This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

The Official Transformers: Robots In Disguise (Animated Series) Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: The Official Transformers: Robots In Disguise (Animated Series) Thread

Postby PrymeStriker » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:20 am

Motto: "When did I get this tattoo?"
Weapon: Thrust Gun
Okay, I just watched that Japanese ending sequence...

...the dancing alone had me chuckling a bit...

...but when Optimus jumped in and started dancing too, I couldn't. I just couldn't. I was dying. Laughing to tears. Just...I've gotta watch that again.
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 15
Alt Mode: An Enormous Red Rocket
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 1

Postby Darth Jumpy » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:59 am

The ending credits are great. More things should end in dance numbers.

That shadow really looked like it had Galvatron's crown, so that has gotten me more excited for the series. I just hope it isn't some random shadow they stuck in there.

As for my thoughts on the series, I liked it. I think all of the story hooks set up in the first 2 episodes are interesting, and I really hope all of them are followed up.

I kinda hope that RID Grimlock is a different guy than the FOC one. This is less because they act completely differently (not to mention belonging to different factions) and more because I want to see a Grimlock vs. Grimlock fight. I think that we may see an explanation like this somewhere, if not in the show, then maybe in some IDW project to keep their Prime comics in continuity.
Darth Jumpy
Mini-Con

Postby hinomars19 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:20 am

Motto: "never forget what you don't know"
Weapon: Blunt Force Battle Clubs
Sabrblade wrote:
hinomars19 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Madeus Prime wrote:Oooohhhkkaaaay....Well, almost as nutso as Gokaiger's ending theme
Japan does love silly ending sequences. :lol:

You say silly, I say fun :D
Who says "silly" can't be fun? :P

Touché, sir, touché. :D

Dead Metal wrote:Hasbro was talking out of their asses when they stated they'll have an overarching continuity.

I agree with pretty much everything you said, albeit I don't think (for me) the tone being different to Prime is what separates it. What irritates me in regards to it being a sequel is all the world building has been lost. Megatron erected a giant tower in the middle of a city, yet now humans still act unaware of the existence of Transformers, and we have to maintain the disguise shtick? This is clearly a marketing gimmick, both for the toys and the show. Aside from a few superficial allusions from 'Bee, from a marketing stand point, Hasbro wants this to read like a stand alone, so kids don't feel alienated. For all intents and purposes right now, this show might as well be a re-boot, and I'm tired of re-boots. (Prime being 'dead' notwithstanding, but still...)
As for the overarching continuity from Hasbro? They were talking out their arses from the start on that. For me, WFC was it's own entity, which shows with all the shoehorning and retconning FOC had to do. I've seen the discussions on this, and whilst you could argue timelines within a continuity (G1 for example had; sunbow cartoon, Japanese cartoon, Marvel, marvel UK, Japanese manga etc) It just doesn't feel like it applies here.
Hasbro are saying jump, thinking we'll ask how high. It's a thin veil they don't want us to admit we can see through. Continuity doesn't take much. You don't need mind bending sci-fi or Shakespearean writing to maintain a universe across platforms. They don't want to bother. This aligned thing is nothing more than another marketing gimmick aimed at us, because they know kids will neither notice nor care.
hinomars19
Targetmaster
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10+
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10+

Postby PrymeStriker » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:34 pm

Motto: "When did I get this tattoo?"
Weapon: Thrust Gun
hinomars19 wrote:Megatron erected a giant tower in the middle of a city,

No, he erected a giant tower by Autobot HQ in the middle of a desert. Jasper was evacuated before any civilians could see Darkmount.

yet now humans still act unaware of the existence of Transformers,

Crown City, near where Russel and Denny live, is likely states away from Jasper, Nevada. How would they know/care about the kept-under-wraps events of a terribly low-populated truck stop? >:oP

and we have to maintain the disguise shtick?

Yes, because out of the billions of people on the planet, there are under twenty that have ever seen a Cybertronian.

This is clearly a marketing gimmick, both for the toys and the show.

Get used to it. Robots in Disguise has been the franchise gimmick for 30 years. :roll:

Aside from a few superficial allusions from 'Bee, from a marketing stand point, Hasbro wants this to read like a stand alone, so kids don't feel alienated. For all intents and purposes right now, this show might as well be a re-boot, and I'm tired of re-boots. (Prime being 'dead' notwithstanding, but still...)

inb4 characters from Prime returning in season two...
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 15
Alt Mode: An Enormous Red Rocket
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Skill: 1

Postby kaijuguy19 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:59 pm

hinomars19 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Madeus Prime wrote:Oooohhhkkaaaay....Well, almost as nutso as Gokaiger's ending theme

Seems to be an ominous shadowy figure behind the cons there. Would that be the'boss' Terrashock tried to contact?
Y'know what I'd like? If this show gave us a Decepticon leader like Skrash. These obscure leaders and names need some love.

