Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:01 pm

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
SlyTF1 wrote:
TimothyR wrote:i know that the story for these movies is never going to be anything special.. so, my only real complaint is the way the human built transformers transformed. that morphing that they did where they floated around was awful, it really lost some of the magic of what transformers are. i really hope they get rid of that **** for the next one.. something tells me they won't though.


They're supposed to be abominations. They're made by humans. They aren't meant to be natural "Transformers." They're drones.
On a different yet related note, can you instead explain how mere human beings were able to perfect such a sophisticated form of transformation that borders on being full on magic, when the highly advanced technological alien race had only perfected a much less advanced form of transformation that keeps to more realistic levels of feasibility and practicality, despite the art of transformation being part of the latter's very nature?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28887
News Credits: 225
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby JazZeke » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:14 pm

Motto: "Every dark cloud may have a silver lining, but every gingerbread house has a witch inside."
Weapon: Shoulder Mounted Rocket Launcher
Sabrblade wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
TimothyR wrote:i know that the story for these movies is never going to be anything special.. so, my only real complaint is the way the human built transformers transformed. that morphing that they did where they floated around was awful, it really lost some of the magic of what transformers are. i really hope they get rid of that **** for the next one.. something tells me they won't though.


They're supposed to be abominations. They're made by humans. They aren't meant to be natural "Transformers." They're drones.
On a different yet related note, can you instead explain how mere human beings were able to perfect such a sophisticated form of transformation that borders on being full on magic, when the highly advanced technological alien race had only perfected a much less advanced form of transformation that keeps to more realistic levels of feasibility and practicality, despite the art of transformation being part of the latter's very nature?

That really bugged me too. Are we really supposed to believe humans could build better Transformers than the Transformers themselves? (Also, "Transformium", really? That's even worse than "Unobtanium".)

Regarding the headline, I'm downright shocked that this movie managed to beat out Guardians of the Galaxy. GotG was by no means a perfect movie, but it was miles smarter and more original than AoE. Plus Gunn proved that you can have a movie where CGI characters get just as much focus and character development as the human actors.
User avatar
JazZeke
Faction Commander
Posts: 4667
News Credits: 11
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2003 7:33 pm
Location: Arizona, where the glass is always greener.... on the other side of the state line!
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 3
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:22 pm

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
JazZeke wrote:(Also, "Transformium", really? That's even worse than "Unobtanium".)
THAT I had no problem with because it's supposed to be a dumb name. Wembley and/or Joshua said it was a focus grouped name, which means it's meant to sound lame as a jab from the movie towards focus groups.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28887
News Credits: 225
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby Flashwave » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:25 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
JazZeke wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
TimothyR wrote:i know that the story for these movies is never going to be anything special.. so, my only real complaint is the way the human built transformers transformed. that morphing that they did where they floated around was awful, it really lost some of the magic of what transformers are. i really hope they get rid of that **** for the next one.. something tells me they won't though.


They're supposed to be abominations. They're made by humans. They aren't meant to be natural "Transformers." They're drones.
On a different yet related note, can you instead explain how mere human beings were able to perfect such a sophisticated form of transformation that borders on being full on magic, when the highly advanced technological alien race had only perfected a much less advanced form of transformation that keeps to more realistic levels of feasibility and practicality, despite the art of transformation being part of the latter's very nature?

That really bugged me too. Are we really supposed to believe humans could build better Transformers than the Transformers themselves? (Also, "Transformium", really? That's even worse than "Unobtanium".)

Regarding the headline, I'm downright shocked that this movie managed to beat out Guardians of the Galaxy. GotG was by no means a perfect movie, but it was miles smarter and more original than AoE. Plus Gunn proved that you can have a movie where CGI characters get just as much focus and character development as the human actors.


I think the premise of the "transformation" was that it was built around a Transformer's Cellular structure, and their ability to reformat their exoskeleton based on a scanned vehicle mode, whereas a traditional Transformer does it via contortionism. *Cough*Nanites*/Cough*. They were growing Transformers out of Stem Cells basically, by harvesting mechaorganic tissue and poking it with the proverbial science stick. The THEORY, I have no problem with, because sure, a nanite cloud rebuilding itself would look like a blob. PROBABLY, the Transformers never designed this trait because they already had a method of Transforming that worked and worked well. Chalk it up to complacency or simple ignorance. The problem I have with it is the way it was handled graphically, and that when you introduce Nanites, it becomes very hard to take down the enemy realitically, which is what ultimately happened.

I don't recall when TF4 and GotG came out, but I think TF4 simply beat it out because it had more time to sit in Theaters, a better following who saw it multiple times (GotG was a newcomer even to casual comic fans compared to Thor or Ironman), and a stronger showing (and support, especially in China) overseas. Those overseas numbers help.

As for "Transformium", G1 introduced a lot of metals too. As a fan, I kinda wish they'd stuck with Cybertronum, but there's no reason for a human to use Cybrtron as a root name, since they've only ever seen Cybertron for 20 minutes.
Image
User avatar
Flashwave
Faction Commander
Posts: 4377
News Credits: 5
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:42 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby SlyTF1 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:11 am

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Sword
Sabrblade wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
TimothyR wrote:i know that the story for these movies is never going to be anything special.. so, my only real complaint is the way the human built transformers transformed. that morphing that they did where they floated around was awful, it really lost some of the magic of what transformers are. i really hope they get rid of that **** for the next one.. something tells me they won't though.


They're supposed to be abominations. They're made by humans. They aren't meant to be natural "Transformers." They're drones.
On a different yet related note, can you instead explain how mere human beings were able to perfect such a sophisticated form of transformation that borders on being full on magic, when the highly advanced technological alien race had only perfected a much less advanced form of transformation that keeps to more realistic levels of feasibility and practicality, despite the art of transformation being part of the latter's very nature?


They didn't "perfect," anything. Them breaking down into their base particles in order to transform isn't perfected. That's primitive, at best. It may be more useful for combat purposes, but far from perfected.
I Am.
User avatar
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Posts: 4846
News Credits: 37
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Location: The Kingdom of Heaven
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:21 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
I think the transformation was a visual style more then anything else as it's combat advantages were certainly not played upon in the final battle in Hong Kong.

I thought an arms race of weapons made from transformers tech would of been a better storyline to go with instead of its consumer angle. That way all drones the drones could of been military vehicles. Stinger could of still featured as a light reconnaissance car to keep up his mirroring of bumblebee.
ZeroWolf
Faction Commander
Posts: 4210
News Credits: 3
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:58 am
Location: North East UK

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby AutoBorst » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:02 am

No indicator that it was a good film in way shape or form however.
AutoBorst
Minibot
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:18 am

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:29 am

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
SlyTF1 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
TimothyR wrote:i know that the story for these movies is never going to be anything special.. so, my only real complaint is the way the human built transformers transformed. that morphing that they did where they floated around was awful, it really lost some of the magic of what transformers are. i really hope they get rid of that **** for the next one.. something tells me they won't though.


They're supposed to be abominations. They're made by humans. They aren't meant to be natural "Transformers." They're drones.
On a different yet related note, can you instead explain how mere human beings were able to perfect such a sophisticated form of transformation that borders on being full on magic, when the highly advanced technological alien race had only perfected a much less advanced form of transformation that keeps to more realistic levels of feasibility and practicality, despite the art of transformation being part of the latter's very nature?


They didn't "perfect," anything. Them breaking down into their base particles in order to transform isn't perfected. That's primitive, at best. It may be more useful for combat purposes, but far from perfected.
They created the process and made it work with zero negative consequences. Sounds perfected to me.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28887
News Credits: 225
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby Lockdownhunter » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:51 am

Motto: "There are no strings on me!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
TF4 was in my honest opinion,the best of the 4 movies(A lot of people will scream at me for this.) Let us hope that TF5 will be even better with almost no loopholes! :D

P.S.Cannot wait for Jurassic World too!
Image
User avatar
Lockdownhunter
Combiner
Posts: 423
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:55 pm
Location: In all your computers
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:00 am

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Lockdownhunter wrote:Let us hope that TF5 will be even better with almost no loopholes! :D
You kiddin'? Loopholes are what these filmmakers seem to love most (after excessive carnage and needless adult humor, that is). :P
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28887
News Credits: 225
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby guarayakha » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:40 am

At least AoE does not comes with a Screaming LaBeouf. The Kreo-formers though...urghh. I guess it's probably faster (and cheaper?) to do a simulation of floating cubes than to rig a transforming model that'll only be scene like what, once each? Not even the bots get to transform on screen except for Prime and Drift. And Bee gets a cheating shot of "car flaps opening"-> Camera change to humans-> back to botmode. Which is funny considering that in TF1's audio commentary Bay explicitly said that he hated that one shot where Bee does just that, because it's lazy work. :lol:

inb4chrisprattinTF5becausehesineverythingnowadays :BOOM:
User avatar
guarayakha
Targetmaster
Posts: 615
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:09 pm

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:42 am

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
guarayakha wrote:At least AoE does not comes with a Screaming LaBeouf. The Kreo-formers though...urghh. I guess it's probably faster (and cheaper?) to do a simulation of floating cubes than to rig a transforming model that'll only be scene like what, once each? Not even the bots get to transform on screen except for Prime and Drift. And Bee gets a cheating shot of "car flaps opening"-> Camera change to humans-> back to botmode. Which is funny considering that in TF1's audio commentary Bay explicitly said that he hated that one shot where Bee does just that, because it's lazy work. :lol:

inb4chrisprattinTF5becausehesineverythingnowadays :BOOM:
Lockdown, Bee, and Crosshairs each did get to transform onscreen at least once. Hound, however, got the short end of the deal.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28887
News Credits: 225
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby Insurgent » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:15 am

ZeroWolf wrote:I think the transformation was a visual style more then anything else as it's combat advantages were certainly not played upon in the final battle in Hong Kong.


That's because the drones weren't sentient. Or at least were just rudimentary intelligent. They didn't have the mental ability to use themselves in that way. However, Galvatron did, as seen during the motorway chase when Bee shot at him under the bridge. But Galvatron didn't do anything in the final fight.


I do agree though, I do not like the flying pixel transformation. Except for when Galvatron used it in combat. I admit, that was sweet.
Beast Wars FOREVER!

Image
User avatar
Insurgent
City Commander
Posts: 3416
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:10 pm

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby Deadput » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:55 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
Sabrblade wrote:
guarayakha wrote:At least AoE does not comes with a Screaming LaBeouf. The Kreo-formers though...urghh. I guess it's probably faster (and cheaper?) to do a simulation of floating cubes than to rig a transforming model that'll only be scene like what, once each? Not even the bots get to transform on screen except for Prime and Drift. And Bee gets a cheating shot of "car flaps opening"-> Camera change to humans-> back to botmode. Which is funny considering that in TF1's audio commentary Bay explicitly said that he hated that one shot where Bee does just that, because it's lazy work. :lol:

inb4chrisprattinTF5becausehesineverythingnowadays :BOOM:
Lockdown, Bee, and Crosshairs each did get to transform onscreen at least once. Hound, however, got the short end of the deal.



I just finished the movie yesterday and I can confirm that Crosshairs does transform but you can't see him because Grimlock is in front of him.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.


Image
User avatar
Deadput
City Commander
Posts: 3266
News Credits: 44
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 7:37 am
Location: Alberta,Canada
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Rank: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby SlyTF1 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:44 pm

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Sword
Sabrblade wrote:
guarayakha wrote:At least AoE does not comes with a Screaming LaBeouf. The Kreo-formers though...urghh. I guess it's probably faster (and cheaper?) to do a simulation of floating cubes than to rig a transforming model that'll only be scene like what, once each? Not even the bots get to transform on screen except for Prime and Drift. And Bee gets a cheating shot of "car flaps opening"-> Camera change to humans-> back to botmode. Which is funny considering that in TF1's audio commentary Bay explicitly said that he hated that one shot where Bee does just that, because it's lazy work. :lol:

inb4chrisprattinTF5becausehesineverythingnowadays :BOOM:
Lockdown, Bee, and Crosshairs each did get to transform onscreen at least once. Hound, however, got the short end of the deal.


Don't forget all of the Dinobots, at least twice.
I Am.
User avatar
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Posts: 4846
News Credits: 37
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Location: The Kingdom of Heaven
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Age of Extinction Was 2014's Most Successful Blockbuster

Postby Optimum Supreme » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:21 pm

Motto: "That's [not out yet/never came out] in my area."
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
Autobot032 wrote:According to Deadline, an industry trade website, Transformers: Age Of Extinction was the clear winner of 2014, having the largest box office take of the year, it even beat out other big greats such as American Sniper and The Lego Movie!
bolding mine

Wow, it beat a movie that wasn't even in wide release at all in 2014 and only in limited released for a week? Impressive!
User avatar
Optimum Supreme
Godmaster
Posts: 1740
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:27 pm
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10+
Rank: N/A
Courage: 7
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 4

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby chivesbot20 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:27 pm

The Dinobots had a few transformations so that made me happy ( especially since rumors were going around that they didn't transform).Although it is known that Crosshairs transforms, it's still not onscreen.He wasn't even like Que in DOTM when they returned in the background Que can be seen starting to transform.
chivesbot20
Fuzor
Posts: 235
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:45 pm

Amazon Prime to Stream Transformers: Age of Extinction from June 13th

Postby Va'al » Fri May 15, 2015 2:26 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
For all the Transformers movieverse fans out there, some good news from Amazon Prime! The online retailer's premium section is adding a bunch of movies to their streaming service, and the list includes the latest Paramount/Michael Bay output - Age of Extinction - as of June 13th. Check out the full list below to see what else is available, too.

Amazon has released its lineup of movies and TV shows that will be available for streaming come June 2015. During those hot summer days, Amazon Prime members will be able to enjoy titles like "Transformers: Age of Extinction," "The Shining," "Lucky Number Slevin" and Season 5 of "Covert Affairs."

Amazon Prime titles

June 1
"The Shining"
"Roman Holiday"
"Apocalypse Now"
"Apocalypse Now Redux"
"Something Wild" (1986)
"Sid & Nancy"
"Sucker Punch"
"Troll"
"Troll 2"
"Rep: The Genetic Opera"
"The Island of Dr. Moreau"
"Seven Psychopaths"
"The Paper Chase"
"People Will Talk"
"Far From Home: The Adventures of Yellow Dog"
"Murder of a Cat"
"Nine Months"
"Word and Pictures"

June 12
"Life of Crime"

June 13
"Transformers: Age of Extinction"


June 15
"Leprechaun: Origins"

June 19
"A Most Wanted Man"

June 22
"Lucky Number Slevin"

June 24
"Covert Affairs," Season 5

June 26
"Katy Perry: The Prismatic World Tour"

June 27
"The Mist"
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image
Never too late for.. The Va'ault.
User avatar
Va'al
News Admin
Posts: 15516
News Credits: 184
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: Italy/Japan
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby TurboMMaster » Sun May 17, 2015 5:26 am

Motto: ""Have a hig gun? Have a big fun!!!""
Weapon: Cyclone Gun
Insurgent wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:I think the transformation was a visual style more then anything else as it's combat advantages were certainly not played upon in the final battle in Hong Kong.


That's because the drones weren't sentient. Or at least were just rudimentary intelligent. They didn't have the mental ability to use themselves in that way. However, Galvatron did, as seen during the motorway chase when Bee shot at him under the bridge. But Galvatron didn't do anything in the final fight.


I do agree though, I do not like the flying pixel transformation. Except for when Galvatron used it in combat. I admit, that was sweet.
The main question is, Why Galvatron didn't do anything by himself during Hong Kong scene, he isn't easy to be damaged, and he showed already that he is strong enough to fight with Prime. Yet again he let his mindless drones get the job done, whey never learned that this can't work don't they.

Imagine how mucha Decepticons could be effective, without "Megatron/Galvatron is only sitting and giving order" rule
Image
What is love? Baby don't hurt me, Don't hurt me, no more.
User avatar
TurboMMaster
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 551
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:12 am
Watch TurboMMaster on YouTube
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 5

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby dreadwing95 » Sun May 17, 2015 6:23 am

TurboMMaster wrote:
Insurgent wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:I think the transformation was a visual style more then anything else as it's combat advantages were certainly not played upon in the final battle in Hong Kong.


That's because the drones weren't sentient. Or at least were just rudimentary intelligent. They didn't have the mental ability to use themselves in that way. However, Galvatron did, as seen during the motorway chase when Bee shot at him under the bridge. But Galvatron didn't do anything in the final fight.


I do agree though, I do not like the flying pixel transformation. Except for when Galvatron used it in combat. I admit, that was sweet.
The main question is, Why Galvatron didn't do anything by himself during Hong Kong scene, he isn't easy to be damaged, and he showed already that he is strong enough to fight with Prime. Yet again he let his mindless drones get the job done, whey never learned that this can't work don't they.

Imagine how mucha Decepticons could be effective, without "Megatron/Galvatron is only sitting and giving order" rule

im not sure he couldve stood a chance against the dinobots but i do agree he couldve done a lot more in the final battle
dreadwing95
Minibot
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:30 am

Re: Age of Extinction Was 2014's Most Successful Blockbuster

Postby Beardy » Tue May 19, 2015 1:32 am

Optimum Supreme wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:According to Deadline, an industry trade website, Transformers: Age Of Extinction was the clear winner of 2014, having the largest box office take of the year, it even beat out other big greats such as American Sniper and The Lego Movie!
bolding mine

Wow, it beat a movie that wasn't even in wide release at all in 2014 and only in limited released for a week? Impressive!



1 - Transformers: Age of Extinction Paramount Pictures $1,091,404,499
2 - The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies Warner Bros. / New Line Cinema / MGM $955,113,783
3 - Guardians of the Galaxy Marvel Studios $774,176,600
4 - Maleficent Walt Disney Pictures $758,654,942
5 - The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 Lionsgate Films $752,100,229
6 - X-Men: Days of Future Past 20th Century Fox $748,121,534
7 - Captain America: The Winter Soldier Marvel Studios $714,766,572
8 - The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Columbia Pictures $709,582,323
9 - Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 20th Century Fox $708,835,589
10 - Interstellar Paramount Pictures / Warner Bros. $672,974,414

Lego and Sniper don't feature on the list for obvious reasons...
Age of Extinction beat all of these movies which were on wide release last year. Clearly.
In comparison to most of those films in the list, I did not like AOE as much - but the figures speak for themselves.
It's also the 12th highest grossing film of all time. No other film from 2014 is even in the top 20 highest grossing films...
Beardy
Mini-Con
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:04 am

Re: Age of Extinction Was 2014's Most Successful Blockbuster

Postby RhA » Tue May 19, 2015 2:51 am

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
Beardy wrote:
Optimum Supreme wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:According to Deadline, an industry trade website, Transformers: Age Of Extinction was the clear winner of 2014, having the largest box office take of the year, it even beat out other big greats such as American Sniper and The Lego Movie!
bolding mine

Wow, it beat a movie that wasn't even in wide release at all in 2014 and only in limited released for a week? Impressive!



1 - Transformers: Age of Extinction Paramount Pictures $1,091,404,499
2 - The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies Warner Bros. / New Line Cinema / MGM $955,113,783
3 - Guardians of the Galaxy Marvel Studios $774,176,600
4 - Maleficent Walt Disney Pictures $758,654,942
5 - The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 Lionsgate Films $752,100,229
6 - X-Men: Days of Future Past 20th Century Fox $748,121,534
7 - Captain America: The Winter Soldier Marvel Studios $714,766,572
8 - The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Columbia Pictures $709,582,323
9 - Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 20th Century Fox $708,835,589
10 - Interstellar Paramount Pictures / Warner Bros. $672,974,414

Lego and Sniper don't feature on the list for obvious reasons...
Age of Extinction beat all of these movies which were on wide release last year. Clearly.
In comparison to most of those films in the list, I did not like AOE as much - but the figures speak for themselves.
It's also the 12th highest grossing film of all time. No other film from 2014 is even in the top 20 highest grossing films...

AOE beat the Hobbit? [petpeeve}Hell yeah! On a very personal note, I think Peter Jackson jumped the shark with LOTR and really butchered the Hobbit, making it form light-hearted into something that's harshly shoe-horned into LOTR. No Ents? Again no Tom Bombadil? A made-up war? Yes, the Hobbit deserves to be beaten by Micheal Bay. [/petpeeve]
Image
Love thy pretenders.
User avatar
RhA
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5431
News Credits: 2
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:37 am
Location: 1988

Transformers: Age of Extinction Now Available for Streaming on Netflix and Amazon Prime

Postby Va'al » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:37 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Much like Amazon Prime, as we reported a month ago, streaming service Netflix has also made Transformers: Age of Extinction available for viewing online as of this weekend! The notification comes to us from fellow Seibertronian Cobotron, who also sends us the stock image used by Netflix below. Will you be taking some time this Sunday to revisit the fourth instalment in the Paramount series about (more or less) our favourite transforming robots?

Image


To view on Netflix, follow this link: https://www.netflix.com/gb/?trkid=13462064

To view on Amazon Prime, follow this link: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L83TQR6
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image
Never too late for.. The Va'ault.
User avatar
Va'al
News Admin
Posts: 15516
News Credits: 184
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: Italy/Japan
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby Kup98ss » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:09 am

One time was enough for me.
Kup98ss
Headmaster
Posts: 1235
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2001 3:42 pm

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:19 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
This weekend? Is this a region thing cos I've watched AoE on Netflix four times in the past few months already. :P
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean any offense to anyone. I'm just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Movieverse ('Bayformers' are my fave Transformers), Marvel UK G1, most Marvel US G1, 1986 animated movie.
Dislikes: TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron.
User avatar
Carnivius_Prime
Gestalt
Posts: 2179
News Credits: 6
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:35 am
Location: Cambridgeshire, England

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Ending Soon On eBay

New Transformers Cloud 9 Toy W-01B Quakeblast Black Shockwave G1 Style In Stock - Time Remaining: 1 day 11 hours 41 minutes 44 seconds
Transformers Combiner Wars Skydive Hasbro 2014 - Time Remaining: 7 days 4 hours 3 minutes 10 seconds
Transformers Energon Scorponok 100% Complete 2004 - Time Remaining: 7 days 14 minutes 49 seconds
New Transformers Cloud 9 C9 W-01B Quakeblast Black Shockwave MP size in Stock4 - Time Remaining: 1 day 12 hours 16 minutes 56 seconds
Transformers Armada Mini-Con Air Defense Team Sonar Jetstorm Runway Star Saber - Time Remaining: 8 days 7 hours 19 minutes 7 seconds
Transformers Dark of the Moon Mechtech   Darksteel Figure Deluxe Class 2011 - Time Remaining: 3 days 16 hours 39 minutes 37 seconds
Transformers: Robots In Disguise Power Surge Bumblebee And Buzzstrike 2015 - Time Remaining: 6 days 15 hours 40 minutes 35 seconds
RARE!! Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors TACTICIAN CYCLONUS Separate sale - Time Remaining: 7 days 8 hours 45 minutes 12 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #188 - Mutinous Intent
Twincast / Podcast #188:
"Mutinous Intent"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, November 13th, 2017