Transformers Homages in R. Sikoryak Comics Projects

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: Transformers Homages in R. Sikoryak Comics Projects

Postby WreckerJack » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:26 pm

Motto: "Attitude of gratitude"
Weapon: Arc-Welders
This thread is turning into a real...

Image
User avatar
WreckerJack
News Staff
Posts: 1282
News Credits: 22
Joined: Tue May 03, 2016 2:52 am
Location: Pacific NW
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 8
Rank: ???
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Homages in R. Sikoryak Comics Projects

Postby Ultimate Weapon1 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:36 pm

"Let us hope that a "large swath" of the users here are not Trump supporters." -Seibertron.

Well I guess I'm not welcome here.
And of course Trump is not like Optimus Prime, Optimus is awesome and a perfect leader, Trump will do his best. Wether you believe it or not, many of my friends and family who are, and who were, in the military are for him. But sadly Optimus Prime doesn't exist, so he can't lead us.
Ultimate Weapon1
Micromaster
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:21 pm
Watch Ultimate Weapon1 on YouTube

Re: Transformers Homages in R. Sikoryak Comics Projects

Postby Burn » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:11 pm

You guys need to realise something.

The site owner, the staff ... we're human, just like you all.
We have our passions, just like you all.
We have our opinions, just like you all.

We're.just.like.you.

Please, stop and consider that. Okay, yeah, Ryan has used his site to air his political opinion.
That, actually is his right.

You don't have to agree with it.

Everyone is welcome on this site, regardless of political belief, trust me, Ryan is NOT going to run you off just because you voted for Trump.

But if you choose to leave, that's your choice, no one can stop you. BUT ... the site has a lot more to offer, lots of other discussions to engage in, lots of people (from varying backgrounds) to interact with.
Image
I'll be ignoring Burn's comments from now on
he's just being an @$$hol€!
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 44778
News Credits: 116
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Transformers Homages in R. Sikoryak Comics Projects

Postby featofstrength » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:01 pm

There's no reason to get bent out of shape over a Chicagoan's view on politics.

At least he went with a TF related topic this time... unlike the unrelated, 2008 "Congratulations, Barack Obama" site banner.
User avatar
featofstrength
Vehicon
Posts: 336
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:23 pm

Re: Transformers Homages in R. Sikoryak Comics Projects

Postby hinomars19 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:21 am

Motto: "never forget what you don't know"
Weapon: Blunt Force Battle Clubs
If any of you thought joining a fandom was going to be escapism from human actions and nature then I think you were mistaken.

I've considered leaving the site nearly every time I've (foolishly) entered a bay-movie thread. I can't step into one of those without having what I love ripped to shreds by people who insist my opinions are stupid because I don't believe a 'shitty 30 year old cartoon' needs such a drastic re-imagining complete with utter bastardizations of established characters. I've also learned I 'don't have the right' to vent in those threads. That's how I feel, at least.

I'm a GEEWUNNER and proud! I say Boo to Micheal Bay and his followers.

See, politics has always been here. It was just...in disguise :BOT:
User avatar
hinomars19
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 598
Joined: Sat May 29, 2004 4:03 am
Location: England
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 1
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10+

Re: Transformers Homages in R. Sikoryak Comics Projects

Postby No One » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:22 am

The site owner is a GREAT man. For myself, being erked that this was posted has nothing to do with him personally.
No One
Headmaster
Posts: 1156
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2002 12:21 pm
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Transformers Homages in R. Sikoryak Comics Projects

Postby No One » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:26 am

hinomars19 wrote:If any of you thought joining a fandom was going to be escapism from human actions and nature then I think you were mistaken.

I've considered leaving the site nearly every time I've (foolishly) entered a bay-movie thread. I can't step into one of those without having what I love ripped to shreds by people who insist my opinions are stupid because I don't believe a 'shitty 30 year old cartoon' needs such a drastic re-imagining complete with utter bastardizations of established characters. I've also learned I 'don't have the right' to vent in those threads. That's how I feel, at least.

I'm a GEEWUNNER and proud! I say Boo to Micheal Bay and his followers.

See, politics has always been here. It was just...in disguise :BOT:


I agree with every word you typed.
No One
Headmaster
Posts: 1156
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2002 12:21 pm
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Transformers Homages in R. Sikoryak Comics Projects

Postby Burn » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:23 am

hinomars19 wrote:I've considered leaving the site nearly every time I've (foolishly) entered a bay-movie thread.

If I was the arsehole people think I am, I'd make you a Mod.

Then you'd have to step in there on a regular basis. :-P
Image
I'll be ignoring Burn's comments from now on
he's just being an @$$hol€!
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 44778
News Credits: 116
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Transformers Homages in R. Sikoryak Comics Projects

Postby Ultra Markus » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:51 am

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: Laser Rifle
keep real politics out of transformers we dont need to go there [-(
User avatar
Ultra Markus
Brainmaster
Posts: 1496
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 5:48 pm
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: Transformers Homages in R. Sikoryak Comics Projects

Postby Deadput » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:44 am

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
You guys act like politics can just be ignored.

While it doesn't "need" to be posted on this site because its an unrelated subject it will pop up somewhere else because we all live on the same planet and nothing big is going to just sit in a corner you can ignore.

Want to not see politics? Shut off the computer and stay off the internet either way were going to have to live with it.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.


Image
User avatar
Deadput
City Commander
Posts: 3255
News Credits: 44
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 7:37 am
Location: Alberta,Canada
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Rank: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Re: Transformers Homages in R. Sikoryak Comics Projects

Postby Cyberpath » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:00 am

I have no idea who is "Jhiaxus" but am I supposed to get from this cover that Trump is bad? All I see is the 45th president heroically conquers Megatron -- the iconic ultimate bad-guy in Transformers. And the quote doesn't make him look bad either, power is a deterrent.

Back to the drawing board, Sikoryak!


Seibertron wrote:Let us hope that a "large swath" of the users here are not Trump supporters.


Image
User avatar
Cyberpath
Gestalt
Posts: 2391
News Credits: 288
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:16 am

Re: Transformers Homages in R. Sikoryak Comics Projects

Postby Black Hat » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:55 am

Motto: "Destroy, Devour, Desolate!"
Weapon: Chomping Rotor Blades
hinomars19 wrote:If any of you thought joining a fandom was going to be escapism from human actions and nature then I think you were mistaken.

I've considered leaving the site nearly every time I've (foolishly) entered a bay-movie thread. I can't step into one of those without having what I love ripped to shreds by people who insist my opinions are stupid because I don't believe a 'shitty 30 year old cartoon' needs such a drastic re-imagining complete with utter bastardizations of established characters. I've also learned I 'don't have the right' to vent in those threads. That's how I feel, at least.

I'm a GEEWUNNER and proud! I say Boo to Micheal Bay and his followers.

See, politics has always been here. It was just...in disguise :BOT:

As a :michaelbay: MOOVEE :michaelbay: fan myself, this is still the greatest post ever made. Someone give this guy a medal.

I still can't believe I thought that Daniel you painted was meant to be Kei from Dirty Pair. I really need that eye test.
User avatar
Black Hat
City Commander
Posts: 3973
News Credits: 6
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:24 am
Location: 199X
Alt Mode: Swarm of Locusts
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Rank: N/A
Courage: ???
Firepower: N/A
Skill: 1

Re: Transformers Homages in R. Sikoryak Comics Projects

Postby Caelus » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:02 am

Cyberpath wrote:I have no idea who is "Jhiaxus" but am I supposed to get from this cover that Trump is bad? All I see is the 45th president heroically conquers Megatron -- the iconic ultimate bad-guy in Transformers.


Jhiaxus was one of the villains of Generation 2. He was the visible leader of an army descended from a splinter group of Decepticons who were racial supremacists. Despite his claim of intellectual/moral superiority over his predecessors, he was just (inexplicably) stronger and better armed.

The Autobots and G1 Decepticons had to team up to stop them. Megatron was a relative hero in that comic.

In the end, Jhiaxus was revealed to be the Liege Maximo's boot licker.


And the quote doesn't make him look bad either, power is a deterrent.


Deterrence is based on threat. Threat is based on credibility. Credibility is based on evidence the person has an actual tangible plan they could reasonably implement, or at least basic working knowledge of what they're talking about. The quote made Trump sound like he had neither, but was keen to intimidate and impress people regardless.
I wrote a fantasy novel and I buried one Furmanism in it, because I could.
Caelus
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9723
News Credits: 2
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 10:32 pm
Location: Knoxville, TN

Re: Transformers Homages in R. Sikoryak Comics Projects

Postby Cyberpath » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:43 am

I think he knows exactly what he's talking about there, I've listened to video, too. And it's common sense really, but people mock it because it's Trump.

As for Jhiaxus, if the joke relies on knowing this very obscure character and cover then it's not very good. It isn't even Jhiaxus anymore but a robot Trump beating up Megatron. Not much different now than a cover of Optimus Prime beating Megatron.

Image

Image
User avatar
Cyberpath
Gestalt
Posts: 2391
News Credits: 288
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:16 am

Re: Transformers Homages in R. Sikoryak Comics Projects

Postby Ultimate Weapon1 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:02 am

Well I guess I won't leave the site, but I am no longer fond of the owner, and no it's not because of his political views, it's the way he used a post to attack others that had different views, thats what im not happy with. There is a difference between commenting your veiw, and forcing your views down someones throat. The post itself was fine, it's how it was used that was sly and demeaning. Seibertron can post his veiws and whatnot, but blatantly attacking others with his views is not someone I would trust, the mods however had more respect, so I thank you mods. See you on the next thread were hopefully no one uses it to attack someone else's view.
Ultimate Weapon1
Micromaster
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:21 pm
Watch Ultimate Weapon1 on YouTube

Re: Transformers Homages in R. Sikoryak Comics Projects

Postby Moonshot » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:39 am

Motto: "You'll never walk alone"
Weapon: Twin Cryo-Blasters
hy·poc·ri·sy = the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense.

I really admire how this site about Transformers doesnt want people talking politics most of the time. Unless the posts are of the same politically as the site mods/owner, that is not a problem. Anyone pro-Trump will not be tolerated. Compare Trump to Jiaxus and its all fun and games, compare him to Optimus and its heresy, lol. Good stuff.

EDIT: I never been a Trump supporter. But now I am starting to love him because of how irate and incomprehensible he makes the left and some of the right, lol. I mean we all know the OP wasn't posted because it was vaguely about Transformers, it was in spite of it.
Last edited by Moonshot on Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
:RUBSIGN: Image :WRECKERS:
User avatar
Moonshot
Combiner
Posts: 452
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon May 06, 2013 8:25 pm
Location: Kentucky
Alt Mode: Motorcycle and Utahraptor
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Rank: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers Homages in R. Sikoryak Comics Projects

Postby Seibertron » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:46 am

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Ultimate Weapon1 wrote:Well I guess I won't leave the site, but I am no longer fond of the owner, and no it's not because of his political views, it's the way he used a post to attack others that had different views, thats what im not happy with. There is a difference between commenting your veiw, and forcing your views down someones throat. The post itself was fine, it's how it was used that was sly and demeaning. Seibertron can post his veiws and whatnot, but blatantly attacking others with his views is not someone I would trust, the mods however had more respect, so I thank you mods. See you on the next thread were hopefully no one uses it to attack someone else's view.


I appreciate your fair and candid thoughts being shared with us about what I said earlier. I'm sorry you feel that way, but I am so passionate about how bad a person Trump is that I'm not going to sit idly by while people are shockingly talking in a positive manner about the Trump on my website. Trump is one of the scariest people in the world, right up there with Kim Jong-Un himself. He's rude, says nasty things on a daily basis, and isn't too bright (despite his "blowhard" comments about how intelligent he thinks he is). See also: George H.W. Bush: Trump is a 'blowhard' motivated by 'ego' USA TODAY. It is very concerning to me that some of you are following him, though if the U.S. Transformers fandom was more properly representative of our nation's diverse population, I would think we'd be having a very different discussion right now.

Hopefully, it doesn't take our country getting nuked before you guys realize that we have a narcissistic villain leading our country at the moment. He is not good for us, he is not good for our country, and he is not good for our world. Trump is in this for one person and one person (company?) only. All he cares about is himself, and if you believe otherwise, he has truly worked his magic on you.

Remember, per Donald Trump himself, he's the only one that matters (around the 11:30 point). Narcissism at its finest.

Image

Want List: Browning, Dai Atlas and the Big Powered Giftset, Galaxy Shuttle, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, + more!
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 25402
News Credits: 1023
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: Transformers Homages in R. Sikoryak Comics Projects

Postby fenrir72 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:03 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
WTFrack? When I previously posted about the economic policies of the previous administration affecting our purchasing habits (rising fuel prices, global warming plastics etc) I got my head bitten off yet it seems like it's open season against PotUS Trump!

As for the so called dossier, cheetos etcs, it was commissioned by the DNC courtesy of HRC with Russkie assistance. Let's not get going on what HRC and Bubba have been up to :twisted: (cheated Bernie in the DNC Convention)

So the moral is, what's good for the goose is also for the gander. Both sides are equally despicable, only the liberal side is mucho worst 'cause, well they got the LSM to cover for them via selective reporting!Don't forget how Tipper Gore and Lieberman wanted to go censoring evil rap songs and violent videogames! I'd have expected that from the Cons. Don't get me going with that SanFran Senator Lee Land Yee, a Democrat antigun nutjob convicted for selling guns to terrorists!

Cons are just as despicable what with feigning morality and all and the Press rakes them over the coals to no end. That's good but when they start favoring a side by selectively reporting, well, you know that someone sold out their principles!
Buy Official Hb/TakaraTitancityformers at retail price or else the 3rd party makers win!

"Shelfwarming"
Btw, its been nearly a year now and TR Soundwave and Blaster aren't moving in the shelve of TRU, is that shelfwarming or what?


_ _ _ _ . ._ _ . ._. ...._ _ _. _ _ _._. ._. .. _ . . . ._ . _ . _ _ _ _ . ..... . _ ..._. . . . _ _ . _ . . _. ._ _ _ _ _ _ _ . _ _ _ _._ _ . . ._..._.. . . ._ _ _ . _ _ _ _ ._ _ _ . . . . _ _ _ .. _ _ _.. _ - _ __ _ _ _. .
User avatar
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
Posts: 10106
News Credits: 60
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:37 am
Location: SEA
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Homages in R. Sikoryak Comics Projects

Postby Seibertron » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:06 am

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Moonshot wrote:hy·poc·ri·sy = the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense.

I really admire how this site about Transformers doesnt want people talking politics most of the time. Unless the posts are of the same politically as the site mods/owner, that is not a problem. Anyone pro-Trump will not be tolerated. Compare Trump to Jiaxus and its all fun and games, compare him to Optimus and its heresy, lol. Good stuff.

EDIT: I never been a Trump supporter. But now I am starting to love him because of how irate and incomprehensible he makes the left and some of the right, lol. I mean we all know the OP wasn't posted because it was vaguely about Transformers, it was in spite of it.


I was unaware that we had rules preventing people from discussing politics. If people are bringing it up off-topic in a subject about the toys or comics, then that would fall under the "off-topic" or "topic derailing" rules. But we do not have rules preventing people from discussing politics where appropriate or in the General Discussion forum.
Image

Want List: Browning, Dai Atlas and the Big Powered Giftset, Galaxy Shuttle, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, + more!
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 25402
News Credits: 1023
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: Transformers Homages in R. Sikoryak Comics Projects

Postby Cyberpath » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:21 am

Trump will bring the end of the world and to prove it here's a clip of someone from CNN taking a sentence completely out of context!

