Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Discussion Thread

Postby Lore Keeper » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:00 am

The art of Armada Megatron looks a lot better than the actual figure. The tiny head just kills it for me. You gotta emphasise those glorious horns!
User avatar
Lore Keeper
Minibot
Posts: 147
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:23 pm

Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Discussion Thread

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:32 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Huh, the Combiners' sketches contain a few things that are interesting to note:

- Sky Reign aka Lynx King already has Smokescreen instead of Ratchet at this stage. Either Smokescreen is not a "replacement member", or including Ratchet was a TakaraTomy idea.
- Blackjack seems to be missing his shield/axe.
- Mismatched HFG's on both giants, and Menasor has his limbs in a different configuration.
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD 2001 Dreadwind & Smokejumper
3) RiD 2001 Destructicons Bludgeon & Scourge
4) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

If anyone has spare RiD Mini-Con armor pieces for Glacius and Beastbox, hit me up!

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 19859
News Credits: 24
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: McKinney, Texas, USA; Delft, the Netherlands
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:54 pm

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:- Sky Reign aka Lynx King already has Smokescreen instead of Ratchet at this stage. Either Smokescreen is not a "replacement member", or including Ratchet was a TakaraTomy idea.
I thought the latter was a given when we first learned that Fun Pub did Ratchet for BotCon 2016 because Hasbro told them to release Ratchet for that con since Hasbro themselves weren't going to release the Ratchet tooling otherwise.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 29257
News Credits: 232
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Discussion Thread

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:04 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Sabrblade wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:- Sky Reign aka Lynx King already has Smokescreen instead of Ratchet at this stage. Either Smokescreen is not a "replacement member", or including Ratchet was a TakaraTomy idea.
I thought the latter was a given when we first learned that Fun Pub did Ratchet for BotCon 2016 because Hasbro told them to release Ratchet for that con since Hasbro themselves weren't going to release the Ratchet tooling otherwise.


Doesn't mean they were at least considering it, given it was already built-in.
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD 2001 Dreadwind & Smokejumper
3) RiD 2001 Destructicons Bludgeon & Scourge
4) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

If anyone has spare RiD Mini-Con armor pieces for Glacius and Beastbox, hit me up!

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 19859
News Credits: 24
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: McKinney, Texas, USA; Delft, the Netherlands
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Discussion Thread

Postby Alpha Dominus » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:52 pm

Motto: ""Strength through adversity.""
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Oh how it warms my heart to still see line art used to produce finished artwork for modern-day toy packaging. I'd seriously buy a book of this stuff. :x :x
User avatar
Alpha Dominus
Fuzor
Posts: 200
News Credits: 1
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:34 pm
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Endurance: 10
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

More Transformers Combiner Wars Packaging Art by Ken Christiansen & Marcelo Matere

Postby Va'al » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:39 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
We have some more art updates for those of you interested in what type of work goes into toy packaging, and this time we're combining (heh) posts on Facebook from two artists: Marcelo Matere and Ken Christiansen! Now that both have received permission from Hasbro to show the lineart, there's pretty much a steady stream of Transformers Combiner Wars designs coming through on their feeds - and the latest are below.

From Matere, we have Computron, G2 Superion (with an added Cybertron behind him), and the poster that came with Menasor and the Stunticons G2 box set. From Christiansen, on the other hand, we have Technobot leader Scattershot, plus Decepticon Cyclonus and the CW creation of Battle Core Optimus Prime (who is totally not an inner Magnus). Check them all out!

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image
Walk with me into.. The Va'ault.
User avatar
Va'al
News Admin
Posts: 16154
News Credits: 194
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: Italy/Japan
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Discussion Thread

Postby Lore Keeper » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:48 am

From Matere, we have Computron, G2 Computron (with an added Cybertron behind him), and the poster that came with Menasor and the Stunticons G2 box set. From Christiansen, on the other hand, we have Technobot leader Scattershot, plus Decepticon Cyclonus and the CW creation of Battle Core Optimus Prime (who is totally not an inner Magnus). Check them all out!

Quick! Someone alert Tfwiki that G2 Computron would have traded in all of his normal alt modes for jets! :-P
User avatar
Lore Keeper
Minibot
Posts: 147
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:23 pm

Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Discussion Thread

Postby Emerje » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:06 am

Motto: "*Shrug*"
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Lore Keeper wrote:
From Matere, we have Computron, G2 Computron (with an added Cybertron behind him), and the poster that came with Menasor and the Stunticons G2 box set. From Christiansen, on the other hand, we have Technobot leader Scattershot, plus Decepticon Cyclonus and the CW creation of Battle Core Optimus Prime (who is totally not an inner Magnus). Check them all out!

Quick! Someone alert Tfwiki that G2 Computron would have traded in all of his normal alt modes for jets! :-P

Computron. Superion. Who's really keeping track?

Emerje
User avatar
Emerje
Gestalt
Posts: 2771
News Credits: 27
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:15 am
Location: Maine
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Re: More Transformers Combiner Wars Packaging Art by Ken Christiansen & Marcelo Matere

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:39 am

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Va'al wrote:and the CW creation of Battle Core Optimus Prime (who is totally not an inner Magnus).
And totally not wearing Star Convoy's pointy hat. :P
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 29257
News Credits: 232
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: More Transformers Combiner Wars Packaging Art by Ken Christiansen & Marcelo Matere

Postby Emerje » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:54 am

Motto: "*Shrug*"
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Sabrblade wrote:
Va'al wrote:and the CW creation of Battle Core Optimus Prime (who is totally not an inner Magnus).
And totally not wearing Star Convoy's pointy hat. :P

And totally not a Monopoly piece.

30c2b89aee61c8eb8ad6ce5b2dd94e62.jpg
30c2b89aee61c8eb8ad6ce5b2dd94e62.jpg (10 KiB) Viewed 5797 times


No, but seriously, why would Hasbro choose that over a Monopoly piece of vanilla Optimus?

Emerje
User avatar
Emerje
Gestalt
Posts: 2771
News Credits: 27
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:15 am
Location: Maine
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Discussion Thread

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:55 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Something odd about the Superion (cut him some slack, guys) and Menasor art: the Menasor one was indeed used for the poster in regular colors, and it uses Offroad instead of Wildrider, while Superion's was used for the box art and card instead.
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD 2001 Dreadwind & Smokejumper
3) RiD 2001 Destructicons Bludgeon & Scourge
4) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

If anyone has spare RiD Mini-Con armor pieces for Glacius and Beastbox, hit me up!

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 19859
News Credits: 24
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: McKinney, Texas, USA; Delft, the Netherlands
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Discussion Thread

Postby Va'al » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:08 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Emerje wrote:
Lore Keeper wrote:
From Matere, we have Computron, G2 Computron (with an added Cybertron behind him), and the poster that came with Menasor and the Stunticons G2 box set. From Christiansen, on the other hand, we have Technobot leader Scattershot, plus Decepticon Cyclonus and the CW creation of Battle Core Optimus Prime (who is totally not an inner Magnus). Check them all out!

Quick! Someone alert Tfwiki that G2 Computron would have traded in all of his normal alt modes for jets! :-P

Computron. Superion. Who's really keeping track?

Emerje


All Transformers are cars anyway.

(Edited, thanks!)
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image
Walk with me into.. The Va'ault.
User avatar
Va'al
News Admin
Posts: 16154
News Credits: 194
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: Italy/Japan
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Discussion Thread

Postby Deadput » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:26 am

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
Battle core Prime reminds me of Nova Prime more then anyone else really.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.


Image
User avatar
Deadput
City Commander
Posts: 3391
News Credits: 44
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 7:37 am
Location: Alberta,Canada
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Rank: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Discussion Thread

Postby MagicDeath » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:56 pm

Motto: "Oversight is the root of all failure."
Weapon: Hypersonic Concussion Blasters
While we’re here, is there a way to make Sky Lynx’s head secure in torso mode?
MagicDeath
Fuzor
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:55 pm
Buy from MagicDeath on eBay
Alt Mode: Kronosaurus
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 3
Endurance: 5
Rank: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Discussion Thread

Postby Cobotron » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:13 pm

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
MagicDeath wrote:While we’re here, is there a way to make Sky Lynx’s head secure in torso mode?
You mean the shuttle nose/"beast" head? I don't think so. I just let it swing like the tail of a happy little kitten. :lol:
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Image
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
User avatar
Cobotron
Site Moderator
Posts: 8396
News Credits: 32
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:53 am
Location: High Plains Drifter
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Discussion Thread

Postby o.supreme » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:25 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
I cant recall if The instructions say to have it up or down however, while its not tabbed/locked into a position, it does stay fairly stable in either position.
Defender of The Ark

Wanted:
Kreon Elite Optimus Prime Canadian TRU Giveaway
TF Kreon Warriors Series 3 (Unproduced)
Kreon Soccer Bumblebee
Empty Box and packaging only UW-05 Convoy Grand Prime
Empty Box and packaging only UW-EX Lynxmaster

Botcon 2016 Build-a-figure Marvel Comics Ratchet
Botcon 2016 Build-a-figure G2 Ratchet
Botcon 2016 Build-a-figure Shattered Glass Ratchet
Botcon 2016 Build-a-figure Medix
Botcon 2016 Flash Sentry
o.supreme
Godmaster
Posts: 1999
News Credits: 11
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:03 pm
Location: Born in the Bay Area, but stuck in Sacto.
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Previous

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition "Year of the Goat" Exclusive Masterpiece Soundwave by Hasbro" on AMAZON
You save: 47%
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Protectobot Groove Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 46%
Buy "Playskool Mr. Potato Head Transformers Mixable Mashable Heroes as Starscream Robot, 2-Inch" on AMAZON
You save: 27%
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Legion Autobot Twinferno" on AMAZON
You save: 22%
Buy "TRANSFORMERS MP29(Masterpiece) Defense adviser"Laser Wave" Japan figure/" on AMAZON
You save: 21%
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Sergeant Kup and Flintlock" on AMAZON
You save: 20%
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #193 - Eulogy
Twincast / Podcast #193:
"Eulogy"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, January 29th, 2018
Transformers products from EBAY

Items Ending Soon