Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Hardshell Revealed

Transformers News: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Hardshell Revealed

Monday, May 21st, 2012 7:27pm CDT

Category: Game News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 39,565

The official Transformers facebook page has revealed Transformers: Fall of Cybertron's Insecticon Hardshell! BotCon 2012 revealed a Deluxe Class toy version of Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Insecticon Kickback. Is there a possibility Hardshell will receive a figure as well, and what of Shrapnel? Take a look below.

It's Insecticon time here at Cyber Mondays. Check out this exclusive screenshot of HARDSHELL from the upcoming game Transformers: Fall of Cybertron. Does anyone have a big can of bug spray?

Credit(s): Transformers facebook page

This article was last modified on Monday, May 21st, 2012 8:15pm CDT

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Hardshell Revealed (1382091)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on May 21st, 2012 @ 7:30pm CDT
I hope to hell we get figures of this guy! I know there's Kickback coming, and I dunno if there'll be a Shrapnel, but now that this guy is in I'm hoping for the best! :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Hardshell Revealed (1382093)
Posted by starscream1974 on May 21st, 2012 @ 7:31pm CDT
:CON: :KREMZEEK: That is a fantastic representation.....perfection :BOWDOWN: :CON:
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Hardshell Revealed (1382094)
Posted by griftimus prime on May 21st, 2012 @ 7:32pm CDT
look how all of the parts move through each other. horrible.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Hardshell Revealed (1382099)
Posted by Trikeboy on May 21st, 2012 @ 7:37pm CDT
NICE!!!! I think with this we can assume that Kickback will be in the game, before I passed him off as a generic Insecticon. First Kickback, then (Hasbro trademark free post) Bombshell, please please please show Shrapnel soon.

Additional: Anyone else get the feeling that they were included to combat Fansproject's Insecticon homages?
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Hardshell Revealed (1382100)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 21st, 2012 @ 7:42pm CDT
With a Kickback toy coming up, I'm pleased to hear that Bombshell (Hardshell, whatever) and ( :PRAY: ) Shrapnel (Sharpshot's a lame name) are making appearances as well. =P~ I just hope they will be actual characters with lines and roles instead of being generic enemies the Autobots must mow down.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Hardshell Revealed (1382101)
Posted by SlyTF1 on May 21st, 2012 @ 7:46pm CDT
griftimus prime wrote:look how all of the parts move through each other. horrible.

Whatever do you mean?
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Hardshell Revealed (1382102)
Posted by CrimsonPrime on May 21st, 2012 @ 7:50pm CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:

Whatever do you mean?

Haters gotta hate. I think that's what he's trying to say xP.

On topic...Looks good o.O...Cant wait to see the insecticons together :D.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Hardshell Revealed (1382104)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on May 21st, 2012 @ 7:51pm CDT
so why cant they call him bombshell in the game?
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Hardshell Revealed (1382105)
Posted by SlyTF1 on May 21st, 2012 @ 7:53pm CDT
Megatron Wolf wrote:so why cant they call him bombshell in the game?

Maybe because he's not Bombshell...

His name is Hardshell in TF Prime too.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Hardshell Revealed (1382109)
Posted by Skyfire77 on May 21st, 2012 @ 8:03pm CDT
Megatron Wolf wrote:so why cant they call him bombshell in the game?

Hasbro lost the trademark to "Bombshell" and "Shrapnel" prior to 2008. The TRU Universe rerelease renamed them Hardshell and Sharpshot respectively.

Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Hardshell Revealed (1382110)
Posted by TimothyR on May 21st, 2012 @ 8:08pm CDT
i NEED a toy of that.

bombshell was always my favorite insecticon.. his head is just so damn cool.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Hardshell Revealed (1382111)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on May 21st, 2012 @ 8:14pm CDT
Hardshell is a decent name...for the Four Star Bombshell remolded into a scorpion, since its shell looks tougher. Seeing the face on the bug in the game, somehow I just can't accept him being named Hardshell. Thankfully, TF Prime Hardshell has a different face.

Any idea who they lost the trademark to? I know Mattel has Shrapnel since they made a toy of the evil general going by that name in one ep of "Brave and the Bold", but I haven't seen any toy called Bombshell lately. Maybe just the name of an accessory in some pricey military line?
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Hardshell Revealed (1382112)
Posted by Bullycon on May 21st, 2012 @ 8:18pm CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:

Whatever do you mean?

I'm starting to think he's a parody of whiny Transformers fans.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Hardshell Revealed (1382116)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on May 21st, 2012 @ 8:26pm CDT
Ah man, now I wanna play as the Insecticons! Bombshell's just way too handsome a robot!

TimothyR wrote:bombshell was always my favorite insecticon.. his head is just so damn cool.

I love the fact, just for kicks basically, the designer decided to give him a knight helmet, it's so out of place yet so awesome! :lol:

Would you rather have him be stiff as a board? you try and animated a bulky model like that and not have any of the limbs clip together, not that easy, and the animations'll look terrible.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Hardshell Revealed (1382117)
Posted by AutobotMR2 on May 21st, 2012 @ 8:27pm CDT
ABSOUTLEY GORGEOUS!!!!!! Keep 'em coming High Moon Studios!!!!!!
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Hardshell Revealed (1382120)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on May 21st, 2012 @ 8:30pm CDT
Bullycon wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:

Whatever do you mean?

I'm starting to think he's a parody of whiny Transformers fans.

I think you might just be right, his constant complaining about anything almost validates that. :lol:
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Hardshell Revealed (1382123)
Posted by jgilkinson on May 21st, 2012 @ 8:40pm CDT
amazing... please let me spend my money on one of these hasbro
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Hardshell Revealed (1382124)
Posted by LiKwid on May 21st, 2012 @ 8:53pm CDT
~prepares to incite a riot

Fp took care of my insecticon needs tyvm.. :DANCE:
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Hardshell Revealed (1382125)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on May 21st, 2012 @ 8:53pm CDT
I really hope we get a figure of him. I seriously just want as many insecticons as possible. It'd be the first bunch of TFs i've actually considered troop building.

As for buddy's remark about the clipping: You know, hes right. Its actually pretty bad in the sense that, in motion, it might kill the illusion of a solid figure. It LOOKS amazing, but I'm with buddy on this. If I were modelling, even if it took me that much more time in months or whatever, I don't think I could pass this model due to the obvious clipping (mostly just in the shoulder, the wrists are passable).

ANYWAY, other than that, did I say how awesome he looks?
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Hardshell Revealed (1382141)
Posted by UltraPrimal on May 21st, 2012 @ 10:06pm CDT
Man, if we get Bombshell and Shrapnel to go with Kickback, I just might throw out my FP Insecticons.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #241 - Toy Fair 2020
"Toy Fair 2020"
Posted: Monday, February 24th, 2020

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Bumblebee Movie Target Exclusive Leader Class Soundwave" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise SMASHDOWN War for Cybertron  Battlemaster WFC-E2" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 40 Deluxe Class Bumblebee Movie Shatter Figure Toy #" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon Walkie Talkies- Optimus and Megatron. New in Box" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Hasbro Dark Of The Moon DOTM Movie Deluxe Mechtech NITRO BUMBLEBEE" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Bumblebee Movie Target Exclusive Leader Class SOUNDWAVE & Doombox" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Dark Of The Moon DOTM Movie Legion Class Cyberverse SOUNDWAVE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers LASERBEAK DARK OF THE MOON New in Package " on EBAY