Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

Postby carytheone » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:26 pm

Motto: "shelf space may be fleeting, but plastic is forever"
Weapon: No Weapon
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
carytheone wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Z3ROhour wrote:IS IT OVER!?
I tried looking at the items
but everything was WAY MORE!

i missed it, huh?
:-x
Sometimes you just gotta be fast and lucky when the news hits
Hell I've found you gotta be faster than when the news hits to get them deals.
This is also true. Sometimes you just get lucky
C'est la vie.
• but that's just my opinion •
Image
•    Collection & Photos     •
User avatar
carytheone
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8080
News Credits: 124
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:38 pm
Location: retool shed
Alt Mode: Ctrl-Shift-Esc
Intelligence: N/A

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

Postby Ironhidensh » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:18 pm

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
Well, I just got Megatron for $229 shipped.
Photobucket can die now.

Image

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
User avatar
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
Posts: 4265
News Credits: 22
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 9:14 pm
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:21 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Ironhidensh wrote:Well, I just got Megatron for $229 shipped.

Hey welcome to the club! I have him on pre-order for around $221. Went to review my Amazon account there, and was stunned to see it has been more than 6 months since I placed his pre-order. That's nuts.

Hopefully he impresses you more than Dinobot did
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
News Admin
Posts: 15090
News Credits: 1299
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

Postby Emerje » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:21 pm

Motto: "*Shrug*"
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Grumble, grumble. Didn't expect them to use DHL for shipping, they're the worst! I live on a private road and they hate delivering to my house in the winter because the road has a little snow on it. My Unicron wasn't due until Thursday, but apparently they tried dropping it off Tuesday, but couldn't be bothered to actually come to my house so they wrote that I wasn't home at 5pm (I was) and that they left a door tag (they didn't). Then it updated Wednesday saying it was out for deliver, but as of right now it still says it's on the truck, as well as my MPM-7 Bumblebee, they didn't even try to deliver them. And yet UPS dropped off a package today no problem. Worst part is DHL travels up to Maine out of Boston so it isn't like I can just go to a local center to pick it up like I can UPS or USPS. Going to be quite angry if they send them back to Japan just because they're too lazy to come to my door.

Emerje
User avatar
Emerje
News Staff
Posts: 4760
News Credits: 95
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:15 am
Location: Maine
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:36 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Emerje wrote:Grumble, grumble. Didn't expect them to use DHL for shipping, they're the worst! I live on a private road and they hate delivering to my house in the winter because the road has a little snow on it. My Unicron wasn't due until Thursday, but apparently they tried dropping it off Tuesday, but couldn't be bothered to actually come to my house so they wrote that I wasn't home at 5pm (I was) and that they left a door tag (they didn't). Then it updated Wednesday saying it was out for deliver, but as of right now it still says it's on the truck, as well as my MPM-7 Bumblebee, they didn't even try to deliver them. And yet UPS dropped off a package today no problem. Worst part is DHL travels up to Maine out of Boston so it isn't like I can just go to a local center to pick it up like I can UPS or USPS. Going to be quite angry if they send them back to Japan just because they're too lazy to come to my door.

Emerje


That really sucks since Amazon Japan doesn't give you a choice. For those of you who missed out, I highly recommend installing the Amazon app on your phones and becoming familiar with switching between Amazon US and Amazon Japan.
Image
User avatar
chuckdawg1999
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5626
News Credits: 188
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 3:51 pm
Location: New York
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:34 am

Motto: "CAN YOU SEE ME NOW, FATHER?"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Emerje wrote:Grumble, grumble. Didn't expect them to use DHL for shipping, they're the worst! I live on a private road and they hate delivering to my house in the winter because the road has a little snow on it. My Unicron wasn't due until Thursday, but apparently they tried dropping it off Tuesday, but couldn't be bothered to actually come to my house so they wrote that I wasn't home at 5pm (I was) and that they left a door tag (they didn't). Then it updated Wednesday saying it was out for deliver, but as of right now it still says it's on the truck, as well as my MPM-7 Bumblebee, they didn't even try to deliver them. And yet UPS dropped off a package today no problem. Worst part is DHL travels up to Maine out of Boston so it isn't like I can just go to a local center to pick it up like I can UPS or USPS. Going to be quite angry if they send them back to Japan just because they're too lazy to come to my door.

Emerje


That really sucks since Amazon Japan doesn't give you a choice. For those of you who missed out, I highly recommend installing the Amazon app on your phones and becoming familiar with switching between Amazon US and Amazon Japan.

Man, the same thing happened to me right before Valentines Day when I bought MPM-3 for myself. It was due on a Friday, they said they attempted delivery but couldn’t (they didn’t say why they couldn’t) and the next delivery wouldn’t be until Tuesday because of the Monday holiday. At the time, I assumed my dog must’ve been outside, but I was home when they claimed delivery was attempted and I swear he wasn’t. I mean sure, he’s a German Shepherd/Rottweiler/Mutt and big, but he’s a rescue, super skinny, and is the sweetest, most polite dog in the entire damn world, and I promise you I’m not exaggerating. But that’s happened so many times with DHL, I’m tempted to write them a strongly worded review just to show them how frosted I am. [-(
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Eat my ass funpub.

Burn wrote:And this is for taking Nemesis Maximo seriously.
*high fives Silly in the face*

carytheone wrote:I can't be assed to do any better right now.
User avatar
Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt
Posts: 2480
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:59 pm
Location: Northern Lower Michigan
Alt Mode: Lounge Lizard
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Rank: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 7

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

Postby Ironhidensh » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:34 am

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:Well, I just got Megatron for $229 shipped.

Hey welcome to the club! I have him on pre-order for around $221. Went to review my Amazon account there, and was stunned to see it has been more than 6 months since I placed his pre-order. That's nuts.

Hopefully he impresses you more than Dinobot did

I'll be honest, I just plan to await a month or two, then sell it on eBay for a tidy profit. :oops:
Photobucket can die now.

Image

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
User avatar
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
Posts: 4265
News Credits: 22
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 9:14 pm
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

Postby primalxconvoy » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:32 pm

Motto: "私はルールに違反している"
"Sometimes patients is rewarded."


I think you meant to write "Sometimes, PATIENCE is rewarded"?

Anyway, the fairly cheap Unicron is great (I noticed that the other day). By comparison, check out the disgusting prices the scalpers are selling Blue Big Convoy for at Amazon Japan...
Image
User avatar
primalxconvoy
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 949
News Credits: 11
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:00 pm
Location: 日本

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:58 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Image
Image
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
News Admin
Posts: 15090
News Credits: 1299
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

Postby carytheone » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:07 pm

Motto: "shelf space may be fleeting, but plastic is forever"
Weapon: No Weapon
Intergalactic planetary!
• but that's just my opinion •
Image
•    Collection & Photos     •
User avatar
carytheone
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8080
News Credits: 124
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:38 pm
Location: retool shed
Alt Mode: Ctrl-Shift-Esc
Intelligence: N/A

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:06 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
i've gotta say, I am super impressed and satisfied with amazon Japan!
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
News Admin
Posts: 15090
News Credits: 1299
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

Postby carytheone » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:27 am

Motto: "shelf space may be fleeting, but plastic is forever"
Weapon: No Weapon
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:i've gotta say, I am super impressed and satisfied with amazon Japan!
Is this your first round? Can we call them Japamazon?
• but that's just my opinion •
Image
•    Collection & Photos     •
User avatar
carytheone
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8080
News Credits: 124
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:38 pm
Location: retool shed
Alt Mode: Ctrl-Shift-Esc
Intelligence: N/A

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:06 am

D-Maximal_Primal wrote:i've gotta say, I am super impressed and satisfied with amazon Japan!


Me too. Shipped from Japan to the Chicago area in 2 days for less than $12? :michaelbay:
TF-fan kev777
Headmaster
Posts: 1212
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 5:48 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Rank: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:01 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
carytheone wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:i've gotta say, I am super impressed and satisfied with amazon Japan!
Is this your first round? Can we call them Japamazon?

First time yet, I may reconsider some import options after the satisfaction this experience gave me. Maybe future MPs will see some pre-orders through them instead
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
News Admin
Posts: 15090
News Credits: 1299
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

Postby Beachjezus » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:01 pm

Hey guys - not sure if anybody is still looking at this thread. They just did another sale and I just picked up Masterpiece + Wheeljack for $57. Hopefully this helps somebody out!
Beachjezus
Mini-Con
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:14 pm

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

Postby SGMLordMirage » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:23 pm

Motto: "In my book: Treat as hostile here and now, apologize later!"
Weapon: Air-To-Ground Missiles
This isnt really anything new, but wanted to share on this forum. I posted this under the State Sightings for Virginaia, got lucky and found the Bumblebee Evolution 3 pack in a TJ Maxx for $19.99. Unfortunately it was the only one there.
Attachments
489FC88E-9DAB-48CB-A42A-817471998FB9.jpeg
08380E5D-F34F-4CBC-AB2E-776A3BF412F1.jpeg
User avatar
SGMLordMirage
Minibot
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:31 pm
Location: Ft. Lee, VA
Buy from SGMLordMirage on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 6

Steal of a Deal - Entertainment Earth with Rodimus Unicronus, Cyberverse Warriors, Bumblebee Retro P

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:26 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Thanks to a heads up from Seibertronian Emotim, we have word that there are some pretty good deals going on right now over at Entertainment Earth! While there aren't many deals, there are a few that you might take interest in.

The first potential deal would be Cyberverse wave 2 Warriors. Entertainment Earth currently has the whole case for Wave 2 available at $87.99, 20% off their retail price. The case includes 3 Optimus Primes, 2 Megatrons, 2 Windblades, and 1 Acid Storm. This figures would normally retail around $15 a piece, or $120 for the whole case.

Up next, we have the Power of the Primes Rodimus Unicronus, which has been dropped from $44.99 to $26.99, a 40% savings on the figure. This guy was the black and purple repaint of the Power of the Primes Rodimus Prime figure from 2018.

And lastly, we have the Studio Series Retro Pop Volume 2, which is the 2nd golden repaint of a Studio Series Bumblebee figure, in this case the VW Bug one, that comes with some Dinocassettes. The figure is marked at $42.99, a 28% savings from its $59.99 price point.

Check out the deals below, and let us know if you pick one of these up over in our Toy Haul Thread!

Image
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
News Admin
Posts: 15090
News Credits: 1299
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

Postby DecepticonFinishline » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:18 pm

Motto: "Can you change the radio to KZUM, please?"
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Bee is already back to full price.

I'm never gonna be able stupid f***ing repaint.
THINGS I WILL NEVER "GET OVER":
- Misassembly of TFCC Bludgeon, G2 Onslaught and Pyra Magna
- Siege Chromia's lack of combiner port
User avatar
DecepticonFinishline
Targetmaster
Posts: 659
News Credits: 7
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:49 pm
Alt Mode: Taxi cab
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 2
Rank: 1
Courage: 4
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: Steal of a Deal - Entertainment Earth with Rodimus Unicronus, Cyberverse Warriors, Bumblebee Retro P

Postby Z3ROhour » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:43 am

Motto: ""I WILL CUDDLE YOUR SOUL!!""
Weapon: Three-Bladed Knife
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Thanks to a heads up from Seibertronian Emotim, we have word that there are some pretty good deals going on right now over at Entertainment Earth! While there aren't many deals, there are a few that you might take interest in.

The first potential deal would be Cyberverse wave 2 Warriors. Entertainment Earth currently has the whole case for Wave 2 available at $87.99, 20% off their retail price. The case includes 3 Optimus Primes, 2 Megatrons, 2 Windblades, and 1 Acid Storm. This figures would normally retail around $15 a piece, or $120 for the whole case.

Up next, we have the Power of the Primes Rodimus Unicronus, which has been dropped from $44.99 to $26.99, a 40% savings on the figure. This guy was the black and purple repaint of the Power of the Primes Rodimus Prime figure from 2018.

And lastly, we have the Studio Series Retro Pop Volume 2, which is the 2nd golden repaint of a Studio Series Bumblebee figure, in this case the VW Bug one, that comes with some Dinocassettes. The figure is marked at $42.99, a 28% savings from its $59.99 price point.

Check out the deals below, and let us know if you pick one of these up over in our Toy Haul Thread!

Image

was it a 24 hour thing?
zodconvoy wrote:
"DOES HE NOT HAVE FEET TO STOMP?!?!? NOR TEETH TO GNASH!?!?
A DINOBOT IS NEVER WITHOUT HIS WEAPONS!"
Image
Latest FIGS (03/18-05/19): UT TROLL! Legends WINGSPAN/POUNCE! TR TRYPTICON! SS BONECRUSHER, SHATTER, SCRAPMETAL! SIEGE IRONHIDE, Pteraxadon, Spy Patrol, CHROMIA, PROWL, SIX-GUN, STARSCREAM, SOUNDWAVE & MAGNUS! MMC ARCEE & LOCKDOWN! MAKETOYS BOMBER & HOVER! TFP SKYQUAKE & SXS A-06! DR. WU DW-M08! FansProject Down Force!
User avatar
Z3ROhour
Gestalt
Posts: 2741
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:55 pm
Location: right behind you...
Buy from Z3ROhour on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal WereBat to Starfighter Triplechanger
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 1
Endurance: 5
Rank: N/A
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: Infinity

Re: Steal of a Deal - Entertainment Earth with Rodimus Unicronus, Cyberverse Warriors, Bumblebee Retro P

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:01 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Z3ROhour wrote:was it a 24 hour thing?

Yep, looks like it was a flash one day sale
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
News Admin
Posts: 15090
News Credits: 1299
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Studio Series Bumblebee 24/25 Target Clearance

Postby CobraLaLaLaLaLa » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:31 pm

Target has these marked down under 30 bucks
Attachments
239104FE-7381-4D0B-9D94-3D97B6D7129F.jpeg
CobraLaLaLaLaLa
Mini-Con
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:28 pm

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

Postby !dafunkjazz! » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:09 pm

I recently spotted Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon at my local Ross Dress for Less for just $49.99!
!dafunkjazz!
Mini-Con
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:53 pm

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

Postby Agamemnon » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:43 am

Motto: ""I'd be the President of the procrastinator's club if I ever got around to submitting my application.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Quick PSA for those affected (including me). I received this from BBTS:

BBTS wrote:Last June the Supreme Court ruled that states can charge sales tax on internet purchases. Many states already have laws in effect or laws that will be going into effect soon. We anticipate most states will have sales tax laws in place by the end of the year. States write their own tax laws so each state can be different, but we expect the majority of internet retailers will have to collect sales tax in most states. We are required to abide by these laws.

On April 1st, we will begin charging sales tax in the following states:

California
Colorado
Minnesota

All shipments going to these states will be subject to sales tax. You are receiving this notice because you currently have open pre-orders and/or items in your Pile of Loot that will be affected based on the Preferred Address in your account. You will be charged tax on: pre-orders that arrive and are processed, any items in your Pile of Loot that are released for shipment, and all new orders.

Thank you for your continued support and business.
william-james88 wrote:Also be weary of hope in this hobby. Hope is just undiscovered disappointment.
My nephew wrote:Bacon is meat candy.
Agamemnon, barebacked rider of flying robo-dragon, and not often constipated either...
(I answer to Ag or Ags. Agamemnon is too long to type. Plus, there is something elemental about calling me Ag. :-D )
User avatar
Agamemnon
Faction Commander
Posts: 4966
News Credits: 10
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:41 am
Location: North Side, Twin Cities
Alt Mode: A donut. Mmmmm...donut
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 2
Endurance: 6
Rank: 2
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 8

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

Postby Cobotron » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:51 am

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
Agamemnon wrote:Quick PSA for those affected (including me). I received this from BBTS:

BBTS wrote:Last June the Supreme Court ruled that states can charge sales tax on internet purchases. Many states already have laws in effect or laws that will be going into effect soon. We anticipate most states will have sales tax laws in place by the end of the year. States write their own tax laws so each state can be different, but we expect the majority of internet retailers will have to collect sales tax in most states. We are required to abide by these laws.

On April 1st, we will begin charging sales tax in the following states:

California
Colorado
Minnesota

All shipments going to these states will be subject to sales tax. You are receiving this notice because you currently have open pre-orders and/or items in your Pile of Loot that will be affected based on the Preferred Address in your account. You will be charged tax on: pre-orders that arrive and are processed, any items in your Pile of Loot that are released for shipment, and all new orders.

Thank you for your continued support and business.
I got this from them back in January, as Nebraska was one of the first 3 states to jump on writing their law.

Just FYI, on P.o.L. orders they don't charge you tax until you/they ship, so anticipate two charges. One at time of purchase for item/items without tax, and another at shipment with tax on the order plus the shipping cost.

The funny thing is, I've ordered several things from Amazon, TFs and not. Some have charged tax and some haven't. Hope that doesn't bite me in the butt somehow down the road.
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Image
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
User avatar
Cobotron
Site Moderator
Posts: 9683
News Credits: 36
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:53 am
Location: High Plains Drifter
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Re: Steal of a Deal: Sales and Discounts at Online Retail and Brick-and-Mortar Stores

Postby william-james88 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:39 am

How dos the US tax law work on books? In Canada, they are a major exception to everything. Only federal tax can be charged for books, not provincial/state.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Admin
Posts: 24333
News Credits: 2353
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Beast Hunters Legion Class Smokescreen Stealth Fighter Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Voyager Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Sovereign and Alpha Trion" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #221 - Appliance Wars
Twincast / Podcast #221:
"Appliance Wars"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, April 14th, 2019

New Items on eBay

Buy "Takara Tomy Transformersc-D04 Hellwarp Trans Formers Cloud" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO X 3ATOYS Movie Bumblebee Transformers Blitzwing Action Figure HP" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Quake and Chasm" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro TRANSFORMERS - TITANS RETURN - SCOURGE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Thrilling 30 Legends Bumblebee and Blazemaster" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return SHUFFLER NEW SEALED Autobot Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG56 Perceptor Robot Figure Toy New Japan new." on EBAY