This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Legacy Core Class Swoop and Scarr Found at US Targets

Transformers News: Transformers Legacy Core Class Swoop and Scarr Found at US Targets

Wednesday, May 24th, 2023 8:05AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 48,710

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

The latest core class wave for Legacy was found at a few Targets in the US. The specific sighitng below comes from California and was found by tfrockmaster. The wave has Swoop, Scarr and Starscream. We have video reviews below if you are curious to know as much as possible about these toys before buying them.

tfrockmaster wrote:Legacy Swoop and Scarr found at Target in Foothill Ranch. Also the repack Starscream.


If you have found him, share your sightings with our community in the sightings section and on our boards in your region related thread.


Credit(s): tfrockmaster

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers Legacy Core Class Swoop and Scarr Found at US Targets (2162057)
Posted by o.supreme on May 24th, 2023 @ 9:58am CDT
Targets in my area are only stocking voyagers for legacy. No core, deluxe, or Leaders. For the previous 2 core waves it seems like Target stores didn't even get full cases, but broke them open at the distribution center and literally sent maybe 2 individual core class toys to each store one time, and that was it. I haven't seen a full peg of Legacy core at any Target this year.
Re: Transformers Legacy Core Class Swoop and Scarr Found at US Targets (2162063)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on May 24th, 2023 @ 11:44am CDT
o.supreme wrote:Targets in my area are only stocking voyagers for legacy. No core, deluxe, or Leaders. For the previous 2 core waves it seems like Target stores didn't even get full cases, but broke them open at the distribution center and literally sent maybe 2 individual core class toys to each store one time, and that was it. I haven't seen a full peg of Legacy core at any Target this year.


:BANG_HEAD:

Could it be possible they're confusing SS Core with Legacy Core, since they're technically the same base line?
Re: Transformers Legacy Core Class Swoop and Scarr Found at US Targets (2162065)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on May 24th, 2023 @ 11:49am CDT
Flashwave wrote:What is that wierd green thing next to Beachcomber in one of thr figures? It looks like some sort of wierd UFO.


It's actually the Paradise Parakeet from The Golden Lagoon.
Re: Transformers Legacy Core Class Swoop and Scarr Found at US Targets (2162070)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 24th, 2023 @ 12:55pm CDT
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:
Flashwave wrote:What is that wierd green thing next to Beachcomber in one of thr figures? It looks like some sort of wierd UFO.


It's actually the Paradise Parakeet from The Golden Lagoon.
That is one chubby parakeet.

Image
Re: Transformers Legacy Core Class Swoop and Scarr Found at US Targets (2162071)
Posted by Till-all-R1 on May 24th, 2023 @ 1:11pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Till-all-R1 wrote:This also puts Brawn into wait and see land, because if he too is same height as Beachcomber then it's another pass.
I think if Brawn was the same size as this new Beachcomber then he would be accurate. He was a minibot, but his alt mode was an off-road vehicle which should be larger than a VW and a dune buggy.
As I mentioned before these new version are going to force a redo of every single minibot to rescale them.
Well I think all the minibots will get the treatment, though i do think they shouldn't all be uniform size. Of the ones we got so far, Warpath, Huffer (and Pipes) as well as apparently Beachcomber will be on the larger size, while so far Cosmos, Bee and Cliffjumper were short. So that leaves Seaspray, Gears, Windcharger and Powerglide. Of those, I think only Powerglide and maybe Seaspray should be taller than the others, because even though he's counted as a minibot, a plane is still bigger than a car.

I think Bee (both Netflix and Buzzworthy) are the correct size in relation to the other figures.

Agreed on Powerglide, IMO he is the one that needs DLX update the most since as you say a plane is usually bigger than a car, as would likely a UFO. I was happy to see Warpath redone because a tank also is bigger than cars, which is an aspect I still can't get around him being a minibot. So I think that's where height doesn't always correlate with vehicle size, alt mode could be a tank and be large compared to other character's alt mods. Yet when he transforms he short and stocky not much taller than Bee. Which I think they nailed the height difference between the new Warpath and BB.

Even Seaspray might benefit from a DLX upgrade, but if they wind up being only a head shorter than actual DLX Bots that aren't minibots it throws them out of scale to me. Most of them only came up to the chest area on the regular cars such as Jazz, Sideswipe etc. but the new Warpath stands almost just as high as Wheeljack coming up to his chin. Cosmos comes to about the top of their chest when he should probably be a tad shorter. And now Beachcomber seems to be the same height as Warpath, "a tank mind you" which would put him almost as tall as Wheeljack too.

So being significantly taller than Bee isn't as a big a problem as being too tall next to the next taller bots, which I guess resizing the minibots would force the need to resize those DLX figures. lol Sure, maybe it doesn't bother non anal/OCD people or collectors how have massive pace to spread them out and make it less noticeable. For me who has a limited space for them it means these new minibots are so tall that they now hide most of the actual DLX Bots so that all I see are their heads.
Re: Transformers Legacy Core Class Swoop and Scarr Found at US Targets (2162072)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 24th, 2023 @ 1:22pm CDT
Till-all-R1 wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Till-all-R1 wrote:This also puts Brawn into wait and see land, because if he too is same height as Beachcomber then it's another pass.
I think if Brawn was the same size as this new Beachcomber then he would be accurate. He was a minibot, but his alt mode was an off-road vehicle which should be larger than a VW and a dune buggy.
As I mentioned before these new version are going to force a redo of every single minibot to rescale them.
Well I think all the minibots will get the treatment, though i do think they shouldn't all be uniform size. Of the ones we got so far, Warpath, Huffer (and Pipes) as well as apparently Beachcomber will be on the larger size, while so far Cosmos, Bee and Cliffjumper were short. So that leaves Seaspray, Gears, Windcharger and Powerglide. Of those, I think only Powerglide and maybe Seaspray should be taller than the others, because even though he's counted as a minibot, a plane is still bigger than a car.

