition Transformers deluxe Generations toys coming out in May, just in time for a possible 2018 edition of May Mayhem. One is for Blastoff, a toy we already knew was coming, and the other is none other than Repugnus.
With Titans Return already giving us a deluxe Twinferno and Grotusque, fans were really hoping for a deluxe Repugnus to finish the trio (at the same scale) and it seems Hasbro will deliver on that. With Blastoff having Power of the Primes packaging, odds are that if Repugnus does come out, it would be within this same Generations subline.

Below is all the available info on these two toys including the SKU and UPC numbers. The price is that of a wholesaler, so the retail price can be expected to be about double that.

TRAN: Gen Special Ed Dlx Blast Off (6)
SKU HSBE1796
Release Date 1/1/2018 PREORDER
Retail Price $9.99
Manufacturer HASBRO
Category TOYS
UPC 630509626977

TRAN: Gen Special Ed Dlx Repugnus (6)
SKU HSBE1797
Release Date 1/1/2018 PREORDER
Retail Price $9.99
Manufacturer HASBRO
Category TOYS
UPC 630509626991

Hopefully a modernized version of this image below will be possible come summer.

Transformers G1 1987 Repugnus (Repug) Gallery
Credit(s): ADC Distribution
Re: Transformers Deluxe Repugnus Possibly Being Released in 2018 May Mayhem with Blastoff (1931330)
Posted by Rated X on January 13th, 2018 @ 12:28pm CST
I saw this coming...given the shift the franchise has taken in the last 2 years this was a no brainer.
Re: Transformers Deluxe Repugnus Possibly Being Released in 2018 May Mayhem with Blastoff (1931331)
Posted by Flashwave on January 13th, 2018 @ 12:29pm CST
Moonshot wrote:Well we all knew this was probably coming, still lame though. I was wanting, at the very least, Hydra and Buster released by :TAKARATOMY: in Masterforce colours, names. Have to admit though that now having PotP Jazz, Beachcomber and Windcharger in hand, they are nice. Not sure if this brand global thing is going to up the paint game of :HASBRO: or just stop having the awesome decos from :TAKARATOMY: . Like I said if Jazz is any indication, I am pretty happy. Only big problems I have with him is lack of paint on his rims and taillights. Besides those two shortcomings, Jazz, Beachcomber and Windcharger all could have been :TAKARATOMY: Legends releases I think, quality/paint wise.

No reason we couldnt get Buster and Hydra as a two pack exclusive
Re: Transformers Deluxe Repugnus Possibly Being Released in 2018 May Mayhem with Blastoff (1931332)
Posted by Flashwave on January 13th, 2018 @ 12:30pm CST
Woooo-hooooo
Re: Transformers Deluxe Repugnus Possibly Being Released in 2018 May Mayhem with Blastoff (1931335)
Posted by Quantum Surge on January 13th, 2018 @ 12:43pm CST
I'll happily take Blast Off. Don't care about Repugnus.
Re: Transformers Deluxe Repugnus Possibly Being Released in 2018 May Mayhem with Blastoff (1931337)
Posted by LE0KING on January 13th, 2018 @ 12:48pm CST
Awesome. There's not much worse than a trio that doesn't get finished. Here's hoping they will be easy to get.
Re: Transformers Deluxe Repugnus Possibly Being Released in 2018 May Mayhem with Blastoff (1931338)
Posted by Yotsuyasan on January 13th, 2018 @ 12:48pm CST

It sucks, though, that Repugnus is being religated to an exclusive like this. I doubt they would do this with a new mold, so he's probably a retool of someone existing. A Terrorcon, perhaps? Which will make it a bit odd. Two Monsterbots will be Headmasters, and the third a random combiner limb? As long as he works well as an individual toy and looks good with the other Monsterbots, not the end of the world. It will just be weird.

But, in the end... Deluxe Repugnus? Yay.
Re: Transformers Deluxe Repugnus Possibly Being Released in 2018 May Mayhem with Blastoff (1931340)
Posted by RiddlerJ on January 13th, 2018 @ 12:53pm CST
Yotsuyasan wrote:Just when I'do gotten my hands on Grotesque and was thinking of writing a review of the trio... I may as well wait a bit so I can have all three in the same scale.

But, in the end... Deluxe Repugnus? Yay.

It'll probably be Rippersnapper. All they would really have to do is change the head.

Given that they're so dedicated to the 1987 line, I'm hoping another Punch/Counterpunch is coming down the line. I missed the first Botcon one and the new one is just the Decepticon side which really doesn't work for me.
Re: Transformers Deluxe Repugnus Possibly Being Released in 2018 May Mayhem with Blastoff (1931343)
Posted by Rated X on January 13th, 2018 @ 1:04pm CST

But, in the end... Deluxe Repugnus? Yay.

Well most of us have a headmaster Quake displayed with CW Spinister and Needlenose. Not to mention CW Windsweeper and Ruckus displayed with either Movie Crankcase or a certain 3rd party figure. At least all these obscure teams are getting completed in some form.
Re: Transformers Deluxe Repugnus Possibly Being Released in 2018 May Mayhem with Blastoff (1931375)
Posted by Budder Prime on January 13th, 2018 @ 4:54pm CST

But, in the end... Deluxe Repugnus? Yay.

My bet is hes a re-mold of deluxe PotP rippersnapper.
Re: Transformers Deluxe Repugnus Possibly Being Released in 2018 May Mayhem with Blastoff (1931380)
Posted by Mkall on January 13th, 2018 @ 5:47pm CST
I'm very happy to have a complete set of Monsterbots.
Re: Transformers Deluxe Repugnus Possibly Being Released in 2018 May Mayhem with Blastoff (1931390)
Posted by o.supreme on January 13th, 2018 @ 6:15pm CST

Anyway...It's not hot on my list, but I'll pick it up either way. I have the other 2 Generations Monsterbots ( well my son actually has them), but if he does turn out to be a combiner limb all the better, I can fit him in somehow...

Also, I know Hasbro probably didn't want to go too crazy with exclusive figures, but I know some fans that are still wanting a release of the UW Ratchet. I'm glad I have mine...but still .
Re: Transformers Deluxe Repugnus Possibly Being Released in 2018 May Mayhem with Blastoff (1931393)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on January 13th, 2018 @ 6:43pm CST
o.supreme wrote:Also, I may not be too good with colors, but I'm not colorblind. I don't really see the difference between UW Blastoff coloring, and the proposed May Mayhem Hasbro Shuttle Blastoff. It may be just me...but IIRC previous May Mayhem figures (Slingshot, Wildrider & Groove), didn't really make any changes from the :TAKARATOMY: versions did they??...

The differences are minor (Quickslinger & Brake-Neck) to veeeeeeerrrrrry minute (Groove), but they're there:

UW-02 Menasor: Wildrider

Combiner Wars Brake-Neck

UW-01 Superion: Sling

Combiner Wars Quickslinger

If anything, Blast Off's deco will more streamlined compared to the patch work of the Unite Warriors one, possibly using UW Shuttler as a base.

As for Repugnus... a second retool of Doublecross/Twinferno isn't out of the question, if Triggerhappy is anything to go by.
Re: Transformers Deluxe Repugnus Possibly Being Released in 2018 May Mayhem with Blastoff (1931394)
Posted by steals_your_goats on January 13th, 2018 @ 6:48pm CST
o.supreme wrote:My guess is that Generaitons Repugnus will be a further retool of the Twinferno/Grotusque mold. I mean why have only one of them as a combiner limb?..that would be kind of dumb, kind like having one of them be a different sized toy...oh wait... ;) .

Also, I may not be too good with colors, but I'm not colorblind. I don't really see the difference between UW Blastoff coloring, and the proposed May Mayhem Hasbro Shuttle Blastoff. It may be just me...but IIRC previous May Mayhem figures (Slingshot, Wildrider & Groove), didn't really make any changes from the :TAKARATOMY: versions did they??....

There's no real way to retool Doublecross or Grotusque into repugnus. He'll most likely be from rippersnapper like other people are theorising.

The two blast offs are actually pretty different with the hasbro one having no purple or black on the main body or most of the cockpit area. Also the pattern on the wings is different.

Wildrider and Slingshot were different between Hasbro and Takara
Re: Transformers Deluxe Repugnus Possibly Being Released in 2018 May Mayhem with Blastoff (1931400)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on January 13th, 2018 @ 7:37pm CST
steals_your_goats wrote:

I disagree. There is a perfectly awesome custom-job out there using the Doublecross mold. It is entirely possible.

They can use Rippersnapper mold if they want, but I will be PISSED if it's combiner instead of Titan Master.

BUT

A thought occurs to me. We noticed that Blast Off has a slightly different looking Megatronus on the package. Maybe even Transparent.

WHAT IF between May Mayhem and other exclusives (including the rumored Wreck-Gar) we get Special Editions of each of the Prime Masters without a Pretender Shell.

If we're getting a TM version of Repugnus, as I hope we are, maybe this will be the way they release TM versions of the Autobot Targetmasters that we never got. So that they can release these transparent/shining-spark Prime Masters.

Just a thought.
Re: Transformers Deluxe Repugnus Possibly Being Released in 2018 May Mayhem with Blastoff (1931402)
Posted by steals_your_goats on January 13th, 2018 @ 7:51pm CST

*Edit: the more I look at it the more I can get behind it. But they definitely need to lose the wings.
Re: Transformers Deluxe Repugnus Possibly Being Released in 2018 May Mayhem with Blastoff (1931406)
Posted by Albatross250 on January 13th, 2018 @ 8:30pm CST
Re: Transformers Deluxe Repugnus Possibly Being Released in 2018 May Mayhem with Blastoff (1931418)
Posted by Hotconvoy on January 13th, 2018 @ 10:37pm CST
Albatross250 wrote:Somehow, the paint from Blast Off looks similar to the Zeta Take Off for some reason :-?

