This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks, Rumours, Reveals, and More

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Power of The Prime Thread

Postby Mr.MicroMaster » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:21 am

Motto: "Chose to see today as the bright and beautiful tomorrow it can be"
Weapon: Automatic Machine Gun
Their goes people’s hopes for slightly better looking Windcharger at least deco wise anyway.
Mr.MicroMaster
Fuzor
News Credits: 8
Alt Mode: APC
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby shajaki » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:25 am

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
This is depressing. I guess they're not interested in exporting ANY of these?

BUT. As others have said, this will give my wallet a good breather.
shajaki
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 293
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby Stuartmaximus » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:10 am

Motto: ""i hate to love....& love to hate!""
So lemme get this straight! they're going all LG-43 with this?

well that's messed up! :-x

I take it the days of Takara repaints are truly over :(
Stuartmaximus
Banned
News Credits: 19

Postby Albatross250 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:16 am

Motto: "Operation: T E R M I N A T I O N"
Weapon: Heat-Seeking Incendiary Missiles
Stuartmaximus wrote:So lemme get this straight! they're going all LG-43 with this?

well that's messed up! :-x

I take it the days of Takara repaints are truly over :(

Hasbro wins, Takara Loses.

But Hey, If Takara included the Manga of these, I'll be damned :-D

Looks like Hasbro takes the Turning Point :michaelbay:
Still Playing Fall Of Cybertron, it's still a great sequel!
Albatross250
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 27
Alt Mode: Type 74 Main Battle Tank
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10

Postby kurthy » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:18 am

Motto: "Illumination through acceleration!"
Weapon: Metal Tearing Serrated Circular Blade
It's all a plan to let us save for mp Dinobot and MP BW Megatron afterwards.
kurthy
Pretender
News Credits: 13
Alt Mode: John Deere 6M Series Tractor
Strength: 1
Intelligence: N/A
Endurance: 4
Firepower: 1
Skill: ???

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks, Rumours, Reveals, and More

Postby albnok » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:11 am

superrobotstarscream.jpg

Don't know if this has been posted before, but guess who Starscream becomes when he becomes a torso! (Also, the "super robot" quote.)
albnok
Minibot
News Credits: 4
Watch albnok on YouTube

Postby Cobotron » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:41 am

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword
"Super robot"?! Well yeah! :lol:

Here's a different super robot.

DINOPRIME!

Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:02 am

Interesting. Those instructions would seem to indicate that Volcanicus and Abominus are the only 2 planned team combiners from Hasbro so far and everyone else is an extra torso or limb.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10

Postby ScottyP » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:46 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
This makes me sad. It makes me happy from a financial perspective though, so at least there's that.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 639
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Evil Eye » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:47 am

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
On the plus side, at least Takara Jazz still seems to have the MAGA decal, so together with Sentinel Prime and Rook I can have the Triggering Trio.

But seriously, what the hell prompted this?
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby o.supreme » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:03 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
Black Hat wrote:But seriously, what the hell prompted this?

I honestly have no idea, just some thoughts though...Hasbro did try to purchase TT recently, but that fell through. Perhaps Hasbro was not pleased that some fans preferred imports over their own product? Making all product the same eliminates this. However, as I've stated many times already, I'm still curious to see, what hasn't been seen yet. I believe we *may* be pleasantly surprised. I mean the TF/Street Fighter crossovers as well as re-release of Metroplex, and the upcoming Grand Maximus shows TT isn't completely washed up yet.

Also, as big a fan as I am of :TAKARATOMY: , looking objectively at the first 9 figures they have for PP, other than paint aps...what really could they change? There was a time when I wanted all things to be the same across the board. I figured though that the "quality" line would be split somewhere in the middle (maybe not quite as good as :TAKARATOMY: , but better than the average :HASBRO: product). And maybe that's what we are getting? The only figure I have thus far is Dreadwind, and while he is a CW Aeiralbot reused mold, I can see quite a bit of engineering was involved in making alterations to it. Definitely not a "lazy" figure IMHO. Perhaps we are seeing the fruition of that "split" quality difference/unification in this line.

I mean all the product comes form the same facility in Vietnam. Perhaps it was a mutually beneficial/cost effective agreement not to have 2 different runs of essentially the same toy just to appeal to local preferences? -As I said I have no facts on this, just throwing out ideas.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby Stuartmaximus » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:04 am

Motto: ""i hate to love....& love to hate!""
And people wonder why we've got 3rd party figs! when you've got $h1t like this happening
Stuartmaximus
Banned
News Credits: 19

Postby steals_your_goats » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:16 am

Weapon: Twin Swords
People are acting like this is the end of the world. The figures we got are not bad by any stretch of the imagination and there's honestly not much Takara could've changed. Stickers sure, blue fists for prime and black for jazz and windcharger's forehead but that's pretty much it. Was there this much outcry when Takara revealed their entire last knight line to be the same as Hasbros?

And I highly doubt Hasbro has any say over what Takara does. They are partners one doesn't own the other. I think the logical answer is Takara is over extended and saw this as a way to go "easy" for once. Between Masterpiece, Legends, POTP, TLK, the upcoming movie series and MTB they have a lot of stuff out or coming out. They probably just needed a financial breather.
Delta Magnus wrote:This is because you are a hamhanded idiot.
steals_your_goats
Godmaster
News Credits: 13
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Dimetrodon
Strength: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 4

Postby Skritz » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:52 am

TF-fan kev777 wrote:Interesting. Those instructions would seem to indicate that Volcanicus and Abominus are the only 2 planned team combiners from Hasbro so far and everyone else is an extra torso or limb.

Well that would REALLY sucks.
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby KVO Prime » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:08 pm

Well that sucks. Was hoping for blue fists on OP and darker gray on windcharger. Thankfully they're doing this after they released Blurr, Astrotrain, and Kup
KVO Prime
Minibot

Postby gothsaurus » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:16 pm

Here's hoping their release are just so spaced apart that they can't reveal them in the instructions. Holding out hope for more later.

And come on, Hasbro... we need some characterization, names, bios, pictures, stats for these combiners!!!
gothsaurus
Gestalt

Postby Bronzewolf » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:16 pm

Motto: ""What Would Sky Lynx Do?""
Weapon: Double-Barreled Solid Sonic Energy Blaster
The newest Transformers you'll be, Power of the Primes has been slowly trickling it's way into mass retail stores. For quite a while now, the figures had only been seen at Target, but now we have proof that they're making their way to other big box stores! Our very own ScottyP sent a brand new sighting our direction, not of a figure, but of a new store display!
The display comes from a Wal-Mart in North Carolina, and features various stocking stuffer toys. Among them Lego Polybags, Nerf Darts, and POTP Legend Class Figures! With a price tag of $9.94, this is one of the first times these figures have been spotted at a non-Target store, and certainly the first time we've seen this display! This will hopefully make it easier for collectors and fans to fond the highly coveted figures! Check out the provided image of the display below!

----------
#Rodgate
#Braingate
#Domegate
:DAFT-PUNK-GM: :DAFT-PUNK-HAPPY:
Bronzewolf
Brainmaster
News Credits: 419
Alt Mode: 2016 Aston Martin Vanquish
Strength: 6
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby o.supreme » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:32 pm

^That's a beautiful display, typical of Walmart :lol:
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Emerje » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:36 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
So you're supposed to attach the spare fists to the back of the feet like heels, but you're also supposed to attach them to the sides of Valcanicus to fill out his torso? Didn't really think this all the way through, did you Hasbro? :HEADHURTS:

Going to have to keep an eye out for those displays. We've all been watching the pegs, but I guess it's the main aisle ways we should be watching.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 236
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby o.supreme » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:44 pm

I kid earlier, but I'm just glad we're seeing new product at all. In years past I've seen entire toy aisles wiped out by Black Friday. Not so this year. There's till plenty of TLK, and some stores still have a glut of TR Wave 4 repack deluxes (ugh...) . Not that I wanted anything from wave 5 or 6 (except Ramhorn...) But I guess I can pretty much resign looking for them. May have to bite the bullet and purchase Ramhorn on BBTS (well the whole assortment) for $20, and just get whatever I can back by reselling the ones I already have.

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Skritz » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:51 pm

I'm still going to hope for Monstructor in Wave 5-6... :(
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:55 pm

o.supreme wrote:I kid earlier, but I'm just glad we're seeing new product at all. In years past I've seen entire toy aisles wiped out by Black Friday. Not so this year. There's till plenty of TLK, and some stores still have a glut of TR Wave 4 repack deluxes (ugh...) . Not that I wanted anything from wave 5 or 6 (except Ramhorn...) But I guess I can pretty much resign looking for them. May have to bite the bullet and purchase Ramhorn on BBTS (well the whole assortment) for $20, and just get whatever I can back by reselling the ones I already have.

Entertainment Earth is another option for Ramhorn if you only want Ramhorn. Just no clue how much longer he is going to take from there. Currently says Jan 2018.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander

Postby o.supreme » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:56 pm

Skritz wrote:I'm still going to hope for Monstructor in Wave 5-6... :(

You and me both. No reason to doubt at this point. Still may be some surprises. With CW Hasbro released several box sets (though in the US most were only available online...). For TR there were 2 box sets, bot sold exclusively through 2 different retailers (TRU & BBTS...).

Predaking next year will be odd...Normally I'd say for US residents you cojld probably get it in store at TRU, but depending on TRU's financial outlook it may be available only online at TRU.com and HTS.com... But I'm hoping for a couple of other box sets from PotP either late in 2018, or early in 2019.

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Emerje » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:01 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
o.supreme wrote:Hasbro did try to purchase TT recently,

That was just speculation on a possible purchase, there wasn't an insider source or anything official said.

I think steals_your_goats has the right idea. Takara Tomy usually doesn't do a lot of lines simultaneously and they seem to have a lot planned for next year. Besides the stuff he mentioned (Legends is probably going on break after Grand Maximus and Great Shot) there's also the theorized return of Unite Warriors (for the Dinobots, Terrorcons, and the G1 Fembots if they manage a full set) and who knows what other exclusives they have planned (maybe a premium PotP Optimus?). It isn't very surprising that they'd let Hasbro take the lead on these rather than develop new paint schemes. And in hindsight this actually does a lot to explain why so many of these figures are cartoon accurate (Orion Pax and blue Swoop) when Hasbro had been going for G1 toy accuracy for a while.

Also, if this isn't proof that higher quality paint also means a higher price I don't know what is.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 236
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:03 pm

Emerje wrote:So you're supposed to attach the spare fists to the back of the feet like heels, but you're also supposed to attach them to the sides of Valcanicus to fill out his torso? Didn't really think this all the way through, did you Hasbro? :HEADHURTS:

Why not both? First you attach the extra hands to the heels. Next you bend the legs upward like a pretzel and also attach them to the torso. Now you have Volcontortionisticus! :michaelbay:
TF-fan kev777
City Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K27 RHINOX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K27 RHINOX Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K2 RATTRAP Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K2 RATTRAP Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E38 MEGATRON Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Tomy ER-13 Takara New"
WFC-E38 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-05 RATTRAP + TERRORSAUR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
NEW!
BWVS-05 RATTRAP + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K23 PREDACON SCORPONOK Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K23 PREDACON S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #6 Cvr B IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 6B (CA) McGuire-Smith"
TRANSFORMERS #6 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCRAPHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-24 Animated Movie Voyager 2024 New"
SCRAPHEAP Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E18 AIRWAVE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-E18 AIRWAVE Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cover B (1st Print) IDW Comics 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 1B"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K25 WINGFINGER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K25 WINGFINGER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K7 PALEOTREX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K7 PALEOTREX T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FRENZY (RED) Transformers Studio Series 86 SS-115 Core Takara Tomy 2024 New"
NEW!
FRENZY (RED) Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K33 SLAMMER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
NEW!
WFC-K33 SLAMMER Tr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Protectobot Groove Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Cosmos" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Triggerhappy and Blowpipe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON