Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Leaked images of Transformers WFC Siege Deluxe Ratchet and Bluestreak's robot modes

Postby Wolfman Jake » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:35 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
notirishman wrote:Image


Bluestreak looks on point. The only big "cartoon accuracy" criticism I would give is that the upper arms should be gray, not red. I'm not bothered by the reuse of the Prowl mold head either, as they always looked very similar anyway. I don't think the original toys had different head sculpts, and the cartoon models are close enough, despite some small detailing and shape differences. Technically, the pelvis should have been retooled too, but whatever. A little bit of silver paint on the lower torso would have been good too. I guess the shoulder cannons could have been retooled too, as they are supposed to look different than Smokescreen's, but they don't look bad on Bluestreak. I accept them doing "double duty" in that sense. Overall, I'm very happy with how SIEGE Bluestreak has turned out.

notirishman wrote:Image


I'm also very happy to see that Ratchet has his animation accurate dark gray/black head crest. The shoulders look good with those red highlights and the light bars as visible kibble from alt mode. They can't really do the Red Cross symbol anymore, so I can't knock them for not being that accurate to the G1 cartoon model. In that regard, I also accept the "extraneous" red paint detailing on the wrists, collar, leg panels, and feet, as otherwise, Ratchet has got a LOT of white/negative space in his deco. What does bother me, though, is that they DIDN'T paint the few parts that are SUPPOSED to be red, like his hands and pelvis. Looking at the plastic color layout for SIEGE Ironhide, I think they should have cast those parts in red plastic and just painted over the shoulders in white where needed. Paying attention to that detail, along with the rest of the detailing "embellishments," would have made for a very sharp looking toy with just two main colors (plus that delicious light blue clear windshield).
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
User avatar
Wolfman Jake
News Staff
Posts: 3377
News Credits: 53
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:22 am
Location: Maplewood, MN
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby sol magnus » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:38 pm

Motto: "This is the most beautiful thing in the entire universe. Ok, give me the bomb."
Weapon: Laser Rifle
Both are a given. I only wish they developed new launchers for Bluestreak.
sol magnus
Combiner
Posts: 499
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:39 am
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Cobotron » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:43 pm

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
Cool!
Bluestreak = Gimme, gimme, gimme!!
Looks like Ratchet has a bunch of re-sculpted bits. Nice!
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Image
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
User avatar
Cobotron
Site Moderator
Posts: 9792
News Credits: 36
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:53 am
Location: High Plains Drifter
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Re: 2020 Transformers War for Cybertron Toyline Fan Vote

Postby PushYouDown » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:48 pm

Yes--I think that's why I'm not feeling this Ratchet--he's too much of a brick of white. Red waist would have broken it up and red hands would have helped.
PushYouDown
Mini-Con
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:40 pm
Buy from PushYouDown on eBay

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:00 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Rachet looks pretty slick, and I'll echo Sabrblade's sentiments about the head crest
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Staff
Posts: 8922
News Credits: 283
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:58 am
Location: North East UK

Re: 2020 Transformers War for Cybertron Toyline Fan Vote

Postby DMSL » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:05 pm

Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
Bland looking figures, i will hang onto my iGear Ratchet and my Universe Classic Bluestreak.
DMSL
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 814
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:08 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Watch DMSL on YouTube
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Skritz » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:09 pm

Aw yeah, its our boy Ratchet and he's looking...well, he looks good enough. Damn it Siege, stop making me like 1984 Autobots! :lol:
User avatar
Skritz
Godmaster
Posts: 1601
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:40 am

Re: 2020 Transformers War for Cybertron Toyline Fan Vote

Postby Stargrave » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:13 pm

Motto: "It’s all the in the reflexes"
Weapon: Glass Gas Gun
This is awesome I maybe wish this was that color or that was this color but man this makes for an awesome week of previews thanks dude!

I love Ratchet having that style gun! Gotta have him.
User avatar
Stargrave
News Staff
Posts: 662
News Credits: 111
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:26 pm
Location: California
Alt Mode: A left leg
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 1
Courage: 8
Firepower: 4
Skill: 2

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Microbot » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:41 pm

Finally!! I wait for this really much!!! I really love Ratchet!!! :BOWDOWN: :BOWDOWN: :BOWDOWN: :BOWDOWN: Awesome! Take my money! Also glad to another glad return with a nice Bluestreak! Please Hasbro/Takara and siege masterminds...give me B and Dinobots and make this guy really happy forever!!! :-D
Microbot
Micromaster
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:30 am

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Stargrave » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:05 pm

Motto: "It’s all the in the reflexes"
Weapon: Glass Gas Gun
Skritz wrote:Aw yeah, its our boy Ratchet and he's looking...well, he looks good enough. Damn it Siege, stop making me like 1984 Autobots! :lol:


Dude you’re pooched, these are so cool!

Hey if you all could pick like 2 out of the 3: Prowl, Bluesteak, or Smokescreen, which would you pick? They’re like the Autobot Seekers. So cool.
User avatar
Stargrave
News Staff
Posts: 662
News Credits: 111
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:26 pm
Location: California
Alt Mode: A left leg
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 1
Courage: 8
Firepower: 4
Skill: 2

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:12 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
00Stargrave00 wrote:Hey if you all could pick like 2 out of the 3: Prowl, Bluesteak, or Smokescreen, which would you pick? They’re like the Autobot Seekers. So cool.

I would pick Bluestreak: he is a talker, and thus is very relatable to me.

My 2nd pick would be Smokescreen cause cool name, racecar alt mode, and Prime made me love and pay more attention to Smokescreen characters.
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
News Admin
Posts: 15730
News Credits: 1339
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Autobot N » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:54 pm

Motto: "Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
Weapon: Electro-Sword
00Stargrave00 wrote:Hey if you all could pick like 2 out of the 3: Prowl, Bluesteak, or Smokescreen, which would you pick? They’re like the Autobot Seekers. So cool.
Probably Bluestreak and Smokescreen.
Image
Check out my collection thread! Thanks to SillyMcGilly Lokimus for the awesome profile picture! Check out his other work at his Deviantart page!
william-james88 wrote:I dont know, my understanding of SillySpringer McGilly Lokimus's mind only goes so far.
User avatar
Autobot N
Gestalt
Posts: 2485
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: Somewhere, most likely.
Alt Mode: Police Motorcycle
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 4
Rank: 7
Courage: 5
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby william-james88 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:02 pm

00Stargrave00 wrote:
Skritz wrote:Aw yeah, its our boy Ratchet and he's looking...well, he looks good enough. Damn it Siege, stop making me like 1984 Autobots! :lol:


Dude you’re pooched, these are so cool!

Hey if you all could pick like 2 out of the 3: Prowl, Bluesteak, or Smokescreen, which would you pick? They’re like the Autobot Seekers. So cool.

I love that notion of autobot seekers, I never thought of it that way but it works perfectly.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Admin
Posts: 24937
News Credits: 2437
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Stargrave » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:51 pm

Motto: "It’s all the in the reflexes"
Weapon: Glass Gas Gun
william-james88 wrote:
00Stargrave00 wrote:
Skritz wrote:Aw yeah, its our boy Ratchet and he's looking...well, he looks good enough. Damn it Siege, stop making me like 1984 Autobots! :lol:


Dude you’re pooched, these are so cool!

Hey if you all could pick like 2 out of the 3: Prowl, Bluesteak, or Smokescreen, which would you pick? They’re like the Autobot Seekers. So cool.

I love that notion of autobot seekers, I never thought of it that way but it works perfectly.


I thought I was maybe being too dorky about that :lol:
The Rovers? The Adventurers? Locators? Shoot where’s my thesaurus ...
User avatar
Stargrave
News Staff
Posts: 662
News Credits: 111
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:26 pm
Location: California
Alt Mode: A left leg
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 1
Courage: 8
Firepower: 4
Skill: 2

Re: 2020 Transformers War for Cybertron Toyline Fan Vote

Postby Mindmaster » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:09 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Now that I see these two and like the way they look, I might as well dip for Prowl and Ironhide...

...when I come back from deployment and go on leave.
This doofy idiot operates a 72-ton war machine capable of mass destruction up to two miles, and that doofy idiot is me

Image

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
User avatar
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6253
News Credits: 231
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: 2020 Transformers War for Cybertron Toyline Fan Vote

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:31 pm

Weapon: Twin Swords
Hm... Not sure what I was expecting, but Ratchet took me a second to get used to and I already love it. And Bluestreak actually looks nice to me here despite me not liking the design for Prowl. I was always going to pick up the Ratchet figure but I may actually pick up Bluestreak and potentially Smokescreen. Also it would appear that they didn't end up pinning Ratchet's side panels. Let's just hope they managed to fix the issue of the panels popping off
Sentinel_Primal
Vehicon
Posts: 348
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:03 pm
Alt Mode: Sea Serpent
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Rank: 2
Courage: 4
Firepower: 2
Skill: 5

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Nemesis Primal » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:03 am

Motto: "Anything worth doing is worth suffering for."
Weapon: Flamethrower Cannons
Well Bluestreak looks perfect, he's easily the best use of this mold and a guaranteed purchase. That red really pops, and I'm glad he looks to have dark windows as opposed to Prowl's clear ones. Maybe having the mold in-hand will help me come to a final opinion on Barricade...still nothing on when or how he's released though, which isn't helpful.

Ratchet though...ehhhh. I can't really tell what his weapon is even supposed to be at this angle, the G1 cartoon head sculpt/coloring is still off-putting to me, and he's so blindingly white. Ironhide has two different shades of grey plus battle damage in robot mode, what happened here? I mean I'm glad they didn't go full G1 cartoon and make him all white, but I still think they went too far in that direction. Maybe when we get official pics of him and see his alt mode he'll look better, but right now all I like about him are his retooled shoulders and his windshield.
Burn wrote:You're my new favourite person. 8-)
Nemesis Primal
Vehicon
Posts: 351
News Credits: 6
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:30 pm
Location: Washington at home, Idaho at school
Alt Mode: Transmetal Velociraptor
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby ThunderThruster » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:45 am

Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
00Stargrave00 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
00Stargrave00 wrote:
Skritz wrote:Aw yeah, its our boy Ratchet and he's looking...well, he looks good enough. Damn it Siege, stop making me like 1984 Autobots! :lol:


Dude you’re pooched, these are so cool!

Hey if you all could pick like 2 out of the 3: Prowl, Bluesteak, or Smokescreen, which would you pick? They’re like the Autobot Seekers. So cool.

I love that notion of autobot seekers, I never thought of it that way but it works perfectly.


I thought I was maybe being too dorky about that :lol:
The Rovers? The Adventurers? Locators? Shoot where’s my thesaurus ...

The Cruisers?
Tekka wrote:What she doesn't realize is that Springer actually loves Rodimus.

Image
User avatar
ThunderThruster
Gestalt
Posts: 2714
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:56 am
Location: Nottingham

Re: 2020 Transformers War for Cybertron Toyline Fan Vote

Postby Bounti76 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:47 am

Weapon: Vibro-Axe
I'm sorry, but Ratchet looks pretty awful. The head is fine, but that stark sea of white, offset only by tiny patches of red .... it's the most boring deco in ages.
User avatar
Bounti76
News Staff
Posts: 987
News Credits: 140
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:17 am
Location: Utah
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Rank: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Gemstonegemini » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:40 am

Weapon: High-Energy Particle Beam Rifle
This fella arrived on Wednesday morning, and I have some thoughts. So, I hope you all don't mind my rambling opinions on this guy.

Image

Overall, he's much better than I thought he'd be when he was first shown. I think my initial disappointment was due to my own mismanaged expectations towards him, namely, that he's not supposed to be a direct successor to the Original Cybertron toy, and instead he's a blend of that and G1 to bring him into the Generations styling.

That being said, I have my quibbles, and I'll briefly go over them now. Firstly, and let's not beat around the bush, the separate cab mode is pretty awful.

Image

It's by far the weakest mode, and it's understandable that a toy that does this much is going to have a mode that's lower on the priority list. But this cab isn't just passable, like POTP Orion Pax's was, but an active detriment, and makes me want to fiddle around with the inner figure less.

Image

Which is a shame because, despite this guy's odd proportions, I actually like it quite a lot. It has a strange chunky charm that I can't fully explain. It just appeals to me. It's robot mode is also surprisingly detailed and pose-able for something that most people probably will never display on it's own.

The fact is has things like a ball joint neck and ankle tilts took me by surprise, and there's a lot of paint here along with the sculpted details. This robot mode doesn't feel like a stepping stone like POTP Orion does, which is ironic, considering that in terms of pure utility, he's far more of a stepping stone than the former.

I also have to point out that I love the rotating spine piece that the bumper uses to form the backpack. It's just a pit that the cab on it's own is so poor, otherwise I'd be more positive.

Image

Thankfully, these complaints don't carry over to the combined modes, both of which are fantastic. This might just be the most gorgeous headsculpt I've seen on an Optimus Prime toy since Classics. It's just so imposing looking, and really captures the original look of the cartoon far better than the OG leader. The figure as a whole has such a presence. The painting and detailing is superb and I really appreciate that all weapons can be stores away on the back without cluttering the backpack further.

I only have one real criticism, and that is that I wish that the legs had sideways ratchets and the combined mode boots are rather heavy, which means the legs can;t hold certain poses, and he can occasionally be prone to doing the splits if put into a wide A-frame stance.

Otherwise, this guy is great, and I'm very happy I got him. If I didn't already own the classics, this toy would for sure be my new CHUG Prime.

Thanks for reading my rambling, and I'm sorry I'm so long winded. :oops:
;;)
User avatar
Gemstonegemini
Micromaster
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:45 am
Location: UK
Alt Mode: Lil jet
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Rank: 3
Courage: 5
Firepower: 4
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Stargrave » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:27 am

Motto: "It’s all the in the reflexes"
Weapon: Glass Gas Gun
ThunderThruster wrote:
00Stargrave00 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
00Stargrave00 wrote:
Skritz wrote:Aw yeah, its our boy Ratchet and he's looking...well, he looks good enough. Damn it Siege, stop making me like 1984 Autobots! :lol:


Dude you’re pooched, these are so cool!

Hey if you all could pick like 2 out of the 3: Prowl, Bluesteak, or Smokescreen, which would you pick? They’re like the Autobot Seekers. So cool.

I love that notion of autobot seekers, I never thought of it that way but it works perfectly.


I thought I was maybe being too dorky about that :lol:
The Rovers? The Adventurers? Locators? Shoot where’s my thesaurus ...

The Cruisers?


Love that! Yessss!
User avatar
Stargrave
News Staff
Posts: 662
News Credits: 111
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:26 pm
Location: California
Alt Mode: A left leg
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 1
Courage: 8
Firepower: 4
Skill: 2

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Stargrave » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:30 am

Motto: "It’s all the in the reflexes"
Weapon: Glass Gas Gun
Gemstonegemini wrote:This fella arrived on Wednesday morning, and I have some thoughts. So, I hope you all don't mind my rambling opinions on this guy.

Image

Overall, he's much better than I thought he'd be when he was first shown. I think my initial disappointment was due to my own mismanaged expectations towards him, namely, that he's not supposed to be a direct successor to the Original Cybertron toy, and instead he's a blend of that and G1 to bring him into the Generations styling.

That being said, I have my quibbles, and I'll briefly go over them now. Firstly, and let's not beat around the bush, the separate cab mode is pretty awful.

Image

It's by far the weakest mode, and it's understandable that a toy that does this much is going to have a mode that's lower on the priority list. But this cab isn't just passable, like POTP Orion Pax's was, but an active detriment, and makes me want to fiddle around with the inner figure less.

Image

Which is a shame because, despite this guy's odd proportions, I actually like it quite a lot. It has a strange chunky charm that I can't fully explain. It just appeals to me. It's robot mode is also surprisingly detailed and pose-able for something that most people probably will never display on it's own.

The fact is has things like a ball joint neck and ankle tilts took me by surprise, and there's a lot of paint here along with the sculpted details. This robot mode doesn't feel like a stepping stone like POTP Orion does, which is ironic, considering that in terms of pure utility, he's far more of a stepping stone than the former.

I also have to point out that I love the rotating spine piece that the bumper uses to form the backpack. It's just a pit that the cab on it's own is so poor, otherwise I'd be more positive.

Image

Thankfully, these complaints don't carry over to the combined modes, both of which are fantastic. This might just be the most gorgeous headsculpt I've seen on an Optimus Prime toy since Classics. It's just so imposing looking, and really captures the original look of the cartoon far better than the OG leader. The figure as a whole has such a presence. The painting and detailing is superb and I really appreciate that all weapons can be stores away on the back without cluttering the backpack further.

I only have one real criticism, and that is that I wish that the legs had sideways ratchets and the combined mode boots are rather heavy, which means the legs can;t hold certain poses, and he can occasionally be prone to doing the splits if put into a wide A-frame stance.

Otherwise, this guy is great, and I'm very happy I got him. If I didn't already own the classics, this toy would for sure be my new CHUG Prime.

Thanks for reading my rambling, and I'm sorry I'm so long winded. :oops:


Love this review I share so many of the same feelings dude. Hey I know I keep posting this but for a tad less chunk in his trunk you can slide that front grill/backpack off easy! Just rotate him 180 and it slides down down the open his cod piece all the way then over his flat belt buckle side. Shooop, no more caboose and it works for Magnus too bro.
User avatar
Stargrave
News Staff
Posts: 662
News Credits: 111
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:26 pm
Location: California
Alt Mode: A left leg
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 1
Courage: 8
Firepower: 4
Skill: 2

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Gemstonegemini » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:52 am

Weapon: High-Energy Particle Beam Rifle
00Stargrave00 wrote:
Gemstonegemini wrote:TL;DR >:oP


Love this review I share so many of the same feelings dude. Hey I know I keep posting this but for a tad less chunk in his trunk you can slide that front grill/backpack off easy! Just rotate him 180 and it slides down down the open his cod piece all the way then over his flat belt buckle side. Shooop, no more caboose and it works for Magnus too bro.


Thanks! :D I try to write the best reviews I can, and I'm always attempting to improve. And I really do have to gush about how cool the spine piece is. It's such a simple but clever piece of engineering that means the bumper doesn't have to sit on the butt. I hope we see more clever solutions like this in future.
;;)
User avatar
Gemstonegemini
Micromaster
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:45 am
Location: UK
Alt Mode: Lil jet
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Rank: 3
Courage: 5
Firepower: 4
Skill: 8

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby PushYouDown » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:54 am

ThunderThruster wrote:
00Stargrave00 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
00Stargrave00 wrote:
Skritz wrote:Aw yeah, its our boy Ratchet and he's looking...well, he looks good enough. Damn it Siege, stop making me like 1984 Autobots! :lol:


Dude you’re pooched, these are so cool!

Hey if you all could pick like 2 out of the 3: Prowl, Bluesteak, or Smokescreen, which would you pick? They’re like the Autobot Seekers. So cool.

I love that notion of autobot seekers, I never thought of it that way but it works perfectly.


I thought I was maybe being too dorky about that :lol:
The Rovers? The Adventurers? Locators? Shoot where’s my thesaurus ...

The Cruisers?


I'd go with "The Chasers"
PushYouDown
Mini-Con
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:40 pm
Buy from PushYouDown on eBay

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby william-james88 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:40 pm

Hey everyone, the wave 2 Siege voyagers took their super sweet time to get to local stores but I finally got Soundwave an Starscream and I 100% back up Shajaki's argument that Starscream is by far the better toy. There isn't much to the transformation but it works well and you get from a cool looking form to another. The legs at the bottom are compact enough that it just adds mass to the jet without it being all that terrible looking.

I have lots of problems with Soundwave though. They clearly favoured the robot mode in looks but I dont feel they did it enough. Like the forearms don't look good and its only to give some skis to the odd alt mode. It doesnt really add anything that would warrant not having cleaner forearms. The transformation is very complex for a result that looks ultra basic and the lamp mode isn't even the right looking one with the arms extended out. In a line where they try to be as G1 as possible, I find it odd they didnt retain the boom box alt mode or something similar instead of going for a "ship" that doesnt look right.

I of course needed a voyager sized soundwave in my collection so I am glad to have one but that's basically where the attraction for this toy starts and ends.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Admin
Posts: 24937
News Credits: 2437
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 02 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Decepticon Stinger" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Firefly Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #226 - Fire in the Sky
Twincast / Podcast #226:
"Fire in the Sky"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, July 7th, 2019

New Items on eBay

Buy "TRANSFORMERS AUTOBOT TWINFERNO 2016 TITANS RETURN GENERATIONS PRISTINE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Soundwave with Laserbeak" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Optimus Prime Soundwave Lot" on EBAY
Buy "***  TRANSFORMERS AGE OF EXTINCTION TAKARA STINGER *** EX CONDITION" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Jazz, price is per unit" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise RID TRU Exclusive Megatronus complete 2016" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Warrior Class Thunderhoof RID Hasbro Complete robots in disguise" on EBAY
Buy "Stormshot Transformers Robots in Disguise RID  Warrior Class Complete" on EBAY