This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Discussion Thread

Postby Agamemnon » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:07 pm

Motto: ""I'd be the President of the procrastinator's club if I ever got around to submitting my application.""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Sabrblade wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Boy, that sure isn't a vague, nondescriptive bio, no siree bob!

The only way it could get more generic is by saying: "Megatron is the leader of the Decepticons. He is evil. The decipticons are evil. Thus the autobots are good.
"Autobots rage their battle to destroy the evil forces of the Decepticons."

I thought it was that the Autobots waged their battle.... Huh.....
I've heard people say it both ways, but definitely not in a past tense.

"Rage" just makes more sense when battle is concerned, since it's not like the Autobots are always gambling their fights.

Oh, right. I used it in the past tense in my sentence, not as a direct quote, sorry. *sheepish grin*

And I was thinking how countries wage war on each other. TFwiki says "wage." *shrug*
william-james88 wrote:Also be weary of hope in this hobby. Hope is just undiscovered disappointment.
My nephew wrote:Bacon is meat candy.
Agamemnon, barebacked rider of flying robo-dragon, and not often constipated either...
(I answer to Ag or Ags. Agamemnon is too long to type. Plus, there is something elemental about calling me Ag. :-D )
Agamemnon
Faction Commander
News Credits: 10
Alt Mode: A donut. Mmmmm...donut
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 2
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 8

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:08 pm

Motto: "The  days  grow  shorter,  and  yet  the  sun  still  shines"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
Sabrblade wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Boy, that sure isn't a vague, nondescriptive bio, no siree bob!

The only way it could get more generic is by saying: "Megatron is the leader of the Decepticons. He is evil. The decipticons are evil. Thus the autobots are good.
"Autobots rage their battle to destroy the evil forces of the Decepticons."

I thought it was that the Autobots waged their battle.... Huh.....
I've heard people say it both ways, but definitely not in a past tense.

"Rage" just makes more sense when battle is concerned, since it's not like the Autobots are always gambling their fights.

Dosen't that make it sound like the autobots are the assholes in this? Aren't the Decepticons the aggressors in all of this. So wouldn't the Decepticons be raging war, while the autobots wage the war, considering they're continuing and reciprocating. After all the definition of wage in this context is to carry on.
Alpha Bravo-Shock:-1-

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander
News Credits: 25
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Strength: 4
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:10 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Cobotron » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:11 pm

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Skill: 10

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:14 pm

Motto: "The  days  grow  shorter,  and  yet  the  sun  still  shines"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
Sabrblade wrote:Image

wage
wāj/

verb
carry on (a war or campaign).
synonyms: engage in, carry on, conduct, execute, pursue, prosecute, proceed with
Alpha Bravo-Shock:-1-

Consumerism Beauty

SW's SilverHammer
City Commander
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10

Postby JustPlainME » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:42 am

Motto: "They never saw it coming."
Weapon: Slingshot
So, all the combiners are (will be) bought for me. My only real gripe is that Menasor doesn't really have an abdomen. It looks like his legs are sticking out of his chest. I'll display my Stunticons in individual robot modes. I'm getting two of the Arielbot sets (one Hasbro and the other Takara) - one for the individual Arielbots and one for Superion.

Passing on the Devastator. For such a large combiner, I think it could have been done better. Sure they all look decent, but I think the arms of the individual Constructicons put me off a bit...and the gimpy Mixmaster alt modes. I have Green Giant too, so he shall suffice.

Love the Defensor. Probably will be buying two sets of this as well.

Megatron(s), Cyclonus, Thundercracker, I think will have to be passes. I have the Apollyon 3rd party on pre-order, and I have the Masterpiece TC. Just not interested in the Cyclonus.

Really, I'm making a huge exception for the Combiner Wars stuff since I sold off all my CHUGs last year, vowing to only buy Masterpieces and the good 3rd Party stuff.
The TRUTH about Michael Bay https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DCa4DwpWAk
JustPlainME
Micromaster
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 4
Courage: 10
Firepower: 9

Postby Emerje » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:36 am

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
The Constructicons vary quite a bit in quality, but for the most part I think they're good. Bonecrusher and Scavenger are the best since being arms doesn't effect their bot and alt modes. Longhaul and Scrapper are the worst thanks to their over simplification. If Scrapper just had elbows instead of the stupid swivel he'd be one of the better figures. Hook and Mixmaster at least look good, but the elbows are awful. Vehicle modes are all great and Devastator is nearly perfect. Really want to know if the chest wings still go with Scrapper and if we see the return of the drills.

I guess I'm the only one that likes Cyclonus? The Deluxe figure is OK, but was never a huge fan of his needle nose alt mode. I love the Voyager's alt mode, it's almost perfect to the original figure. The bot mode is off, but I was never a big fan of Cyclonus' ears anyway. I'll probably give him Nightstick and do something else with the deluxe.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 236
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby fenrir72 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:39 am

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Emerje wrote:The Constructicons vary quite a bit in quality, but for the most part I think they're good. Bonecrusher and Scavenger are the best since being arms doesn't effect their bot and alt modes. Longhaul and Scrapper are the worst thanks to their over simplification. If Scrapper just had elbows instead of the stupid swivel he'd be one of the better figures. Hook and Mixmaster at least look good, but the elbows are awful. Vehicle modes are all great and Devastator is nearly perfect. Really want to know if the chest wings still go with Scrapper and if we see the return of the drills.

I guess I'm the only one that likes Cyclonus? The Deluxe figure is OK, but was never a huge fan of his needle nose alt mode. I love the Voyager's alt mode, it's almost perfect to the original figure. The bot mode is off, but I was never a big fan of Cyclonus' ears anyway. I'll probably give him Nightstick and do something else with the deluxe.

Emerje

I think we all have to hold off fully prejudging Dev. At least until his release. Same thing happened to MP-BB. He actually came out very good despite his initial pictures.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 8

Postby Ironhidensh » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:13 am

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
So, granted I may have missed it somewhere in the 150 damn pages of this thread, but am I going to have to import from Takara to get a complete superion? All due respect to Va'al, but a helicopter does NOT belong amongst the Airialbots.

Planes and whirlybirds are like the bloods and crips, they just shouldn't mix.
Card carrying grumpy old man.

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Firepower: 10+

Postby -Kanrabat- » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:24 am

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
JustPlainME wrote:
Passing on the Devastator. For such a large combiner, I think it could have been done better. Sure they all look decent, but I think the arms of the individual Constructicons put me off a bit...and the gimpy Mixmaster alt modes. I have Green Giant too, so he shall suffice.

Obviously, CW Devastator is not meant for Hercs/Giant owners. It is for the collector who don't want to spend 300-500$ for a Constructicon combiner or the kid who just want to go pew pew pew. If one already own the ultimate (and very expensive) 3rd party Devastator, of course you would want to pass on the official release.

As for me, I'll go the official route. around 200$CAN shipped is the most money I wanna spend on a Devastator.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby King Kuuga » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:32 am

Motto: "Yesssssssss....."
Weapon: High Energy MASER Cannons
Ironhidensh wrote:So, granted I may have missed it somewhere in the 150 damn pages of this thread, but am I going to have to import from Takara to get a complete superion? All due respect to Va'al, but a helicopter does NOT belong amongst the Airialbots.

I would argue that you can make a complete Superion using Silverbolt and any four random CW deluxes.
However, to answer the question you really meant, yes. the fourth deluxe plane is currently only going to be available from Takara if you really don't want a white and red Vortex on your Superion. Although I reject the idea that a helicopter (notably an aerial vehicle) does not belong on a team called the Aerialbots. It's a way to diversify the toy shelves, so instead of parents seeing 4 deluxe planes they see 3 and a helicopter and are more likely to buy the last member.
King Kuuga
Gestalt
News Credits: 4
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Postby Va'al » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:39 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Ironhidensh wrote:So, granted I may have missed it somewhere in the 150 damn pages of this thread, but am I going to have to import from Takara to get a complete superion? All due respect to Va'al, but a helicopter does NOT belong amongst the Airialbots.

I get it, to be fair. I like the comics before the toys, and have little attachment at all to G1, so Alpha Bravo does not jar at all with my idea of Superion.

The Takara version, however, has a repaint of one of the other jets as the fourth jet. If you're fine with having two of the same mold as limbs, that's what you want. And currently, the cheapest option it seems, too!

The Takara UW thread is here, for more: takara-transformers-unite-warriors-discussion-thread-t102999.php
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:26 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
I second Va'al here, and I also plan to scramble these up once I've got them all :) I'm hoping that all this Exposure will get alpha Bravo mote face time in the comics
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby fenrir72 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:15 am

Yup. The Tomy version comes as a set.
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby Counterpunch » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:54 am

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
I thought we had confirmation that Slingshot was coming out in the US? Did I misremember that? (might have, was in the hospital at the time news broke)

Anyway...

That Armada Megatron is very disappointing and this is coming from Armada Megatron's A#1 fan. It really does lack a lot of the character that the Micron Legend version had. Really a shame, but nice to see the figure get a homage.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 4

Postby RhA » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:57 am

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
Counterpunch wrote:I thought we had confirmation that Slingshot was coming out in the US? Did I misremember that? (might have, was in the hospital at the time news broke)

Anyway...

That Armada Megatron is very disappointing and this is coming from Armada Megatron's A#1 fan. It really does lack a lot of the character that the Micron Legend version had. Really a shame, but nice to see the figure get a homage.

He needs no homage, all Armada Megs needs are regular knees.
Love thy pretenders.
RhA
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1

Postby shajaki » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:06 am

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
Sabrblade wrote:Boy, that sure isn't a vague, nondescriptive bio.
i thought it was odd too. at least mention the minicons!
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 293
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby Va'al » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:08 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Counterpunch wrote:I thought we had confirmation that Slingshot was coming out in the US? Did I misremember that? (might have, was in the hospital at the time news broke)

It would still be a double mold, either way!
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Tranzilla » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:12 am

Va'al wrote:

I get it, to be fair. I like the comics before the toys, and have little attachment at all to G1, so Alpha Bravo does not jar at all with my idea of Superion.

The Takara version, however, has a repaint of one of the other jets as the fourth jet. If you're fine with having two of the same mold as limbs, that's what you want. And currently, the cheapest option it seems, too!

The Takara UW thread is here, for more: takara-transformers-unite-warriors-discussion-thread-t102999.php

Don't forget that ToysRUs has Slingshot listed in their system as well as Wildrider so technically there WILL be 4 jet limbs. It will just be a matter of minor color differences between TakTomy and Hasbro.
Tranzilla
Minibot

Postby Tranzilla » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:21 am

shajaki wrote:Thanks to blogger Black Plastic Life, we now have in hand picture of Combiner Wars Leader Class Megatron! This figure is a retool of the Leader Megatron also in recent news who is more Generation 1 inspired. But if you're more interested in his Armada incarnation at the moment, take a look at his Bio!

For millions of years, Megatron has led fanatical legions of evil Decepticons on their war for conquest. A living weapon with dozens of modifications made in the name of increased power and destructive capabilities, his only weakness is his single-minded desire for the enslavement of the universe.

Keep scrolling to see the pics, and stay tuned to Seibertron.com for all your Transformers News!

Botcon Megazarak here we come. Although, I'd still prefer it from Energon Scorponok with that Headmaster gimmick.
Tranzilla
Minibot

Postby shajaki » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:32 am

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
alright, so its easy to coming from a mile away and it mustv been discussed already, but perhaps this new comic cover is the first indication that we're getting a leader starscream?

shajaki
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 293
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:37 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Starscream changes bodies AGAIN?!!
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby fenrir72 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:58 am

Sabrblade wrote:Starscream changes bodies AGAIN?!!

A recolor of TC from the Jetfire mold. Maybe that was already planned from the begining? TC a test if it sells?
fenrir72
God Of Transformers

Postby Cobotron » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:13 am

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
I really don't mind the Jetfire mold for the seekers, the only thing it's lacking are the iconic air intake shoulder stack thingies. Design wise, those really define them as seekers.

Why is Skywarp always the last to get any love? :-(
Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Skill: 10

Postby gothsaurus » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:15 am

This is pretty easy to figure out. They just released Jetfire in that same body style... Starscream is too similar to that color scheme, being light gray and red... so they kick off the new series of seekers with a vastly different color seeker: Thundercracker.

I think the rest of the trio is inevitable.
gothsaurus
Gestalt

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WARS END #3 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 FEB220443 War's 3B (CA) Margevich"
Transformers WARS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #26 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010A"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers REIGN STARSCREAM #1 Cvr A IDW Comics 2008 Movie Sequel 1A 210411A"
Transformers REIGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2023 JUN230379 3E (CA) Clarke (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #3 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #23 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926W"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #41 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 JAN220489 41RI (CA) Samu"
TRANSFORMERS #41 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WINDBLADE #1 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 1RI (CA) Pitre-Durocher 230124"
Transformers WINDB ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #7 Marvel Comics 1994 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915H"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #46 Marvel Comics 1988 (W/CA) Budiansky (A) Delbo 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WINDBLADE #6 sub Vol 2 IDW Comics 2015 (CA) Coller 210819A"
Transformers WINDB ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers SINS OF WRECKERS #2 IDW Comics 2015 (W/A/CA) Roche 230227"
Transformers SINS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Best of GRIMLOCK #1 IDW Comics 2022 AUG221573 (CA) Biggie"
Transformers Best ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #8 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Bright (W) Budiansky 240317A"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #5 Cover B IDW Comics 2020 NOV190607 5B (CA)Pitre-Durocher"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Bumblebee  (Chevrolet Camaro)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Perceptor and Convex" on AMAZON