Who is Zeta Take Off?
Re: Transformers Deluxe Repugnus Possibly Being Released in 2018 May Mayhem with Blastoff (1931420)
Posted by RodimusRex on January 13th, 2018 @ 11:01pm CST
steals_your_goats wrote:Are you talking about this  ? Because while cool and a good custom it doesn't work for repugnus. Repugnus doesn't have a tail or wings and while the wings are easy enough to take off the tail isn't. Granted rippersnapper isn't a great choice for the alt mode either but it's better than Doublecross.

The tail could be replaced with a stub.

Or, heck, make it Rippersnapper. Remove the limb connector and replace it with a cockpit and Titan Master port. That plus new head, plus new deco. So the retool would be confined to the torso with a minor head tweak.

Honestly, for the head, I’d just opt for TM Repugnus face with metallic green goggles and have the body be the Clouder retool of Ramhorn deco’d as Beastformer Flykick. (Keeps the Monsterbots as Battle Beasts and uses a TM tooling not seen in the States since Clouder had a bird head.)
Re: Transformers Deluxe Repugnus Possibly Being Released in 2018 May Mayhem with Blastoff (1931423)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on January 13th, 2018 @ 11:50pm CST
Flashwave wrote:

No reason we couldnt get Buster and Hydra as a two pack exclusive

As a Legends EX release, possibly.
Re: Transformers Deluxe Repugnus Possibly Being Released in 2018 May Mayhem with Blastoff (1931424)
Posted by Emerje on January 14th, 2018 @ 12:32am CST
I wasn't going to get Blastoff, but if he's really colored different from the UW version I definitely will. And of course I've got to get Repugnus as well.

Albatross250 wrote:I hope it was like this. Both G1 and G2 alike :APPLAUSE:

I really don't see the appeal of this, it's like the person that drew it didn't understand what they drew. This is two 100% complete Megatron figures with the bonus of the smaller one being mounted on the bigger one's shoulder or within the tank turret. How is that evolution? It's good art, but completely misses the mark.

steals_your_goats wrote:
Lunatic Prime wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Lunatic Prime wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:Well according to the leaks he'll have his unite warriors hfg as well as an exclusive translucent Megatronus prime master and decoy suit

We did see a different colored Megatronus, didn't we? Of note: he's likely a retool of Liege Maximo because the arms match in design.
Where did you guys see that or get those infos from? I've never read or seen anything of that #-o
And I keep on track with every new info and leak we get.

Upper right corner:
steals_your_goats wrote:

I don't see a HFG either a decoy suit but I guess you suggest that because of the size of the accessories he's holding in his hands. It would be great if he comes with Megatronus'es decoy suit but :HASBRO: is a greedy little bitch and therefore they could make more money by not including it so people have to buy it seperately with the normal release of Megatronus.
Another thing that's going against the Prime armor is that there's no mention of combining with a Prime in his bio unlike it's in the other PotP characters' bios.

There are two sizeable objects in Blast Off's hands so they have to be weapons of some sort and since Blast Off only comes with a small blaster so it makes sense that it's the prime armor and hfg. Blast Off is going to be an exclusive of some sort and was most likely supposed to be released under combiner wars explaining the lack of prime masters in the bio

I think you'll find whoever drew the purple scribble over the image intentionally over did it to throw people off, but they forgot to look down.
<!-- ia1 -->shadow.JPG<!-- ia1 -->
You can clearly see from the shadow that his right hand is holding his regular HFG and his left is holding his small gun. No sign of a Decoy Armor.

RodimusRex wrote:(Keeps the Monsterbots as Battle Beasts and uses a TM tooling not seen in the States since Clouder had a bird head.)

Clouder has the rhino head painted up like his bird form's head, not a bird head.
<!-- ia0 -->Clouder.JPG<!-- ia0 -->

While Repugnus didn't have wings he did have a jetpack which could easily be put in place of the wings on Twinferno/Grotusque. Grotusque's arms would work well for Repugnus since they'd just need to replace one set of claws with another. They'd need to replace the beast feet to give him two toes, but it's all easily doable. And having a tail is hardly the worst thing they could do with him, plus the other options that people have mentioned like Rippersnapper have tails, too.

Emerje

Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #208 - Everyone Gets Counterpunched
"Everyone Gets Counterpunched"
Posted: Sunday, September 23rd, 2018
Transformers products from EBAY

Items Ending Soon

Buy "TRU EXCLUSIVE TRANSFORMERS AGE OF EXTINCTION  AOE GRIMLOCK EVOLUTION 2 PACK" on EBAY
Buy "Kaiyodo Tokusatsu Revoltech No.030 Transformers Optimus Prime PVC Figure" on EBAY
Buy "2 Transformers AGE OF EXTINCTION Dinobot Slug & Snarl Hammer Strike Smash Slash" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Animated Stealth LockDown Lock Down Bumblebee Optimus Prime NEW MIB" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS TITANS RETURN VOYAGER CLASS DECEPTICON OCTONE AND MURK" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS ATTACK OF THE DECEPTICONS 1985 RARE VINYL LP RECORD CLEAN 80S LP" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS TITANS RETURN VOYAGER CLASS BLITZWING AND HAZZARD" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Blu Ray Limited Gift Set w/ Grimlock Statue NEW" on EBAY