IDW Transformers: Lost Light Ongoing Discussion Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light Ongoing Discussion Thread

Postby Burn » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:15 pm

Lore Keeper wrote:So, thoughts on the last panel of 'LL #13? I'm definitely intrigued.

Intriguing yes, here's hoping it has a good pay off.

I'd hope for more stories involving Ten, but it'll just end up taking away the mystique of the character.
Image
I'll be ignoring Burn's comments from now on
he's just being an @$$hol€!
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 45385
News Credits: 120
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light Ongoing Discussion Thread

Postby Lore Keeper » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:35 pm

Burn wrote:
Lore Keeper wrote:So, thoughts on the last panel of 'LL #13? I'm definitely intrigued.

Intriguing yes, here's hoping it has a good pay off.

I'd hope for more stories involving Ten, but it'll just end up taking away the mystique of the character.

He's been an enigma since his introduction. The Legislators are supposedly sparkless drones, but we know that many of them were built from the remains of the slaughtered Circle of Light. I've long suspected that Ten is one of these, and that there is somehow some remnant of his original self in there. The ending of this issue makes me more convinced of this. Now I'm just trying to figure out who he used to be.
User avatar
Lore Keeper
Minibot
Posts: 147
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:23 pm

Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light Ongoing Discussion Thread

Postby Va'al » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:04 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Lore Keeper wrote:
Burn wrote:
Lore Keeper wrote:So, thoughts on the last panel of 'LL #13? I'm definitely intrigued.

Intriguing yes, here's hoping it has a good pay off.

I'd hope for more stories involving Ten, but it'll just end up taking away the mystique of the character.

He's been an enigma since his introduction. The Legislators are supposedly sparkless drones, but we know that many of them were built from the remains of the slaughtered Circle of Light. I've long suspected that Ten is one of these, and that there is somehow some remnant of his original self in there. The ending of this issue makes me more convinced of this. Now I'm just trying to figure out who he used to be.


I side with Burn (I think) on this one.

Ten has been a really interesting character to see develop without having to go the same route as current Grimlock - except for this issue, as you'll see - for 'further layers', which in my opinion are entirely unnecessary at this stage. Setting up a really interesting character only to weave it into a pattern that wasn't really there to begin with can get tiresome after the ..fourth time?

Neil Gaiman has used it as his go-to trope for most of his writing, and I'd like to not see more 'not who you really think they are' characters keep appearing all across the universe. I get the spin on the 'in Disguise' bit, but it can easily get overdone!
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image
Walk with me into.. The Va'ault.
User avatar
Va'al
News Admin
Posts: 16130
News Credits: 194
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: Italy/Japan
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light Ongoing Discussion Thread

Postby ArmadaPrime » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:21 am

Weapon: Requiem Blaster
The Ten thing is intriguing, and personally I'm not expecting it to be a big reveal about some secret he's been keeping. He's been shown to be very intelligent and skilled before (forcefield on the necroworld, his sculptures and other artwork), I figure that maybe whatever is causing Everything To Go Nuts has also reversed the limitation on his voice box?
As for the preview, I really enjoyed it! Tarn was a treat, nickel and the scavengers sounds like fun dynamic, and the Shockwave thing? I saw it as shock blasting his own audio receptor off, which most would hesitate to do but shocks would find to be a perfectly logical solution. I'll check the panel again, maybe I'm projecting my own ideas onto it!
Certified Expert™ in reading wikis to pretend I know more about things than I actually do
User avatar
ArmadaPrime
Brainmaster
Posts: 1403
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:41 am
Location: Berkshire | Birmingham

Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light Ongoing Discussion Thread

Postby not_a_bot » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:29 pm

Lore Keeper wrote:[ The Legislators are supposedly sparkless drones, but we know that many of them were built from the remains of the slaughtered Circle of Light. I've long suspected that Ten is one of these, and that there is somehow some remnant of his original self in there. The ending of this issue makes me more convinced of this. Now I'm just trying to figure out who he used to be.


Good idea, let me spin this even further: everyone is somehow reverting to an earlier state.

Edit: due to "threadbare space", I mean.

Skp shrinks down.
Ratchets hands belong to a dead mech, and so they turn dead.
Rewind is supposed to be dead in this universe, and so he is on the verge of expiring.
Cyclonus used to be a lot angrier before.
Whirl just might have been a lot more compassionate and insightful before empurata.
Ten... well, becomes whoever he used to be.

Did I miss someone?
not_a_bot
Mini-Con
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:40 am

Review of IDW Transformers: Lost Light #14

Postby Va'al » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:44 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Scadventures
(Spoiler free-ish)



Synopsis
MACGUFFIN QUEST! The Scavengers have never had it so good. The war is a receding memory, their patchy service records have been forgotten, and the five of them can roam the galaxy as they please. All’s well that ends well? Not quite. Because unbeknownst to Krok and Co., their next adventure… will be their last.

Image
Canhuddleing


Story

It's been a surprisingly short time since the last issue of Transformers: Lost Light, and we may be finally catching up not only on releases, but also with the story and the various threads (bare?) running through the series up to this point - though in an entirely different direction this month! How so? Read on below.

Image
oh just ignore us major villains floating away


First off, I want to say that I really enjoyed this issue in spite of/despite all my misgivings for the run so far, and I can find no discernible reason why that may be the case. I have two major points to address in terms of execution, but overall, issue #14 is enjoyable, extremely important from a plot perspective, and does some very good work with an established cast.

Image
they're good Cons, Brent


My issue then: the pacing. There is a lot going on in the issue, and that is an entirely welcome development for the series, as I said above, as it feels more like we're catching up to speed with where the rest of the universe is. But, that said, some of it feels a little too fast, even with the lynchpins of Nickel and Grimlock serving to anchor the threads in the book.

Image
Hi, lynchpins


On the flip side, those very same story plot threads are incredibly entertaining, and develop some mysteries that are not entirely out of left field but tie up with some of the more established lore so far, while also providing answers to some old and running questions. And to top it all off, the Scavengers' chemistry is a joy to read.


Art

Let me be quite direct here: Sara Pitre-Durocher and Brendan Cahill do some amazing work, each in their own part of the book, and taken alone, they work perfectly fine - I did, however, find a jarring shift between their styles as the books switches. Which is a real shame, as Cahill's chins and panel layouts for some of the more action-based scenes, and Pitre-Durocher's enjoyful villainy at the start and page layouts overall are gorgeous.

Image
Dat perspective


I was wondering if it was, after all, a lack of cohesion in the colouring, by Joana Lafuente puts in some masterful levels of efforts and work in finding the tones and hues that do indeed bring consistency between the styles (different setting also helps) but there's still something clashing between the two takes of the same cast, in my view.

Image
This is pretty spectacular


The lettering, and I know I say this a lot with Tom B. Long, but it is - is just amazing. The sound effects at times take over the soundscape of panels in such a way that makes the action or the silence work perfectly, and they work so well with the colours and lineart.

We've seen the majority of the covers in previous news coverage, from the main Lawrence/Lafuente piece to the variants by Nick Roche and Josh Burcham, and the thumbnailed Cahill/Lafuente one - so you really have a choice of Grimlocks to pick from this week - to check them all out again, head to our database!

Thoughts
Spoilerish ahead

I really enjoyed this chapter in the story, even with the issues I've highlighted above. Discussin it with other staff it feels like the rushed pacing has definitely had a different impression on different readers, so it may very well indeed be more to your speed - and it definitely is good plot propelling and enough of a combing of knots to prepare for what's to come.

Image
Me reading this? nah, too dark


And even with the unfortunate speed bump in art - by no fault I think of the artistic teams, but rather an odd choice of pairing (not the first time this has happened of recent, actually) - catching up with the Scavengers also gives us a really, really intriguing development, with an initial hook (Shockwave and DJD) that has already annoyed a lot of readers I've seen comment; but given that it was, indeed, a hook, it was mischievously well played.


. :rodimusstar: :rodimusstar: :rodimusstar: :rodimusstar: out of :rodimusstar: :rodimusstar: :rodimusstar: :rodimusstar: :rodimusstar:
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image
Walk with me into.. The Va'ault.
User avatar
Va'al
News Admin
Posts: 16130
News Credits: 194
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: Italy/Japan
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light Ongoing Discussion Thread

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:06 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Always good to see grimlock back in action, as for the initial hook, people read the previews...they should of known it was just setup
ZeroWolf
Faction Commander
Posts: 4478
News Credits: 3
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:58 am
Location: North East UK

Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light Ongoing Discussion Thread

Postby Randomhero » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:52 am

I still don’t understand the Magnificance. So Scorponok had it? Then he lost it and it wound up on Troja Major?

Also Grimlock. His chest is unopenable but it’s not?

And I’m sorry but I’m gonna say it again. That opening was just a let down. It did nothing that couldn’t have been said in one sentence of Scorponoks explanation near the end. “Flame and I left with a shockwave when he left Garrus-9 and later we came back and picked up Grimlock.”

It was just a let down and I’m sorry if people wanted to see it and enjoyed it but it didn’t do anything. And yes people will say “it showed how Scorponok got off Garrus-9” we already knew that shockwave took him with. While not confirmed, it was always something that was just put together by people. It wasn’t really a mystery.
Last edited by Randomhero on Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Randomhero
Godmaster
Posts: 1809
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light Ongoing Discussion Thread

Postby ScottyP » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:19 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
There's so much to enjoy in this one I don't know where to start. It's a very rewarding experience as an old-timer with this 12+ year continuity.

I have actual work at hand and should come back later when more have had a chance to read it, but that said, to start with: I took Scorponok's lines about Aequitas to imply that there is/was much more under there than just the Magnificence, does that sound right or is it wishful thinking?
SW's SilverHammer wrote:I-I trusted you Scotty! Now Scottie Pippen is my favorite Scotty :sad:


Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast.
Looking for Micromaster Spinner, rare Minicons and Star Saber's Rifle. PM me if you have these for sale!
User avatar
ScottyP
Faction Commander
Posts: 4302
News Credits: 317
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 3:42 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light Ongoing Discussion Thread

Postby Randomhero » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:22 am

ScottyP wrote:There's so much to enjoy in this one I don't know where to start. It's a very rewarding experience as an old-timer with this 12+ year continuity.

I have actual work at hand and should come back later when more have had a chance to read it, but that said, to start with: I took Scorponok's lines about Aequitas to imply that there is/was much more under there than just the Magnificence, does that sound right or is it wishful thinking?



Because that’s actually a continuity error. When first revealed something was underneath Aquitus overlord said aquitus was built to hide something and it was built way before the Autobot a took possession of the Magnificance.

There’s a a lot of continuity errors in this issue.
Randomhero
Godmaster
Posts: 1809
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light Ongoing Discussion Thread

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:31 am

I'm calling it now, Grimlock didn't dismember the rest of the scavengers, Spinster did, in a way that keeps them all alive and easily repairable for an escape attempt.

Why else would they focus on him being a surgeon?
TF-fan kev777
Pretender
Posts: 703
News Credits: 4
Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 5:48 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Rank: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light Ongoing Discussion Thread

Postby ScottyP » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:39 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
Randomhero wrote:
ScottyP wrote:There's so much to enjoy in this one I don't know where to start. It's a very rewarding experience as an old-timer with this 12+ year continuity.

I have actual work at hand and should come back later when more have had a chance to read it, but that said, to start with: I took Scorponok's lines about Aequitas to imply that there is/was much more under there than just the Magnificence, does that sound right or is it wishful thinking?



Because that’s actually a continuity error. When first revealed something was underneath Aquitus overlord said aquitus was built to hide something and it was built way before the Autobot a took possession of the Magnificance.

There’s a a lot of continuity errors in this issue.
I know the wiki guys posit that it's a continuity error but I don't think the dialogue is unambiguous enough to make that a certainty.
SW's SilverHammer wrote:I-I trusted you Scotty! Now Scottie Pippen is my favorite Scotty :sad:


Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast.
Looking for Micromaster Spinner, rare Minicons and Star Saber's Rifle. PM me if you have these for sale!
User avatar
ScottyP
Faction Commander
Posts: 4302
News Credits: 317
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 3:42 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light Ongoing Discussion Thread

Postby ScottyP » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:41 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
TF-fan kev777 wrote:I'm calling it now, Grimlock didn't dismember the rest of the scavengers, Spinster did, in a way that keeps them all alive and easily repairable for an escape attempt.

Why else would they focus on him being a surgeon?
Ooh, I like this idea. Why else would there be such a time gap between events like there is? Although with Spinister losing an arm that makes this a little less likely - but I still like the thought!
SW's SilverHammer wrote:I-I trusted you Scotty! Now Scottie Pippen is my favorite Scotty :sad:


Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast.
Looking for Micromaster Spinner, rare Minicons and Star Saber's Rifle. PM me if you have these for sale!
User avatar
ScottyP
Faction Commander
Posts: 4302
News Credits: 317
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 3:42 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light Ongoing Discussion Thread

Postby Randomhero » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:02 am

ScottyP wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
ScottyP wrote:There's so much to enjoy in this one I don't know where to start. It's a very rewarding experience as an old-timer with this 12+ year continuity.

I have actual work at hand and should come back later when more have had a chance to read it, but that said, to start with: I took Scorponok's lines about Aequitas to imply that there is/was much more under there than just the Magnificence, does that sound right or is it wishful thinking?



Because that’s actually a continuity error. When first revealed something was underneath Aquitus overlord said aquitus was built to hide something and it was built way before the Autobot a took possession of the Magnificance.

There’s a a lot of continuity errors in this issue.
I know the wiki guys posit that it's a continuity error but I don't think the dialogue is unambiguous enough to make that a certainty.



It’s pretty certain. Overlord states 6 years ago it was built to hide something and here it’s the Magnificance. Something that wasn’t in Autobot possession at the time of aquitus.

There’s nothing unambiguous about it. I’m sure James has already been asked about it and yet another fix for the trade like usual.
Randomhero
Godmaster
Posts: 1809
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light Ongoing Discussion Thread

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:11 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Randomhero wrote:I still don’t understand the Magnificance. So Scorponok had it? Then he lost it and it wound up on Troja Major?

Also Grimlock. His chest is unopenable but it’s not?

And I’m sorry but I’m gonna day it again. That opening was just a let down. It did nothing that couldn’t have been said in one sentence of Scorponoks explanation near the end. “Flame and I left with a shockwave when he left Garrus-9 and later we came back and picked up Grimlock.”

It was just a let down and I’m sorry if people wanted to see it and enjoyed it but it didn’t do anything. And yes people will say “it showed how Scorponok got off Garrus-9” we already knew that shockwave took him with. While not confirmed, it was always something that was just put together by people. It wasn’t really a mystery.

Sorry to be a bugbear but if it was enjoyed then it did do something. Comics are meant to be entertainment, they tell a tale that is all, if we find that enjoyment then they have done their purpose. As a writer I would be overjoyed if even just one person liked my work, the silver lining on a cloud of disappointment.
ZeroWolf
Faction Commander
Posts: 4478
News Credits: 3
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:58 am
Location: North East UK

Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light Ongoing Discussion Thread

Postby Randomhero » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:30 am

ZeroWolf wrote:
Randomhero wrote:I still don’t understand the Magnificance. So Scorponok had it? Then he lost it and it wound up on Troja Major?

Also Grimlock. His chest is unopenable but it’s not?

And I’m sorry but I’m gonna day it again. That opening was just a let down. It did nothing that couldn’t have been said in one sentence of Scorponoks explanation near the end. “Flame and I left with a shockwave when he left Garrus-9 and later we came back and picked up Grimlock.”

It was just a let down and I’m sorry if people wanted to see it and enjoyed it but it didn’t do anything. And yes people will say “it showed how Scorponok got off Garrus-9” we already knew that shockwave took him with. While not confirmed, it was always something that was just put together by people. It wasn’t really a mystery.

Sorry to be a bugbear but if it was enjoyed then it did do something. Comics are meant to be entertainment, they tell a tale that is all, if we find that enjoyment then they have done their purpose. As a writer I would be overjoyed if even just one person liked my work, the silver lining on a cloud of disappointment.



And that’s why participant ribbons are no a thing.

“Don’t look at the bad only look at the good! Everyone is a winner!”

Doesn’t mean you have to ignore the problems. Seeing them and pointing them out gives the opportunity to learn and grow
Last edited by Randomhero on Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Randomhero
Godmaster
Posts: 1809
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light Ongoing Discussion Thread

Postby D-Maximus_Prime » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:42 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
I enjoyed the issue too, all the Scorponok stuff coming together is making me happy and re-reading older stories has been fun to do.

So the Warren is brought up here again, and I can't help but wonder if Getaway actually used the Warren to find Scorponok's base of operations instead of Cyberutopia, and that is how the Lost Light itself will come to meet the scorponok and Scavengers threads.

So the magnificance game to G9 after Aequitus was created and left dormant, but what if there was actually a vault underneath that was built before it, and the magnificance was just hid there temporarily, and other stuff might be in there too that pre-dated the magnificance being there.

The magnificance being a part of a knight of Cybertron was an interesting concept, and it's further tying together the decepticon part of the story with the other parts. The choice of the characters involved with this story 10 years in the making or something like that is awesome.

And I say again, there is no coincidence that Rodimus is once more involved with the magnificance. I'm thinking the magnificance will somehow link to Rodimus and bring him and the displaced crew back to the main story to find Scorponok with Grimlock and the Scavengers with the Lost Light crew having been brought there as well, linking all the story parts up.
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
Follow the Rewind to... the D-Max Den
Image
User avatar
D-Maximus_Prime
News Staff
Posts: 12045
News Credits: 267
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximus_Prime on eBay
Alt Mode: Sleek Blade-Like Sports Car
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light Ongoing Discussion Thread

Postby ArmadaPrime » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:51 am

Weapon: Requiem Blaster
ScottyP wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:I'm calling it now, Grimlock didn't dismember the rest of the scavengers, Spinster did, in a way that keeps them all alive and easily repairable for an escape attempt.

Why else would they focus on him being a surgeon?
Ooh, I like this idea. Why else would there be such a time gap between events like there is? Although with Spinister losing an arm that makes this a little less likely - but I still like the thought!

A (slightly) different angle: Spinster is specifically a neurosurgeon, right? Or at least, a surgeon with enough knowledge of neurosurgery to reverse the Luna 1 animals. The magnificence chamber in Grim is not only matrix-core shaped, but also brain module shaped, if a little oversized. It's implied that it linked somehow to his brain,
and it's absence is what caused him to go non-communicative.
Yet suddenly, he's found his voice again. Perhaps some kind of merged scavenger brain in his chest cavity? Weirder things have happened, and most of the scavengers did have their heads detached in the last panel...
Certified Expert™ in reading wikis to pretend I know more about things than I actually do
User avatar
ArmadaPrime
Brainmaster
Posts: 1403
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:41 am
Location: Berkshire | Birmingham

Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light Ongoing Discussion Thread

Postby Va'al » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:23 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Randomhero wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
Randomhero wrote:I still don’t understand the Magnificance. So Scorponok had it? Then he lost it and it wound up on Troja Major?

Also Grimlock. His chest is unopenable but it’s not?

And I’m sorry but I’m gonna day it again. That opening was just a let down. It did nothing that couldn’t have been said in one sentence of Scorponoks explanation near the end. “Flame and I left with a shockwave when he left Garrus-9 and later we came back and picked up Grimlock.”

It was just a let down and I’m sorry if people wanted to see it and enjoyed it but it didn’t do anything. And yes people will say “it showed how Scorponok got off Garrus-9” we already knew that shockwave took him with. While not confirmed, it was always something that was just put together by people. It wasn’t really a mystery.

Sorry to be a bugbear but if it was enjoyed then it did do something. Comics are meant to be entertainment, they tell a tale that is all, if we find that enjoyment then they have done their purpose. As a writer I would be overjoyed if even just one person liked my work, the silver lining on a cloud of disappointment.



And that’s why participant ribbons are no a thing.

“Don’t look at the bad only look at the good! Everyone is a winner!”

Doesn’t mean you have to ignore the problems. Seeing them and pointing them out gives the opportunity to learn and grow


No one is ignoring the bad.
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image
Walk with me into.. The Va'ault.
User avatar
Va'al
News Admin
Posts: 16130
News Credits: 194
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: Italy/Japan
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light Ongoing Discussion Thread

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:27 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Randomhero wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
Randomhero wrote:I still don’t understand the Magnificance. So Scorponok had it? Then he lost it and it wound up on Troja Major?

Also Grimlock. His chest is unopenable but it’s not?

And I’m sorry but I’m gonna day it again. That opening was just a let down. It did nothing that couldn’t have been said in one sentence of Scorponoks explanation near the end. “Flame and I left with a shockwave when he left Garrus-9 and later we came back and picked up Grimlock.”

It was just a let down and I’m sorry if people wanted to see it and enjoyed it but it didn’t do anything. And yes people will say “it showed how Scorponok got off Garrus-9” we already knew that shockwave took him with. While not confirmed, it was always something that was just put together by people. It wasn’t really a mystery.

Sorry to be a bugbear but if it was enjoyed then it did do something. Comics are meant to be entertainment, they tell a tale that is all, if we find that enjoyment then they have done their purpose. As a writer I would be overjoyed if even just one person liked my work, the silver lining on a cloud of disappointment.



And that’s why participant ribbons are no a thing.

“Don’t look at the bad only look at the good! Everyone is a winner!”

Doesn’t mean you have to ignore the problems. Seeing them and pointing them out gives the opportunity to learn and grow

But I'm not seeing a problem and other people aren't either. Sounds like you just want Roberts to change to suit what you want. This is why I said what I did about opinions not being facts. The bits you have problems with are just your take on them.
ZeroWolf
Faction Commander
Posts: 4478
News Credits: 3
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:58 am
Location: North East UK

Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light Ongoing Discussion Thread

Postby Ironhidensh » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:44 pm

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
Randomhero wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
Randomhero wrote:I still don’t understand the Magnificance. So Scorponok had it? Then he lost it and it wound up on Troja Major?

Also Grimlock. His chest is unopenable but it’s not?

And I’m sorry but I’m gonna day it again. That opening was just a let down. It did nothing that couldn’t have been said in one sentence of Scorponoks explanation near the end. “Flame and I left with a shockwave when he left Garrus-9 and later we came back and picked up Grimlock.”

It was just a let down and I’m sorry if people wanted to see it and enjoyed it but it didn’t do anything. And yes people will say “it showed how Scorponok got off Garrus-9” we already knew that shockwave took him with. While not confirmed, it was always something that was just put together by people. It wasn’t really a mystery.

Sorry to be a bugbear but if it was enjoyed then it did do something. Comics are meant to be entertainment, they tell a tale that is all, if we find that enjoyment then they have done their purpose. As a writer I would be overjoyed if even just one person liked my work, the silver lining on a cloud of disappointment.



And that’s why participant ribbons are no a thing.

“Don’t look at the bad only look at the good! Everyone is a winner!”

Doesn’t mean you have to ignore the problems. Seeing them and pointing them out gives the opportunity to learn and grow

See though, you aren't pointing out problems, you are actively going after people who enjoyed the issue because how dare they!

The whole point Va'al has been making is that it's fine to be critical about the work, or even the artist. It is NOT okay to be critical about somebody enjoying that which you don't.

Random hero, that is what you are doing. It may not be your intention, but that is how you come across: mad because somebody had the sheer nerve to enjoy something you didn't. Be critical all you want, but stop attacking other for enjoying it. Goddamn.


On topic .......


This was another fun issue. It felt like old times to me. The scavengers are that group of friends you can always meet for drinks, no matter how long it's been.

I just finished up a massive re-read of the IDW series, and I gotta say, when read straight through, most of my previous issues disappear.
Photobucket can die now.

Image

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
User avatar
Ironhidensh
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9905
News Credits: 12
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 9:14 pm
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light Ongoing Discussion Thread

Postby ricemazter » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:59 am

Motto: "Search and Attack,
Attack and Destroy,
Destroy and Rejoice!"
Weapon: Ionic Displacer Rifle
I found this issue to just be okay. It mostly felt like a whole lot of exposition with some bright spots that could've used more coverage.

I haven't really been interested in Nickel, but the idea that there's still this disconnect between her and other Decepticons is really cool and puts her change of heart at the end of DotL into perspective. She doesn't regret that she aided and abetted in the butchering of perhaps thousands of her fellow cons; that was for the cause. She just regrets that Tarn treated "innocent" cons as expendable. That's a neat idea I wish wasn't shut down immediately.

It was also nice to hang out with the scavengers again, but unfortunate that this was an "explain the plot" issue. This cast really works better within self contained stories.
ricemazter
Fuzor
Posts: 202
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:19 pm
Watch ricemazter on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Rank: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light Ongoing Discussion Thread

Postby Va'al » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:12 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
ricemazter wrote:I found this issue to just be okay. It mostly felt like a whole lot of exposition with some bright spots that could've used more coverage.

I haven't really been interested in Nickel, but the idea that there's still this disconnect between her and other Decepticons is really cool and puts her change of heart at the end of DotL into perspective. She doesn't regret that she aided and abetted in the butchering of perhaps thousands of her fellow cons; that was for the cause. She just regrets that Tarn treated "innocent" cons as expendable. That's a neat idea I wish wasn't shut down immediately.

It was also nice to hang out with the scavengers again, but unfortunate that this was an "explain the plot" issue. This cast really works better within self contained stories.


I almost agree with this, but to me the work done with Nickel and the Scavengers cast elevated the okayness to good. Plus, I'm actually happy about having the Scavengers join the wider universe in such a 'significant' way - not like they were entirely separated from it so far, but having them almost central to the wider plot is ..refreshing? Not the right word, but almost. :D
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image
Walk with me into.. The Va'ault.
User avatar
Va'al
News Admin
Posts: 16130
News Credits: 194
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: Italy/Japan
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light Ongoing Discussion Thread

Postby Burn » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:46 am

I just ... I had this big long post typed out in regards to this latest issue, but it's the same thing I've been saying again and again, I'm over IDW expecting me to remember something that happened five or so years ago.

This issue had potential otherwise. And hey, it's definitely better than Transformers vs Magic Flehsbags.
Image
I'll be ignoring Burn's comments from now on
he's just being an @$$hol€!
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 45385
News Credits: 120
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light Ongoing Discussion Thread

Postby Genericon #378 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:46 am

Motto: "Alpha Bravo."
Weapon: Twin Concentrated Vaporators
Yeah, I'm not buying the whole 'death' of the Scavengers for a second. Worse things have happened to other characters, and they're fine. Red Alert took his own head off when he tried to kill himself. Hell, Rung's entire head exploded and he's alive. Getaway's been reduced to a torso with no voice before. The point is, killing them now is wasted potential.
Genericon #378
Minibot
Posts: 142
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:11 pm
Alt Mode: Rated X
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 9
Endurance: 2
Rank: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 4
Skill: 10

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Mega 1-Step Turbo Changer Dragonstorm" on AMAZON
You save: 52%
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Protectobot Groove Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 46%
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 40%
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Voyager Class Megatron" on AMAZON
You save: 31%
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Voice Changer Helmet" on AMAZON
You save: 31%
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations combiner wars deluxe protectobot groove" on AMAZON
You save: 20%
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #193 - Eulogy
Twincast / Podcast #193:
"Eulogy"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, January 29th, 2018
Transformers products from EBAY

Items Ending Soon