This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

TakaraTomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-32 Beast Convoy (Optimus Primal) Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece Optimus Primal Thread

Postby Hellscream9999 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:04 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
Tyberion wrote:I have one suggestion/demand for a MP Inferno...a hinged jaw in Robot Mode :-P

He was a massive character, bigger than tm megs... so that's not only possible, but likely - if it happens :PRAY:
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Corsair » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:25 pm

Motto: "That which does not kill me has made a grave tactical error."
Weapon: Concussion Rifle
Hellscream9999 wrote:Well, I mean the ones that made it through the first 2 seasons + terrorsaur and airazor would be a right nightmare to engineer :HEADHURTS:

Terrorsaur would be a pain to engineer but i would still love to see them try, even if they cheated and have you remove his Beast Mode Wings when transforming him. I have a big soft spot for Terrorsaur.
Corsair
Minibot
Alt Mode: 2000 horse power of nitro-boosted warmachine
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 6
Courage: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 4

Postby Hellscream9999 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:27 pm

Tyberion wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:Well, I mean the ones that made it through the first 2 seasons + terrorsaur and airazor would be a right nightmare to engineer :HEADHURTS:

Terrorsaur would be a pain to engineer but i would still love to see them try, even if they cheated and have you remove his Beast Mode Wings when transforming him. I have a big soft spot for Terrorsaur.

More that he has like 4x the amount of mass in bot mode than he does in beast mode, let alone there's nearly no room to put any of it, there would be too many compromises, and I'm not sure I could endorse it.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:36 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
A Beast wars cast would be awesome in masterpiece scale. buncha fun stuff! :BOT:
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece Beast Wars Convoy (Optimus Primal) Thread

Postby Seibertron » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:38 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
A little off topic, but all of this Beast Wars talk has me excited. Here was my birthday treat to myself this week, which Sabrblade will appreciate!

Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby william-james88 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:09 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Seibertron wrote:A little off topic, but all of this Beast Wars talk has me excited. Here was my birthday treat to myself this week, which Sabrblade will appreciate!

If any fan is curious, this is a DVD of a theatrical multi part Beast Wars movie in Japan
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Beast_Wars_Speci ... ansformers

It was released on DVD once in 1999 and that is it.

It also had a promotional campaign with sausages:

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Seibertron » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:19 pm

william-james88 wrote:
Seibertron wrote:A little off topic, but all of this Beast Wars talk has me excited. Here was my birthday treat to myself this week, which Sabrblade will appreciate!

If any fan is curious, this is a DVD of a theatrical multi part Beast Wars movie in Japan
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Beast_Wars_Speci ... ansformers

It was released on DVD once in 1999 and that is it.

It also had a promotional campaign with sausages:

Most importantly, it's the only DVD release in the world of this episode:

Lio Convoy in Imminent Danger! was the second segment of the film. Lio Convoy in Imminent Danger was an original 45-minute film told through cel-animation using the cast from Beast Wars II. Optimus Primal made a special surprise guest-appearance, as well.
Seibertron
Site Owner

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:52 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
That's awesome Seibs! I can approve of this. this is cool and technically still on topic :BOT:
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:45 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Oh my! That's awesome, Ryan!

And it's a perfect means to transition to another point I want to make: Imagine if they made Masterpiece Beast Wars Second and Neo toys. Their beast modes were likewise cartoony-looking rather than realistic, and in some cases (due to be hand-drawn rather than CGI) arguably even more expressive and filled with more personality.

If Takara were to make MPs of the BWII and Neo cast, I'd certainly be down for the beast modes looking like they did on the show, big anime eyes and all.

And in some cases they'd kind of have to, like for Moon, who was pretty much an anime space rabbit:

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Emerje » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:37 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Sabrblade wrote:* - Seriously, the Ultra class Primal toy has no free arm movement. His arms are all tied to a gear-based gimmick that allows him to either beat his chest in beast mode or spin his sword-swinging arms around in robot mode. His arms can't freely move in any which way without somehow gutting the gimmick (which I did to mine). Otherwise, any which way one tries to move one of his arms will in turn cause his opposite arm to move in some random motion on its own.

I have absolutely no idea why you would need to gut the figure to give the arms free movement. You lock the lever down to keep the arms from moving and then push the little black tabs on the upper arms down to turn the bicep swivel from gear based to regular clicky ratchet joint. That's one of the best things about that figure, you can completely disengage the gimmick if you don't want it.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 236
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:42 pm

Emerje wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:* - Seriously, the Ultra class Primal toy has no free arm movement. His arms are all tied to a gear-based gimmick that allows him to either beat his chest in beast mode or spin his sword-swinging arms around in robot mode. His arms can't freely move in any which way without somehow gutting the gimmick (which I did to mine). Otherwise, any which way one tries to move one of his arms will in turn cause his opposite arm to move in some random motion on its own.

I have absolutely no idea why you would need to gut the figure to give the arms free movement. You lock the lever down to keep the arms from moving and then push the little black tabs on the upper arms down to turn the bicep swivel from gear based to regular clicky ratchet joint. That's one of the best things about that figure, you can completely disengage the gimmick if you don't want it.

Emerje
Didn't work like that on mine. I had to open up the back and remove the central component that connected the movement of the arms together, and then opened up both upper arms to remove those two tabs you mentioned. Now his arms are completely free to move in any which way I want them to (even if the lever on his back is now useless, but I don't care about that). :)

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Amelie » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:14 pm

Motto: "I-I'm sorry.. I-I'll be going now.."
Weapon: No Weapon
Seibertron wrote:Most importantly, it's the only DVD release in the world of this episode:

Lio Convoy in Imminent Danger! was the second segment of the film. Lio Convoy in Imminent Danger was an original 45-minute film told through cel-animation using the cast from Beast Wars II. Optimus Primal made a special surprise guest-appearance, as well.

We want a gallery of this nao, please. :-D
Burn wrote:Let it be known, I murdered Amelie.
Accidentally.

Back from the dead, like some curious zombie amalgam...
Amelie
Godmaster
News Credits: 33
Alt Mode: Unicrons Transformation Cog
Strength: 3
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Courage: 5
Firepower: 1
Skill: 10

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:17 pm

Amelie wrote:
Seibertron wrote:Most importantly, it's the only DVD release in the world of this episode:

We want a gallery of this nao, please. :-D
I'll do you one better. How would you like to watch this movie, plus entire Beast Wars II cartoon, subtitled in English?

Cuz thanks to Karyuudo Fansubs, it's gonna happen soon. 8-)

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby phantom1592 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:02 pm

I've always been a fan of the designs for Leo Convoy and Magnaboss... never seen them in action though.

Would LOOOOOVE a Masterpiece of either of them!
phantom1592
Fuzor
Buy from phantom1592 on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:46 pm

phantom1592 wrote:I've always been a fan of the designs for Leo Convoy and Magnaboss... never seen them in action though.
Behold:

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Emerje » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:26 am

Well that video just makes me sad. RIP my Silverbolt figure, 1997 - 2015. The eagle mode neck section, Magnaboss's headdress shattered into three pieces combining them with minimum force. GPS strikes again.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby ZeroWolf » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:46 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Emerje wrote:Well that video just makes me sad. RIP my Silverbolt figure, 1997 - 2015. The eagle mode neck section, Magnaboss's headdress shattered into three pieces combining them with minimum force. GPS strikes again.

Emerje

I am very, very carefully with my silverbolt now for this very reason, I've already had the clip break on me that keeps the sections together in bird mode. He's combined at the moment but I dread doing anything else with him.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Emerje » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:46 pm

ZeroWolf wrote:
Emerje wrote:Well that video just makes me sad. RIP my Silverbolt figure, 1997 - 2015. The eagle mode neck section, Magnaboss's headdress shattered into three pieces combining them with minimum force. GPS strikes again.

Emerje

I am very, very carefully with my silverbolt now for this very reason, I've already had the clip break on me that keeps the sections together in bird mode. He's combined at the moment but I dread doing anything else with him.

I'm sure. I thought I was being careful, but a put some pressure on the back of the part to get it on the back of Magnaboss' head and the whole piece caved in. TFWiki says GPS is rare on him, but I think it's more like owners just don't transform him enough to notice.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

New Renders - Takara Tomy Masterpiece Beast Wars Optimus Primal

Postby Va'al » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:20 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Courtesy of Twitter user tagoal, who has been effectively live-tweeting the programming on Japanese channel Tokyo MX, we have some new renders for the upcoming Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece Optimus Primal. The images, mirrored below, give us an idea of how the transformation on the figure might work - you can sort of see the stomach to chest conversion, and some further panelling - and how it compares to the two modes from the animated series. Check them out, and keep the discussion going in the Energon Pub!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:05 pm

That has to be the best-proportioned season 1 Primal toy design we've ever gotten.

But the big heels on the feet in both modes concern me.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Ultra Magnus » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:17 pm

Motto: "COME ON YOU APES! YOU WANNA LIVE FOREVER?"
Weapon: Dual Cluster Bomb Missile Launchers
So Cool!

:-D :APPLAUSE: :DANCE:
"Alright Bots, the time is Now. Transform and Finish it!"

Ultra Magnus
Combiner
News Credits: 2
Strength: 8
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+

Postby Seibertron » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:20 pm

Emerje wrote:I'm sure. I thought I was being careful, but a put some pressure on the back of the part to get it on the back of Magnaboss' head and the whole piece caved in. TFWiki says GPS is rare on him, but I think it's more like owners just don't transform him enough to notice.

It's not rare on him, just have to be careful. All it takes is one little slip up unfortunately. Mine has survived so far, but mostly because of lack of use. I have a few backups from the Seibertron.com store though that I'm holding on to just in case. :D
Seibertron
Site Owner

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:36 pm

I'm liking the look and the aesthetic. I likes a lot. :BOT:
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby william-james88 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:38 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Ok, I am back in. They are doing a totally new and different transformation here. And I get it. The gorilla head is far better proportioned and thus too small to turn into the chest. So instead, it fold into the backpak.

Cant wait to see this guy in finished to form!
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Hellscream9999 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:52 pm

william-james88 wrote:Ok, I am back in. They are doing a totally new and different transformation here. And I get it. The gorilla head is far better proportioned and thus too small to turn into the chest. So instead, it fold into the backpak.

Cant wait to see this guy in finished to form!

Welcome back aboard the hype train :DANCE:

I cannot wait to seem more of this guy, weighed down only slightly by the appearance of a button on his back that might interfere with his articulation - still cautiously hyped :DANCE:

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RED ALERT Transformers Cybertron Burger King Fast Food Premium 2005 190518"
RED ALERT Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKYBLAST ROBOT MODE Transformers Attacktix Energon complete Hasbro 2006 190518"
SKYBLAST ROBOT MOD ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "EVAC Transformers Cybertron Legends of Cybertron complete Hasbro 2005 230719A"
EVAC Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Armada HOT SHOT Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Class Hasbro 2023 New"
Armada HOT SHOT Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RED ALERT Transformers Cybertron Burger King Fast Food Premium 2005 230719A"
RED ALERT Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ARMADA #1 Dreamwave Comics DW 2002 (W) Sarracini (A/CA) Raiz"
Transformers ARMAD ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ENERGON AXE ATTACK OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cyberverse Power Spark Warrior New"
ENERGON AXE ATTACK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Dinobot GRIMLOCK Transformers Armada RID Dinobots complete + more 211023A"
Dinobot GRIMLOCK T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RED ALERT Transformers Armada McDonald's Happy Meal Fast Food 2002 230719A"
RED ALERT Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MINI-CON SKYBOOM Transformers Attacktix Energon complete Hasbro 2006 230427B"
MINI-CON SKYBOOM T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CAPTAIN CARTRIDGE Transformers BotBots Con Crew Line League handheld game 2019"
CAPTAIN CARTRIDGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SNOW CAT Transformers Energon Combat Class complete + instructions 2004 230427A"
SNOW CAT Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PREDACON W/ SIDE BURN + SKID-Z Transformers Armada Max-Con complete 2003 231209A"
PREDACON W/ SIDE B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOT SHOT Transformers Cybertron Legends of Cybertron complete 2005 220813A"
HOT SHOT Transform ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Voice Changer Helmet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alpha Trion Prime Master" on AMAZON