This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Toyline Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Thread

Postby Insurgent » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:51 am

I hope this guy drops to £20. I'd happily get him to lead my headmasters, then the hasbro one can go cuddle Rewind, as he rightfully should be. I think he might, as a lot of people will want the IDW version.
Beast Wars FOREVER!

Insurgent
City Commander
News Credits: 2

Postby Randomhero » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:35 am

Insurgent wrote:I hope this guy drops to £20. I'd happily get him to lead my headmasters, then the hasbro one can go cuddle Rewind, as he rightfully should be. I think he might, as a lot of people will want the IDW version.

I wouldn't put too much hope on the price dropping. Hardhead is going for like $70 now at BBTS(only place I can find instock) and skullcruncher is $50. I'm good with the hasbro releases. Only one I've been tempted is Blurr but the import mailing alone was $25 at robotKingdom and sorry, but I'm not spending $70 on a deluxe for fancy paint. Hasbro one is just fine and if I get tired of it I still got the original 2010 generations one
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby Evil Eye » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:39 am

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
It really is sad that now we're having to import and pay ridiculous fees to get figures with more than the bare minimum of paint. Hasbro Blurr is just inexcusably awful looking. Remember when the difference between Hasbro and Takara paintjobs was purely stylistic? >:oP

I'm probably gonna get Animated Blurr to be honest. Sure he's far less G1 accurate but AFAIK he's a superb toy and he looks cool.
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby Randomhero » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:45 am

Black Hat wrote:It really is sad that now we're having to import and pay ridiculous fees to get figures with more than the bare minimum of paint. Hasbro Blurr is just inexcusably awful looking. Remember when the difference between Hasbro and Takara paintjobs was purely stylistic? >:oP

I'm probably gonna get Animated Blurr to be honest. Sure he's far less G1 accurate but AFAIK he's a superb toy and he looks cool.

Well he's toy/comic deco. Hasbro has been doing that since the beginning of CHUG. Shouldn't be a surprise anymore.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Insurgent » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:48 am

Randomhero wrote:
Insurgent wrote:I hope this guy drops to £20. I'd happily get him to lead my headmasters, then the hasbro one can go cuddle Rewind, as he rightfully should be. I think he might, as a lot of people will want the IDW version.

I wouldn't put too much hope on the price dropping. Hardhead is going for like $70 now at BBTS(only place I can find instock) and skullcruncher is $50. I'm good with the hasbro releases. Only one I've been tempted is Blurr but the import mailing alone was $25 at robotKingdom and sorry, but I'm not spending $70 on a deluxe for fancy paint. Hasbro one is just fine and if I get tired of it I still got the original 2010 generations one

Meh. If he don't drop, then I won't get him. I'm not desperate. Hasbro is fine. Heck, even just the head would work. Hmmm. I wonder if shapewaays has it?
Beast Wars FOREVER!

Insurgent
City Commander

Postby Cyberpath » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:08 am

Someone made a custom show-accurate head for LG27 (for personal use I think.) Thought it was worth sharing:

Randomhero wrote:I wouldn't put too much hope on the price dropping. Hardhead is going for like $70 now at BBTS(only place I can find instock) and skullcruncher is $50. I'm good with the hasbro releases. Only one I've been tempted is Blurr but the import mailing alone was $25 at robotKingdom and sorry, but I'm not spending $70 on a deluxe for fancy paint. Hasbro one is just fine and if I get tired of it I still got the original 2010 generations one

:shock: :shock: :shock:

$70? That's MP prices! I got him from HLJ for about $30 when he was released.
Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Postby Randomhero » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:11 am

Cyberpath wrote:Someone made a custom show-accurate head for LG27 (for personal use I think.) Thought it was worth sharing:

Randomhero wrote:I wouldn't put too much hope on the price dropping. Hardhead is going for like $70 now at BBTS(only place I can find instock) and skullcruncher is $50. I'm good with the hasbro releases. Only one I've been tempted is Blurr but the import mailing alone was $25 at robotKingdom and sorry, but I'm not spending $70 on a deluxe for fancy paint. Hasbro one is just fine and if I get tired of it I still got the original 2010 generations one

:shock: :shock: :shock:

The original preorder price was 35-40 I think(which I thought then was bad) then the yen tanked and and the price jumped to $45 and went out of stock instantly. The jumped to 50 and now 69.99. It's ridiculous that's eHobby exclusive prices for a regular Takara legends release.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby william-james88 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:37 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Cyberpath wrote:

Yeah, I got him for that too from Anime Export ($30 shipped). As a deal hunter, I have found that the best deal for Takara toys (when you live outside Japan) is simply to preorder them off japanese sites.

Also, it was discussed to death already that Hasbro Blurr's dull scheme isn't really the G1 toy, unlike the idea behind Blaster, for instance, which is a love letter to that toy. Its more of a coincidence since the G1 toy was also kind of dull in colour, but it still had way more colour variation. Compred to Scourge and Blaster, there are far less toy specific details on Blurr to say its an outright homage to the toy (he only has the red triangles). I mean come on, take a look, no one can refute that it could be a much better homage than what we got. Saying its supposed to look like this because its like the G1 toy is not only a lame excuse, but its flat out wrong at this point:

For those who want Takara's Blurr, don't despair, there are ways to still eventually get him for non ass rape prices. Get aquainted with the Japanese secondary market (like Mandarake, the Jungle or even Amazon sellers) and you could get him for a better price in due time.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Kurona » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:26 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
I just don't see what else the Hasbro colour scheme could be patterned after. The head colours, the red arrow leg stickers... I'm not saying it's a good homage, just that it is. At the very least it's partly homaging it.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:57 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Cyberpath wrote:Someone made a custom show-accurate head for LG27 (for personal use I think.) Thought it was worth sharing:

He sure looks mean/grumpy. Were it a Marvel Comics Blaster-based face, a serious-looking face would suit him just fine, but a cartoon Blaster face needs to smile.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Intelligence: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Randomhero » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:06 am

william-james88 wrote:
Cyberpath wrote:

Yeah, I got him for that too from Anime Export ($30 shipped). As a deal hunter, I have found that the best deal for Takara toys (when you live outside Japan) is simply to preorder them off japanese sites.

Also, it was discussed to death already that Hasbro Blurr's dull scheme isn't really the G1 toy, unlike the idea behind Blaster, for instance, which is a love letter to that toy. Its more of a coincidence since the G1 toy was also kind of dull in colour, but it still had way more colour variation. Compred to Scourge and Blaster, there are far less toy specific details on Blurr to say its an outright homage to the toy (he only has the red triangles). I mean come on, take a look, no one can refute that it could be a much better homage than what we got. Saying its supposed to look like this because its like the G1 toy is not only a lame excuse, but its flat out wrong at this point:

For those who want Takara's Blurr, don't despair, there are ways to still eventually get him for non ass rape prices. Get aquainted with the Japanese secondary market (like Mandarake, the Jungle or even Amazon sellers) and you could get him for a better price in due time.

See I look at both and say "close enough" I don't care honestly. Hasbros Blurr looks fine. He does the job and you can recognize who it is. He's on my 86-87 CHUG shelf in my office next to Hot Rod and everyone else and the only person that sees him daily is me. I wouldn't mind getting Takaras if it was a good price but I'm not spending $25 on shipping so I can have a cartoon accurate Blurr. I like the character but I don't love Blurr and I'm not a cartoon purist that can't live without a cartoon accurate Blurr.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Evil Eye » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:08 am

Sabrblade wrote:

He sure looks mean/grumpy. Were it a Marvel Comics Blaster-based face, a serious-looking face would suit him just fine, but a cartoon Blaster face needs to smile.

He's grumpy because we'll (probably) never get Steeljaw, Ramhorn, Eject or Rosanna, and most of the other "cassette" molds kinda suck.
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Kurona » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:09 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Sabrblade wrote:

Considering the pose Rewind is in, it's likely a reference to the neutral face he had in the movie when sending out his cassettes.

Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:10 am

Black Hat wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

He's grumpy because we'll (probably) never get Steeljaw, Ramhorn, Eject or Rosanna, and most of the other "cassette" molds kinda suck.
He went through all of season 2 without any cassettes of his own and still had a blastin' good time. 8-)

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Evil Eye » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:16 am

Sabrblade wrote:
Black Hat wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

He went through all of season 2 without any cassettes of his own and still had a blastin' good time. 8-)

Huh. I need to get on and watch the rest of Season 2.

Also, am I the only one who wishes poor Eject would get some more love? Rewind's become a fan favourite thanks to IDW and at least the other Autobot cassettes got to do some stuff in the cartoon (and the Headmasters). From what I know, Eject has almost no fiction beyond his toy bio. (FOOTBALL!)
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:23 am

Black Hat wrote:From what I know, Eject has almost no fiction beyond his toy bio. (FOOTBALL!)
He was in the final Devil's Due "G.I. Joe vs. the Transformers" crossover, in which there was a scene where he actually got to watch some TV.

And the first Beast Wars: Uprising prose story, "Broken Windshields", gave him a very important role as The Administrator of the Games.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby william-james88 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:32 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Black Hat wrote:Also, am I the only one who wishes poor Eject would get some more love? Rewind's become a fan favourite thanks to IDW and at least the other Autobot cassettes got to do some stuff in the cartoon (and the Headmasters). From what I know, Eject has almost no fiction beyond his toy bio. (FOOTBALL!)

Eject has plenty of love, its actually rewind who got the shaft more often. When g1 Blaster was rereleased as an SDCC exclusive, Eject was there but not rewind. They rereleased him again as a platinum set and the only casette missing was... rewind... again. So Eject has had plenty of love.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Evil Eye » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:01 am

Huh. Well, I stand corrected.
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Emerje » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:57 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
william-james88 wrote:Saying its supposed to look like this because its like the G1 toy is not only a lame excuse, but its flat out wrong at this point:

I think the intention was there, but they royally screwed up by molding the entire figure in a dark shade of plastic when it should have been much lighter. The evidence is that they painted his entire shins in almost the same shade as the plastic. If they had molded him in the same color plastic as the original figure's arms and thighs the two would have been a much closer match thanks to the darker shins. Would have also been nice if the triangles were moved to below his knees.

One botch out of eight isn't bad, though. ;)^

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 236
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby Insurgent » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:40 am

Seems I missed the boat at Kapow. Anyone know of somewhere (preferabbly uk) where I can still order the takara Chromedome? Looks like trying to custom one from hasbro and a new face would end up costing pretty much the same.
Beast Wars FOREVER!

Insurgent
City Commander

Postby Cyberpath » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:50 pm

Sabrblade wrote:He sure looks mean/grumpy. Were it a Marvel Comics Blaster-based face, a serious-looking face would suit him just fine, but a cartoon Blaster face needs to smile.

Don't worry, the inevitable MP Blaster (that's MP Broadcast to you! ;)) will probably have interchangeable expressions.

Insurgent wrote:Seems I missed the boat at Kapow. Anyone know of somewhere (preferabbly uk) where I can still order the takara Chromedome? Looks like trying to custom one from hasbro and a new face would end up costing pretty much the same.

http://tfs-express.com/legends/-587-tra ... edome.html
(I googled it. Not familiar with this shop.)
Cyberpath
City Commander

Postby Insurgent » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:16 pm

Thanks! Put my order in.

I've heard of those guys before, I believe they are reliable.
Beast Wars FOREVER!

Insurgent
City Commander

Postby Cyberpath » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:34 am

New image: LG34 Highbrow from Takara --

Cyberpath
City Commander

New Image of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG33 Highbrow

Postby Va'al » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:10 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Via fellow Seibertronian Cyberpath, we have a new Takara Tomy image, from their official Transformers Twitter account, for the Legends toyline bringing Titans Return to the Japanese market: LG-33 Highbrow! Check out the Autobot Headmaster below, and compare the image to our gallery of the Hasbro figure here.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Agamemnon » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:52 am

Motto: ""I'd be the President of the procrastinator's club if I ever got around to submitting my application.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
That head is almost identical to Hasbro's... Almost...
william-james88 wrote:Also be weary of hope in this hobby. Hope is just undiscovered disappointment.
My nephew wrote:Bacon is meat candy.
Agamemnon, barebacked rider of flying robo-dragon, and not often constipated either...
(I answer to Ag or Ags. Agamemnon is too long to type. Plus, there is something elemental about calling me Ag. :-D )
Agamemnon
Faction Commander
News Credits: 10
Alt Mode: A donut. Mmmmm...donut
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DR FRAUD Transformers BotBots Series 5 Science Alliance chemical flask 2020"
DR FRAUD Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOT ROD Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 1 Hasbro 2019 New"
HOT ROD Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SIDESWIPE Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 2 2019 Hasbro New"
SIDESWIPE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TAMALE MAL Transformers BotBots Series 5 Los Deliciosos Hasbro 2020"
TAMALE MAL Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LOLLY LICKS Transformers BotBots Series 1 Sugar Shocks 2018 Hasbro Lollipop"
LOLLY LICKS Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Series 4 CHOPPER MODE DROPKICK Transformers Tiny Turbo Changers Movie Edition"
Series 4 CHOPPER M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WRIST BANNED Transformers BotBots Series 3 Arcade Renegades watch 2019 Hasbro"
WRIST BANNED Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHARKTICON (ORANGE) Transformers Battle Cybertron Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changer"
SHARKTICON (ORANGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE CORN CRUSADER Transformers BotBots Series 5 Los Deliciosos purple corn 2020"
THE CORN CRUSADER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKIPPY DIPPY DISC Transformers BotBots Series 5 Retro Replays CD discman 2020"
SKIPPY DIPPY DISC ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CUDDLETOOTH Transformers BotBots Series 1 Shed Heads Hasbro 2018 chainsaw"
CUDDLETOOTH Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FOMO Transformers BotBots Series 1 Techie Team sports camera Hasbro 2018"
FOMO Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HIGHROLLER Transformers BotBots Series 3 Goo-Goo Groopies baby stroller 2019"
HIGHROLLER Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Kre-o Battle Changer Building Toy Hasbro 2015 New"
MEGATRON Transform ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Fortress Maximus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Rook Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Victorion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Infinitus and Sentinel Prime" on AMAZON