This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks, Rumours, Reveals, and More

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks, Rumours, Reveals, and More

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:46 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Sabrblade wrote:Wonder which Beastformer this dastard will be based on this time (if the trend continues, that is). :-?

When taking colors and allegiance into account, possibly Goldar (no, not that one) aka Ferocious Tiger, or the Laser Beast Brown Lion. As an aside, Black Panther/Jaguar is a Destron ally, and Scope Cougar in Legends had Toraizer's body.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby Lore Keeper » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:43 am

It's always possible (and likely) they'll just use the already available Repugnus Titan Master.
Lore Keeper
Headmaster
News Credits: 11

Postby Qwan » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:53 am

Motto: "There's no such thing as a no-lose situation, but if you try your hardest, you'll lose the least."
Weapon: Hand-Mounted Lasers
Lore Keeper wrote:It's always possible (and likely) they'll just use the already available Repugnus Titan Master.

That's actually pretty unlikely, based on the way Hasbro does things. The Repugnus TM is molded along with his bug-suit, just as whatever body this new Repugnus is based on (my money is on Doublecross again) will be molded along with the TM for that figure. So to just use the pre-existing TM would mean, pretty much, throwing away one Titan Master and one Titan Master-accessory per Repugnus made. Much more economical to just make another new face for the Doublecross mold, and maybe switch out a part or two on that mold's partner TM to make it resemble a particular Battle Beast (or whatever what they should be called).

ultraimpossibleman wrote:Grand innacurration and heavy mistakes !

Diem wrote:This is exactly the kind of nonsense I'm here for.
Qwan
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 102
Watch Qwan on YouTube
Alt Mode: The very concept of transformation itself
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:08 am

Qwan wrote:
Lore Keeper wrote:It's always possible (and likely) they'll just use the already available Repugnus Titan Master.

That's actually pretty unlikely, based on the way Hasbro does things. The Repugnus TM is molded along with his bug-suit, just as whatever body this new Repugnus is based on (my money is on Doublecross again) will be molded along with the TM for that figure. So to just use the pre-existing TM would mean, pretty much, throwing away one Titan Master and one Titan Master-accessory per Repugnus made. Much more economical to just make another new face for the Doublecross mold, and maybe switch out a part or two on that mold's partner TM to make it resemble a particular Battle Beast (or whatever what they should be called).

My money is also on Doublecross, more specifically the Grotusque mold, with a new bug head, and maybe retool the arms/hands a little bit. Can't wait, then Repgunus can join my ever growing "I'm gonna shoot you with myself" club. Old photo below, I was going to update it a few times, but Hasbro keeps putting out either new mini weapons of figures I have, or figures of mini weapons I have. Guess I'll wait for Repugnus then get the crew together for an update.

Shoot with Myself.jpg
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Strength: 7
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10

Postby Munkky » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:15 am

Motto: "Why are yoo runnin'? WHY are yoo runnin'?"
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
I was hoping this would come with one of the unaccounted for Prime Masters, it makes me even more worried that they won't happen at all. Regardless, Twinferno is still fairly common at brick-and-mortar stores in my area, so I've been toying with the idea of adding the Monsterbots to my collection for a while. I can just pick up a discounted Twinferno from my local toy shop, get Repugnus when he's out, then rob a couple of banks to get Grotusque actually the Ebay prices for Grotusque are surprisingly okay for an older exclusive, so it might just be doable.
Munkky
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 11
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby ZeroWolf » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:33 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
So a exclusive solus prime eh? I have to wonder what thought goes into deciding which prime master is put into these sets :-?
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Emerje » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:02 am

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
So glad Repugnus is staying a TR figure to keep the trio the same. I would have still bought him as a combiner, but I wouldn't have been happy with the lost potential.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 240
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3

Postby Aimless Misfire » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:30 am

Dastard: dishonorable or despicable person.
Ya know this is an Autobot right? That definition doesn't fit an Autobot at all. That name would work better for Swindle's headmaster (if he had one).

With that said, I can't wait for this figure. I LOVE REPUGNUS! My favorite of the 3.
Aimless Misfire
Minibot

Postby ZeroWolf » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:41 am

It fits if in his character bio he upset the cons so switched sides to stay alive
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:42 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Aimless Misfire wrote:Dastard: dishonorable or despicable person.
Ya know this is an Autobot right? That definition doesn't fit an Autobot at all. That name would work better for Swindle's headmaster (if he had one).
Not every Autobot is a model citizen. Blades, Whirl, Flame, even Repugnus himself are all downright despicable and/or dishonorable.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 439
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Skill: 9

Postby bacem » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:02 am

With that said, I can't wait for this figure. I LOVE REPUGNUS! My favorite of the 3.

eh, pretty much the whole monsterbots trio are far from righteous. If anything, they are more lawless and more violent than the dinobots on the battlefield.
bacem
Combiner
News Credits: 31
Watch bacem on YouTube

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:52 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
bacem wrote:

eh, pretty much the whole monsterbots trio are far from righteous. If anything, they are more lawless and more violent than the dinobots on the battlefield.

Repugnus takes the cake in that aspect. He's in fact been kicked out on multiple occasions, only to be asked back for jobs so dirty regular Autobots wouldn't go near them. Even better, the dirtier the job, the more Repugnus revels in it. So the name for the Titan Master definitely fits.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Skill: 5

Postby blackeyedprime » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:38 am

Motto: "Me Grimlock, you slag."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
Kind of feels like Wreckgar got left out of having a little guy packaged with him.
blackeyedprime
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: a spoon
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 5
Firepower: 2

Postby DecepticonFinishline » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:10 pm

Motto: "Can you change the radio to KZUM, please?"
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Thank god. It has a Titan Master. They did it effing right.

Now. Just do these with Titan Masters, and my level of respect will increase tenfold: Springer, Sandstorm and Cyclonus. Just... Please. Please make everything match!

(P.S. They could do those three and then, like, a G2-Shuttle Blast Off, and a few other missing pieces. If they put Special Edition Prime Masters with each, we could get Special versions of each to hang out with the Pretender Armors. That would BLOW MY EFFING MIND. :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: )
DecepticonFinishline
Targetmaster
News Credits: 14
Alt Mode: Taxi cab
Endurance: 2
Courage: 4

Postby ZeroWolf » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:59 pm

I don't know...we got really good springer and sandstorm figures just a few years ago...wait...it was four years ago :shock:
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby DecepticonFinishline » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:51 pm

ZeroWolf wrote:I don't know...we got really good springer and sandstorm figures just a few years ago...wait...it was four years ago :shock:

They were GREAT figures. I'm still VERY fond of Sandstorm. But they don't match... And that keeps me up at night.
DecepticonFinishline
Targetmaster

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:54 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
DecepticonFinishline wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:I don't know...we got really good springer and sandstorm figures just a few years ago...wait...it was four years ago :shock:

They were GREAT figures. I'm still VERY fond of Sandstorm. But they don't match... And that keeps me up at night.
Just pretend that the reason that the other Triple Changers are all Headmasters while Springer and Sandstorm aren't is because Springer decapitated them all with his sword (but left Sandstorm's head alone). :P
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 439
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7

Postby Flashwave » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:06 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
DecepticonFinishline wrote:Thank god. It has a Titan Master. They did it effing right.

Now. Just do these with Titan Masters, and my level of respect will increase tenfold: Springer, Sandstorm and Cyclonus. Just... Please. Please make everything match!

(P.S. They could do those three and then, like, a G2-Shuttle Blast Off, and a few other missing pieces. If they put Special Edition Prime Masters with each, we could get Special versions of each to hang out with the Pretender Armors. That would BLOW MY EFFING MIND. :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: )

Better idea: make Triple Changers that match Sprimger and Sandstorm. Octane and Blitwing are cool toys, but to be honest I am most enjoying Megatron and Scourge from those molds. Broadside only gets a Passable plane mode if you use the Fan Mode, abd that... thing... Astrotrain turns into is NOT a Train. Hasbro knows how to do it, the Classics toy is beautiful if not a tad too small, and the G1 toy transforms nicely between the two. But this?
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6

Postby DecepticonFinishline » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:16 pm

Flashwave wrote:
DecepticonFinishline wrote:Thank god. It has a Titan Master. They did it effing right.

Better idea: make Triple Changers that match Sprimger and Sandstorm. Octane and Blitwing are cool toys, but to be honest I am most enjoying Megatron and Scourge from those molds. Broadside only gets a Passable plane mode if you use the Fan Mode, abd that... thing... Astrotrain turns into is NOT a Train. Hasbro knows how to do it, the Classics toy is beautiful if not a tad too small, and the G1 toy transforms nicely between the two. But this?

That'd be fine too!

But we're reallllllly close to getting all the On-Screen characters from English-G1 in Prime Wars. You can probably count the missing characters on your fingers and toes. I'd like to see them finish it off in the Combiner/Titan Master-style.

AND THEN go back and do the others in a great CHUG toy to match Thrilling-Springer/Sandstorm.
DecepticonFinishline
Targetmaster

Postby Emerje » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:48 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Just noticed Nemesis Prime is missing from Amazon, his link comes up with an error now. Of course it hasn't been canceled, but I wonder if maybe they're updating the listing and preparing for its release?

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 240
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3

Postby SpikeyTigertron » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:11 pm

Flashwave wrote:

I'm actually surprised we haven't gotten an Omega Supreme (energon nod) out of the mode yet.... if they could figure out the colors right, the shuttle mode could be yellow ala The Ark
SpikeyTigertron
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 2

Postby Roadbuster » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:14 pm

Omega Supreme has been short-listed for Titan-class. If one is put out, it will likely be no taller than Devastator and Predaking. The WFC line coming out would be the perfect time to do it too. We should know more pretty soon.
Roadbuster
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 6

Postby Flashwave » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:11 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Roadbuster wrote:Omega Supreme has been short-listed for Titan-class. If one is put out, it will likely be no taller than Devastator and Predaking. The WFC line coming out would be the perfect time to do it too. We should know more pretty soon.

And if Hasbro keeps to their trent of alternating, we should be due for a "Basebot" soon.

I WOULD actually ne down for an Omega Supreme, I could totally see that homage. Anf the Energon OS was also a Headmaster...
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:41 pm

Flashwave wrote:And if Hasbro keeps to their trent of alternating, we should be due for a "Basebot" soon.

Not quite alternating, but close, more like sandwiching a combiner between 2 city bots.
Metroplex, Devastator, Fort Max, Trypticon, Predaking, To Be Determined. (Grand Max intentionally left out since he's just a redeco and Takara only.)

We do know that they had to have some preliminary designs for Omega Supreme and Scorponok based on them being in the fan poll that got us Trypticon, so I would say that one of those 2 is most likely next. Unicron would be the wildcard since he is coming up in the comics.

My gut tells me Omega Supreme would be next since the Decepticons already have a 3-2 advantage.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby ZeroWolf » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:29 am

TF-fan kev777 wrote:
Flashwave wrote:And if Hasbro keeps to their trent of alternating, we should be due for a "Basebot" soon.

Not quite alternating, but close, more like sandwiching a combiner between 2 city bots.
Metroplex, Devastator, Fort Max, Trypticon, Predaking, To Be Determined. (Grand Max intentionally left out since he's just a redeco and Takara only.)

We do know that they had to have some preliminary designs for Omega Supreme and Scorponok based on them being in the fan poll that got us Trypticon, so I would say that one of those 2 is most likely next. Unicron would be the wildcard since he is coming up in the comics.

My gut tells me Omega Supreme would be next since the Decepticons already have a 3-2 advantage.

This^ in fact, I was a bit dissatisfied when they announced predaking as it broke the nice little pattern they were building up of alternating between factions. To point out though, it's not a slight against the predaking toys, just my unhappiness at a pattern being broken...even if it was in my head.

Also it's worth pointing out that TR Astrotrain was inspired by his storm bringer designs which were a cybertonian alt mode (he hadn't been to earth yet)
ZeroWolf
News Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NEMESIS PRIME Transformers Legacy Evolution TL-37 Core Class G1 Takara Tomy New"
NEMESIS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #5 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 APR210675 5A (A/CA) Burcham"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUZZSAW Transformers Beast Machines Basic + tech spec Hasbro 2000 220121A"
BUZZSAW Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "UNICRON Transformers Super7 Reaction Retro Wave 6 G1 Prototype 2023 New"
UNICRON Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #3 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 FEB210484 3RI (CA) Perez"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MP-44S OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Masterpiece G1 Takara Tomy Hasbro 2024 New"
NEW!
MP-44S OPTIMUS PRI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ASTROTRAIN Transformers G1 Triplechangers complete + instructions 1985 221120A"
ASTROTRAIN Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #14 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 JAN220491 14B (CA) Chi"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #4 Cvr B IDW Comics 2021 MAR210486 4B (CA) Schoening"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #7 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 JUN210500 7A (CA) Ossio"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #9 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 AUG210585 9RI (CA) Milne"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Wreckers TREAD & CIRCUITS #1 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 AUG210537 1A"
Transformers Wreck ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUMP-KUN First Transformers G1 dump truck complete Hasbro 1986 220825A"
DUMP-KUN First Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JET-KUN First Transformers G1 airplane complete Hasbro 1986 220825A"
JET-KUN First Tran ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #349 - Agent of Chaos
Twincast / Podcast #349:
"Agent of Chaos"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 4th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Blaster and Twin Cast (Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Monxo and Wolfwire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON