Walgreens Exclusive Transformers Titans Return Brainstorm Found at Walmart

Walgreens Exclusive Transformers Titans Return Brainstorm Found at Walmart

Wednesday, August 31st, 2016 7:22am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 33,439

Here's a curiosity from Transformers Titans Return, and the oddities of its distribution: fellow Seibertronian Brakazar76, based in Bowling Green, Kentucky, has found not one figure, but a whole box of the Walgreens Exclusive single-packed deluxe Brainstorm. Now, nothing odd here, right? Except the Walgreens exclusive was found at a Walmart store - check out the proof below!

Transformers News: Walgreens Exclusive Transformers Titans Return Brainstorm Found at Walmart

What do you make of this? Has something odd happened in distribution, or has the deal with the two stores changed? Let us know in the Energon Pub discussion.

Credit(s): Brakazar76

Re: Walgreens Exclusive Transformers Titans Return Brainstorm Found at Walmart (1820296)
Posted by Microraptor on August 31st, 2016 @ 7:33am CDT
So it's not a Walgreen's exclusive?
Re: Walgreens Exclusive Transformers Titans Return Brainstorm Found at Walmart (1820297)
Posted by Brakazar76 on August 31st, 2016 @ 7:43am CDT
It's still possible that it is. Someone in another forum asked me if I had trouble checking out, which I did. They had to do a price check against the other deluxes because the figure was not in the system. (They actually just asked me the price, they were being lazy.) Anyway, the person in that other forum pointed out to me that a single box could have possibly been placed on the wrong truck.
Re: Walgreens Exclusive Transformers Titans Return Brainstorm Found at Walmart (1820299)
Posted by Cobotron on August 31st, 2016 @ 7:50am CDT
Someone got their Wals mixed up.
Very curious indeed. :-?
Re: Walgreens Exclusive Transformers Titans Return Brainstorm Found at Walmart (1820303)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 31st, 2016 @ 8:04am CDT
Now if only we got that lucky with finding a Brainstorm at Walmart
Re: Walgreens Exclusive Transformers Titans Return Brainstorm Found at Walmart (1820304)
Posted by william-james88 on August 31st, 2016 @ 8:05am CDT
The weird thing is he isnt even released at Wallgreens yet.
Re: Walgreens Exclusive Transformers Titans Return Brainstorm Found at Walmart (1820307)
Posted by william-james88 on August 31st, 2016 @ 8:18am CDT

Kidding aside, none of us are realizing how good we have it and any complaint we may have has been around since the very begining.

Here are some pics in anticipation of the upcoming titan masters:

Shuffler

"Sawback"

Toraizer

Re: Walgreens Exclusive Transformers Titans Return Brainstorm Found at Walmart (1820309)
Posted by ScottyP on August 31st, 2016 @ 8:20am CDT
This reminds me of the Battle of One Step Stinger, the Petrorabbits were - Brainstorm, get your briefcase outta my face!
Re: Walgreens Exclusive Transformers Titans Return Brainstorm Found at Walmart (1820310)
Posted by Brakazar76 on August 31st, 2016 @ 8:20am CDT
Another thing to know, for any collectors who may be close enough to stop at this Walmart and get one, none of them had unbent packaging. Either corners or the plastic shell were messed up a bit on all of them.
Re: Walgreens Exclusive Transformers Titans Return Brainstorm Found at Walmart (1820314)
Posted by Kurona on August 31st, 2016 @ 8:29am CDT
Dammit WJ, you had me going there for a second
Re: Walgreens Exclusive Transformers Titans Return Brainstorm Found at Walmart (1820317)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 31st, 2016 @ 8:41am CDT
On the subject of finding that Brainstorm at a Walmart, I once found a Prime First Edition Deluxe Bumblebee at a Walmart, despite that toy being a Toys'R'Us exclusive. I presumed at the time that the one I found at Walmart must have been a return given to the wrong store, so the case could be the same with the Brainstorm.
Re: Walgreens Exclusive Transformers Titans Return Brainstorm Found at Walmart (1820318)
Posted by Microraptor on August 31st, 2016 @ 8:46am CDT
william-james88 wrote:Jut got Hardhead the other day and ... urgh. I dont know what you guys see in him. I mean people speak of hollow transformers but this guy takes the cake. The entire back is hollowed out (see pics below) and they even hollowed out the gun. I mean come on, at least make a cool sculpted design out of it. But no, just chunks missing from the gun. And there are literally no paint apps. Golden age of TFs my butt.

:lol:

I can't tell you how much I agree with this.
Re: Walgreens Exclusive Transformers Titans Return Brainstorm Found at Walmart (1820323)
Posted by RAR on August 31st, 2016 @ 8:56am CDT
I covered over the gaps in my G1 Hardhead's guns with tape and then painted them to match, same thing I do with the gaps in the forarms of Actionmasters.

But at least Vintage hardhead comes with 2 guns and is quite tall, I'd say a greater point in favour of even hollow cheap looking modern toys compared to late 80's ones is they have more joints now than then...

But Vintage Hardhead is just a fun toy.
Re: Walgreens Exclusive Transformers Titans Return Brainstorm Found at Walmart (1820324)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 31st, 2016 @ 8:58am CDT
Kurona wrote:Dammit WJ, you had me going there for a second

He had me going too. I really thought he was taking a dump on the TR guy :lol:
Re: Walgreens Exclusive Transformers Titans Return Brainstorm Found at Walmart (1820325)
Posted by william-james88 on August 31st, 2016 @ 8:58am CDT
:lol: Glad you guys are having fun wtih what I wrote. But seriously, I just got G1 hardhead and whe I handled him I saw all the complaints people were havig now but doubled. I think people forgot how these toys were like.

Anyways, here is another proposition: Brainstorm will be exclusive to Walmart Canada. Exclusivity is at a national level and Walmart Canada has been known to pick up Exclusives for stores that arent wide spread. Like that two pack of AOE Flip and Change Grimlock and Optimus that was KMart exclusive, or more recently the Platinum RID toys. And they mistakened the country it was heading to.

This would be awesome news for Canada since wallgreens is practically non existant here.
Re: Walgreens Exclusive Transformers Titans Return Brainstorm Found at Walmart (1820328)
Posted by Terrsolpix on August 31st, 2016 @ 9:00am CDT
At least there are more 'marts than 'walls in my neighborhood. But then again, Walmart's selection last time I was there consisted of two RID onesteps and an AoE lanky brick Drift :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Walgreens Exclusive Transformers Titans Return Brainstorm Found at Walmart (1820329)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on August 31st, 2016 @ 9:14am CDT
william-james88 wrote: :lol: Glad you guys are having fun with what I wrote. But seriously, I just got G1 Hardhead and when I handled him I saw all the complaints people were having now but doubled. I think people forgot how these toys were like.

That, and they might be stuck behind a barrier of ERMAHGERD MAH CHELDHERD :BOWDOWN:

... *ahem* Nostalgia filters aside, personally, I respect the G1 toys, but I am of the opinion that they are not 'good' toys, at least not by today's standards. I'm honestly surprised that the reissues sold at general retail sell well enough to people other than collectors to actually be worth making...
Re: Walgreens Exclusive Transformers Titans Return Brainstorm Found at Walmart (1820330)
Posted by Kurona on August 31st, 2016 @ 9:15am CDT
To be fair, I've heard good things about Predaking.

And I think if I found a G1 Nightbeat or Hot Rod at retail I'd go for them. I love them so much.
Re: Walgreens Exclusive Transformers Titans Return Brainstorm Found at Walmart (1820332)
Posted by william-james88 on August 31st, 2016 @ 9:30am CDT
Sigma Magnus wrote:

They have their charm and some are fun for playability (like the Return of Convoy bases). In terms of playability, G1 Fort Max is as great now as he ever was and Scorponok still feels very modern in his city mode and scorpion mode due to all the articulation his claws had. And Skylynx is still a very good toy. I also like Pradaking and the deco on the G1 Dinobots and Insecticons make them look like jewels. And G1 Megatron has a fun transformation and really cool playability, its just his look and articulation that is off. I find the animal casettes really fun too. G1 ravage looks better than MP ravage. But others like Blaster, Soundwave, the Seekers and Optimus Prime really show their age and cant be compared to today's standards. Until Titans Return I did hae a soft spot for the headmasters because of all that playability bt it has been perfectly recreated and perfected in Titans Return.
Re: Walgreens Exclusive Transformers Titans Return Brainstorm Found at Walmart (1820334)
Posted by CarelliCollectables on August 31st, 2016 @ 9:51am CDT
Cobotron wrote:Someone got their Wals mixed up.
Very curious indeed. :-?

Even more curious - I contacted Hasbro to ask about this and this is the reply I got:

Daniel,

I apologize for the information you've located on the internet; however, the Titans Return Brainstorm is not an exclusive to any specific retailer. The information in the link you provided is not correct.

Regards,
Veronica
Re: Walgreens Exclusive Transformers Titans Return Brainstorm Found at Walmart (1820335)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on August 31st, 2016 @ 9:53am CDT
Rotoraptor wrote:
Cobotron wrote:Someone got their Wals mixed up.
Very curious indeed. :-?

Daniel,

Regards,
Veronica

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #276 - Whoops! All Bumblebees
"Whoops! All Bumblebees"
Posted: Sunday, May 16th, 2021

Buy "Blitzwing TRANSFORMERS Studio Series 65 Bumblebee Movie toy figure jet plane" on EBAY
Buy "LG50 Sixshot | Japanese Transformers Legends Import Takara Tomy Generations" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS 1985 G1 Hasbro  Milton Bradley Card # 47 Purple Vs Blue Sky Variant" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Breakaway Throttle" on EBAY