This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #39 Discussion Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

IDW Publishing Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #39 Incentive Cover by Pitre-Durocher

Postby Va'al » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:47 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Still a little longer until we see the full preview, release and review of next week's Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #39 - so have some IDW Publishing incentive covers for the issue, courtesy of their official Tumblr and artist Sara Pitre-Durocher's Facebook page! Who's Afraid of the DJD, indeed..?

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: TRANSFORMERS: MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE #39: ITUNES PREVIEW

Postby Madeus Prime » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:49 am

Motto: "Rule #45 of the Madeus Handbook: Timey wimey is an adequate term for scienc-y stuff."
Ohhhhh, I want that in a poster...
Madeus Prime art credited to SillySpringer
Madeus Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 23
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 7
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 6
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Postby Dead Metal » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:53 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
That's an awesome image, I like the WW2 propaganda vibe I'm getting from this.
I seriously, can't wait for this to finally come out and answer some more questions.

What's Tarn's deal, how will the Brainstorm situation be dealt with, will Rodimus get a new Rodpod?

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby Shuttershock » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:59 pm

"If you've got NOTHING to hide, you've got NOTHING to fear. If you've done NOTHING wrong, then you WOULDN'T be here."
Shuttershock
Gestalt Team Leader
Buy from Shuttershock on eBay

Postby Syn_13 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:44 pm

Motto: "Time to weapon up, wallflowers!"
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
I'm sorry but you cannot convince me that Tarn is not Roller. You can clearly see the exact shape of Roller's head under that mask. Compare it to any of the images of Roller (particularly his last appearance in the past before he vanishes) and it's really obvious.

Awesome cover, by the way.
Syn_13
Vehicon

Postby ArmadaPrime » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:56 pm

Weapon: Requiem Blaster
Madeus Prime wrote:Ohhhhh, I want that in a poster...

Seconded
(also, I love how sassily Helex's extra arms are folded)

Syn_13 wrote:I think Skids is a good candidate to being the former Vos. Firstly he was Special Ops working for Prowl. Secondly, he used the Binary gun to bury memories that Chromedome told him weren't worth bringing back (Empyrean suite was also mentioned), and he clearly has a dark past. Thirdly, it was mentioned at Megatron's trial that Vos was a big guy with hooks for hands. Although Skids isn't huge, he could've altered his body (something demonstrated before by Roberts with Senator Momus' killer in Shadowplay), and he also has hooks in his hands. Fourthly, it was mentioned that he went missing for ages, and I'm not sure if he was even seen for a majority of the war. He could've spent some of this time, particularly around the time of Last Stand of the Wreckers, as the DJD mole, only to return once the war had ended, and then being sent of the Luna 1 mission with Getaway.

That would actually make a lot of sense. Plus, I'm fairly sure that Crosscut, who of course resembles Skids, was apparently often mistaken from one of the DJD- though that may have been the Decepticon Crosscut that I believe is in LSOTW, I'm not sure.
Then again, the bit about the Empryean suite being in Skids' head (along with other horrific memories) could just mean he bore witness to Tarn's work, or maybe even was nearly a victim of his once.

However, I've been thinking myself. Whilst I totally subscribe to the theory of Tarn being Roller, having originally joined the 'cons after having been left to die when Pax's crew all had their memories of the time-travellers wiped, I suspect Agent 113 to be Vos. I've been toying with the idea that Agent 113 doesnt actually know that they're a spy, and hence can bring themselves to be so sadistic, and realised that if it were Vos that could work. Vos was allied with Megatron since before the war, there's an image of Megatron firing Vos in supposedly one of the shots that started the Decepticon uprising, so he was probably a founding member of the DJD. My thoughts are that at one stage he was captured and, through mnemosurgery and shadowplay, "convinced"(*ahem*) to act as the autobot's agent. Obviously they would need to wipe his mind of the experience, so the cons couldn't find him out, but then surely he wouldn't know any of the stuff about shooting through the faction symbol's eye. However, Vos doesn't fire a gun, he turns into one. What if they somehow built the whole eye-shooting thing into his targeting system, so he wouldn't even have to be able to remember it?
Plus, maybe all the tampering and could explain why he can only really speak in old cybertronian-
mnemosurgery is messy business and it seems like it would be easy to accidentally cause something like that.

EDIT: This came out a lot more ramble-y than I expected, I can only apologise :lol:
Last edited by ArmadaPrime on Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Certified Expert™ in reading wikis to pretend I know more about things than I actually do
ArmadaPrime
Brainmaster
News Credits: 3

Postby Dead Metal » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:26 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Wouldn't it be awesome, if we read the issue and it's literary just every member of the DJD hinting at hating what they do and maybe being a double agent just to completely mess with us?
And maybe we won't find out who Agent 113 is till the very end of MTMTE, where it's then revealed it was actually Swerve, and his uselessness as a fighter is all a brandnew personality to make him forget the horrors.

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby Demonology7789 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:37 pm

sweet cover! do want but unfortunately the forbidden planet will send me cover a as per usual
Demonology7789
Minibot
News Credits: 5

Postby padfoo » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:29 pm

Weapon: Concussion Cannon
Syn_13 wrote:I'm sorry but you cannot convince me that Tarn is not Roller. You can clearly see the exact shape of Roller's head under that mask. Compare it to any of the images of Roller (particularly his last appearance in the past before he vanishes) and it's really obvious.

What? Really?
padfoo
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 4
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 7

Postby Syn_13 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:58 pm

padfoo wrote:
Syn_13 wrote:I'm sorry but you cannot convince me that Tarn is not Roller. You can clearly see the exact shape of Roller's head under that mask. Compare it to any of the images of Roller (particularly his last appearance in the past before he vanishes) and it's really obvious.

What? Really?

There certainly are a lot of similarities.

EDIT: You know what? The more I look at it, the more I'm willing to bet Roberts is just messing around with us though.
Syn_13
Vehicon

Postby BATTLEMASTER IIC » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:40 pm

I think it would be funny if each of the DJD was Agent 113 and none of them knew it :P Or maybe they all hate what they do yet none of them have the guts to admit it, fearing that they will be destroyed by the others for voicing their dissatisfaction, so they all just play up their sadistic ways the best they can to avoid suspicion.
BATTLEMASTER IIC
Vehicon

Postby Va'al » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:28 am

Dead Metal wrote:That's an awesome image, I like the WW2 propaganda vibe I'm getting from this.

Ah, close historical reference, but not quite! :D
You'll see what I mean with the full preview and the issue.

There are some really good comments in here so far that I cannot respond to as I'd like as I'm preparing the review. But YES GOOD COMMENTS GOOD
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby ArmadaPrime » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:55 am

Weapon: Requiem Blaster
Va'al wrote:There are some really good comments in here so far that I cannot respond to as I'd like as I'm preparing the review. But YES GOOD COMMENTS GOOD

Ooh, you tease :P
Seriously though, hyped for this. I love all the fan-theories and speculation, and who incites it better than the DJD?
Certified Expert™ in reading wikis to pretend I know more about things than I actually do
ArmadaPrime
Brainmaster

Postby CombaticonsCombine? » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:11 am

Motto: "<:: Cavolo. ::>"
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
That's it. This is my new phone background.
CombaticonsCombine?
Minibot
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Courage: 4
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby MrBlack » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:39 am

Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Syn_13 wrote:
padfoo wrote:

What? Really?

There certainly are a lot of similarities.

EDIT: You know what? The more I look at it, the more I'm willing to bet Roberts is just messing around with us though.

Who also looks vaguely like Heretech (minus his inverted Matrix hat)...

...who may also be Roller and/or Tarn.

Who knows at this point? He may take off his mask and turn out to be Bumblebee merged with Shockwave, spit out back in time after being sucked into the Dead Universe and rescued by a young Megatron.
MrBlack
Headmaster Jr
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 5

IDW Publishing Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #39 Full Preview

Postby Va'al » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:43 am

In other comics news this week, IDW Publishing are releasing the next issue in the Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye ongoing series, #39 - and the Decepticon Justice Division are back! Check out the full preview below, via Comic Book Resources, and head back here on Wednesday for our full review of the issue.

NOTE: The solicit below lists Alex Milne as interior artist, as well as cover - we know this is not correct, as Hayato Sakamoto is taking over art duties for the issue, as reported here. The cover, however, is still by Milne.

Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #39—Return of the Decepticon Justice Division
James Roberts (w) • Alex Milne (a & c)
RETURN OF THE D.J.D.! A punishment squad created by MEGATRON to hunt down dissidents, turncoats and cowards—no one believes more passionately in the DECEPTICON cause than the D.J.D. So what happens when they discover their founder has joined the Autobots? (Clue: it’s not pretty.)
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
The long-awaited return of the most dangerous villains in comics history!
If you don’t already know the names Tarn, Kaon, Tesarus, Helex, and Vos—you better learn ’em before they get you!
Variant Cover by Transformers game and toy artist Sara Pitre-Durocher!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby MrBlack » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:53 am

Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Oh Primus, they have a mascot...
MrBlack
Headmaster Jr
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 5

Postby Madeus Prime » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:54 am

Motto: "Rule #45 of the Madeus Handbook: Timey wimey is an adequate term for scienc-y stuff."
Okay, why am I more freaked out that there is somebody who's willing to talk to the DJD that way then how they just disemboweled some turncoat 'Con?
Madeus Prime art credited to SillySpringer
Madeus Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 23
Strength: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity

Postby RevTibe » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:56 am

Cool, another female transformer! Since this is the IDWverse, I wonder what the story behind her will be.

Neat to see the DJD in their downtime.
RevTibe
Vehicon
News Credits: 2
Buy from RevTibe on eBay

Postby squeegeewing » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:59 am

They have a mom...I love you, IDW! :lol:
squeegeewing
Mini-Con
Watch squeegeewing on YouTube

Postby Va'al » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:00 am

MrBlack wrote:Oh Primus, they have a mascot...

squeegeewing wrote:They have a mom...I love you, IDW! :lol:

Much much more than that. :D

(Think Winry from Full Metal Alchemist, for example!)
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby ScottyP » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:01 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
Nickel is The Best Character.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 639
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Moody magpie » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:15 am

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
The artwork looks impressive.
Moody magpie
Mini-Con
Strength: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

Postby megatronus » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:28 am

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Best. Preview. Ever.
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby Syn_13 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:49 am

megatronus wrote:Best. Preview. Ever.

Hah! I love it!
Syn_13
Vehicon

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FLASH #794 Cvr B card stock DC Comics 2023 JAN233295 794B (W) Adams (CA) Dalfon"
FLASH #794 Cvr B c ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WONDER WOMAN #81 V5 YOTV Doom DC Comics 2019 (w) Wilson (ca) Paquette AUG190570"
WONDER WOMAN #81 V ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ACTION COMICS #1054 Cvr E 1:25 Superman DC Comics 0223DC032 1054E (CA) Montanez"
ACTION COMICS #105 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BRAVE AND THE BOLD #147 Batman Supergirl DC Comics 1979 (CA) Aparo 230915A"
BRAVE AND THE BOLD ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #143 Cvr E DC Comics 2024 1223DC010 143E (CA) Quah (W) Zdarsky"
BATMAN #143 Cvr E ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #1072 Cvr B DC Comics 2023 0323DC193 1072B (CA) Jones"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #1 Facsimile Edition Cvr C blank DC Comics 2023 ptg 0723DC203 1C (CA)Kane"
BATMAN #1 Facsimil ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATGIRL #55 DC Comics 2004 (CA) Jean (W) Horrocks (A) Phillips 230915A"
BATGIRL #55 DC Com ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #435 DC Comics 1989 (W/CA) Byrne (A) Aparo 230915A"
BATMAN #435 DC Com ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FLASH #105 Facsimile DC Comics 2023 ptg 0723DC205 (CA) Infantino + Giella"
FLASH #105 Facsimi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #1072 Cvr E 1:50 DC Comics 2023 0323DC196 1072E (CA) Jones"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FLASH #796 Cvr C DC Comics 2023 FEB232831 796C (W) Adams (CA) Montanez"
FLASH #796 Cvr C D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #3 Cvr A DC Comics 2023 0223DC019 3A (W) Williamson (CA) Campbell"
SUPERMAN #3 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHIZ COMICS #2 Facsimile DC Comics 2023 ptg 1222DC130 Shazam (CA) Beck (W)Parker"
WHIZ COMICS #2 Fac ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Predaking Figure [Amazon Exclusive](Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Trailbreaker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Voice Changer Helmet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Darkmoon and Astrotrain" on AMAZON