This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks, Rumours, Reveals, and More

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks, Rumours, Reveals, and More

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:05 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
I completely forgot about cutthroat for a moment there. I too think the seacons are coming and monstructor for that matter. Wouldn't it be nice if they did the impossible and gave the brainmasters a bit if love...and Road Ceasar (and the multiforce)
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Dr. Caelus » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:37 pm

ZeroWolf wrote:I completely forgot about cutthroat for a moment there. I too think the seacons are coming and monstructor for that matter. Wouldn't it be nice if they did the impossible and gave the brainmasters a bit if love...and Road Ceasar (and the multiforce)

I can imagine some really off the wall stuff. Like, PotP Inferno retooled into G1 Grapple, and released alongside four deluxes based on the RID Build Team, which could then be repainted a few years down the line as a poor man's Devastator.

It would be pretty weird, but I could also imagine Volcanicus recolored as Magmatron for a boxset like Liokaiser, or a recolor of CW Optimus Prime sold at Leader class with CW-compatible drones.
Check out my books, Titanomachies and Divine Retribution, on my blog!
Dr. Caelus
Faction Commander
News Credits: 6

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:48 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
I would love an energon style op with drones
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Albatross250 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:40 am

Motto: "Operation: T E R M I N A T I O N"
Weapon: Heat-Seeking Incendiary Missiles
found something at Loopaza FB Page: Figure King (No. 242) , Hi Re-scan of Optimal, Bludgeon, Elita-1 and Terrorcons + Abominus,

Predaking can be seen as a prototype here.
Still Playing Fall Of Cybertron, it's still a great sequel!
Albatross250
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 27
Alt Mode: Type 74 Main Battle Tank
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Figure King #242 Scans Feature Transformers Power of the Primes Optimus Primal, Elita-1, Abominus, M

Postby Va'al » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:54 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
It's a Friday in Japan too, meaning that March's new releases are starting to pop up across the internet as local fans and collectors acquire their figures and start blogging and photographing them! As this is happening, fellow Seibertronian Albatross250 has pointed us towards the Loopaza Mega Store Facebook page, and some more toy news in the form of scans of the Transformers-related pages of Figure King magazine #242.

The pages feature mostly Power of the Primes products, with Optimus Primal taking most of the space, but accompanied by the likes of Hun-Grrr and the Terrorcons as Abominus, Quintus Prime in his Decoy Suit, Elita-1 and her combiner form Elita Inf1nite, and a small shot of Predaking in his grey prototype mold. Check it all out below!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Acesmcgee » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:47 am

Motto: "It only takes one step to move forward."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Sitting here giggling over the photos, not in excitement, but general amusement. Hey, here is Optimus Primal as a square, here is product advertisement mis-transformers Abominus. I know it is supposed to be a call back to original look, but damn if it doesn't make me think of the badly transformed Hasbro product photos we get. :lol: Not planning on getting Primal, but if I did/do that photo wouldn't change my mind. Wouldn't see the backpack when I displayed it, and woudlnt really care when I played with it. Still like a little kid when ever I see Abominus as in the back of my head I can hear my inner child throwing "I want" fits.
Acesmcgee
Fuzor
Alt Mode: Pickup truck
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6

Postby Randomhero » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:16 am

Acesmcgee wrote:Sitting here giggling over the photos, not in excitement, but general amusement. Hey, here is Optimus Primal as a square, here is product advertisement mis-transformers Abominus. I know it is supposed to be a call back to original look, but damn if it doesn't make me think of the badly transformed Hasbro product photos we get. :lol: Not planning on getting Primal, but if I did/do that photo wouldn't change my mind. Wouldn't see the backpack when I displayed it, and woudlnt really care when I played with it. Still like a little kid when ever I see Abominus as in the back of my head I can hear my inner child throwing "I want" fits.

Yeah pretty sure Abominus isn’t mistransformed. Takara likes to to do little homages to the original toys sometimes in their promotions. Hence why Windrazers wings aren’t folded up and the arms look like bricks and Sinner Twin is backwards. They’ve done stuff like that before with unite Warriors and why the pic of abominus next to it shows him with all his articulation.

But please don’t let me knock you off that high horse you’re on
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby Adimus Prime » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:41 am

High horse? You're exhibiting what psychologists csall projection.
Unicron was born down the street from me. No joke.
Adimus Prime
Minibot

Postby Randomhero » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:23 am

Adimus Prime wrote:High horse? You're exhibiting what psychologists csall projection.

And you’re a functional adult criticizing toys. What do psychologists call that?
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Counterpunch » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:32 am

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
JFC guys...

Knock it off.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4

Postby Dr. Caelus » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:48 am

As of yesterday my Psychology PhD is officially ABD. I'm too stoned from the medical procedure I just came out of to have an argument, but my professional opinion is "FFS take a chill pill."
Check out my books, Titanomachies and Divine Retribution, on my blog!
Dr. Caelus
Faction Commander
News Credits: 6

Postby DMSL » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:45 am

Weapon: Electro-Laser Cannon
So any news on differences with this Terrorcon set as compared to the Hasbro releases?
DMSL
Transmetal Warrior
Watch DMSL on YouTube
Intelligence: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7

Postby Flashwave » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:49 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
DMSL wrote:So any news on differences with this Terrorcon set as compared to the Hasbro releases?

No reason to expect them to be any different. Hasbro and Takara are sharing toy production, so everythibg should be the same, unless Takara does a special exclusive thats not part of the main toyline release (like Great Shot)
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Skill: 9

Postby Wolfman Jake » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:21 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Flashwave wrote:
DMSL wrote:So any news on differences with this Terrorcon set as compared to the Hasbro releases?

No reason to expect them to be any different. Hasbro and Takara are sharing toy production, so everythibg should be the same, unless Takara does a special exclusive thats not part of the main toyline release (like Great Shot)

Welcome to the new normal! Hasbro and Takara are "uniting the brand" and will no longer be doing separate decos or tooling for their major retail releases. It started with the The Last Knight movie figures last year and is continuing now with Power of the Primes and the new Studio Series. Hasbro is even releasing later this year Takara's recently announced Anime Color Edition of Masterpiece Prowl. This all is why there aren't separate threads for Hasbro and Takara Tomy versions of Power of the Primes. It's all the same thing now, so all the news on both sides of the Pacific Ocean is lumped into one thread for simplicity.

I do miss the option of having Takara's G1 cartoon color schemes, premium decos, and extra tooling going forward, but at the same time, I think Takara is influencing Hasbro's deco decisions now, so we're getting a compromise of sorts. Also, my wallet is definitely happier getting these toys almost exclusively at domestic retail now.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Intelligence: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Postby Acesmcgee » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:09 pm

Isn't the only difference going to be wave distribution? I think that the set of terrorcons will be released in the same assortment compared to our own waves mixed up approach.
@Randomhero, I am not sure what high horse you think I'm on, but that wasn't my intent to offend anyone. I was just trying to be a little silly and poke fun at the toys, so if I offended you, apologies. If your intent was being silly also, it went over my head, maybe my horse wasn't high enough? :-P :lol:
Acesmcgee
Fuzor

Postby Skritz » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:16 pm

Acesmcgee wrote:Isn't the only difference going to be wave distribution? I think that the set of terrorcons will be released in the same assortment compared to our own waves mixed up approach.
@Randomhero, I am not sure what high horse you think I'm on, but that wasn't my intent to offend anyone. I was just trying to be a little silly and poke fun at the toys, so if I offended you, apologies. If your intent was being silly also, it went over my head, maybe my horse wasn't high enough? :-P :lol:

Didn't Takara release the Dinobot separately?
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby Acesmcgee » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:24 pm

Not sure, thought they released them all together in the same wave. I easily could be wrong.
Acesmcgee
Fuzor

Postby Wolfman Jake » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:20 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Skritz wrote:
Acesmcgee wrote:Isn't the only difference going to be wave distribution? I think that the set of terrorcons will be released in the same assortment compared to our own waves mixed up approach.

I believe the Dinobots are all coming out together in Takara's wave 2 of Power of the Primes. Keep in mind, their first wave isn't hitting until May, I think.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Firepower: 2

Postby Teknomage » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:11 pm

Any idea if they will release that Optimus Primal in the red and blue scheme like they did for beast wars.
Teknomage
Mini-Con
Endurance: 9

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:36 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Teknomage wrote:Any idea if they will release that Optimus Primal in the red and blue scheme like they did for beast wars.
That was in Beast Machines.

And, no, not in Power of the Primes, at least.

Frankly, I don't expect to see this mold used by Hasbro again anytime soon since the current brand team doesn't seem to really care for Beast Wars, and the only real reason that they made this figure at all was because the character won the fan poll.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438

Postby bodrock » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:41 am

Motto: "Spare me this mockery of justice!"
Weapon: Heat-Seeking Laser Blasters
It almost makes me wanna get PotP Optimal Optimus -- to show Hasbreh I want more Beast Wars!

Still on the hunt for Moonracer in OR -- Walmart is failing me. At least there's Slash and Cloudburst....
IMG_1180.JPG
Last edited by bodrock on Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Transform & MEMEIFY!

>GAME-ON/UTAWARERUMONO/
>PretenderQuest
>On InstaGram
bodrock
City Commander
Alt Mode: Space Gangsta
Strength: 8

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:08 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Wolfman Jake wrote:
Skritz wrote:

I believe the Dinobots are all coming out together in Takara's wave 2 of Power of the Primes. Keep in mind, their first wave isn't hitting until May, I think.

Acesmcgee wrote:Not sure, thought they released them all together in the same wave. I easily could be wrong.

That's exactly it, the only difference between Hasbro and TakaraTomy worth noting seems to be assortment-related, in fact there's two:

1) Members of standard Duocon/Combiner Teams are released together in the same wave. Dinobots are all in the same wave, the Terrorcons as well, same goes for the Dreadwing and Battletrap Duocons. "Spares" like Starscream and Jazz are released whenever it fits.
2) Straight retools are omitted from the main retail line, for the most part. Landmine, Bomb-Burst and Tailgate have been skipped, and we can expect the same for Inferno and Novastar. That's not to say they'll be released there at all, it's possible they'll be exclusives.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Speed: 8
Skill: 5

Transformers Power of the Primes Inferno Artwork

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:40 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Thanks to TF-Factory on weibo, we have the artwork for the upcoming Power of the Primes Inferno figure, set be the wave 3 voyager and the last voyager of the line. The figure is a repaint of Combiner Wars Hot Spot with a new head, and was revealed earlier this month at the Australian Toy Fair. The artwork features Inferno is a hovering action pose as laser bolts go flying past him, typical of the Power of the Primes artwork.

You can check out the artwork below, and after that, head to our comments section to discuss it! Is this a good use of the Hot Spot mold? Should there have been more retooling? How do you feel about this being the last voyager of the line? Talk about this and more below!

I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Firepower: 8

Postby DaXtraLargeRobot » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:42 pm

Motto: "Sometimes the easy way is the right way... sometimes."
Weapon: Laser-Blazer Broadsword
Isn't it weird that he has Onslaught's shoulders and what looks like a unique chest to me in the artwork but the actual toy is just a red Hot Spot with a different head. I still want it though.
DaXtraLargeRobot
Mini-Con
Alt Mode: A flatbed missile truck
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:43 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Still has Onslaught's shoulders and chest piece. We can haz combined mode nao? :-D
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Speed: 8

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K31 SHADOW PANTHER Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K31 SHADOW PAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FRENZY (RED) Transformers Studio Series 86 SS-115 Core Takara Tomy 2024 New"
NEW!
FRENZY (RED) Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-02 RHINOX + SCORPONOK Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2023 New"
BWVS-02 RHINOX + S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K25 WINGFINGER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K25 WINGFINGER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K17 ARCEE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K17 ARCEE Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K33 SLAMMER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
NEW!
WFC-K33 SLAMMER Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E38 MEGATRON Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Tomy ER-13 Takara New"
WFC-E38 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JUNKHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-14 Animated Movie Voyager 2022 New"
JUNKHEAP Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E18 AIRWAVE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-E18 AIRWAVE Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E22 QUINTESSON JUDGE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Tomy ER EX-08"
WFC-E22 QUINTESSON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PRIMAL + MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom 2023 New"
BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARCEE Transformers Studio Series 86-16 G1 Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
ARCEE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S16 PTERAXADON Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Battle Master 2019 New"
WFC-S16 PTERAXADON ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Ultra Bee, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Breakdown Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Hyperfire and Blurr" on AMAZON