I think Bee (both Netflix and Buzzworthy) are the correct size in relation to the other figures.

Agreed on Powerglide, IMO he is the one that needs DLX update the most since as you say a plane is usually bigger than a car, as would likely a UFO. I was happy to see Warpath redone because a tank also is bigger than cars, which is an aspect I still can't get around him being a minibot. So I think that's where height doesn't always correlate with vehicle size, alt mode could be a tank and be large compared to other character's alt mods. Yet when he transforms he short and stocky not much taller than Bee. Which I think they nailed the height difference between the new Warpath and BB.

Even Seaspray might benefit from a DLX upgrade, but if they wind up being only a head shorter than actual DLX Bots that aren't minibots it throws them out of scale to me. Most of them only came up to the chest area on the regular cars such as Jazz, Sideswipe etc. but the new Warpath stands almost just as high as Wheeljack coming up to his chin. Cosmos comes to about the top of their chest when he should probably be a tad shorter. And now Beachcomber seems to be the same height as Warpath, "a tank mind you" which would put him almost as tall as Wheeljack too.

So being significantly taller than Bee isn't as a big a problem as being too tall next to the next taller bots, which I guess resizing the minibots would force the need to resize those DLX figures. lol Sure, maybe it doesn't bother non anal/OCD people or collectors how have massive pace to spread them out and make it less noticeable. For me who has a limited space for them it means these new minibots are so tall that they now hide most of the actual DLX Bots so that all I see are their heads.
I mean, one would expect a Ferrari to be bigger than a Jeep, but...

Image

Cliffjumper is a little guy who scanned a larger vehicle mode, but simply doesn't size-change when he transforms.

Same with most other Minibots.

Not to mention Micromasters and Mini-Cons.
Re: Transformers Legacy Core Class Swoop and Scarr Found at US Targets (2162078)
Posted by o.supreme on May 24th, 2023 @ 2:45pm CDT
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:Could it be possible they're confusing SS Core with Legacy Core, since they're technically the same base line?


It's possible, I guess. Although that hadn't been an issue in the past. Kingdom and Legacy year 1 cores, and SS core existed side-by-side with no issue.

I think it's just that Hasbro reversed the decision it enacted starting with PotP. To refresh the line every year, change the sku's so stores would order new product. Since Legacy & Legacy Evolution are the same sku, that causes problems. Although that still wouldn't explain why most Targets in my area are only carrying Legacy Evolution Voyagers, and not the other price point items.

I mean, sure there is a fair amount of RotB merch, as expected, certainly way more than any other TF line right now. But I remember with previous movies there would be TONS and TONS of merch. RotB isn't even getting any endcaps at Target or Walmart like they have with past films. I've seen display endcaps for Super Mario Bros, Indiana Jones, Across the Spider-verse, GotG 3 etc, heck even The Little Mermaid (didn't even know they had toys for that 8-} )... Nothing for Transformers.
Re: Transformers Legacy Core Class Swoop and Scarr Found at US Targets (2162084)
Posted by DeathReviews on May 24th, 2023 @ 3:39pm CDT
There any photos of a fully-completed Core Volcanicus?
Re: Transformers Legacy Core Class Swoop and Scarr Found at US Targets (2162086)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on May 24th, 2023 @ 4:05pm CDT
DeathReviews wrote:There any photos of a fully-completed Core Volcanicus?


We still haven't seen Snarl yet, so any would be with two Grimlocks.

o.supreme wrote:
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:Could it be possible they're confusing SS Core with Legacy Core, since they're technically the same base line?


It's possible, I guess. Although that hadn't been an issue in the past. Kingdom and Legacy year 1 cores, and SS core existed side-by-side with no issue.


Does anyone in supply read SKU's anymore? They must be like OK, packaging looks similar, must be the same, no need to order. My father-in-law works in a big box store, and he has no good word about their intelligence. :-?
Re: Transformers Legacy Core Class Swoop and Scarr Found at US Targets (2162095)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on May 24th, 2023 @ 5:34pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:
Flashwave wrote:What is that wierd green thing next to Beachcomber in one of thr figures? It looks like some sort of wierd UFO.


It's actually the Paradise Parakeet from The Golden Lagoon.
That is one chubby parakeet.

Image


Come on people, use emojis more often so I can actually tell you're joking :BANG_HEAD:

:lol:
Re: Transformers Legacy Core Class Swoop and Scarr Found at US Targets (2162112)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 24th, 2023 @ 6:35pm CDT
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:
Flashwave wrote:What is that wierd green thing next to Beachcomber in one of thr figures? It looks like some sort of wierd UFO.


It's actually the Paradise Parakeet from The Golden Lagoon.
That is one chubby parakeet.

Image


Come on people, use emojis more often so I can actually tell you're joking :BANG_HEAD:

:lol:
To be fair, Flashwave did make a crack about retail distribution. ;)
Re: Transformers Legacy Core Class Swoop and Scarr Found at US Targets (2162114)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on May 24th, 2023 @ 7:17pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:
Flashwave wrote:What is that wierd green thing next to Beachcomber in one of thr figures? It looks like some sort of wierd UFO.


It's actually the Paradise Parakeet from The Golden Lagoon.
That is one chubby parakeet.

Image


Come on people, use emojis more often so I can actually tell you're joking :BANG_HEAD:

:lol:
To be fair, Flashwave did make a crack about retail distribution. ;)


Which I originally overlooked :oops: O well...

I still want my Core Dinos! :-(
Re: Transformers Legacy Core Class Swoop and Scarr Found at US Targets (2162122)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 24th, 2023 @ 8:31pm CDT
Nemesis Destron wrote:How many of you fans with Menasor added the DNA Design upgrade set AAAAAnd how many of you are happy without it? :VEHI:

Before I sold mine, he was perfectly solid without any upgrade kits, he didn't need them.
Re: Transformers Legacy Core Class Swoop and Scarr Found at US Targets (2162141)
Posted by Till-all-R1 on May 24th, 2023 @ 10:45pm CDT
I'm kind of curious if they ever revisited Strongarm if it would be all new, or could they retool Siege Hound the same way they did for the Orion Pax "Data Clerk" figure. I'd like to see a new figure of this character as I don't much care for any of the previous ones, nor the price they're charging.
Re: Transformers Legacy Core Class Swoop and Scarr Found at US Targets (2162183)
Posted by TulioDude on May 25th, 2023 @ 7:23pm CDT
I don't know if anyone has posted this before, but this user on reddit showed that itas possible to use original Armada Overload on the Legacy Armada Prime.
https://www.reddit.com/r/transformers/c ... erload_is/
https://www.reddit.com/r/transformers/c ... load_with/
Re: Transformers Legacy Core Class Swoop and Scarr Found at US Targets (2162185)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on May 25th, 2023 @ 7:53pm CDT
That has to be intentional.
Re: Transformers Legacy Core Class Swoop and Scarr Found at US Targets (2162186)
Posted by o.supreme on May 25th, 2023 @ 7:59pm CDT
Pictures of Overload with the new Legacy Armada Optimus have been around for a while, but it was speculated that he was merely "resting" on the shoulders of the new figure.

I know it may just be my mistrusting nature, but I've never heard of the person who's images are linked to. Are they known to be trustworthy? I'd love to see this attachment shown in an actual video review.
Re: Transformers Legacy Core Class Swoop and Scarr Found at US Targets (2162191)
Posted by Emerje on May 25th, 2023 @ 11:51pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Till-all-R1 wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Till-all-R1 wrote:This also puts Brawn into wait and see land, because if he too is same height as Beachcomber then it's another pass.
I think if Brawn was the same size as this new Beachcomber then he would be accurate. He was a minibot, but his alt mode was an off-road vehicle which should be larger than a VW and a dune buggy.
As I mentioned before these new version are going to force a redo of every single minibot to rescale them.
Well I think all the minibots will get the treatment, though i do think they shouldn't all be uniform size. Of the ones we got so far, Warpath, Huffer (and Pipes) as well as apparently Beachcomber will be on the larger size, while so far Cosmos, Bee and Cliffjumper were short. So that leaves Seaspray, Gears, Windcharger and Powerglide. Of those, I think only Powerglide and maybe Seaspray should be taller than the others, because even though he's counted as a minibot, a plane is still bigger than a car.

I think Bee (both Netflix and Buzzworthy) are the correct size in relation to the other figures.

Agreed on Powerglide, IMO he is the one that needs DLX update the most since as you say a plane is usually bigger than a car, as would likely a UFO. I was happy to see Warpath redone because a tank also is bigger than cars, which is an aspect I still can't get around him being a minibot. So I think that's where height doesn't always correlate with vehicle size, alt mode could be a tank and be large compared to other character's alt mods. Yet when he transforms he short and stocky not much taller than Bee. Which I think they nailed the height difference between the new Warpath and BB.

Even Seaspray might benefit from a DLX upgrade, but if they wind up being only a head shorter than actual DLX Bots that aren't minibots it throws them out of scale to me. Most of them only came up to the chest area on the regular cars such as Jazz, Sideswipe etc. but the new Warpath stands almost just as high as Wheeljack coming up to his chin. Cosmos comes to about the top of their chest when he should probably be a tad shorter. And now Beachcomber seems to be the same height as Warpath, "a tank mind you" which would put him almost as tall as Wheeljack too.

So being significantly taller than Bee isn't as a big a problem as being too tall next to the next taller bots, which I guess resizing the minibots would force the need to resize those DLX figures. lol Sure, maybe it doesn't bother non anal/OCD people or collectors how have massive pace to spread them out and make it less noticeable. For me who has a limited space for them it means these new minibots are so tall that they now hide most of the actual DLX Bots so that all I see are their heads.
I mean, one would expect a Ferrari to be bigger than a Jeep, but...

Image

Cliffjumper is a little guy who scanned a larger vehicle mode, but simply doesn't size-change when he transforms.

Same with most other Minibots.

Not to mention Micromasters and Mini-Cons.

And yet humans fit comfortably in almost all of them. :lol:

Emerje
Re: Transformers Legacy Core Class Swoop and Scarr Found at US Targets (2162194)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 26th, 2023 @ 1:21am CDT
Emerje wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Till-all-R1 wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Till-all-R1 wrote:This also puts Brawn into wait and see land, because if he too is same height as Beachcomber then it's another pass.
I think if Brawn was the same size as this new Beachcomber then he would be accurate. He was a minibot, but his alt mode was an off-road vehicle which should be larger than a VW and a dune buggy.
As I mentioned before these new version are going to force a redo of every single minibot to rescale them.
Well I think all the minibots will get the treatment, though i do think they shouldn't all be uniform size. Of the ones we got so far, Warpath, Huffer (and Pipes) as well as apparently Beachcomber will be on the larger size, while so far Cosmos, Bee and Cliffjumper were short. So that leaves Seaspray, Gears, Windcharger and Powerglide. Of those, I think only Powerglide and maybe Seaspray should be taller than the others, because even though he's counted as a minibot, a plane is still bigger than a car.

I think Bee (both Netflix and Buzzworthy) are the correct size in relation to the other figures.

Agreed on Powerglide, IMO he is the one that needs DLX update the most since as you say a plane is usually bigger than a car, as would likely a UFO. I was happy to see Warpath redone because a tank also is bigger than cars, which is an aspect I still can't get around him being a minibot. So I think that's where height doesn't always correlate with vehicle size, alt mode could be a tank and be large compared to other character's alt mods. Yet when he transforms he short and stocky not much taller than Bee. Which I think they nailed the height difference between the new Warpath and BB.

Even Seaspray might benefit from a DLX upgrade, but if they wind up being only a head shorter than actual DLX Bots that aren't minibots it throws them out of scale to me. Most of them only came up to the chest area on the regular cars such as Jazz, Sideswipe etc. but the new Warpath stands almost just as high as Wheeljack coming up to his chin. Cosmos comes to about the top of their chest when he should probably be a tad shorter. And now Beachcomber seems to be the same height as Warpath, "a tank mind you" which would put him almost as tall as Wheeljack too.

So being significantly taller than Bee isn't as a big a problem as being too tall next to the next taller bots, which I guess resizing the minibots would force the need to resize those DLX figures. lol Sure, maybe it doesn't bother non anal/OCD people or collectors how have massive pace to spread them out and make it less noticeable. For me who has a limited space for them it means these new minibots are so tall that they now hide most of the actual DLX Bots so that all I see are their heads.
I mean, one would expect a Ferrari to be bigger than a Jeep, but...

Image

Cliffjumper is a little guy who scanned a larger vehicle mode, but simply doesn't size-change when he transforms.

Same with most other Minibots.

Not to mention Micromasters and Mini-Cons.

And yet humans fit comfortably in almost all of them. :lol:

Emerje
Image

:P
Re: Transformers Legacy Core Class Swoop and Scarr Found at US Targets (2162196)
Posted by Emerje on May 26th, 2023 @ 2:45am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Emerje wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Till-all-R1 wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Till-all-R1 wrote:This also puts Brawn into wait and see land, because if he too is same height as Beachcomber then it's another pass.
I think if Brawn was the same size as this new Beachcomber then he would be accurate. He was a minibot, but his alt mode was an off-road vehicle which should be larger than a VW and a dune buggy.
As I mentioned before these new version are going to force a redo of every single minibot to rescale them.
Well I think all the minibots will get the treatment, though i do think they shouldn't all be uniform size. Of the ones we got so far, Warpath, Huffer (and Pipes) as well as apparently Beachcomber will be on the larger size, while so far Cosmos, Bee and Cliffjumper were short. So that leaves Seaspray, Gears, Windcharger and Powerglide. Of those, I think only Powerglide and maybe Seaspray should be taller than the others, because even though he's counted as a minibot, a plane is still bigger than a car.


I think Bee (both Netflix and Buzzworthy) are the correct size in relation to the other figures.

Agreed on Powerglide, IMO he is the one that needs DLX update the most since as you say a plane is usually bigger than a car, as would likely a UFO. I was happy to see Warpath redone because a tank also is bigger than cars, which is an aspect I still can't get around him being a minibot. So I think that's where height doesn't always correlate with vehicle size, alt mode could be a tank and be large compared to other character's alt mods. Yet when he transforms he short and stocky not much taller than Bee. Which I think they nailed the height difference between the new Warpath and BB.

Even Seaspray might benefit from a DLX upgrade, but if they wind up being only a head shorter than actual DLX Bots that aren't minibots it throws them out of scale to me. Most of them only came up to the chest area on the regular cars such as Jazz, Sideswipe etc. but the new Warpath stands almost just as high as Wheeljack coming up to his chin. Cosmos comes to about the top of their chest when he should probably be a tad shorter. And now Beachcomber seems to be the same height as Warpath, "a tank mind you" which would put him almost as tall as Wheeljack too.

So being significantly taller than Bee isn't as a big a problem as being too tall next to the next taller bots, which I guess resizing the minibots would force the need to resize those DLX figures. lol Sure, maybe it doesn't bother non anal/OCD people or collectors how have massive pace to spread them out and make it less noticeable. For me who has a limited space for them it means these new minibots are so tall that they now hide most of the actual DLX Bots so that all I see are their heads.
I mean, one would expect a Ferrari to be bigger than a Jeep, but...

Image

Cliffjumper is a little guy who scanned a larger vehicle mode, but simply doesn't size-change when he transforms.

Same with most other Minibots.

Not to mention Micromasters and Mini-Cons.

And yet humans fit comfortably in almost all of them. :lol:

Emerje
Image

:P

Almost all.

Emerje
Re: Transformers Legacy Core Class Swoop and Scarr Found at US Targets (2162208)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 26th, 2023 @ 11:08am CDT
TulioDude wrote:I don't know if anyone has posted this before, but this user on reddit showed that itas possible to use original Armada Overload on the Legacy Armada Prime.
https://www.reddit.com/r/transformers/c ... erload_is/
https://www.reddit.com/r/transformers/c ... load_with/

Definitely super neat, and a good thing that my Overload is currently standing by himself since Ultra Magnus is the shoulder cannon set for my Powerlinx Armada Prime
Re: Transformers Legacy Core Class Swoop and Scarr Found at US Targets (2162242)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on May 26th, 2023 @ 6:31pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
TulioDude wrote:I don't know if anyone has posted this before, but this user on reddit showed that itas possible to use original Armada Overload on the Legacy Armada Prime.
https://www.reddit.com/r/transformers/c ... erload_is/
https://www.reddit.com/r/transformers/c ... load_with/

Definitely super neat, and a good thing that my Overload is currently standing by himself since Ultra Magnus is the shoulder cannon set for my Powerlinx Armada Prime


Guess I should pull out my Overload. Haven't touched it in 20 years, keep it in the box.
Re: Transformers Legacy Core Class Swoop and Scarr Found at US Targets (2162246)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 26th, 2023 @ 7:39pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
TulioDude wrote:I don't know if anyone has posted this before, but this user on reddit showed that itas possible to use original Armada Overload on the Legacy Armada Prime.
https://www.reddit.com/r/transformers/c ... erload_is/
https://www.reddit.com/r/transformers/c ... load_with/

Definitely super neat, and a good thing that my Overload is currently standing by himself since Ultra Magnus is the shoulder cannon set for my Powerlinx Armada Prime


Guess I should pull out my Overload. Haven't touched it in 20 years, keep it in the box.

Geez
Re: Transformers Legacy Core Class Swoop and Scarr Found at US Targets (2162249)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 26th, 2023 @ 7:43pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
TulioDude wrote:I don't know if anyone has posted this before, but this user on reddit showed that itas possible to use original Armada Overload on the Legacy Armada Prime.
https://www.reddit.com/r/transformers/c ... erload_is/
https://www.reddit.com/r/transformers/c ... load_with/

Definitely super neat, and a good thing that my Overload is currently standing by himself since Ultra Magnus is the shoulder cannon set for my Powerlinx Armada Prime


Guess I should pull out my Overload. Haven't touched it in 20 years, keep it in the box.
Welp, its batteries are probably corroded by now.
Re: Transformers Legacy Core Class Swoop and Scarr Found at US Targets (2162250)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 26th, 2023 @ 7:44pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
TulioDude wrote:I don't know if anyone has posted this before, but this user on reddit showed that itas possible to use original Armada Overload on the Legacy Armada Prime.
https://www.reddit.com/r/transformers/c ... erload_is/
https://www.reddit.com/r/transformers/c ... load_with/

Definitely super neat, and a good thing that my Overload is currently standing by himself since Ultra Magnus is the shoulder cannon set for my Powerlinx Armada Prime


Guess I should pull out my Overload. Haven't touched it in 20 years, keep it in the box.
Welp, its batteries are probably corroded by now.

Mine is actually missing the missiles and 2 small guns on the sides. I am still sad, I cannot find those parts to save my life
Re: Transformers Legacy Core Class Swoop and Scarr Found at US Targets (2162256)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on May 26th, 2023 @ 8:07pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
TulioDude wrote:I don't know if anyone has posted this before, but this user on reddit showed that itas possible to use original Armada Overload on the Legacy Armada Prime.
https://www.reddit.com/r/transformers/c ... erload_is/
https://www.reddit.com/r/transformers/c ... load_with/

Definitely super neat, and a good thing that my Overload is currently standing by himself since Ultra Magnus is the shoulder cannon set for my Powerlinx Armada Prime


Guess I should pull out my Overload. Haven't touched it in 20 years, keep it in the box.
Welp, its batteries are probably corroded by now.


It had batteries? Probably took them out, if not I know how to clean corrosion.
Re: Transformers Legacy Core Class Swoop and Scarr Found at US Targets (2162257)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 26th, 2023 @ 8:09pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
TulioDude wrote:I don't know if anyone has posted this before, but this user on reddit showed that itas possible to use original Armada Overload on the Legacy Armada Prime.
https://www.reddit.com/r/transformers/c ... erload_is/
https://www.reddit.com/r/transformers/c ... load_with/

Definitely super neat, and a good thing that my Overload is currently standing by himself since Ultra Magnus is the shoulder cannon set for my Powerlinx Armada Prime


Guess I should pull out my Overload. Haven't touched it in 20 years, keep it in the box.
Welp, its batteries are probably corroded by now.


It had batteries? Probably took them out, if not I know how to clean corrosion.
Almost every Armada mold larger than Super-Con had electronics in it.
Re: Transformers Legacy Core Class Swoop and Scarr Found at US Targets (2162259)
Posted by Overcracker on May 26th, 2023 @ 9:09pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
TulioDude wrote:I don't know if anyone has posted this before, but this user on reddit showed that itas possible to use original Armada Overload on the Legacy Armada Prime.
https://www.reddit.com/r/transformers/c ... erload_is/
https://www.reddit.com/r/transformers/c ... load_with/

Definitely super neat, and a good thing that my Overload is currently standing by himself since Ultra Magnus is the shoulder cannon set for my Powerlinx Armada Prime


Guess I should pull out my Overload. Haven't touched it in 20 years, keep it in the box.
Welp, its batteries are probably corroded by now.


It had batteries? Probably took them out, if not I know how to clean corrosion.


Yup. Touted as the first transformer to play the transformers sound, when you plugged rollout into the chest cavity.
IMG_0575.jpeg
Re: Transformers Legacy Core Class Swoop and Scarr Found at US Targets (2162263)
Posted by Emerje on May 26th, 2023 @ 9:40pm CDT
I wish Armada Jetfire's batteries would die. Every now and then I accidentally bump the crate he's in and hear his gun noises and then the countdown. Haven't heard gun fire from the jets in a while, but those buttons were always a little harder to hit than Jetfire's feather touch tail fin.

Emerje
Re: Transformers Legacy Core Class Swoop and Scarr Found at US Targets (2162265)
Posted by Till-all-R1 on May 26th, 2023 @ 9:48pm CDT
Maybe you should just remove them instead of waiting for them to die an eventually leak. lol
Re: Transformers Legacy Core Class Swoop and Scarr Found at US Targets (2162269)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on May 26th, 2023 @ 10:26pm CDT
Overcracker wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
TulioDude wrote:I don't know if anyone has posted this before, but this user on reddit showed that itas possible to use original Armada Overload on the Legacy Armada Prime.
https://www.reddit.com/r/transformers/c ... erload_is/
https://www.reddit.com/r/transformers/c ... load_with/

Definitely super neat, and a good thing that my Overload is currently standing by himself since Ultra Magnus is the shoulder cannon set for my Powerlinx Armada Prime


Guess I should pull out my Overload. Haven't touched it in 20 years, keep it in the box.
Welp, its batteries are probably corroded by now.


It had batteries? Probably took them out, if not I know how to clean corrosion.


Yup. Touted as the first transformer to play the transformers sound, when you plugged rollout into the chest cavity.
IMG_0575.jpeg


Button batteries or the normal cylindrical type?
Re: Transformers Legacy Core Class Swoop and Scarr Found at US Targets (2162270)
Posted by o.supreme on May 26th, 2023 @ 11:28pm CDT
I purchased Armada Prime when it came out in 2002, and then Jetfire and Overload in 2003. I sold them however in 2007. I have no memory of putting batteries in them. Not sure if they came included or not.

I do know I took the batteries out of my T30 Metroplex as well as TR Fort and Grand Max. I don't think I have any other TFs with batteries.
Re: Transformers Legacy Core Class Swoop and Scarr Found at US Targets (2162272)
Posted by Overcracker on May 27th, 2023 @ 12:02am CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Overcracker wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
TulioDude wrote:I don't know if anyone has posted this before, but this user on reddit showed that itas possible to use original Armada Overload on the Legacy Armada Prime.
https://www.reddit.com/r/transformers/c ... erload_is/
https://www.reddit.com/r/transformers/c ... load_with/

Definitely super neat, and a good thing that my Overload is currently standing by himself since Ultra Magnus is the shoulder cannon set for my Powerlinx Armada Prime


Guess I should pull out my Overload. Haven't touched it in 20 years, keep it in the box.
Welp, its batteries are probably corroded by now.


It had batteries? Probably took them out, if not I know how to clean corrosion.


Yup. Touted as the first transformer to play the transformers sound, when you plugged rollout into the chest cavity.
IMG_0575.jpeg


Button batteries or the normal cylindrical type?

Button Cell. 3 of them.
IMG_0576.jpeg
Re: Transformers Legacy Core Class Swoop and Scarr Found at US Targets (2162274)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on May 27th, 2023 @ 2:01am CDT
Overcracker wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Overcracker wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
TulioDude wrote:I don't know if anyone has posted this before, but this user on reddit showed that itas possible to use original Armada Overload on the Legacy Armada Prime.
https://www.reddit.com/r/transformers/c ... erload_is/
https://www.reddit.com/r/transformers/c ... load_with/

Definitely super neat, and a good thing that my Overload is currently standing by himself since Ultra Magnus is the shoulder cannon set for my Powerlinx Armada Prime


Guess I should pull out my Overload. Haven't touched it in 20 years, keep it in the box.
Welp, its batteries are probably corroded by now.


It had batteries? Probably took them out, if not I know how to clean corrosion.


Yup. Touted as the first transformer to play the transformers sound, when you plugged rollout into the chest cavity.
IMG_0575.jpeg


Button batteries or the normal cylindrical type?

Button Cell. 3 of them.
IMG_0576.jpeg


Yeah, those were probably never removed.
Re: Transformers Legacy Core Class Swoop and Scarr Found at US Targets (2162280)
Posted by Emerje on May 27th, 2023 @ 4:19am CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Overcracker wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Overcracker wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
TulioDude wrote:I don't know if anyone has posted this before, but this user on reddit showed that itas possible to use original Armada Overload on the Legacy Armada Prime.
https://www.reddit.com/r/transformers/c ... erload_is/
https://www.reddit.com/r/transformers/c ... load_with/

Definitely super neat, and a good thing that my Overload is currently standing by himself since Ultra Magnus is the shoulder cannon set for my Powerlinx Armada Prime


Guess I should pull out my Overload. Haven't touched it in 20 years, keep it in the box.
Welp, its batteries are probably corroded by now.


It had batteries? Probably took them out, if not I know how to clean corrosion.


Yup. Touted as the first transformer to play the transformers sound, when you plugged rollout into the chest cavity.
IMG_0575.jpeg


Button batteries or the normal cylindrical type?

Button Cell. 3 of them.
IMG_0576.jpeg


Yeah, those were probably never removed.

They're probably fine. Button cells are mostly cased in metal and aren't as prone to leakage and corrosion (even better if they're lithium apparently) unless they get wet for prolonged periods, people keep them on their wrists after all. Unlike standard batteries which have lots of seams and seem to react to everything including time.

Emerje
Re: Transformers Legacy Core Class Swoop and Scarr Found at US Targets (2162282)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on May 27th, 2023 @ 8:55am CDT
o.supreme wrote:I purchased Armada Prime when it came out in 2002, and then Jetfire and Overload in 2003. I sold them however in 2007. I have no memory of putting batteries in them. Not sure if they came included or not.

I do know I took the batteries out of my T30 Metroplex as well as TR Fort and Grand Max. I don't think I have any other TFs with batteries.


Did you put some in and then take them out, or just never put any in in the first place like me?

Neither T30 Metroplex nor TR Fort Max (or LG Grand Max) came with the batteries included, you had to supply your own. I really preferred this because I don't care about sounds and never had to worry about forgetting to take them out.
Re: Transformers Legacy Core Class Swoop and Scarr Found at US Targets (2162283)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 27th, 2023 @ 10:00am CDT
For the original Armada Super-Base Optimus, The truck cab robot came with cell batteries already installed, but the auto-converting trailer required four AA batteries that were not included.
Re: Transformers Legacy Core Class Swoop and Scarr Found at US Targets (2162302)
Posted by Munkky on May 27th, 2023 @ 2:23pm CDT
Legacy Armada Prime's compatibility with the old Armada Overload makes me wonder what Hasbro plans to do with Overload, will they make a new one or just re-issue the original? I never liked Overload that much when I was a kid, but I do still have my fingers crossed for a new Armada Jetfire that can combine with Prime.
Re: Transformers Legacy Core Class Swoop and Scarr Found at US Targets (2162312)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on May 27th, 2023 @ 9:10pm CDT
Munkky wrote:Legacy Armada Prime's compatibility with the old Armada Overload makes me wonder what Hasbro plans to do with Overload, will they make a new one or just re-issue the original? I never liked Overload that much when I was a kid, but I do still have my fingers crossed for a new Armada Jetfire that can combine with Prime.

Personally I'd like both Jetfire and Overload to get updates, and then get some Decepticon repaints. Jetfire into either Universe/SG Astrotrain or Spacewarp, and Overload into a new Decepticon version so that when we get a Nemesis Prime from Armada Prime, he also has his "convoy" of combining partners
Re: Transformers Legacy Core Class Swoop and Scarr Found at US Targets (2162462)
Posted by william-james88 on May 30th, 2023 @ 10:03pm CDT
Sonic Bomber Core has posted these new images of an upcoming Transformers Legacy toy on Facebook. It is non other than Shadowstriker from the Cyberverse series and it us our first look at the figure. It is unclear if they are going for a faithful or G1-ified take since the show itself was very G1 based but what is clear is that it is innacurate in terms of composition. The theme of Shadowstriker was that she was a Frankenstein's Monster type of design with her alt mode and robot made up of various parts put together which was highlighted by her limbs having a different deco. Here however, it's all the same indigo colour. And we know this is supposed to be her after she's been experimented on since her eyes are asymetrical.


It seems she can use various parts of her alt mode as weapons and shields, making her resemble the RID Autobot brothers. You'll let us know what you think.


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: Transformers Legacy Core Class Swoop and Scarr Found at US Targets (2162463)
Posted by sol magnus on May 30th, 2023 @ 10:07pm CDT
Good thing, I just saw this on Facebook.
Re: Transformers Legacy Core Class Swoop and Scarr Found at US Targets (2162465)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on May 30th, 2023 @ 10:25pm CDT
To be exact, she resembles RiD 2001 Side Burn, and for a (good) reason:

Image
Transformers BotCon Exclusives Shadow Striker Gallery
Re: Transformers Legacy Core Class Swoop and Scarr Found at US Targets (2162466)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on May 30th, 2023 @ 10:30pm CDT
Pretty clearly a pretool for Legacy Speedbreaker/Sideburn, a mashup of her BotCon 2003 and Cyberverse incarnations, ala Skyquake. Now she just needs a slingshot, unless we're also getting a Buzzworthy repaint of a more recent Wheelie.
Re: Transformers Legacy Core Class Swoop and Scarr Found at US Targets (2162468)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 30th, 2023 @ 10:49pm CDT
It's Legacy Prime Bulkhead and Knock Out all over again.

This is a figure for no one. It tries to be everything it possibly can be all at once, ultimately being none of them.

It wants to be Cyberverse Shadow Striker, but completely fails to do so from the neck down.

It wants to be Universe Shadow Striker, but instead has RID'01 Side Burn's blue/red/silver colors for some reason.

It even wants to be ROTF Shadow Striker with those red windows, but nobody asked for that.

It's basically Dragon Ball Evolution made manifest as an action figure.
Re: Transformers Legacy Core Class Swoop and Scarr Found at US Targets (2162469)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 30th, 2023 @ 10:52pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:And we know this is supposed to be her after she's been experimented on since her eyes are asymetrical.
Her eyes were already assymetrical before she got rebuilt:

Image

This new figure just has an identity crisis.
Re: Transformers Legacy Core Class Swoop and Scarr Found at US Targets (2162470)
Posted by sol magnus on May 30th, 2023 @ 10:57pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
william-james88 wrote:And we know this is supposed to be her after she's been experimented on since her eyes are asymetrical.
Her eyes were already assymetrical before she got rebuilt:

Image

This new figure just has an identity crisis.

That's all fine and good (and true), but I like it.
Re: Transformers Legacy Core Class Swoop and Scarr Found at US Targets (2162471)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 30th, 2023 @ 11:03pm CDT
And, honestly, why is she blue? Like, that's straight up just Side Burn's deco covering the majority of the figure. She won't have to be redecoed into Side Burn, she already IS Side Burn!
Re: Transformers Legacy Core Class Swoop and Scarr Found at US Targets (2162472)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on May 30th, 2023 @ 11:15pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:And, honestly, why is she blue? Like, that's straight up just Side Burn's deco covering the majority of the figure. She won't have to be redecoed into Side Burn, she already IS Side Burn!


It's not Side Burn blue, but it's not quite the Cyberverse color either:

Image

I think someone needs to change the gamma and color balance on their monitor...
Re: Transformers Legacy Core Class Swoop and Scarr Found at US Targets (2162473)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 30th, 2023 @ 11:18pm CDT
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:And, honestly, why is she blue? Like, that's straight up just Side Burn's deco covering the majority of the figure. She won't have to be redecoed into Side Burn, she already IS Side Burn!


It's not Side Burn blue, but it's not quite the Cyberverse color either:
It's closer to him than anything else, especially with all that red and silver too.

Image
Image
Re: Transformers Legacy Core Class Swoop and Scarr Found at US Targets (2162474)
Posted by Razorbeast88 on May 30th, 2023 @ 11:29pm CDT
Hmmmmmm bit of a mixed bag
I like the headsculpt and alt mode, colors are fine I guess
Disappointed in the non Frankenstein

And the stupid roof shield for the sideburn pretool is annoying. The backpack is yuge. And that weird hammer weapon is uggo, gun is better

Will still probably get. She can be my GotG Nebula too

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MCMUZZSAW Transformers BotBots Series 1.5 Lawn League chainsaw 2019 Hasbro"
MCMUZZSAW Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RADDHAXX Transformers BotBots Series 1 Techie Team laptop computer Raddhax"
RADDHAXX Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LEAFMEAT ALONE Transformers BotBots Series 5 Home Rangers meat grinder 2020"
LEAFMEAT ALONE Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FANCY FLUTTER Transformers BotBots Series 4 Sugar Shocks Hasbro 2020 macaroon"
FANCY FLUTTER Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DOCTOR FLICKER Transformers BotBots Series 5 Science Alliance bunsen burner 2020"
DOCTOR FLICKER Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FROHAWK Transformers BotBots Series 1 Toilet Troop 2018 (Hair Color Spray Can)"
FROHAWK Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUGAR SADDLE Transformers BotBots Series 3 Sugar Shocks ice cream sundae 2019"
SUGAR SADDLE Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PEARY PECULIAR Transformers BotBots Series 4 Fresh Squeezes Hasbro 2020"
PEARY PECULIAR Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GOLDSFERATU Transformers BotBots Series 4 Winner's Circle Hasbro 2020 Goldrush"
GOLDSFERATU Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RICHMOND CAKESMORE Transformers BotBots Series 5 Party Favors cake Hasbro 2020"
RICHMOND CAKESMORE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DRIPPY PUP Transformers BotBots Series 3 Goo Goo Groupies Sippy Cup Hasbro 2019"
DRIPPY PUP Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HAWT DIGGITY Transformers BotBots Series 1 Greaser Gang 2018 Hasbro"
HAWT DIGGITY Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PB JUNIOR Transformers BotBots Series 2 Lost Bots peanut butter jelly sandwich"
PB JUNIOR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TELLY Transformers BotBots Series 5 Retro Replays TV television Hasbro 2020"
TELLY Transformers ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #350 - Oops! All Optimus
Twincast / Podcast #350:
"Oops! All Optimus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 18th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Triggerhappy and Blowpipe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 01 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Sky Shadow and  Ominus" on AMAZON