I've never heard of Skrash. I've tried looking him up but I can't find any page that describes him. What kind of character is he?

Dead Metal wrote:So I decided to watch the two pilot parts.

As a stand alone show it's OK, looks fun, but as the follow up to TFPrime it sucks.

The animation is still incredibly ugly and choppy, it looks like one of those poopy Steam games people play on youtube. The frame-rate is atrocious and the cell shading effect looks more like it's supposed to hide crappy low grade models and a nonexistent budget rather than an actual style.

Looking at the animation at RID15 I think it's actually cool if you accept it for what it is. It's trying to go a style that's similar to that of Tron Uprising which I think in some respect it does rather well in capturing a cell shaded look. I know it's not to be appealing to everyone but I like it all the same.

Dead Metal wrote:The world and comedy absolutely do not fit in with the feel and atmosphere of Prime. The writing is OK, not as good as Prime, but serviceable. Again, as a stand alone show it's OK, but the fact that this is supposed to be the follow up to Prime just drags it down.

I don't get this. This is a show about Bumblebee's role and arc as being a leader and Bee's normally known to have a friendly light hearted character so why shouldn't the show reflect that? The reason why Prime has a more dark tone was because Optimus is a much more serious minded character that's been through a lot during the war. Bee despite being in the war doesn't have the same personalty and characteristics as Optimus and really he shouldn't be. I can understand this reaction more had Prime suddenly took on a more light hearted approach during it's production but it didn't. I say it's good that RID15 isn't as dark because it wants to be it's own thing despite being connected to Prime.

Dead Metal wrote:Grimlock should be renamed, that's not Grimlock, not only does he share no visuals cues (other than maybe the shoulders) with Aligned Grimlock, but he is a completely separate character. Yeah, sure he's a "Dinobot", but he doesn't fit his depiction in FOC or the Prime comics. In those he's an angry warrior who has problems thinking straight, and never backs down, someone who's life's been completely ruined and devastated and can'T go back. This guy here, is a more kid-friendly and toned down DBZ Abridged Goku. He's too cheerful and friendly, and not as violent or determined.

Seeing as how FOC Grimlock's story ended in FOC who's to say that somehow before RID15 Grimlock lost his memories and got some upgrades and somehow got recruited as a Decepticon before the events of RID15 where he became an Autobot again? The show didn't explain yet where Grimlock came from so the history I've mentioned is possible.

Dead Metal wrote:Sideswipe also does not fit with his previous incarnation.

What was Sideswipe's previous incarnation in the Aligned universe like exactly? Because I don't recall him doing much other then in FOC being a pilot. Also there's a possiblity of RID15 Sideswipe just sharing his name which is pretty common in IDW.
kaijuguy19
Minibot
Watch kaijuguy19 on YouTube

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:14 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
kaijuguy19 wrote:
hinomars19 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Seems to be an ominous shadowy figure behind the cons there. Would that be the'boss' Terrashock tried to contact?
Y'know what I'd like? If this show gave us a Decepticon leader like Skrash. These obscure leaders and names need some love.

I've never heard of Skrash. I've tried looking him up but I can't find any page that describes him.
That's because his name was misspelled. :P - http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Scrash_(OC)

kaijuguy19 wrote:Seeing as how FOC Grimlock's story ended in FOC who's to say that somehow before RID15 Grimlock lost his memories and got some upgrades and somehow got recruited as a Decepticon before the events of RID15 where he became an Autobot again? The show didn't explain yet where Grimlock came from so the history I've mentioned is possible.
While I agree that we should wait and be patient to see what kind of story this show will tell about Grimlock, the Grimlock that we saw in FOC didn't have his story end in that game. His story continued in the Rage of the Dinobots and Beast Hunters comics, in which we saw him live all the way to the present day of the Prime cartoon, and even saw him reunite with Team Prime after the events of Predacons Rising. But since we do have the author of those comics, Mairghread Scott, also working as part of the production team of this show, we'll just have to wait and see what will become of Grimlock in this show.

kaijuguy19 wrote:

What was Sideswipe's previous incarnation in the Aligned universe like exactly? Because I don't recall him doing much other then in FOC being a pilot.
Sideswipe was also in WFC, in which he was pretty much like his RID counterpart, but less of a delinquent and more of a wise guy. Though, in the games, Sideswipe acted like he was older than Bumblebee, while this show, Sideswipe is said to be younger than Bumblebee. So either Bee aged faster than Sideswipe, or this could be a new Sideswipe born from the Well after Predacons Rising.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby hinomars19 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:10 pm

PrymeStriker wrote:

No, he erected a giant tower by Autobot HQ in the middle of a desert. Jasper was evacuated before any civilians could see Darkmount.

Crown City, near where Russel and Denny live, is likely states away from Jasper, Nevada. How would they know/care about the kept-under-wraps events of a terribly low-populated truck stop? >:oP

Yes, because out of the billions of people on the planet, there are under twenty that have ever seen a Cybertronian.

Get used to it. Robots in Disguise has been the franchise gimmick for 30 years. :roll:

Aside from a few superficial allusions from 'Bee, from a marketing stand point, Hasbro wants this to read like a stand alone, so kids don't feel alienated. For all intents and purposes right now, this show might as well be a re-boot, and I'm tired of re-boots. (Prime being 'dead' notwithstanding, but still...)

Whoops, yes messed up on the tower thing. You are right, everything you've said makes sense, but where is the fun in that?
I couldn't care less if he erected it in the darkest corner of area 51, after all the events of Prime it is boring and tirelessly repetitive to keep insisting people don't know these giant robots are on their planet in a continued universe. I'm tired of this franchise running back to it's roots every ten minutes. Every few years, sure, the original RiD toyline did it, the movie verse did it, unicron trilogy etc, but that's reboots. RID isn't a reboot, so how about mixing it up a bit? Just because it makes sense doesn't mean they can't be creative now, does it?

And I don't need to 'get used to it' G1 survived and that broke the disguises within it's first 2 seasons. The movie universe have kept the disguise thing working even in a world fully aware of cybertronians. Being in disguise works, yes it's great for being incognito for missions or certain situations, it worked for Soundwave in DOTM even though TF's were common knowledge at that point-but to keep banging it's head against the same frickin' wall of 'oh no, hide from the humans....shhhh, they don't know we're here...' Really? In a series that follows the events of a giant metal dragon flying around? Jasper, Nevada may not be the center of the world, but surely it can't be kept THAT secret??

Everything you've said makes sense, but I don't agree it needs to stick to it like glue. It's one of the things that really, really irritates me about the show so far. Can't we meet a human that knows of these guys? Maybe saw a blurry pic in a newspaper, or a news broadcast about the events in the dessert? To be so blissfully unaware....that's not good world building. Maybe it's'accurate' given the evidence, but it's sure as hell ain't interesting writing. You could have said the exact same thing about Armada, but Energon chose to go with common sense and said within the ten year gap the world we saw in Armada evolved due to the existence of these beings being on the planet.
I stick by what I said, blatant, lazy, boring marketing gimmick. The world they should be building is being reset to it's foundations every other brick they lay. Pointless.

I'm not asking for Jack, Miko and Raf to come running in just to prove it's a sequel. But Dead Metal is right, this thing is too dis-separate. And we know why, because Hasbro knows it doesn't have to try. People will defend what they say as gospel regardless, tie any thread they can together no matter how flimsy just so Hasbro can still be believed. We all know RID is a sequel to Prime, but would it kill them to keep that feeling in their product regardless?
Grimlock already exists in the aligned universe, but they don't care. They threw the name at a T-rex because marketing. AOE is still fresh in people's minds and they ditch character and world building for cheap cash grabs. 'Grimlock' could've been named anything (I get the RiD reference, btw) a truly new character could've been made. Now he's just stuck under the stigma of a pointless, irrelevant to his very self, name. Can these 'inconsistencies' be reconciled? Probably.(hoorah for IDW) But that's not really an excuse, to be fair, not when you claim your mission is to build a universe or continuity.
hinomars19
Targetmaster

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:15 pm

Except Energon never showed ordinary civilians to be aware of the TFs. Only certain humans involved with the government were working with them at the Cybertron Cities, all of which were set up in the most remote, uninhabited locations. That show never took its action into ordinary settings, confining itself to just the Cybertron Cities, space, Cybertron, and other planets.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby psj333 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:24 pm

Sabrblade, upon reading the synopsis for episode #13 "Out of Focus", this episode was supposed to be a debut of a Decepticon crab called, Clampdown, based upon screening the clip at 1905.com But according to the TFWiki.net site, it says that while Bumblebee is pursuing a bunch of Decepticon hoodlums, Optimus warns him of a much bigger threat to Earth and Cybertron. That threat is none other than the Decepticon skunk, Stench (hopefully Hasbro will get to use this name as the official American name for the skunk). That is episode #14, and not #13. Was the episode mistakenly labelled, or that Hasbro chooses to air #14 instead of #13? :CON:
psj333
Combiner

Postby hinomars19 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:42 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Except Energon never showed ordinary civilians to be aware of the TFs. Only certain humans involved with the government were working with them at the Cybertron Cities, all of which were set up in the most remote, uninhabited locations. That show never took its action into ordinary settings, confining itself to just the Cybertron Cities, space, Cybertron, and other planets.

But at least it introduced and involved new human characters, admitting that the knowledge of the existence of Cybertronians branched out beyond Alexis, Carlos and Rad. And the whole Energon grid, plus Alexis becoming an ambassador between the 2 species as part of the Earth federation shows that the events of Armada had an impact on the world in universe, thus building said universe. Maybe civilians don't know the whole story, but how would you completely blank the existence of said cybertron cities? I've never seen a Sasquatch, find it hard to believe it exists, but if one turned up in my backyard, I wouldn't be like 'whoah, what are you?' It'd be more 'hey, maybe you're that Sasquatch thing...) The happenings of Jasper couldn't even spin an urban myth or 2?
I guess my gripe is less about continuity as a literal beast, and more that this 'universe' really hasn't gone anywhere, or is almost feeling like it is going backwards.

And sorry about the mis-spelling of Scrash. Maybe if he wasn't so obscure a guy would remember the spelling! ;)
Last edited by hinomars19 on Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hinomars19
Targetmaster

Postby hinomars19 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:46 pm

double post! Sorry! #-o
hinomars19
Targetmaster

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:11 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Hino, I can see where you are coming from but I think from what we've heard that season 2 will be the big one that ties everything together better. As for the grimlock thing considering the writer who worked on grimlocks aligned comics is working on this show, I think the answer will be given, we'll just have to be patient. A hard skill with us tf fans I know :)

Oh and the idea about everyone knowing? Like the government would let that happen, they work pretty hard to spread false information and discrediting videos. think realistically, what would happen if someone leaked a video showing aliens ;)
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby kaijuguy19 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:16 pm

hinomars19 wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:

Whoops, yes messed up on the tower thing. You are right, everything you've said makes sense, but where is the fun in that?
I couldn't care less if he erected it in the darkest corner of area 51, after all the events of Prime it is boring and tirelessly repetitive to keep insisting people don't know these giant robots are on their planet in a continued universe. I'm tired of this franchise running back to it's roots every ten minutes. Every few years, sure, the original RiD toyline did it, the movie verse did it, unicron trilogy etc, but that's reboots. RID isn't a reboot, so how about mixing it up a bit? Just because it makes sense doesn't mean they can't be creative now, does it?

And I don't need to 'get used to it' G1 survived and that broke the disguises within it's first 2 seasons. The movie universe have kept the disguise thing working even in a world fully aware of cybertronians. Being in disguise works, yes it's great for being incognito for missions or certain situations, it worked for Soundwave in DOTM even though TF's were common knowledge at that point-but to keep banging it's head against the same frickin' wall of 'oh no, hide from the humans....shhhh, they don't know we're here...' Really? In a series that follows the events of a giant metal dragon flying around? Jasper, Nevada may not be the center of the world, but surely it can't be kept THAT secret??

Everything you've said makes sense, but I don't agree it needs to stick to it like glue. It's one of the things that really, really irritates me about the show so far. Can't we meet a human that knows of these guys? Maybe saw a blurry pic in a newspaper, or a news broadcast about the events in the dessert? To be so blissfully unaware....that's not good world building. Maybe it's'accurate' given the evidence, but it's sure as hell ain't interesting writing. You could have said the exact same thing about Armada, but Energon chose to go with common sense and said within the ten year gap the world we saw in Armada evolved due to the existence of these beings being on the planet.
I stick by what I said, blatant, lazy, boring marketing gimmick. The world they should be building is being reset to it's foundations every other brick they lay. Pointless.

I'm not asking for Jack, Miko and Raf to come running in just to prove it's a sequel. But Dead Metal is right, this thing is too dis-separate. And we know why, because Hasbro knows it doesn't have to try. People will defend what they say as gospel regardless, tie any thread they can together no matter how flimsy just so Hasbro can still be believed. We all know RID is a sequel to Prime, but would it kill them to keep that feeling in their product regardless?
Grimlock already exists in the aligned universe, but they don't care. They threw the name at a T-rex because marketing. AOE is still fresh in people's minds and they ditch character and world building for cheap cash grabs. 'Grimlock' could've been named anything (I get the RiD reference, btw) a truly new character could've been made. Now he's just stuck under the stigma of a pointless, irrelevant to his very self, name. Can these 'inconsistencies' be reconciled? Probably.(hoorah for IDW) But that's not really an excuse, to be fair, not when you claim your mission is to build a universe or continuity.

The show stated that it's been years since the events of Prime took place like either ten years at the most so at that point I think the events at Jasper as been presented as an urban myth at best which makes sense actually. As for Grimlock's role on the show we still don't know a lot about why he's so different from what we know in the Aligined universe yet and since the writer of both the Rage of the Dinobots and the Beast Hunter comics from IDW is on board it's likely she'll give us an explanation why he is as well as why Sideswipe is different. Like maybe they are seperate character from the ones from FOC and they just share the same name which is an idea explored in IDW so why not in the Prime universe? There's also the idea to consider that since WFC and FOC along with Prime share a lot of the same concepts,ideas and elements with each other they also went into different directions despite having the same basic beginnings on Cybertron like how both the Sunbow G1 show and the G1 comics have some notable differences from each other despite sharing a lot of elements so in that regard RID15's not ditching continuity as it's really following what Prime left off which Prime itself had some differences from WFC and FOC.
kaijuguy19
Minibot
Watch kaijuguy19 on YouTube

Postby hinomars19 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:50 pm

ZeroWolf wrote:Hino, I can see where you are coming from but I think from what we've heard that season 2 will be the big one that ties everything together better. As for the grimlock thing considering the writer who worked on grimlocks aligned comics is working on this show, I think the answer will be given, we'll just have to be patient. A hard skill with us tf fans I know :)

Oh and the idea about everyone knowing? Like the government would let that happen, they work pretty hard to spread false information and discrediting videos. think realistically, what would happen if someone leaked a video showing aliens ;)

Well, yeah I could be jumping the gun. But it just feels it should have grabbed me more than it has. I'm not looking for a spoon fed explanation. If season 2 gives one well fair enough, but that's not what it's missing to me :-(
And I don't know if we should count on Scott giving any word on Grimlock and Grimlock. She may have written 'Rage' for IDW, but she is writing under the constraints of the TV show here; plus, Rid15 is a continuation of Prime's TV Universe. FOC Grimlock never appeared on the TV show, so I highly doubt it will go out of it's way to reconcile what is essentially a video game and comic book not perceived to have been viewed by it's target audience. To Hasbro, as far as the show is concerned, it's a non issue. The fact is the big green dude just needed a different name. Sometimes simple works :D

kaijuguy19 wrote:There's also the idea to consider that since WFC and FOC along with Prime share a lot of the same concepts,ideas and elements with each other they also went into different directions despite having the same basic beginnings on Cybertron like how both the Sunbow G1 show and the G1 comics have some notable differences from each other despite sharing a lot of elements so in that regard RID15's not ditching continuity as it's really following what Prime left off which Prime itself had some differences from WFC and FOC.

Already covered that, comrade;
hinomars19 wrote:As for the overarching continuity from Hasbro? They were talking out their arses from the start on that. For me, WFC was it's own entity, which shows with all the shoehorning and retconning FOC had to do. I've seen the discussions on this, and whilst you could argue timelines within a continuity (G1 for example had; sunbow cartoon, Japanese cartoon, Marvel, marvel UK, Japanese manga etc) It just doesn't feel like it applies here.

Aligned is just a mess to me. WFC/FOC, novels, IDW comics, Prime TV show; It's as transparent as glass. When Furman wrote a Marvel issue he wasn't trying to tie up loose ends or fill a hole in the cartoon. Each version had it's own universe, but at the core G1 was the same. Characters had the same look, the same style, etc. WFC/ FOC have too much of a change of style, atmosphere. If Hasbro didn't tell you to think so, would you consider WFC Optimus and 'Prime' Optimus to be the same character? I then ask the same question of G1. I may not have a solid argument, but I just can't accept Aligned.

I'm not refuting RiD15 follows the Prime show...but sometimes you gotta show, not tell. The Earth 'Bee dropped onto in the pilot episode just doesn't feel like the one he left in Beast Hunters. Maybe I was wrong earlier, maybe it is the tone and atmosphere of the 2 shows being drastically different that's getting in the way. But I do genuinely feel, regardless of all the good points raised, it wouldn't hurt for humanity in this show to be a little less clueless. For the sake of evolving the story and it's world if nothing else. :HEADHURTS:
hinomars19
Targetmaster

Postby Madeus Prime » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:53 pm

Motto: "Rule #45 of the Madeus Handbook: Timey wimey is an adequate term for scienc-y stuff."
Sabrblade wrote:
hinomars19 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Who says "silly" can't be fun? :P

Yes, yes, you just saw fruit based superheroes. And I watch this stuff.
Madeus Prime art credited to SillySpringer
Madeus Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 23
Strength: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Courage: 6

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:55 pm

Regarding the atmospheric and tonal differences between Prime and RID, Rescue Bots is drastically different in tone and atmosphere from Prime, yet it's still regarded to take place in the same world and at the same time as Prime. Why, a season 2 episode of Rescue Bots had its ending serve as a direct lead-in to the Prime season 2 episode "Nemesis Prime".

That episode of Prime had Optimus returning to base from a mission to a subterranean energon deposit, and the Rescue Bots episode that tied into showed us the events of that exact mission he was on before his returning to base.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:33 pm

Looks like Optimus ain't the only known character who got the honor of having his own statue:

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Flashwave » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:11 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Sabrblade wrote:Looks like Optimus ain't the only known character who got the honor of having his own statue:

Whoa, nice catch. Wonder if that's intentional to the story, (Since Megs was able to resist Unicron) or if they said "We need a filler. Well, let's use Megatron's body as a template. No one will notice."

Or he could be Megatronus of the original 13 and they just used Unicron megatron cause why reinvent the wheel.
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9

Postby Dead Metal » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:07 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
kaijuguy19 wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:So I decided to watch the two pilot parts.

As a stand alone show it's OK, looks fun, but as the follow up to TFPrime it sucks.

The animation is still incredibly ugly and choppy, it looks like one of those poopy Steam games people play on youtube. The frame-rate is atrocious and the cell shading effect looks more like it's supposed to hide crappy low grade models and a nonexistent budget rather than an actual style.

Looking at the animation at RID15 I think it's actually cool if you accept it for what it is. It's trying to go a style that's similar to that of Tron Uprising which I think in some respect it does rather well in capturing a cell shaded look. I know it's not to be appealing to everyone but I like it all the same.

I don't think it tried to get this as its style, the cell shaded look is so poor that I believe it's due to budget constraints. This way they can use crappy low detail models that don't even transform. On top of that the animation is really choppy, something that if this was an actual style wouldn't be necessary. I've seen this kind of cell shading look too many times in low quality games to not be cynical about it. I could accept it more, if it wasn't so choppy, the choppiness of the animation just makes it look even worse.

kaijuguy19 wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:The world and comedy absolutely do not fit in with the feel and atmosphere of Prime. The writing is OK, not as good as Prime, but serviceable. Again, as a stand alone show it's OK, but the fact that this is supposed to be the follow up to Prime just drags it down.

I don't get this. This is a show about Bumblebee's role and arc as being a leader and Bee's normally known to have a friendly light hearted character so why shouldn't the show reflect that? The reason why Prime has a more dark tone was because Optimus is a much more serious minded character that's been through a lot during the war. Bee despite being in the war doesn't have the same personalty and characteristics as Optimus and really he shouldn't be. I can understand this reaction more had Prime suddenly took on a more light hearted approach during it's production but it didn't. I say it's good that RID15 isn't as dark because it wants to be it's own thing despite being connected to Prime.

It has nothing to do with it being focused on Bumblebee or Optimus, BB had plenty of episodes that focused on him, as well as being the defacto leader in Predacons Rising. And none of those instances had RID's tone, in fact they were some of the darker ones. Prime also didn't really focus on Optimus Prime, each character had episodes that focused on them, BB having the most because he was the link to the youngest character.
This BB had his voice box destroyed, his TCog ripped out and destroyed, confronted Megatron on multiple occasions, got brutally shot to death, came back to life and offed Megatron. This BB wasn't a juvenile guy like Animated BB was. In fact Prime even pointed out how deeply scared this BB is.

kaijuguy19 wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:Grimlock should be renamed, that's not Grimlock, not only does he share no visuals cues (other than maybe the shoulders) with Aligned Grimlock, but he is a completely separate character. Yeah, sure he's a "Dinobot", but he doesn't fit his depiction in FOC or the Prime comics. In those he's an angry warrior who has problems thinking straight, and never backs down, someone who's life's been completely ruined and devastated and can'T go back. This guy here, is a more kid-friendly and toned down DBZ Abridged Goku. He's too cheerful and friendly, and not as violent or determined.

Seeing as how FOC Grimlock's story ended in FOC who's to say that somehow before RID15 Grimlock lost his memories and got some upgrades and somehow got recruited as a Decepticon before the events of RID15 where he became an Autobot again? The show didn't explain yet where Grimlock came from so the history I've mentioned is possible.

As it's been pointed out, he was in the comics that took place during the Prime cartoon, and in those he actually ruled over a city and had people all over Cybertron coming to him seeking for his help.

kaijuguy19 wrote:

What was Sideswipe's previous incarnation in the Aligned universe like exactly? Because I don't recall him doing much other then in FOC being a pilot. Also there's a possiblity of RID15 Sideswipe just sharing his name which is pretty common in IDW.

[/quote]
He was one of the main characters of a level in WFC, he even pointed out how he was older than BB, whom he then gave the nickname Bee. Here he comes across as a reckless teen whose younger than BB, whom he only knows because he gets himself arrested.
As for it being a different character, unlikely.
One this is not IDW, so that being common there has zero effect on this, in fact looking at Grimlock, not even the comics that are supposed to be in continuity with this show are factored into this. Heck, this just proves the point I made ages ago, that the idw Prime comics are worthless since they (just like the prequel graphic novel) will just be ignored or retconned. And just like with the GN, it's the person that wrote the comic that's doing it.

On top of that, Hasbro has already proven to us that all the characters who have G1 names, are ancient. The Covenant of Primus brings them all up and how long they've existed, heck Perceptor's responsible for the way Cybertron looks! Nobody in this universe ages or matures, the book even describes Ratchet as being old and cranky way before the war started, in fact the way the book is written, it's likely he was born old and cranky.

The longer this "Continuity" goes on, the more it becomes apparent that Hasbro doesn't know what Continuity means, heck, this Aligned universe is even less coherent than the Star Wars Expanded Universe.

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby Shadowman » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:20 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Dead Metal wrote:The longer this "Continuity" goes on, the more it becomes apparent that Hasbro doesn't know what Continuity means, heck, this Aligned universe is even less coherent than the Star Wars Expanded Universe.

Aligned is one solid contradiction away from having the same sort of continuity as Final Fantasy. That is, totally unconnected outside of minor references and a metaphysical link that's only rarely brought up.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 2

Transformers: Robots In Disguise Episodes on iTunes, Keving Manthei Score Tracks for Free

Postby Va'al » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:47 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Still trying to find a good catch-up version of the new Transformers: Robots in Disguise animated series? Good news: iTunes has just made the first two episodes available on their website - with the first one showing for free and only $2.99 for the second one!

If you have seen the two episodes, and are looking for some of the sweet tunes playing during them, composer Kevin Manthei is your man. He has uploaded two tracks from the show so far to his personal Tumblr to stream freely: Welcome to Earth and Running from Underbite. Click on the links to give them a listen!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby NuclearConvoy » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:29 am

Sabrblade wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:I doubt I'll ever be able to watch RID at it's usual time, but CN has put it up on it's on demand hub so I was able to watch part 1 of the pilot. Not bad, I can't judge the series yet because nothing has really happened. All I can hope is for an increase in views of the toys. I also hope that those of you watching it online are also going to watch the episodes as they air, you're only hurting the brand if you don't.
If I had cable again, I would (we lost it).

I can't afford cable, and none of the websites that I know of that stream the show legally and for free work for me in Canada.

Plus the shows are being effective at marketing to me, convincing me to buy Steeljaw so far and I'm on the verge of buying Grimlock. If the shows truly exist to sell the toys, then all Hasbro need do to get my money is to release Warrior-class figures of all the Decepticons from the show and I will be dumping 20$ a pop on them (Yeah, in Canada at TRU the RID2015 warrior-class figures are 19.99 before tax). I don't think that us (the adult fanbase) are going to cut much of their profit away if we watch it illegally as opposed to legally, since they don't really expect us to be watching on CartoonNetwork at 6am, furthermore, we are also likely to buy the figures even without the TV show selling the characters to us (as it has become part of our identity as collectors)

Now, on a separate note, Someone mentioned the FOC Dinobots being in the Prime comics fighting the Predacons? Is that worth reading?

Oh, and speaking of Predacons in Prime, it does sort of confuse me that they can link the Prime plot to this plot and sudden;y have like dozens of different kinds of animalistic Decepticon subspecies and yet, in the Prime cartoon, it seemed absolutely baffling to them that any Cybertronian life could have been so animalistic...
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster

Postby Dead Metal » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:33 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
NuclearConvoy wrote:Now, on a separate note, Someone mentioned the FOC Dinobots being in the Prime comics fighting the Predacons? Is that worth reading?

It's an OK comic, nothing to write home about, but not terrible. It's basically what you want from a comic. But I wouldn't bother, since as we know, not even the creators care for it.

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:20 pm

NuclearConvoy wrote:Oh, and speaking of Predacons in Prime, it does sort of confuse me that they can link the Prime plot to this plot and sudden;y have like dozens of different kinds of animalistic Decepticon subspecies and yet, in the Prime cartoon, it seemed absolutely baffling to them that any Cybertronian life could have been so animalistic...
Cybertron was a dead world by the time of Prime, so it's couldn't support a whole host of wildlife by that point. The only fauna that we saw to still be alive on the planet were a bunch of Scraplets and at least one Insecticon. Though, Arcee, did mention "vermin", suggesting there could have been other creepy crawlies roaming the planet at the time, but not many.

But after the planet was revived, it was hospitable again and could support life once more, including Cybertronian animals.

And there was Soundwave's avian Minicon Deployer Laserbeak in the show, too.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby NuclearConvoy » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:51 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
NuclearConvoy wrote:Oh, and speaking of Predacons in Prime, it does sort of confuse me that they can link the Prime plot to this plot and sudden;y have like dozens of different kinds of animalistic Decepticon subspecies and yet, in the Prime cartoon, it seemed absolutely baffling to them that any Cybertronian life could have been so animalistic...
Cybertron was a dead world by the time of Prime, so it's couldn't support a whole host of wildlife by that point. The only fauna that we saw to still be alive on the planet were a bunch of Scraplets and at least one Insecticon. Though, Arcee, did mention "vermin", suggesting there could have been other creepy crawlies roaming the planet at the time, but not many.

But after the planet was revived, it was hospitable again and could support life once more, including Cybertronian animals.

And there was Soundwave's avian Minicon Deployer Laserbeak in the show, too.

Sure, but then how much farther in the future is this supposed to be set? Or, alternatively, how long have these Decepticons been kept in stasis in prison? etc.

If we take this as a completely new series that only throws odd references to the past at the viewer then it doesn't matter, but if it is a true sequel to Prime and WFC/FOC then it is truly confusing.

Am I asking too much from Children's programming? Possibly.
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WAR DAWN ERIAL + DION Transformers Legacy Evolution 2-Pack Hasbro 2023 New"
WAR DAWN ERIAL + D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUZZSAW Transformers Legacy Deluxe Beast Wars Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
BUZZSAW Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANIMATED BUMBLEBEE Transformers Legacy United Deluxe Class Hasbro 2024 New"
ANIMATED BUMBLEBEE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K28 GALVATRON fixed shoulders Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader 2021"
WFC-K28 GALVATRON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K35 TIGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K35 TIGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LIFT-TICKET Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2022 New"
LIFT-TICKET Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLUDGEON Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Hasbro 2023 New"
BLUDGEON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHRAPNEL Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe G1 Universe Insecticon 2023 240224"
SHRAPNEL Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K22 DRACODON Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
NEW!
WFC-K22 DRACODON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CRANKCASE Transformers Legacy Deluxe Class Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
CRANKCASE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CHEETOR Transformers Legacy United Core Beast Machines Hasbro 2024 New"
NEW!
CHEETOR Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K33 SLAMMER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
NEW!
WFC-K33 SLAMMER Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEAD END Transformers Legacy Deluxe Stunticon Menasor Hasbro 2022 New"
DEAD END Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEVCON Transformers Legacy Evolution TL-44 Deluxe Takara Tomy 2023 New"
NEW!
DEVCON Transformer ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Liege Maximo Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Firefly Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Octone and Murk" on AMAZON