This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby Shocked » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:22 pm

Well this is my 1st post here.

I saw AOE today and I am not sure what to think of it. For the most part I liked it, and will probably buy it in one form or another when it comes out. I would probably had enjoyed it more if the theater had better seats, and the guy next to me wasn't checking Facebook every 5 minutes. There were only 20 people or so, and him and his woman sits right next to me and my wife.

So far I like it here, and I hope to post more :)
Shocked
Mini-Con

Postby VirusCarnage » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:53 pm

Motto: "I'll kill you!"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
I personally think that people hate the TF movies because it's 'cool' to hate them and because critics like to crap on Michael Bay.

On a more positive note AoE is #1 on the 2014 Box Office charts!

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/yearly/cha ... 014&p=.htm
Last edited by VirusCarnage on Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VirusCarnage
Targetmaster
News Credits: 25
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Postby Shocked » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:35 pm

VirusCarnage wrote:I personally think that people hate the TF movies because it's 'cool' to hate them and because critics like to crap on Michael Bay.

On a more positive not AoE is #1 on the 2014 Box Office charts!

I agree too. I know once I see it again it will grow on me, watch it over and over, and have my wife get sick of me lol
Shocked
Mini-Con

Postby Sub-Prime » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:45 pm

Wow!!! In 17 days Transformers 4 has overtaked every single movie for 2014! What's even funny is the movie has another month and a half to go! I know this will make the haters real mad and I love to see their anger control them..lol
Sub-Prime
Minibot

Postby Sub-Prime » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:48 pm

Another thing I find interesting is that with so much hate this franchise has endured and with 4 movies it has generated 3.4 Billion dollars and counting, you have to wonder if the movie was made by someone the critics loved would it hit 4 Billion plus for 4 movies.
Sub-Prime
Minibot

Postby SlyTF1 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:02 pm

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Sword
VirusCarnage wrote:I personally think that people hate the TF movies because it's 'cool' to hate them and because critics like to crap on Michael Bay.

That's exactly what it is. Especially with AOE. It fixed everything that everyone complained about with the first 3, and they still love to attack it. All they ever say is that it's "long and loud." And the people who have tried to explain why the movie was "dumb" or "stupid," I've been able to disprove them. None of them ever said a word back to me about it. Even a professional.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
News Credits: 37
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Postby Shocked » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:03 pm

Not sure if this was talked about, but what happened to the main humans from the last 3 movies?
Shocked
Mini-Con

Postby Burn » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:12 pm

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
SlyTF1 wrote:

That's exactly what it is. Especially with AOE. It fixed everything that everyone complained about with the first 3, and they still love to attack it. All they ever say is that it's "long and loud." And the people who have tried to explain why the movie was "dumb" or "stupid," I've been able to disprove them. None of them ever said a word back to me about it. Even a professional.

It was too long.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby SlyTF1 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:13 pm

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Sword
Shocked wrote:Not sure if this was talked about, but what happened to the main humans from the last 3 movies?

They probably got killed.

Burn wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:

It was too long.

If you ask me, it wasn't long enough.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
News Credits: 37
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9

Postby Sub-Prime » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:19 pm

I felt it could've been 10 minutes more longer at best to try to give a little more explanation on certain plot points to the people that can't read between the lines.
Sub-Prime
Minibot

Postby Evil_the_Nub » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:52 pm

Motto: "Feel free to die when you've had enough."
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Burn wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:

It was too long.

The Lord of the Rings movies are just as long, if not longer, and they're some of the most highly praised movies of all time. Gone with the Wind is even longer. Why do the critics suddenly have a problem with a movie being too long?

It's been this way since the first movie, everything they complain about there's a movie out there that's far worse, but higher rated. They don't like the humor, but loved Ted. They don't like the shaky came, but Cloverfield was good. Some things they complain about just don't make any logical sense. Like too much action, in an action movie? That's like giving a comedy a bad review because it's too funny.

It's just a bunch of high school level social circle bullshit. Michael Bay is the most popular guy in school and the critics are the nerds in the AV club who just can't stand him for no real reason.
NewFoundStarscreamLuv wrote:me and my friends combine all the time. Sometimes I even combine by myself if no one is around.
Evil_the_Nub
Gestalt
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 3
Skill: 9

Postby Sub-Prime » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:06 pm

Evil_the_Nub wrote:
Burn wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:

It was too long.

The Lord of the Rings movies are just as long, if not longer, and they're some of the most highly praised movies of all time. Gone with the Wind is even longer. Why do the critics suddenly have a problem with a movie being too long?

It's been this way since the first movie, everything they complain about there's a movie out there that's far worse, but higher rated. They don't like the humor, but loved Ted. They don't like the shaky came, but Cloverfield was good. Some things they complain about just don't make any logical sense. Like too much action, in an action movie? That's like giving a comedy a bad review because it's too funny.

It's just a bunch of high school level social circle bullshit. Michael Bay is the most popular guy in school and the critics are the nerds in the AV club who just can't stand him for no real reason.

My favorite post! I'm glad some folks have seen the critics BS that I have noticed for a while.
Sub-Prime
Minibot

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:25 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
I personally don't think the runtime was too long. Well, it really depends on the movie. Many years ago when I was watching Revenge of the Sith, I kept staring at my watch waiting for the finale, and wishing I could fast-forward through Hayden Christensen's "acting" like I could with a DVD. Same thing with ROTF.

That didn't happen with AOE. Whatever it was, it certainly wasn't boring.

They'd better fully explain the knights thing in TF5, though.
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt
News Credits: 1
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+

Postby Sub-Prime » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:33 pm

Let me see if I can find a few of them that critics bitch about.

1. Micheal Bay showed ass shots in TF films? Ok we're not gonna talk about how Avengers had a nice as shot of Black Widow that wasn't mentioned as a negative.

2. Micheal Bay likes pretty women in his movies only? So every chick in other movies are all down right ugly then.

3. Women wear skimpy stuff in his movies? A lot of women wear skimpy stuff in real life and in other movies that the same critics don't complain about.

4. All I see is explosions!explosions! and too much destruction? Why yes of course the Transformers aren't regular men fighting martial arts. They are big giant robots with futuristic weaponry for fighting.

5. Incoherent plot? Yet numerous folks understood what was going on.

6. Unlikable characters? I actually liked Cade, Harold,Joshua,Tessa and Savoy's characters. 5/6 main characters.

7.Micheal Bay believes in statutory rape? Smdh with this one.

8. The dialogue is terrible? Not every character is gonna speak like a super intelligent character.

9. Micheal Bay is racist? Just because a character is called Lucky Charms it makes him racist. How about Cade just having a weird sense of humor? He plays a character with a bad temper. He is also a very angry dad in this so I could see him being kind of f'd up to Shane.

10. In Transformers 2 the twins was considered racist robots for their words to Leo? The twins was obviously stupid bots who mirrored their mannerism through the world wide web . I understand that little kids are watching the movie and it might come across as vulgar. But let's be real these kids is going to learn hateful words irregardless and their parents probably already taught them it. I remember when Obama first ran for president and the things folks had their kids saying on TV about Obama was f'd up.

Society is just too sensitive about a lot of things.
Sub-Prime
Minibot

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:54 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
*sigh*

If it's not fans bashing Bay, it's fans bashing critics bashing Bay.

(:|
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:58 pm

Sabrblade wrote:*sigh*

Nothing new, frankly. It's been happening since the first live-action movie.
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:59 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:

One of the reasons I don't go to the movie section of the forum that often.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:20 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:

One of the reasons I don't go to the movie section of the forum that often.

I don't either, but then my PS3 got the YLOD recently, and I got bored. :BANG_HEAD:
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt

Postby Noideaforaname » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:39 pm

Honestly, why do people even care about the critics' opinions? Really I do not understand this bizarre obsession with relentlessly attacking these strawmen "haters" over and over instead of, y'know, just enjoying the film for what it is.

I don't necessarily mind the runtime of AoE, but it sure felt like it could've been split into 2 separate films: one for Lockdown and the Creators/Knights, a second for Galvatron and KSI.
"He may end up destroying a nearby planet or two, but such is life."
My Art Website -- Redbubble Shop
Noideaforaname
City Commander
News Credits: 7

Postby Burn » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:45 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Noideaforaname wrote:Honestly, why do people even care about the critics' opinions?

Some people like to be told what to think? I dunno.

I may listen to the opinions of others, but even if I'm warned not to watch a movie I'll still watch it anyway out of morbid curiosity.

E.g. Sharknado. :lol:
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

AGE OF EXTINCTION NOW THE HIGHEST GROSSING FILM OF 2014 (SO FAR)

Postby Autobot032 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:02 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Thanks to Seibertron.com member VirusCarnage we have a link showing that not only is Age Of Extinction the biggest film of the year (so far, Apes or Guardians could take first place), but it did it in 2.4 weeks! That beats the previous 2014 record holder, X-Men: Days Of Future Past, by $21,158,000 and 5 weeks! For awhile there, we had some good news and some semi- bad news when it came to the box office, because domestic numbers are still down, but they're getting better. The film's close to breaking even with it's domestic total currently at $209,031,000, which is very close to the $210 million it cost to make it. If nothing else, it'll at least break even domestically, which won't make it a total dud here. This also doesn't account for the impending home video sales that'll be coming this fall.

To see this year's chart, click here: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/yearly/cha ... 014&p=.htm

Keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates, plus the best galleries around!
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 668
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby Slashercon » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:16 am

Motto: "Victory without effort, is failure!!"
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Cthulhunicron wrote:
noctorro wrote:It scored lower than ROTF on Rotten Tomatoes, the guys who only like The Godfather II and Amelie.

Rotten Tomatoes gave X-Men Days of Future Past a 92% rating; they gave the Matrix an 87%. Just because someone doesn't like the Michael Bay Transformers movies doesn't mean that they don't enjoy sci-fi/action movies.

Take me for instance. I like Star Wars, Pacific Rim, Aliens, Robocop, Terminator, Predator, the Matrix, the Avengers, Iron Man, and Batman Begins. However, I can't stand the live-action Transformers movies. To me, they have sporadic moments of entertaining action and cool-looking robots, but for the most part I just find them to be unbearable. All of those other movies I mentioned, I can watch from start to finish and enjoy them in their entirety. On the rare occasions where I watch one of the Transformers films, I pretty much have to skip about 75% of each movie.

Love all the movies you mentioned with the exceptions of Pacific Rim (it was just okay for me) , Robobcop and The Matrix only because I haven't seen them (yet). You also make very valid points on people liking action oriented movies that aren't the live action movies.
Slashercon
Combiner
News Credits: 4
Watch Slashercon on YouTube
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Firepower: 6

Postby Slashercon » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:31 am

Sub-Prime wrote:Let me see if I can find a few of them that critics bitch about.

1. Micheal Bay showed ass shots in TF films? Ok we're not gonna talk about how Avengers had a nice as shot of Black Widow that wasn't mentioned as a negative.
The shot wasn't in advertising lol. Not only that, but I can't even remember what scene it was where as with the Transformers films, I can sadly recall several times where I've seen these shots.

Sub-Prime wrote:2. Micheal Bay likes pretty women in his movies only? So every chick in other movies are all down right ugly then.
There's only maybe 2-3 "pretty women" in these movies. I don't get it.

Sub-Prime wrote:3. Women wear skimpy stuff in his movies? A lot of women wear skimpy stuff in real life and in other movies that the same critics don't complain about.
This is just petty. Half agree here.

Sub-Prime wrote:4. All I see is explosions!explosions! and too much destruction? Why yes of course the Transformers aren't regular men fighting martial arts. They are big giant robots with futuristic weaponry for fighting.
Honestly, James Cameron seems to have more explosions in his films than Bay (IMO of course). Then again, I like Cameron's films more-so than Bay's. Pacific Rim had bigger robots and still had seemingly less explosions though.

Sub-Prime wrote:5. Incoherent plot? Yet numerous folks understood what was going on.
Point for you. People often only think of movies via trailers and clips without actually watching them in their entirety. They make assumptions.

Sub-Prime wrote:6. Unlikable characters? I actually liked Cade, Harold,Joshua,Tessa and Savoy's characters. 5/6 main characters.
N/A for me.

Sub-Prime wrote:7.Micheal Bay believes in statutory rape? Smdh with this one.
I've never even heard of this complaint before.

Sub-Prime wrote:8. The dialogue is terrible? Not every character is gonna speak like a super intelligent character.
Often characters will speak as in previous directors' works. There's "Bay-talk", "Whedon-talk", "Shyamalan-talk" (the worst of the bunch), etc.

Sub-Prime wrote:9. Micheal Bay is racist? Just because a character is called Lucky Charms it makes him racist. How about Cade just having a weird sense of humor? He plays a character with a bad temper. He is also a very angry dad in this so I could see him being kind of f'd up to Shane.
Bay clearly isn't racist, otherwise he wouldn't keep making movies with diverse casts in them.

Sub-Prime wrote:10. In Transformers 2 the twins was considered racist robots for their words to Leo? The twins was obviously stupid bots who mirrored their mannerism through the world wide web . I understand that little kids are watching the movie and it might come across as vulgar. But let's be real these kids is going to learn hateful words irregardless and their parents probably already taught them it. I remember when Obama first ran for president and the things folks had their kids saying on TV about Obama was f'd up.
Um, ok then. Agreed for the www part.

Society is just too sensitive about a lot of things.[/quote] Including negativity.
Slashercon
Combiner

Postby Clunker » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:56 am

Motto: ""Can't teach old bots new tricks""
Weapon: Kinetic Energy Friction Rifle
There was a shot near the beginning where it was the dad talking to his daughter and all you saw was the daughters in short shorts and her tanned legs, it was like trying to redo the whole megan fox scene where she's leaning over bumblebee's engine all over again.
Clunker
Mini-Con
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 5
Skill: 8

Postby Slashercon » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:58 am

Sub-Prime wrote:
Evil_the_Nub wrote:
Burn wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:

It was too long.

My favorite post! I'm glad some folks have seen the critics BS that I have noticed for a while.

I"m going to be the odd one here.
1. The Lord of The Rings warranted a long run time due to everything in those movies actually being important to the story and characters as well as epic battles. I can't speak about AOE, but for DOTM, that movie definitely felt a tad long to me. Not because of its running time, but because it was trying my patience. Some scenes were pointless, unnecessary and the scenes I would like the makers to focus on weren't. The ending was the biggest offender. No aftermath at all. Just a sudden stop. Reminds me of that terrible Halloween remake by Rob Zombie. I would prefer a movie to focus on the important aspects first and foremost.
2. What works/doesn't work for one movie may or not necessarily work for another. For example, Saving Private Ryan also utilized a shaky cam effect but it was used to better effect there to put emphasis on the horrors of war. Whereas an action film that focus on running and hand to hand fights is instantly muted by the shaky cam. If a film has great choreography, it won't be fully appreciated when you can see the action clearly.
3. Ted is a raunchy comedy whose target audience is purposely for those who enjoy that kind of humor, while the Transformers films are meant to reach a broader demographic. Not everyone is going to go into a movie and enjoy the brand of humor presented.
4. An action film CAN have too much action. More and more action =/= a good movie. Your argument is very illogical as a comedy can't theoretically be "too funny". It can however have too many jokes and slapstick, which can or cannot work depending on how humorous it may be.
5. More often then not, I find the high school "social circle" stereotype to be the nerds wanting to BE the most popular guy.

My two cents.
Slashercon
Combiner

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CRITICALLY COMPLAINED Transformers BotBots Series 4 Movie Moguls Hasbro 2020"
CRITICALLY COMPLAI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ROOTWING Transformers BotBots Series 1 Shed Heads 2018 Hasbro plant dragon"
ROOTWING Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LIGHTWEIGHT Transformers BotBots Series 5 Cardio Clique dumbbell Hasbro 2020"
LIGHTWEIGHT Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MAKEOVER N OVER Transformers BotBots Series 3 Swag Stylers 2019"
MAKEOVER N OVER Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GREED FEED Transformers BotBots Series 3 Arcade Renegades roll of tickets 2019"
GREED FEED Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATTER SPLATTER Transformers BotBots Series 1.5 Bakery Bytes mixer 2019 import"
BATTER SPLATTER Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FAIL POLISH Transformers BotBots Series 3 Lost Bots Nail Polish 2019 Hasbro"
FAIL POLISH Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OL TIC TOC Transformers BotBots Series 2 Lost Bots 2019 wristwatch watch Hasbro"
OL TIC TOC Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SWEET FANG Transformers BotBots Series 5 Movie Moguls chocalate candy apple 2020"
SWEET FANG Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RECI P COOKER Transformers BotBots Series 1.5 Bakery Bytes cookbook 2019"
RECI P COOKER Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CON-PACKTOR Transformers BotBots Con Crew Line League backpack 2019"
CON-PACKTOR Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHUDDER Transformers BotBots Series 5 Frequent Flyers camera Hasbro 2020"
SHUDDER Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TROPIC GUZZLERUSH Transformers BotBots Series 2 Jock Squad 2019 sports bottle"
TROPIC GUZZLERUSH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GRIMLOCK Transformers Kre-o Battle Changer Building Toy Hasbro 2014 New"
GRIMLOCK Transform ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 01 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition "Year of the Goat" Exclusive Masterpiece Soundwave by Hasbro" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Jetfire Figure(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON