Transformers Studio Series Sentinel Prime and Scrapper Found at US Retail

Transformers Studio Series Sentinel Prime and Scrapper Found at US Retail

Tuesday, April 14th, 2020 11:12pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 21,144

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Thanks to a heads up from Twitter user Weebot17, we have news that the latest wave of Studio Series voyager class figures have made their way to US retail.

The newest wave of Studio Series voyagers consists of Sentinel Prime and Scrapper. Sentinel Prime is an all new mold that is based on the main baddie of the 3rd film, Dark of the Moon. He comes with his sword, and has been the subject of tons of promotional images prior to his US sighting. Scrapper meanwhile is also a new mold and is destined to be the 7th of 8 constructicons that will combine to form Devastator, with this guy forming the right arm. The final member, Overload, will be available in the fall. These 2 figures were found in the Walmart in Mocksville, North Carolina.

Check out the sighting below, and let us know if you find these figures and more while you are out and about, but only when necessary for essentials during this time. Let us know what you think in the comments section below!

Transformers News: Transformers Studio Series Sentinel Prime and Scrapper Found at US Retail

Credit(s): Walmart, Weebot17 on Twitter


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Transformers Studio Series Sentinel Prime and Scrapper Found at US Retail (2060725)
Posted by First-Aid on April 15th, 2020 @ 12:49am CDT
Didn't Scrapper have a street date of September 1? Maybe we will get luck and get member number 8 early as well...
Re: Transformers Studio Series Sentinel Prime and Scrapper Found at US Retail (2060734)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on April 15th, 2020 @ 2:21am CDT
I vaguely remember seeing somewhere that said the Twins were around 8 feet tall? Honestly, I'd love to see a couple two packs of them, or one deluxe two pack with the ice cream truck mode, and maybe a ER Cliffjumper situation with them being released separate for their car modes so that the parts count could be used for transformation. Though, I fully expect them to be a two pack, if we ever see them
Re: Transformers Studio Series Sentinel Prime and Scrapper Found at US Retail (2060735)
Posted by Jeddostotle7 on April 15th, 2020 @ 2:25am CDT
Sentinel_Primal wrote:I vaguely remember seeing somewhere that said the Twins were around 8 feet tall? Honestly, I'd love to see a couple two packs of them, or one deluxe two pack with the ice cream truck mode, and maybe a ER Cliffjumper situation with them being released separate for their car modes so that the parts count could be used for transformation. Though, I fully expect them to be a two pack, if we ever see them

Different sources list them as between 8 and 11.4 feet, and iirc in the movie itself their height varies a decent amount from scene to scene.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Sentinel Prime and Scrapper Found at US Retail (2060751)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on April 15th, 2020 @ 7:52am CDT
First-Aid wrote:Didn't Scrapper have a street date of September 1? Maybe we will get luck and get member number 8 early as well...


Scrapper was always May, with Overload being October. So Scrapper is only a few weeks early. I wouldn't get my hopes too high for Overload moving too far up.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Sentinel Prime and Scrapper Found at US Retail (2060758)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 15th, 2020 @ 9:49am CDT
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Didn't Scrapper have a street date of September 1? Maybe we will get luck and get member number 8 early as well...

Scrapper was always May, with Overload being October. So Scrapper is only a few weeks early. I wouldn't get my hopes too high for Overload moving too far up.

Pretty much this. I am fully anticipating any figure due out the 2nd half of the year are going to be months late compared to when they were planned to be released
Re: Transformers Studio Series Sentinel Prime and Scrapper Found at US Retail (2060761)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on April 15th, 2020 @ 10:00am CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Didn't Scrapper have a street date of September 1? Maybe we will get luck and get member number 8 early as well...

Scrapper was always May, with Overload being October. So Scrapper is only a few weeks early. I wouldn't get my hopes too high for Overload moving too far up.

Pretty much this. I am fully anticipating any figure due out the 2nd half of the year are going to be months late compared to when they were planned to be released


Possibly, but also maybe not. Remember when they were all revealed in February, many dates seemed very late to us. I thought someone at Hasbro acknowledged that they were already planning for delays. For Earthrise in particular, wave 2 was dated for September and wave 3 for November. Both would be very late for a regular schedule.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Sentinel Prime and Scrapper Found at US Retail (2060764)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 15th, 2020 @ 11:06am CDT
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Didn't Scrapper have a street date of September 1? Maybe we will get luck and get member number 8 early as well...

Scrapper was always May, with Overload being October. So Scrapper is only a few weeks early. I wouldn't get my hopes too high for Overload moving too far up.

Pretty much this. I am fully anticipating any figure due out the 2nd half of the year are going to be months late compared to when they were planned to be released


Possibly, but also maybe not. Remember when they were all revealed in February, many dates seemed very late to us. I thought someone at Hasbro acknowledged that they were already planning for delays. For Earthrise in particular, wave 2 was dated for September and wave 3 for November. Both would be very late for a regular schedule.

Except in the Earthrise case, Siege wave 5 WAS 2020 wave 1. Earthrise wave 1 is wave 2 2020, and so on. Wave 3 of Earthrise coming around the holidays makes sense since it is Wave 4 2020.

For Studio Series, they seem to be only doing 3 waves a year, with leaders in the first and last wave per year to spread them out appropriately. Overload coming out in September/October almost mirrors the wide release of DotM Prime from last year
Re: Transformers Studio Series Sentinel Prime and Scrapper Found at US Retail (2060782)
Posted by william-james88 on April 15th, 2020 @ 2:14pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Except in the Earthrise case, Siege wave 5 WAS 2020 wave 1. Earthrise wave 1 is wave 2 2020, and so on. Wave 3 of Earthrise coming around the holidays makes sense since it is Wave 4 2020.

For Studio Series, they seem to be only doing 3 waves a year, with leaders in the first and last wave per year to spread them out appropriately. Overload coming out in September/October almost mirrors the wide release of DotM Prime from last year


Seige Wave 5 was given the official release date within 2019, made to ensure stock for the 2019 holiday season due to the line's popularity (aka more orders from retailers):

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... irs/43489/
Re: Transformers Studio Series Sentinel Prime and Scrapper Found at US Retail (2060790)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 15th, 2020 @ 2:59pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Except in the Earthrise case, Siege wave 5 WAS 2020 wave 1. Earthrise wave 1 is wave 2 2020, and so on. Wave 3 of Earthrise coming around the holidays makes sense since it is Wave 4 2020.

For Studio Series, they seem to be only doing 3 waves a year, with leaders in the first and last wave per year to spread them out appropriately. Overload coming out in September/October almost mirrors the wide release of DotM Prime from last year


Seige Wave 5 was given the official release date within 2019, made to ensure stock for the 2019 holiday season due to the line's popularity (aka more orders from retailers):

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... irs/43489/

Which is the 2020 wave 1 timeline: early release to get stuff out for holidays, but many will not see stock until the new year.

It is how Siege wave 1 was, Siege wave 5, and PotP Wave 1. it follows the pattern
Re: Transformers Studio Series Sentinel Prime and Scrapper Found at US Retail (2060795)
Posted by First-Aid on April 15th, 2020 @ 3:18pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Didn't Scrapper have a street date of September 1? Maybe we will get luck and get member number 8 early as well...

Scrapper was always May, with Overload being October. So Scrapper is only a few weeks early. I wouldn't get my hopes too high for Overload moving too far up.

Pretty much this. I am fully anticipating any figure due out the 2nd half of the year are going to be months late compared to when they were planned to be released


Possibly, but also maybe not. Remember when they were all revealed in February, many dates seemed very late to us. I thought someone at Hasbro acknowledged that they were already planning for delays. For Earthrise in particular, wave 2 was dated for September and wave 3 for November. Both would be very late for a regular schedule.

Except in the Earthrise case, Siege wave 5 WAS 2020 wave 1. Earthrise wave 1 is wave 2 2020, and so on. Wave 3 of Earthrise coming around the holidays makes sense since it is Wave 4 2020.

For Studio Series, they seem to be only doing 3 waves a year, with leaders in the first and last wave per year to spread them out appropriately. Overload coming out in September/October almost mirrors the wide release of DotM Prime from last year


Damnit, I'm a medic not a calendar...
Re: Transformers Studio Series Sentinel Prime and Scrapper Found at US Retail (2060810)
Posted by Rtron on April 15th, 2020 @ 4:29pm CDT
While I love SS Devastator, I doubt we'll get twins perfectly in scale with him, because they sacrificed some of his height to make him fit in the limited size classes available to the Studio Series and make him more affordable.

The line basically has two robot mode scales: the most widespread one, which is the one the twins will probably use (so that they're in scale with most of the other figures, specially the car bots), and the "this character is huge but there's no Commander Class for SS" scale, which is the one used for Grimlock and Scavenger. That second scale makes sure they're bigger than most figures, but still doesn't manage to give them proper screen accurate scale.

For Devastator to truly be in scale with everyone else, Scavenger would have to be a Commander, Long Haul would have to be a leader, and the right leg should use another voyager to help Rampage/Skipjack form it. This difference in scale is easily noticed when you see all of the constructicon altmodes lined up. This of course would have made Devastator waaaay more expensive, and would have required a Commander Class toy which is something that Studio Series just won't get.

TL;DR: The twins will probably be Legends sized, and way smaller than Devastator, but probably not perfectly scaled with him, because HasTak had to make him in a smaller scale because of cost reasons.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Sentinel Prime and Scrapper Found at US Retail (2060816)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 15th, 2020 @ 4:41pm CDT
First-Aid wrote:Damnit, I'm a medic not a calendar...

OK Dr McCoy :P

All I really want from the twins is them to be a size where they can sorta kinda get eaten by Devastator. Legends size is the ideal size for them here
Re: Transformers Studio Series Sentinel Prime and Scrapper Found at US Retail (2061065)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on April 17th, 2020 @ 11:35am CDT
I finally found Sentinel and Scrapper in the wild. I don't need Scrapper (if anyone does, I can get him for you for cost plus shipping) but Sentinel looks really sharp in-hand. I had made up my mind to pass on him, but it's really tempting. He looks good, even with the excess black on his legs.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Sentinel Prime and Scrapper Found at US Retail (2061069)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 17th, 2020 @ 12:11pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:I finally found Sentinel and Scrapper in the wild. I don't need Scrapper (if anyone does, I can get him for you for cost plus shipping) but Sentinel looks really sharp in-hand. I had made up my mind to pass on him, but it's really tempting. He looks good, even with the excess black on his legs.

Get him! Better to buy and resell than to pass up and forever regret it
Re: Transformers Studio Series Sentinel Prime and Scrapper Found at US Retail (2061133)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on April 17th, 2020 @ 10:55pm CDT
Some Bumblebee vs. Barricade!
21B89D8C-B106-4F73-97EF-CB8BFC28C55C.jpeg
Re: Transformers Studio Series Sentinel Prime and Scrapper Found at US Retail (2061141)
Posted by william-james88 on April 18th, 2020 @ 12:10am CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Except in the Earthrise case, Siege wave 5 WAS 2020 wave 1. Earthrise wave 1 is wave 2 2020, and so on. Wave 3 of Earthrise coming around the holidays makes sense since it is Wave 4 2020.

For Studio Series, they seem to be only doing 3 waves a year, with leaders in the first and last wave per year to spread them out appropriately. Overload coming out in September/October almost mirrors the wide release of DotM Prime from last year


Seige Wave 5 was given the official release date within 2019, made to ensure stock for the 2019 holiday season due to the line's popularity (aka more orders from retailers):

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... irs/43489/

Which is the 2020 wave 1 timeline: early release to get stuff out for holidays, but many will not see stock until the new year.

It is how Siege wave 1 was, Siege wave 5, and PotP Wave 1. it follows the pattern


Its not the same thing. Early release of wave 1 still has a defined release date of January 1st. And not all stores get them that early, just some retail stores that dont care about going by those dates. Did BBTS get Siege before 2020 as early as retail did? I don't remember that being the case, but I could be wrong.

These, by contrast were actually slated for 2019. Meaning online stores and brick and mortar retail stores would have them for 2019 and not have to adhere to releasing them in 2020.

Which month in the year did BBTS/TFSource have Siege Wave 1 figures available and which month in the year did BBTS/TFSource have Siege Wave 5 figures available? I don't shop there so I wouldn't know but that would help settle this.
Re: Transformers Studio Series Sentinel Prime and Scrapper Found at US Retail (2061251)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 18th, 2020 @ 4:56pm CDT
found the new wave deluxes today while grabbing groceries. More thoughts on them are to come, for now, appreciate Roadbuster's alt mode complete with some older toys

Image
Image
Image
Re: Transformers Studio Series Sentinel Prime and Scrapper Found at US Retail (2061269)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 18th, 2020 @ 6:01pm CDT
time to finally have this movie moment

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Re: Transformers Studio Series Sentinel Prime and Scrapper Found at US Retail (2061277)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 18th, 2020 @ 6:29pm CDT
Bravo! :APPLAUSE:
Re: Transformers Studio Series Sentinel Prime and Scrapper Found at US Retail (2061281)
Posted by Ig89ninja on April 18th, 2020 @ 6:49pm CDT
Gah, I need that Shatter, but I can’t leave my house in order to get her thanks to the quarantine! :( :MAD:

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Crashbash" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #251 - Bob Lobclaw's Rumor Mill
Twincast / Podcast #251:
"Bob Lobclaw's Rumor Mill"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, May 24th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Triggerhappy, 100% Complete, MOC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Ironhide, 100% Complete, MOC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars IRONHIDE Deluxe Class Figure MOC NEW Optimus Maximus" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Classics Generations Universe MOC Wheelie Legends Class Mint New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Class Caliburst & Slugslinger NEW" on EBAY
Buy "LG 14 Ultra Magnus TRANSFORMERS LEGENDS TAKARA Mint Figure, No Manual, Ok Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Revenge Of The Fallen ROTF Legends Wheelie (No Arms)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Class ~ Decepticon TRIGGERHAPPY w/BLOWPIPE ~ Titans Return" on EBAY