This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion Thread

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Discussion Thread

Postby ToaLeePrime » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:48 pm

Motto: "Strength in Solitude"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
It would be nice to see Bay's final swing at the franchise do well, however flawed it may be. I enjoyed it, and clearly other people have too, so that's good enough for me.
ToaLeePrime
Micromaster
News Credits: 3
Watch ToaLeePrime on YouTube
Alt Mode: 2016 Dodge Challenger SRT
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Courage: 5
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:05 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
Ohh that's Jim Carter! We're doing auditions for Brassed Off at moment and he's in the film of that. Awesome. Cogman lives!
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby Microraptor » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:37 am

Motto: "Don't bother praying, I'll kill your god too."
Weapon: Railgun
This one is my favorite, I hope it does well.
Shark-lover, dolphin-puncher, Hasbro fan, and all around enigmatic guy.
Microraptor
Combiner
Alt Mode: Bugatti Chiron
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 4
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Dmhead » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:48 am

Rodimus Prime wrote:Good to see it do well in its opening weekend, we'll see how it does on its 2nd weekend. I thought it was better than AoE and it was also shorter, so hopefully it will also break a billion dollars.

There is NO way this movie will make a billion. Many articles already pointed that out, because of the lowest domestic opening ever, it will hit the bottom quite hard in the second week. It will going up against Despicable 3, and WW is still doing great. Don't forget CARS 3 also. You Bayformers are holding on a thin straw of hope. This is the worse in the series and I enjoyed Age of Extinction. Not saying this will flop, but it will underperform below Paramount expectations. And it's about time.
Dmhead
Mini-Con
News Credits: 1

Postby TheDen » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:25 am

As much as I have enjoyed this series for the visuals and effects -- those really have been next-level amazing since the first movie -- I can't help but feel like this series has been such a missed opportunity to make the most of it. Imagine those amazing visuals, coupled with stories that actually had continuity from 1 movie to the next, and didn't have gaping plot holes that often undermined the premise the prior movie set -- or even the SAME movie!

For example, why is it deemed necessary for each movie in this series to have a completely different premise for when the Transformers REALLY came to Earth?

- Movie 1: The Allspark happened to land on Earth & Megatron crash-landed in the Arctic in pursuit of it during Magellan years.

- Movie 2: The Transformers were here since the cave man days, when the Primes came snooping around for suns to blow up for Energon.

- Movie 3: A bunch of them landed on the moon in earlier years, not pinpointed really.

- Movie 4: They were here since the dinosaurs on pre-historic Earth.

- Movie 5: They were here since King Arthur.

I could see if these were just 5 standalone movies, set in different universes. But for the love of Christmas man, it's supposedly a SERIES that builds off the previous movie. So why have 5 different premises for when the Transformers REALLY came to Earth. Each new movie says "Eff what the last movie said".

Hell, ROTF actually disagreed with ITSELF. They established in Act I that Optimus had no idea who the Fallen was (Like, seriously? Optimus PRIME wouldn't know the history of his own Prime lineage, but Megatron would? Absurd), yet once he's resurrected at the end of the film, he knows everything about the guy ("They were your brothers too!"), when he hadn't a clue before. He was dead for the story Jetfire told the humans. So a major plot point in the movie was undermined by the very same movie, just 90 mins later.

Again, I'm just ranting because you cats are TF enthusiasts like me & probably share my pain. So my love for this franchise over the years causes me to have that passion about it. So much visual good in these films, in terms of larger-than-life cutting-edge visuals, to be undermined by such disjointed, botched story telling...

And it's as if you're not allowed to point obvious botches like these out, or else it means you're a "Nerdboy who can't enjoy a fun summer movie".... Bay's words, btw. I appreciate the visual/action work he did. But to me a director, with Final Cut powers, to be fine with stories not connecting & plots undermining themselves later in the very same films - that's not good & the fans shouldn't be blamed for noticing.
TheDen
Mini-Con

Postby EvasionModeBumblebee » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:06 pm

Motto: "Are you telling me you could've been a Camaro this whole time?!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Just got back from seeing the movie. I LOVED it! full thoughts in the spoiler thread, but It's definitely one of my favorites. It had some flaws, like all movies do, but I thought it was great and I can't wait for the Bumblebee spin-off and the sequels!
The Beekeeper of Seibertron

Check out my Studio Series customs! Newest update: SS-99 Battletrap
evasionmodebumblebee-s-studio-series-repaints-p2062217.php#p2062217

AKA CamaroBee
EvasionModeBumblebee
Godmaster
News Credits: 53
Alt Mode: 2011 Concept Camaro
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 9

Postby partholon » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:46 pm

much as i dislike bays take on the transformers (ive only really copped now that what he's basically done is give us five movies where grimlock is leading the autobots instead of prime. think bout it. the dialogue makes perfect sense if you substitute one character for the other )

i AM glad its doing so well at the cinema.

mainly because IMO its the best film since the first and im disgusted at the pile on by so called "professional critics" who've been flaming it from day one.

its obvious to everyone they were more intrested in trying to kill this franchise than do their job.

i reckon it'll break the billion mark as the states just isnt the important market it used to be. if it WAS we wouldnt be getting sequels to "warcraft" and "pacific rim" . so a decent run there (which i reckon word of mouth will provide) combined with a stellar rest of the world preformance will get the job done.

hell its already paid for its production budget. i reckon it'll recoup its marketing one by this weekend.

looking forward to 2019 and the first "bay-less" film.
partholon
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2

Postby o.supreme » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:55 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
partholon wrote:i reckon it'll break the billion mark as the states just isnt the important market it used to be. if it WAS we wouldn't be getting sequels to "warcraft" and "pacific rim" . so a decent run there (which i reckon word of mouth will provide) combined with a stellar rest of the world performance will get the job done.

hell its already paid for its production budget. i reckon it'll recoup its marketing one by this weekend.

I doubt it will hit 1B unfortunately, also...Warcraft is getting a sequel?... :???:
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby Dmhead » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:02 pm

o.supreme wrote:
partholon wrote:i reckon it'll break the billion mark as the states just isnt the important market it used to be. if it WAS we wouldn't be getting sequels to "warcraft" and "pacific rim" . so a decent run there (which i reckon word of mouth will provide) combined with a stellar rest of the world performance will get the job done.

I doubt it will hit 1B unfortunately, also...Warcraft is getting a sequel?... :???:

The drop in the second week will make BVS pale in comparison. Many articles already predicts Last Knight will fall quite rock bottom next week at the box office.
Dmhead
Mini-Con
News Credits: 1

Postby partholon » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:46 pm

o.supreme wrote:

its looking like it

its "the most successful video game movie ever" raking in 433 mil worldwide on a 160mil budget.

believe it or not the main thing scuppering the prospect is "the mummy" and its like and the financial effect its having on universal.

so the sequel could end up being made for a china/asian audience by legendary (who are a wholey owned Chinese company now). its driving duncan jones nuts as he doesnt know if he's in or out.
partholon
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2

Postby Va'al » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:19 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
More updates on international markets incoming shortly. ;)
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Transformers: The Last Knight #1 in UK, Korea, China; Highest Ad Spending; $267.7M Global Debut

Postby Va'al » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:20 pm

As we reach mid-week point, we take another look at the international performance of Transformers: The Last Knight. Our previous report can be found here!

Digging through a number of sources, we have updates for box offices around the world, with UK, Korea, and China seeing the movie reach #1 over the opening weekend. Concerning the latter in particular, Xinhua reports:

Paramount's "Transformers: The Last Knight" won a landslide victory in the Chinese box office in the week ending June 25, grossing 856 million yuan (125.4 million U.S. dollars).

Also, an updated tally of numbers has been listed on Deadline, reporting an increase from initial projections and calculations, reaching $267.7M gross global income for the opening period across 41 markets.

Paramount’s Transformers: The Last Knight came in with a $3M bump in the actuals compared to Sunday’s estimates. That puts the fivequel at $199.2M in 41 markets at the international box office. The result is closer to the high end of the pre-weekend range. The opening is also 2% ahead of Transformers: Age Of Extinction’s 2014 launch on a like-for-like basis and at restated rates. The global haul is now looking at $267.7M for the debut frame.

That T5 rises closer to a $200M offshore launch is part of what was a swingy weekend. Initial reporting on Sunday, with $196.2M, was down from where we saw the film coming in on Saturday — partially the result of a bigger-than-expected drop in China from Saturday to Sunday. But the debut FSS cume there has lifted from $123.4M to $125.3M. (With unofficial numbers out of China, it’s at $138.2M through Monday.) Those are strong figures, but the film is not expected to leg out to top Age Of Extinction’s record run there, in what could be a sign of franchise fatigue.

Along with the Middle Kingdom, increases from Sunday’s estimates to Monday’s finals were notably seen in Germany, Italy, the UK, Malaysia and Poland.

Actuals for all films reporting have been updated below.

And finally, Paramount's fifth live-action instalment of the franchise with director Michael Bay at the helm - as we had most definitely noticed here on Seibertron.com, too - brings the highest spending on commercials and ads, according to iSpot.tv and reported by Variety.

Ads placed for the sci-fi/action film had an estimated media value of $6.38 million through Sunday for 2,128 national ad airings across 42 networks. (Spend figures are based on estimates generated from June 19-25. Estimates may be updated after the chart is posted as new information becomes available.) Paramount appears to be targeting a male-skewing, pop-culturally-savvy crowd, spending heavily across Comedy Central, Nick and Adult Swim.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones

Postby Va'al » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:48 pm

In other Transformers: The Last Knight news, we have located a campaign by Hasbro UK and toy photographer Darryll Jones - famous for Eric the Stormtrooper - to promote the new movie using the figures from the Premier Edition toyline! Found in multiple spots across the UK's capital city of London, Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Sqweeks, Grimlock and more can be found relaxing and enjoying the Big Smoke on a particularly sunny day - check out some of the images below, via his Instagram, The Drum interview, and Event Magazine!

On his photographic trip, Jones said: “I've always been really interested in taking pictures of figurines in urban environments, and it was immensely exciting to work on this project for Hasbro using the Transformers figures and iconic London landmarks to create comical installations reminiscent of a visit to London.”

In celebration of Transformers: The Last Knight hitting the big screen last week, I worked with Hasbro and captured the film’s most iconic characters in street scenes around the Capital.

Join the motley crew as they take over my instagram this week with a few of their adventures in London.

The underground can be confusing to new tourists, Optimus and Bumblebee have just arrived at Covent Garden :)

Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby frogbat » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:03 am

Motto: "All my 6 nipples are tingling."
Weapon: Self-Propelled Photon Cannon
Cute...

Prime and squeaks look the part... that bee doesn't look as good tho.. maybe too much yellow?
My personal prime collection so far in descending order of how great i reckon the toy is -
FE Prime, Silas Breakdown (Powerizer), Dreadwing (Powerizer), FE Bulkhead, Voyager StarScream (Powerizer), Ratchet, Soundwave, Arcee, Voyager Megatron (Powerizer), Wheeljack, Thundertron (Powerizer), Ultra Magnus (Powerizer), Knockout, Cliffjumper, Bumblebee,Airachnid
frogbat
Pretender
Strength: 6
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:08 am

love those photos. :)
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby Burn » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:12 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
These are freaking awesome.

You need to lift your game Va'al.
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Va'al » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:21 am

Burn wrote:These are freaking awesome.

You need to lift your game Va'al.

I know right? Curse my cameraphone.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Stuartmaximus » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:53 pm

Motto: ""i hate to love....& love to hate!""
Btw i hope the 40 or so minutes extra extended version on Blu Ray is true
Stuartmaximus
Banned

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:57 pm

Is it not a bit early to be stating 40 mins extra footage on the home version when the cinema one has only just come out? I'd like it if true but it seems a bit suspicious to me.

Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby Sigma Magnus » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:00 pm

Motto: "You may not like it, you may not understand it. But that does not mean it cannot exist."
Weapon: Sword
While that does seem suspect, it wouldn't be the first time a movie gets a ton of extra footage on the home release. Might fix all the story complains, too...
For all intensive purposes, I am not longer active on Seibertron. If you want to find me, I'm most easily reached on Twitter, @sigma_magnus
Sigma Magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 79
Alt Mode: Car
Strength: 2
Speed: 5
Courage: 3
Firepower: 6
Skill: 6

Postby Kurona » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:10 pm

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
40 minutes? A DVD version having a bit more footage is hardly surprising in 2017, but... but 40?
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Sigma Magnus » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:14 pm

Motto: "You may not like it, you may not understand it. But that does not mean it cannot exist."
Weapon: Sword
Kurona wrote:40 minutes? A DVD version having a bit more footage is hardly surprising in 2017, but... but 40?

Exactly why I'm cautious about it. Sure, we knew a lot of things were cut, but I highly doubt it was that much. If it's real, though, I welcome it.
For all intensive purposes, I am not longer active on Seibertron. If you want to find me, I'm most easily reached on Twitter, @sigma_magnus
Sigma Magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 79
Alt Mode: Car
Strength: 2
Speed: 5
Firepower: 6
Skill: 6

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:44 pm

If it's true I hope to see Galvatron become Megatron (I suspect Quintessa is capable and likely responsible for giving Megs a true TF body again perhaps with her disgusted at the human-made body he had before) and Cogman taking Nitro's body showing off his headmaster thing that was mentioned but not seen. But yes if it's truuue that there's 40 mins extra on home version.

Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby Va'al » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:44 pm

Stuartmaximus wrote:Btw i hope the 40 or so minutes extra extended version on Blu Ray is true

Is there any source whatsoever for this?
(except for a picture on the internet, which is not a fact, just.. a picture on the internet)
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:01 am

Not of great importance but I liked that Transformers was listed on an article on the BBC news site as one of 2007's successes. :)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/4 ... e-turns-10

Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE #2 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926S"
TRANSFORMERS UNIVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TWINFERNO +  DABURU Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete 2016 231208I"
TWINFERNO + DABUR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VECTOR PRIME METALHAWK Transformers Power Primes Prime Master POTP 2017 New"
VECTOR PRIME METAL ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHIRL Transformers Generations Voyager complete + instructions 2014 230920A"
WHIRL Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Classics Deluxe complete Hasbro 2006 230920A"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-GS26 ARTFIRE & NIGHTSTICK Transformers Generations Selects 2021 240402"
NEW!
WFC-GS26 ARTFIRE & ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CYCLONUS + NIGHTSTICK Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2022 New"
CYCLONUS + NIGHTST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE #2 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926T"
TRANSFORMERS UNIVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR + HYPERFIRE Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2016 231208V"
BLURR + HYPERFIRE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELJACK Transformers Generations Deluxe complete Hasbro 2011 230809A"
WHEELJACK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CYCLONUS + NIGHTSTICK Transformers Classics Universe Deluxe complete 230920A"
CYCLONUS + NIGHTST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCOURGE + FRACAS Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2016 231208K"
SCOURGE + FRACAS T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Trypticon WING (RIGHT SHOULDER) Transformers Titans Return part accs 230817F"
Trypticon WING (RI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR + HYPERFIRE Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2016 230427A"
BLURR + HYPERFIRE ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 05 Voyager Class Movie 2 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Air Raid Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON