This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

IDW Transformers: Lost Light Ongoing Discussion Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light Ongoing Discussion Thread

Postby Soundwave902 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:53 pm

Motto: "Job specs don't matter, but shanix does"
Weapon: Sonic Disruptor
Rodimus Prime wrote:Image

So this issue is the conclusion of the 2nd story arc in LL?

If you want to get technical it's the third story arc but yes, it is
Soundwave902
Mini-Con
News Credits: 8
Watch Soundwave902 on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronic Jet
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Courage: 5
Firepower: 3
Skill: 4

Postby WreckerJack » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:46 am

Motto: "The complain train is leaving the station."
Weapon: Arc-Welders
My comic shop called me saying they finally got #8 in. (I read it already but I like to have my own copy and support the comic.) Seems like forever since we got a new Lost Light. Looks like the next one isn't gonna be out till September the 13th so that will be a ways.
WreckerJack
Godmaster
News Credits: 295
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

iTunes Preview for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #9

Postby Va'al » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:40 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
We have another three-page preview for you today, courtesy of iTunes, and this time for IDW Publishing's Transformers: Lost Light #9! The story continues on Troja Major, and in the pages mirrored below...

All sides converge on Troja Major as the race to unlock the secrets of a unique Cybertronian reaches its desperate, violent conclusion. As old secrets are revealed, Nautica must pay the ultimate price-by resorting to the ultimate currency.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby ScottyP » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:11 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
And after the three pages featuring the world's saddest Velocity, it turns out it's the reader who has feelings to spare.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 639
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Randomhero » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:28 am

My feelings are : yeah this a story up there with the charisma leeches, scavengers intro and Swearth as arcs I literally don't care about
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby Kurona » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:47 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Aside from THE FEELS I'm getting, I'm curious what race Mengel is if not Cybertronian. They mentioned she's 'warm-wired', and I doubt we'll get more info on what is probably an irrelevant species, but I'm interested nonetheless.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby ArmadaPrime » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:57 am

Weapon: Requiem Blaster
Kurona wrote:Aside from THE FEELS I'm getting, I'm curious what race Mengel is if not Cybertronian. They mentioned she's 'warm-wired', and I doubt we'll get more info on what is probably an irrelevant species, but I'm interested nonetheless.

Bottom page, first bubble: she's a Catharsian
what that actually means I've no idea, though it's presumably derived from "catharsis" which is definitely appropriate given then themes of this story...
Certified Expert™ in reading wikis to pretend I know more about things than I actually do
ArmadaPrime
Brainmaster

Postby Randomhero » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:33 am

ArmadaPrime wrote:
Kurona wrote:Aside from THE FEELS I'm getting, I'm curious what race Mengel is if not Cybertronian. They mentioned she's 'warm-wired', and I doubt we'll get more info on what is probably an irrelevant species, but I'm interested nonetheless.

what that actually means I've no idea, though it's presumably derived from "catharsis" which is definitely appropriate given then themes of this story...

It means it's another robot race. That's all. There's dozens of them. Some are possible colonies like the now extinct ardurians and others like some we've seen as part of Roms organization are just robots
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby ricemazter » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:56 am

Motto: "Search and Attack,
Attack and Destroy,
Destroy and Rejoice!"
Weapon: Ionic Displacer Rifle
Randomhero wrote:
ArmadaPrime wrote:

It means it's another robot race. That's all. There's dozens of them. Some are possible colonies like the now extinct ardurians and others like some we've seen as part of Roms organization are just robots

I wish her design was actually different from a Cybertronian's. As a mechanical race, she looks like every other robot in the story. The stentarians were cool and had their own visual aesthetic, but I wouldn't have known Mengel was a different species had the comic not told me.

Also, she's called Mengel? Really? Why not just call her I.M. McBadguy?
ricemazter
Fuzor
Watch ricemazter on YouTube
Strength: 4
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 9

Postby Randomhero » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:39 am

Because we already had killmaster who's real name was also retarded
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby ricemazter » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:46 am

Attack and Destroy,
Destroy and Rejoice!"
Randomhero wrote:Because we already had killmaster who's real name was also retarded

At least killmaster was supposed to be stupid and it follows conventional transformer naming conventions, but I can't help but feel that Mengel is supposed to be clever or something. Like, it would've actually been better to just call her death angel.
ricemazter
Fuzor

Postby WreckerJack » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:37 am

That orange dude must be Swindle's creepy cousin.

I think Lost Light has balancing issues. I really do like cute stories now and then but too many of them doesn't feel genuine. It's the main adventure stories that give the "feelsy" ones meaning.
WreckerJack
Godmaster

Postby Randomhero » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:07 pm

ricemazter wrote:
Randomhero wrote:Because we already had killmaster who's real name was also retarded

At least killmaster was supposed to be stupid and it follows conventional transformer naming conventions, but I can't help but feel that Mengel is supposed to be clever or something. Like, it would've actually been better to just call her death angel.

It's probably Greek or Latin or something like that.

That's Roberts. He tries to make up clever unique names and it just tubs out to be a Greek or Latin word.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby SureShot18 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:18 pm

Motto: "Certainty of death, small chance of success...What are we waiting for?"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
The only thing I'm not a fan of for this mini-arc, which also happens to be the main-ish plot, is the attempt to bring Skids back. Don't get me wrong I really like Skids, but I'm of thought that if a character dies they should stay dead. My hope is that it resolves with Skids not returning and Nautica realizing she needs to move on and cherish him as he was. It would definitely make for a much better lesson than comic book revival fan-service.
SureShot18
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 2
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Kurona » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:25 pm

Given how this preview's gone, I get a strong feeling he's not actually coming back. Something along those lines seems bound to happen, Sureshot.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby ricemazter » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:42 pm

Attack and Destroy,
Destroy and Rejoice!"
Randomhero wrote:
ricemazter wrote:

That's Roberts. He tries to make up clever unique names and it just tubs out to be a Greek or Latin word.

Ok, I actually bothered to look it up. The closest thing I could find was Mengel as an old German surname that derives from another, older German word for trader or peddler. It's still German, which doesn't dispel my original thought about what Roberts' might be referencing.

I'm fine with latin/greek names. They sound find while still conforming to transformers naming conventions in a way that better explains what a character is all about. I especially like, Trepan.
ricemazter
Fuzor

Postby Randomhero » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:12 pm

It's fine once in a while but sometimes it's just annoying because some of that stuff is straight from our own culture that would not be used as names for aliens.

Like Don Figueroa used to write the Japanese names of transformers or just transformers in Japanese on the side of Cybertron cities as an Easter egg. That's a language man. A human language. That just looks ridiculous
Last edited by Randomhero on Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby SureShot18 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:10 pm

Motto: "Certainty of death, small chance of success...What are we waiting for?"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Kurona wrote:Given how this preview's gone, I get a strong feeling he's not actually coming back. Something along those lines seems bound to happen, Sureshot.

Yeah you're right, Mengel doesn't seem to be good and honest type. I Didn't get around to saying it when the last issue came out so I figured I'd throw the opinion out there now.
SureShot18
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 2
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Randomhero » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:37 pm

SureShot18 wrote:
Kurona wrote:Given how this preview's gone, I get a strong feeling he's not actually coming back. Something along those lines seems bound to happen, Sureshot.

Yeah you're right, Mengel doesn't seem to be good and honest type. I Didn't get around to saying it when the last issue came out so I figured I'd throw the opinion out there now.

If that is honestly the case than I see this story going as:

Natica finally learns to let skids go. As her and Lotty leave, Mengel yells from the door "wait! You forgot his brain!" natica says "I don't need it now" and the last page Skids is revived by Mengel without a anyone knowing because they've left.

Please for the love of god don't let it be that cliche
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Ballistic90 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:46 pm

ricemazter wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
ricemazter wrote:

Ok, I actually bothered to look it up. The closest thing I could find was Mengel as an old German surname that derives from another, older German word for trader or peddler. It's still German, which doesn't dispel my original thought about what Roberts' might be referencing.

I'm fine with latin/greek names. They sound find while still conforming to transformers naming conventions in a way that better explains what a character is all about. I especially like, Trepan.

Seriously? Everyone, it's a reference to the Nazi doctor:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josef_Mengele
Please check out my YouTube channel, Bigg Hungry Joe at

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyyR-O ... SDZpTpnNJA

Updates every wednesday with a new transformer review!
Ballistic90
Fuzor
Watch Ballistic90 on YouTube

Postby WreckerJack » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:05 pm

Well, that's just cringe. Also they have the same toothgap thing...ugh.
WreckerJack
Godmaster

Postby Rodimus Prime » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:19 pm

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
Ballistic90 wrote:Seriously? Everyone, it's a reference to the Nazi doctor:

That was my first thought as well. But IIRC, Shockwave was already compared to and/or modeled after Dr. Mengele due to his experiments, though I'm not sure which writer started that.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby ricemazter » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:46 pm

Attack and Destroy,
Destroy and Rejoice!"
Ballistic90 wrote:
ricemazter wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
ricemazter wrote:

Seriously? Everyone, it's a reference to the Nazi doctor:

That's what I originally thought, hence my references to death angel/angel of death, as he would become known. Though, I did want to give Roberts the benefit of the doubt that it might be something a bit more clever (forgot about the tooth gap, though). I didn't say it outright because I didn't think it entirely appropriate to start talking too extensively about high profile Nazis on a transformers fan site. Thank you for ripping off that band aid in all sincerity.
ricemazter
Fuzor

Postby Rodimus Prime » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:13 pm

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
Do we have a definite list of characters who support Getaway in his mutiny?
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby Kurona » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:21 am

Rodimus Prime wrote:Do we have a definite list of characters who support Getaway in his mutiny?

Right now, basically everyone who wasn't kicked off the ship, or who was away for the Combiner Wars crossover. Naturally we don't know if there's people still on the Lost Light against him; but that's what we'll be waiting for #10 for.

In terms of characters left on the Lost Light that have mattered narratively in the past... Perceptor, Atomizer, Thunderclash, Bluestreak, Mainframe, Blaster and Riptide are the ones that come to mind right now.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DINGER Transformers BotBots Series 3 jock squad baseball 2019 Hasbro"
DINGER Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CALAMITY KEYS Transformers BotBots Series 3 Music Mob 2019 Piano"
CALAMITY KEYS Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MAKEOVER N OVER Transformers BotBots Series 3 Swag Stylers 2019"
MAKEOVER N OVER Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 5 Hasbro 2021 New"
IRONHIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ROOTWING Transformers BotBots Series 1 Shed Heads 2018 Hasbro plant dragon"
ROOTWING Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RANGER LAMPTON Transformers BotBots Series 4 Wilderness Troop Hasbro 2020"
RANGER LAMPTON Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SLIPSTREAM Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 5 Hasbro 2021 New"
SLIPSTREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VENUS FROGRAP Transformers BotBots Series 1 Shed Heads 2018 Hasbro venus flytrap"
VENUS FROGRAP Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DISASTER MASTER Transformers BotBots Series 4 Wilderness Troop Hasbro 2020 tent"
DISASTER MASTER Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OVERPACK Transformers BotBots Series 2 Lost Bots 2019 backpack"
OVERPACK Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 2 Hasbro 2019 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GOLDFACE Transformers BotBots Series 4 Winner's Circle Hasbro 2020 Goldrush"
GOLDFACE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Series 1 GRIMLOCK Transformers Tiny Turbo Changers Last Knight Movie AOE 230118A"
Series 1 GRIMLOCK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DISGUSTO DESSERTO Transformers BotBots Series 3 Spoiled Rottens 2019 cannoli"
DISGUSTO DESSERTO ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition "Year of the Goat" Exclusive Masterpiece Soundwave by Hasbro" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Twinferno and Daburu" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe protectobot Groove" on AMAZON