Hey, listen, believe what you want. Don't worry about the rest of us falling under his spell.
User avatar
Cyberpath
Gestalt
Posts: 2391
News Credits: 288
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:16 am

Re: Transformers Homages in R. Sikoryak Comics Projects

Postby EunuchRon » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:46 pm

Motto: "That which does not kill us sure leaves a mark."
Weapon: Front-Mounted Anti-Matter Projector
Geez. No need to harsh each other over some satire. I think yall needs to chill and put in some cartoons.
User avatar
EunuchRon
Minibot
Posts: 125
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:28 pm
Alt Mode: Planet-eating Gas Giant
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: ???

Re: Transformers Homages in R. Sikoryak Comics Projects

Postby Caelus » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:05 pm

Okay, with all the talk about 'blatantly attacking others views' and such, it seems like people may have lost some perspective on the matter. To remind y'all, this is what it looks like when someone blatantly attacks your views:

For all the Trump supporters here whinging and quaking because they feel like their safe-space has been violated by some liberal bias, you're looking for oppression in the wrong place. Seibertron.com does not have a leftist/feminist/liberal/democrat/socialist/atheist/whatever agenda, nor do the admins/staff.

If they did, I'd be a hell of a lot more involved here.

See, I actually am the sort of 'rabid' 'intolerant' liberal that wants to destroy 'your' America. I actually want to amend the constitution to severely limit your access to guns. I want to tax churches. I want to tax the **** out of corporations and people in the top 1%, and I want healthcare, food, and shelter to be basic rights of people living in our country. I don't want creationism taught in schools as a 'science'. I believe sex education should be mandatory in public schools. I don't believe that church marriages should be legally binding institutions of the state, and I don't believe that you have any right to tell two (or more!) consenting adults that they can't live together, raise kids together, or file taxes together. I could go on, but I think I've made my point. Oh, well, a couple of other things I tend to take for granted but seem to be lost on some people - sexual assault is bad, women should receive equal pay for equal work, and cops should be held to a much higher standard than the rest of the population.

I'm not the most liberal person I know, but I'm so liberal, that - hypocrisy be ****ed - if I could deport all of the Trump supporters in exchange for Muslim Mexicans who want to be U.S. citizens, I'd take at most a week to deliberate on the offer.

However, I pretty much minimize my time here, because, guess what? Over the past twelve years or so, opening my leftist/feminist/whatever mouth has generally meant getting treated like **** by other posters, and left hanging by the staff, because - you know - condemning jokes about sexual exploitation of women is too 'political' for such a forum. Among the more (relatively) erudite labels I've been given, I've been dissed as a bleeding-heart, a snowflake, a SJW (because somehow 'social justice' is a bad thing), a 'liberal academic', an 'elitist intellectual', and - my favorite - a "godless atheist" - That was when I lost my staff position, by the way.

So yeah, you really think the staff on this site has some oppressive, liberal agenda?

That's been the best laugh I've had this week.

That 'liberal bias' you think is lurking around every corner? That's moderate Americans exercising their constitutional right to criticize a man so far down the rabbit hole that the left-right spectrum doesn't even make sense in the context of the argument anymore.
I wrote a fantasy novel and I buried one Furmanism in it, because I could.
Caelus
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9723
News Credits: 2
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 10:32 pm
Location: Knoxville, TN

Re: Transformers Homages in R. Sikoryak Comics Projects

Postby Black Hat » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:01 pm

Motto: "Destroy, Devour, Desolate!"
Weapon: Chomping Rotor Blades
Caelus wrote:Okay, with all the talk about 'blatantly attacking others views' and such, it seems like people may have lost some perspective on the matter. To remind y'all, this is what it looks like when someone blatantly attacks your views:

For all the Trump supporters here whinging and quaking because they feel like their safe-space has been violated by some liberal bias, you're looking for oppression in the wrong place. Seibertron.com does not have a leftist/feminist/liberal/democrat/socialist/atheist/whatever agenda, nor do the admins/staff.

And thank God for that. Considering how well communities tend to do under socialist rule (Soviet Russia, Red China, NeoGAF etc) I think we can all be very grateful that the madness hasn't fully infected this serene oasis of robot nerding.
If they did, I'd be a hell of a lot more involved here.

I'm not seeing the problem here...
See, I actually am the sort of 'rabid' 'intolerant' liberal that wants to destroy 'your' America.

That's fine, but expect criticism for that. Well, I say "That's fine", really I think you'd be better moving to Sweden and get an idea for what happens when things go your way.
I actually want to amend the constitution to severely limit your access to guns.

Good thing you're not in charge then, isn't it?
I want to tax churches. I want to tax the **** out of corporations and people in the top 1%,

Which wouldn't actually fix the problems the world has, but carry on.
and I want healthcare, food, and shelter to be basic rights of people living in our country.

We have free healthcare over here in the UK. It isn't very good.
I don't want creationism taught in schools as a 'science'.

OK in fairness, this one I can relate to.
I believe sex education should be mandatory in public schools.

Not quite as cut-and-dried as it might seem- in theory it's a great idea, but in practice it gets taught much too early.
I don't believe that church marriages should be legally binding institutions of the state, and I don't believe that you have any right to tell two (or more!) consenting adults that they can't live together, raise kids together, or file taxes together.

Maybe because marriage, pretty much by definition, is a union between a man and a woman. Like, that's not me bashing gay or bi people, that's the actual, original definition.
I could go on, but I think I've made my point.

Well you've certainly made the point that you don't know as much as you think you do.
Oh, well, a couple of other things I tend to take for granted but seem to be lost on some people - sexual assault is bad,

Not disagreeing with you there. Sexual assault is bad. However, the way that it's dealt with by courts (especially in colleges) is a royal mess, as too much stock is placed in "Listen and believe". As someone who's been falsely accused of sexual harassment I'm all too familiar with how sexual assault claims can be used as weapons.
women should receive equal pay for equal work,

Yeah, about that...
and cops should be held to a much higher standard than the rest of the population.

I see exactly what you're doing, pal. Don't even go there.
I'm not the most liberal person I know, but I'm so liberal, that - hypocrisy be ****ed - if I could deport all of the Trump supporters in exchange for Muslim Mexicans who want to be U.S. citizens, I'd take at most a week to deliberate on the offer.

Again, good thing you're not in that position isn't it?
However, I pretty much minimize my time here, because, guess what? Over the past twelve years or so, opening my leftist/feminist/whatever mouth has generally meant getting treated like **** by other posters, and left hanging by the staff, because - you know - condemning jokes about sexual exploitation of women is too 'political' for such a forum.

I'm gonna need a source on that, because last time I checked that sh!t didn't fly. I mean, I got in minor trouble for casually describing an up-their-own-arse film critic as a "Pretentious f@ggot".
Among the more (relatively) erudite labels I've been given, I've been dissed as a bleeding-heart, a snowflake, a SJW (because somehow 'social justice' is a bad thing), a 'liberal academic', an 'elitist intellectual', and - my favorite - a "godless atheist" - That was when I lost my staff position, by the way.

What, a bit like anyone even remotely conservative gets branded a racist, sexist, transphobic, bigoted MRA bible-thumping klansman?
So yeah, you really think the staff on this site has some oppressive, liberal agenda?

No, but I disagree with the political opinions of certain members of staff.
That's been the best laugh I've had this week.

Well, I'm glad you can extract some joy out of something.
That 'liberal bias' you think is lurking around every corner? That's moderate Americans exercising their constitutional right to criticize a man so far down the rabbit hole that the left-right spectrum doesn't even make sense in the context of the argument anymore.

So pretty much "I'm on the right side of history, anyone who disagrees with me is a far-right lunatic".

Lemme put it this way. I generally speaking have no issue with the moderation on this forum, I think it's pretty fair and even-handed. But if I were to say, for example, that I think life is sacred, abortion is murder and that it should only EVER be considered in cases where otherwise the mother would die as well, I'd probably get in MAJOR trouble. Lots of people hold that viewpoint. Not because they "hate women" or whatever, but because to them, the idea of killing an innocent unborn foetus is morally abhorrent. Now I don't 100% agree with those people (though I don't 100% agree with the other side either) but I fully respect their right to hold that opinion and that they aren't some kind of evil sh!tlords for holding that belief. The problem is, we live in a society that's shifted so far to the left, away from the values that held society together in the first place, that simply disagreeing with a pretty damn radical liberal idea is considered "far right". I'm not talking about idiots that bomb abortion clinics BTW, just regular people who find abortion distasteful.

TLDR: The problem isn't with Seibertron, it's with society as a whole.
User avatar
Black Hat
City Commander
Posts: 3973
News Credits: 6
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:24 am
Location: 199X
Alt Mode: Swarm of Locusts
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Rank: N/A
Courage: ???
Firepower: N/A
Skill: 1

Re: Transformers Homages in R. Sikoryak Comics Projects

Postby worldsgreatest » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:08 pm

Trump is essentially Starscream.
worldsgreatest
Minibot
Posts: 165
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:48 pm

Re: Transformers Homages in R. Sikoryak Comics Projects

Postby worldsgreatest » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:10 pm

Black Hat wrote:
Caelus wrote:Okay, with all the talk about 'blatantly attacking others views' and such, it seems like people may have lost some perspective on the matter. To remind y'all, this is what it looks like when someone blatantly attacks your views:

For all the Trump supporters here whinging and quaking because they feel like their safe-space has been violated by some liberal bias, you're looking for oppression in the wrong place. Seibertron.com does not have a leftist/feminist/liberal/democrat/socialist/atheist/whatever agenda, nor do the admins/staff.

And thank God for that. Considering how well communities tend to do under socialist rule (Soviet Russia, Red China, NeoGAF etc) I think we can all be very grateful that the madness hasn't fully infected this serene oasis of robot nerding.
If they did, I'd be a hell of a lot more involved here.

I'm not seeing the problem here...
See, I actually am the sort of 'rabid' 'intolerant' liberal that wants to destroy 'your' America.

That's fine, but expect criticism for that. Well, I say "That's fine", really I think you'd be better moving to Sweden and get an idea for what happens when things go your way.
I actually want to amend the constitution to severely limit your access to guns.

Good thing you're not in charge then, isn't it?
I want to tax churches. I want to tax the **** out of corporations and people in the top 1%,

Which wouldn't actually fix the problems the world has, but carry on.
and I want healthcare, food, and shelter to be basic rights of people living in our country.

We have free healthcare over here in the UK. It isn't very good.
I don't want creationism taught in schools as a 'science'.

OK in fairness, this one I can relate to.
I believe sex education should be mandatory in public schools.

Not quite as cut-and-dried as it might seem- in theory it's a great idea, but in practice it gets taught much too early.
I don't believe that church marriages should be legally binding institutions of the state, and I don't believe that you have any right to tell two (or more!) consenting adults that they can't live together, raise kids together, or file taxes together.

Maybe because marriage, pretty much by definition, is a union between a man and a woman. Like, that's not me bashing gay or bi people, that's the actual, original definition.
I could go on, but I think I've made my point.

Well you've certainly made the point that you don't know as much as you think you do.
Oh, well, a couple of other things I tend to take for granted but seem to be lost on some people - sexual assault is bad,

Not disagreeing with you there. Sexual assault is bad. However, the way that it's dealt with by courts (especially in colleges) is a royal mess, as too much stock is placed in "Listen and believe". As someone who's been falsely accused of sexual harassment I'm all too familiar with how sexual assault claims can be used as weapons.
women should receive equal pay for equal work,

Yeah, about that...
and cops should be held to a much higher standard than the rest of the population.

I see exactly what you're doing, pal. Don't even go there.
I'm not the most liberal person I know, but I'm so liberal, that - hypocrisy be ****ed - if I could deport all of the Trump supporters in exchange for Muslim Mexicans who want to be U.S. citizens, I'd take at most a week to deliberate on the offer.

Again, good thing you're not in that position isn't it?
However, I pretty much minimize my time here, because, guess what? Over the past twelve years or so, opening my leftist/feminist/whatever mouth has generally meant getting treated like **** by other posters, and left hanging by the staff, because - you know - condemning jokes about sexual exploitation of women is too 'political' for such a forum.

I'm gonna need a source on that, because last time I checked that sh!t didn't fly. I mean, I got in minor trouble for casually describing an up-their-own-arse film critic as a "Pretentious f@ggot".
Among the more (relatively) erudite labels I've been given, I've been dissed as a bleeding-heart, a snowflake, a SJW (because somehow 'social justice' is a bad thing), a 'liberal academic', an 'elitist intellectual', and - my favorite - a "godless atheist" - That was when I lost my staff position, by the way.

What, a bit like anyone even remotely conservative gets branded a racist, sexist, transphobic, bigoted MRA bible-thumping klansman?
So yeah, you really think the staff on this site has some oppressive, liberal agenda?

No, but I disagree with the political opinions of certain members of staff.
That's been the best laugh I've had this week.

Well, I'm glad you can extract some joy out of something.
That 'liberal bias' you think is lurking around every corner? That's moderate Americans exercising their constitutional right to criticize a man so far down the rabbit hole that the left-right spectrum doesn't even make sense in the context of the argument anymore.

So pretty much "I'm on the right side of history, anyone who disagrees with me is a far-right lunatic".

Lemme put it this way. I generally speaking have no issue with the moderation on this forum, I think it's pretty fair and even-handed. But if I were to say, for example, that I think life is sacred, abortion is murder and that it should only EVER be considered in cases where otherwise the mother would die as well, I'd probably get in MAJOR trouble. Lots of people hold that viewpoint. Not because they "hate women" or whatever, but because to them, the idea of killing an innocent unborn foetus is morally abhorrent. Now I don't 100% agree with those people (though I don't 100% agree with the other side either) but I fully respect their right to hold that opinion and that they aren't some kind of evil sh!tlords for holding that belief. The problem is, we live in a society that's shifted so far to the left, away from the values that held society together in the first place, that simply disagreeing with a pretty damn radical liberal idea is considered "far right". I'm not talking about idiots that bomb abortion clinics BTW, just regular people who find abortion distasteful.

TLDR: The problem isn't with Seibertron, it's with society as a whole.


You're free to be pro life. The problem comes when you push to legislate according to that belief.
worldsgreatest
Minibot
Posts: 165
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:48 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Movie Deception Voyager Class STARSCREAM New 2006 F-22 Raptor - Time Remaining: 3 days 23 hours 15 minutes 59 seconds
ROADBUSTER Transformers 3 DOTM Movie 5" inch Deluxe Class Autobot Figure 2011 - Time Remaining: 5 days 3 hours 17 minutes 3 seconds
Transformers Armada Blurr Complete Deluxe Incinerator Mini-Con - Time Remaining: 7 days 9 hours 19 minutes 37 seconds
NEW Takara Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series MPM-03 Bumblebee MIB IN STOCK - Time Remaining: 1 day 20 hours 22 minutes 57 seconds
Punching Pop OPTIMUS PRIME Candy Gift Set Transformers G1 Generation 1 2007 - Time Remaining: 1 day 13 hours 24 minutes 55 seconds
Transformers Reveal The Shield Strafe Complete Voyager RTS - Time Remaining: 3 days 4 hours 27 minutes 5 seconds
2008 Takara, Transformers Henkei Classics - Optimus Prime (C-01) - Complete - Time Remaining: 1 day 13 hours 30 minutes 53 seconds
NEW TRANSFORMERS ENERGON ARMADA CYCLONUS W/ CRUMPLEZONE MINICON KB EXCLUSIVE - Time Remaining: 22 days 7 hours 32 minutes 33 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #188 - Mutinous Intent
Twincast / Podcast #188:
"Mutinous Intent"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, November 13th, 2017