This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion Thread

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion Thread

Postby Deadput » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:35 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
william-james88 wrote:
Deadput wrote:Besides watching the new movies and finishing my titans returns collection I'm done I'm disgusted and depressed by all this.

Wow, really? Thats too bad. I quite like the community we have here, including you of course. I think we are a nice bunch.

I think in the end, the combiner wars cartoon thought us that we the audience wont know what we want unless it is presented to us. The best part of that show was Megatron who was unlike any version we saw before and yet pefectly worked for the character we all have in our heads.

The community here on Seibertron is great and I do love it here especially the parts where we have good discussions on things like what's happening in the future or guessing the origins of a figure's design, don't let my words tell you guys otherwise I'm angry at people like the ones on Facebook and Youtube I don't get how those kind of people can even exist and live with themselves it's people like them that has completely sapped and destroyed my interest in the things I used to love.

I just have to for once actually get away from Transformers for awhile it's not doing me good mentally and it's not just Transformers either it's many things I like such as Star Wars, many video games I used to play like Halo among a few other things.

When it comes to media and entertainment I literally have nothing left I enjoy and that's not an exaggeration I feel miserable and depressed in the last year or two more then I ever have been previously in my life (and I thought physical abuse and being tormented for being mentally disabled was the worse that could happen to me) being raised in a christian family and being very sheltered and spoiled as a kid has not prepared me for the state of the world but it did make me mature and grow up a bit not by much though as you could guess from outbursts like these.

I'm on sites like these to get away from this stuff in the first place not to feel worse about myself, I might comment on Titan Returns and movie news every once in awhile but for now I'm going to take a break and just enjoy being with my family and doing things with them.

Leaving on a positive note Megatron was indeed great he reminded me of the BW version who is obviously the best!
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby partholon » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:06 am

concrusher792 wrote:
partholon wrote:getting more and more worried grimlock will be protrayed as a moron.

You mean like he is in almost every continuity but the Marvel and IDW comics series and the Shattered Glass universe?

yes.

EXACTLY that.

it'd be typical of bay, whos rejected pretty much everything from the animated series down the years in terms of character to keep the ONE fuking stupid decison they made, which is to reduce grimlock to a moron.

even the video games knew how stupid that was.

grimlocks the brands dirty harry and this is the movieverse. if he fit ANYWHERE it'd be here.

i mean who WANTS moron grimlock? who out there actually shouts "YES this is the character i love most!" when you could have fall of cybertron grimlock, IDW grimlock, Marvel UK grilmock ?

it fecking baffles me yet it looks like once again he's getting jipped.

almost makes me glad he didnt open his mouth in the last one now.
partholon
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2

Postby Kurona » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:21 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
It'd be super weird to me cos, like, aren't the Dinobots in this supposed to be some super-ancient mystical group of knights? Revered and respected or something? I mean an explanation beyond a single line wasn't given in the movie but I kinda got that idea. It'd just be kind of strange to then see Grimlock stumble about like an idiot.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Deadput » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:28 am

partholon wrote:

yes.

EXACTLY that.

it'd be typical of bay, whos rejected pretty much everything from the animated series down the years in terms of character to keep the ONE fuking stupid decison they made, which is to reduce grimlock to a moron.

I know the arguments of fan(natics) can be stupid sometimes but are you actually serious right now?

Jesus I can't even.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby partholon » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:32 am

Deadput wrote:
partholon wrote:

yes.

EXACTLY that.

I know the arguments of fan(natics) can be stupid sometimes but are you actually serious right now?

Jesus I can't even.

if you prefer moron grimlock good luck to ya.

it was a complete diversion from what the character was meant to be originally which is why he's a badass in the comics and games.

i happen to think MOST would prefer that as a portrayal of the character than another "twins" incident.
partholon
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2

Postby Va'al » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:24 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Quick note: heated conversation is fine, but please try keeping the heat to a comfortable level and respect the community guidelines. No personal insults nor attacks.

Thank you. :)
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:06 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Kurona wrote:It'd be super weird to me cos, like, aren't the Dinobots in this supposed to be some super-ancient mystical group of knights? Revered and respected or something? I mean an explanation beyond a single line wasn't given in the movie but I kinda got that idea. It'd just be kind of strange to then see Grimlock stumble about like an idiot.
Heh, the previous movie didn't even give him the kind a respect a revered, noble knight of legend ought to be given, what with Optimus having to punch him in the face and threaten him at sword point to get him to cooperate, and then having Optimus ride him like an animal. Pfft, noble knight my foot.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Kurona » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:11 am

Sabrblade wrote:
Kurona wrote:It'd be super weird to me cos, like, aren't the Dinobots in this supposed to be some super-ancient mystical group of knights? Revered and respected or something? I mean an explanation beyond a single line wasn't given in the movie but I kinda got that idea. It'd just be kind of strange to then see Grimlock stumble about like an idiot.
Heh, the previous movie didn't even give him the kind a respect a revered, noble knight of legend ought to be given, what with Optimus having to punch him in the face and threaten him at sword point to get him to cooperate, and then having Optimus ride him like an animal. Pfft, noble knight my foot.

If we're to consider the Dinobots to be this noble mystical thing in this universe, then it's actually pretty consistent. After all, the first thing Movie Optimus did when he ran into a Prime was go straight for the face.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:13 am

Kurona wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

If we're to consider the Dinobots to be this noble mystical thing in this universe, then it's actually pretty consistent. After all, the first thing Movie Optimus did when he ran into a Prime was go straight for the face.
The Fallen was pure evil and genocidal, though.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Kurona » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:15 am

Sabrblade wrote:
Kurona wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

The Fallen was pure evil and genocidal, though.

That's why he ripped off the face rather than punch it. See? Subtle little differences. Guess the movies have more nuance than we give 'em credit for :P
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby william-james88 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:20 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Sabrblade wrote:

I also felt that was weird. Optimus at first treats them like equals and then beats the crap out of him and threathen to kills him, like those phychos who put a knife to someone's throat and then do a small cut to show how serious they are. Maybe Optimus thought it was a noble knight's steed (which is how the film makers treated that scene as they said in interviews, comparing it to a western when the heroes come in on horses).

Deadput wrote:The community here on Seibertron is great and I do love it here especially the parts where we have good discussions on things like what's happening in the future or guessing the origins of a figure's design, don't let my words tell you guys otherwise I'm angry at people like the ones on Facebook and Youtube I don't get how those kind of people can even exist and live with themselves it's people like them that has completely sapped and destroyed my interest in the things I used to love.

I just have to for once actually get away from Transformers for awhile it's not doing me good mentally and it's not just Transformers either it's many things I like such as Star Wars, many video games I used to play like Halo among a few other things.

You could always ignore it all and just play with your toys and hang out here. Its what i do. I dont have time for youtube due to kids, a job and a wife (guess which one is most demanding :lol: ).

partholon wrote:if you prefer moron grimlock good luck to ya.

it was a complete diversion from what the character was meant to be originally which is why he's a badass in the comics and games.

i happen to think MOST would prefer that as a portrayal of the character than another "twins" incident.

Even if I didnt know how he was originally meant to be, I just want a badass grimlock to go with badass optimus. I am not a big fan of G1 Grimlock. The movies never really followed the G1 characters much so why would they do it now right? I like RID Grimlock though, who is a lot of fun.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:42 am

william-james88 wrote:I also felt that was weird. Optimus at first treats them like equals and then beats the crap out of him and threathen to kills him, like those phychos who put a knife to someone's throat and then do a small cut to show how serious they are. Maybe Optimus thought it was a noble knight's steed (which is how the film makers treated that scene as they said in interviews, comparing it to a western when the heroes come in on horses).
Yeah, there was just so much off with that whole introductory scene for the Dinobots. #-o

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Kurona » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:17 am

Well, it is once again consistent. Movieverse Optimus is not the nicest guy.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:33 am

Kurona wrote:Well, it is once again consistent. Movieverse Optimus is not the nicest guy.
Which is ironic, considering how the first movie played him up as the sole Autobot who has absolute hope and faith in humanity, the only one of his team wanting to give them their due respect:
Ironhide: "Why are we fighting to save the humans? They're a primitive, and violent, race."

Optimus: "Were we so different? They're a young species. They have much to learn. but I've seen goodness in them. Freedom is the right of all sentient beings. You all know there's only one way to end this war. We must destroy the cube. If all else fails, I will unite it with the spark in my chest."

Ratchet: "That's suicide. The cube is raw power, it could destroy you both."

Optimus: "A necessary sacrifice to bring peace to this planet. We cannot let the humans pay for our mistakes."

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Va'al » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:43 am

Sabrblade wrote:
Kurona wrote:Well, it is once again consistent. Movieverse Optimus is not the nicest guy.
Which is ironic, considering how the first movie played him up as the sole Autobot who has absolute hope and faith in humanity, the only one of his team wanting to give them their due respect

I will apply reverse Zangief here (switch 'bad' with 'good').

Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby SlyTF1 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:28 pm

Motto: "If my first sacrifice wasn't enough, maybe you would prefer to pay with your funky blood."
Weapon: Sword
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

I also felt that was weird. Optimus at first treats them like equals and then beats the crap out of him and threathen to kills him, like those phychos who put a knife to someone's throat and then do a small cut to show how serious they are. Maybe Optimus thought it was a noble knight's steed (which is how the film makers treated that scene as they said in interviews, comparing it to a western when the heroes come in on horses).

That's how the real world works. Savages only understand savagery, and if you try to treat a bunch of savages respectfully, you're doomed to fail.
Last edited by SlyTF1 on Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I Am.
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
News Credits: 37
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Alt Mode: The entire universe
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Postby Va'al » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:41 pm

Bless. *pat-pat*
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby JazZeke » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:30 pm

Motto: "Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind."
Weapon: Shoulder Mounted Rocket Launcher
SlyTF1 wrote:That's how the real world works. Savages only understand savagery, and if you try to treat a bunch of savages respectfully, you're doomed to fail.

JazZeke
Headmaster
News Credits: 10
Location: Arizona, where the glass is always greener.... on the other side of the state line!
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Courage: 9
Skill: 8

Postby Deadput » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:21 pm

SlyTF1 wrote:
That's how the real world works. Savages only understand savagery, and if you try to treat a bunch of savages respectfully, you're doomed to fail.

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind and it's in the top 3 things I hate most with the attitude with humans.

Movies are not real life so they don't need to be exactly like real life movies is escapism not a tool to further ones depression.
Va'al wrote:

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby Kurona » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:27 pm

Aaaanyway, since this is the thread for TLK and not Philosophy discourse...

How's everyone feeling about the yellow robot? Still cannon fodder?
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby JazZeke » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:34 pm

Motto: "Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind."
Weapon: Shoulder Mounted Rocket Launcher
Kurona wrote:Aaaanyway, since this is the thread for TLK and not Philosophy discourse...

How's everyone feeling about the yellow robot? Still cannon fodder?

JazZeke
Headmaster
News Credits: 10
Location: Arizona, where the glass is always greener.... on the other side of the state line!
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Courage: 9
Skill: 8

New Transformers: The Last Knight Trailer to Appear Before Beauty and the Beast

Postby william-james88 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:55 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
We reported of a new trailer coming soon, possibly to cinemacon, and now we have other news regarding a new trailer. This time we are told, by Trailer Track on Twitter, that a new trailer for Transformers: The Last Knight will be seen before Beauty and the Beast this week.

This trailer has also been rated PG on the Alberta trailer rating site for those curious of more details:

However, hold onto your excitement since it is also rumoured to be a recut of the original trailer in December, so there may not be new scenes. If you want new scenes though, the recent trailers and clips from the Kids Choice Awards had plenty so you can check those out in the meantime.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:17 pm

SlyTF1 wrote:That's how the real world works. Savages only understand savagery, and if you try to treat a bunch of savages respectfully, you're doomed to fail.
You seem to have forgotten the moral that Cade taught Optimus about humanity in AOE:
“Well, What do you think being human means? That’s what we do. We make mistakes. Sometimes out of those mistakes come the most amazing things. When I fixed you, it was for a reward. That was it. That was why. For money. That was me making a mistake. Without it you wouldn’t be here. Even if you’ve got no faith in us, I’m asking to do what I’d do. I’m asking to look at all the junk and see the treasure. You gotta have faith, Prime. In who we can be.”

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Re: New Transformers: The Last Knight Trailer to Appear Before Beauty and the Beast

Postby DeathReviews » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:20 pm

Motto: "No matter where you go, always remember, I'm right behind you!

https://www.youtube.com/c/DeathReviews"
william-james88 wrote:We reported of a new trailer coming soon, possibly to cinemacon, and now we have other news regarding a new trailer. This time we are told, by Trailer Track on Twitter, that a new trailer for Transformers: The Last Knight will be seen before Beauty and the Beast this week.

This trailer has also been rated PG on the Alberta trailer rating site for those curious of more details:

However, hold onto your excitement since it is also rumoured to be a recut of the original trailer in December, so there may not be new scenes. If you want new scenes though, the recent trailers and clips from the Kids Choice Awards had plenty so you can check those out in the meantime.

I generally don't go to movies just to see trailers for OTHER movies ;) I know they put a lot of work into Beauty/Beast, but in the end, isn't this just a glitzy, live-action remake of a movie everybody's already seen like a gazillion times? At least with Transformers, whatever you may say of Bayverse, the live-action movies have been different than the old shows/movies. It may be grousing, but Beauty/Beast is going to have to do a lot better than, 'buy tickets because Hermoine is in it'....
"No matter where you go or what you do, always remember, I'm right behind you!" - Death

Click - Like - Subscribe - Awesome!
DeathReviews
Brainmaster
News Credits: 30
Watch DeathReviews on YouTube
Strength: ???
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: ???
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: ???

Postby Ted_Spaghetti » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:10 pm

Weapon: Acid Rainmaker Rifles
"Canopy's" body seems to resemble that of ROTF Long Haul. Look at the chest, legs, and hands.
Ted_Spaghetti
Mini-Con
News Credits: 3
Watch Ted_Spaghetti on YouTube
Alt Mode: Spaceship
Strength: 5
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 8

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers FATE OF CYBERTRON #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 APR221600 (CA) Hernandez"
Transformers FATE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #17 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010N"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #36 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 AUG210581 36B (CA) Powell"
TRANSFORMERS #36 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #34 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 JUN210494 34A (CA) Chan (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #34 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers SECTOR 7 #1 (of 5) Cover A IDW Comics 2010 (CA) Rood 200212a"
Transformers SECTO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #31 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 MAR210484 31RI (CA) Caltsoudas"
TRANSFORMERS #31 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #10 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 SEP210479 10B (CA) Williams II"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #2 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 APR221599 2B Griffith"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #3 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2023 1023IM389 3E (CA) Dragotta"
TRANSFORMERS #3 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #20 Marvel Comics 1986 (A/CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010V"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #6 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 MAY210470 6RI (CA) Roche"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers SHATTERED GLASS #1 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 1RI (CA) Milne 230305B"
Transformers SHATT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #56 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Furman (A) Delbo (CA) Reed 230915B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #7 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 JUN210501 7B (CA) Pirrie"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Voice Changer Helmet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Grax and Skullsmasher" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON