This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Studio Series General Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion

Postby Rtron » Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:22 pm

Motto: "Stop, please."
o.supreme wrote:Forgive my lack of attention to detail, but what's the difference between Sideswipes appearance in RotF vs DotM? I meay I know other Transformers that had basically identical modes in multiple films still get more than one toy,but I was just curious.

Sideswipe is a roofed car in Revenge of the Fallen, and a convertible version of the same car in Dark of the Moon.
Rtron
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 1
Alt Mode: Rusty-spotted cat
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 1

Postby EvasionModeBumblebee » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:56 pm

Motto: "Are you telling me you could've been a Camaro this whole time?!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Really want to see some more pics of Jolt's head sculpt. All the prior figures are based on concept art, and we don't see a lot of Jolt's head in ROTF. . . or the rest of him, really xD

This is probably the best look we have of it:
Jolt.jpg

One other thing: The kibble on SS Jolt's back is actually fairly accurate, the alt mode side windows in particular work nicely as the thin parts that stick out:
Jolt.jpg
The Beekeeper of Seibertron

Check out my Studio Series customs! Newest update: SS-99 Battletrap
evasionmodebumblebee-s-studio-series-repaints-p2062217.php#p2062217

AKA CamaroBee
EvasionModeBumblebee
Godmaster
News Credits: 53
Alt Mode: 2011 Concept Camaro
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 9

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:32 am

Weapon: Thermal Sword
Welp, I thought I was done collecting SS Autobots until they released a better Crosshairs and Drift (not counting new movie designs from Rise of the Beasts of course), but Jolt looks too good to pass up! Sideswipe might also get picked up due to my nostalgia for the ROTF toy (even after I took a break from collecting TFs after Prime ended, I still loved messing with ROTF Sideswipe), but he might be a clearance buy
Sentinel_Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: Sea Serpent
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 5
Endurance: 4
Courage: 4
Firepower: 2
Skill: 5

First Images Of Upcoming Studio Series Jolt and ROTF Sideswipe

Postby william-james88 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:32 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Fellow Seibertronian EvasionModeBumblebee, among others, alerted us of new images showing the upcoming deluxe Studio Series Jolt and ROTF Sideswipe. These deluxes are going to be in the same wave as the previously revealed SS 86 Gnaw figure. Jolt is a completely new mold while Sideswipe is a retool of the DOTM SIdeswipe figure we got a few years ago. The molding differences are all in the alt mode since he is no longer a convertible here.

These should be coming out in a couple of months and their preorders were already available when the full waves became available to purchase a month ago on a few sites like BBTS and Entertainment Earth. However, both these toys are called "TBA" in those full wave listings. We don't now when Hasbro will choose to reveal them officially but it should be soon or else we will see these at retail before the reveal.

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Munkky » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:39 am

Motto: "Why are yoo runnin'? WHY are yoo runnin'?"
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
I've been waiting a long time for this reveal, as I suspected it looks as if Jolt has been modeled on his final design in the movie rather than the concept art that every other Jolt toy is based on. He's a bit kibbly, but still looks okay, I may need to see a few more images before I commit to buying one.
Last edited by Munkky on Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Munkky
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 11
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby That_Guy » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:55 am

Weapon: Energon Cutlass
It's sad I keep forgetting Jolt exists. I feel like he didn't get much love in the toyline.
That_Guy
Minibot
Strength: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 3
Courage: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Postby Spider5800 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:56 am

I have the original RotF Jolt, and he's such a minor character that I was going to skip this, but that actually looks pretty good.

Having a hard time telling from EvasionMode's pics if it's actually more accurate, though, haha. Can't even tell if he had those turbine's/fans on his chest in the movie. The hands look better, at least. :lol:
Optimus Prime: Freedom is the right of all sentient beings!

Megatron: Bite my shiney metal ass!
Spider5800
Vehicon
News Credits: 2

Postby o.supreme » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:01 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
I'm going to be watching Pulse like a hawk for the next hour or so. There has only been ONE TF reveal in all of June, and I (randomly) predicted there would be *hopefully* one more, even in a GI Joe focused month of June. I believe we will be getting a LOT of reveals in July. Although I don't collect SS, I think it would be nice for Hasbro to throw it's fans a bone once in a while. ya'll have been more than patient.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby Spider5800 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:06 am

That_Guy wrote:It's sad I keep forgetting Jolt exists. I feel like he didn't get much love in the toyline.

He actually did pretty good toywise for such a minor character. Two different deluxe versions between RotF and DotM (a movie he didn't even appear in), a few repaints, and I believe a legends figure too.

Edit: Takara had a really good repaint of the DotM mold with better accessories, too.

Last edited by Spider5800 on Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Optimus Prime: Freedom is the right of all sentient beings!

Megatron: Bite my shiney metal ass!
Spider5800
Vehicon
News Credits: 2

Postby JazztfLaw » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:27 am

Figures.... I gave up hope that they would ever release a ROTF remold of, Sideswipe, that I went bought the current one for 30 bucks extra. Way to go, Hasbro. Your timing is beautiful :roll:
JazztfLaw
Mini-Con

Postby jtanimator » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:29 am

o.supreme wrote: I think it would be nice for Hasbro to throw it's fans a bone once in a while. ya'll have been more than patient.

Thank you, kind sir, for being considerate enough to say this. It's rare for non SS series fans to understand that large amounts of people still like what they may not, and every part of this fandom deserves their portion of fun.

Concerning this reveal, this Jolt is about as kibble heavy as car bots come, but it is pretty dang accurate so He'll certainly be in my collection! Finally, he's been revealed!!
jtanimator
Minibot

Postby That_Guy » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:07 am

Weapon: Energon Cutlass
Spider5800 wrote:
That_Guy wrote:It's sad I keep forgetting Jolt exists. I feel like he didn't get much love in the toyline.

He actually did pretty good toywise for such a minor character. Two different deluxe versions between RotF and DotM (a movie he didn't even appear in), a few repaints, and I believe a legends figure too.

r_jolt-122.jpg

Edit: Takara had a really good repaint of the DotM mold with better accessories, too.

r_takara-jolt-100.jpg

I wanna say Hasbro had a really good one that was suppose to come out, but it got cancelled. I never really looked at the Takara ones, at least then I didnt. As I didnt think I could obtain those. I was always a brick and motar guy back then.
That_Guy
Minibot
Speed: 5
Endurance: 3
Courage: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:21 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
That_Guy wrote:I wanna say Hasbro had a really good one that was suppose to come out, but it got cancelled.

He actually was at one point, as the ones involved in the movie couldn't make up their minds whether or to include him. That lead to the design of his original toy being halted upon notification he was cut, only to be rushed to completion when they realised the news was a tad premature. That's why the original wasn't... quite to standard, even with the line plagued by late mold changes of earlier figures thanks to the 2008 crisis.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby Tuned Agent » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:48 am

Motto: "The real scale was the friends we made along the way."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Jolt finally revealed! And... I'm so used to his RotF toy design that his hands are the only thing that looks familiar on this toy. I need to re-familiarize myself with Jolt. :lol:

I never really liked the original SS Sideswipe, mostly because of his deco. He used this cheap looking (IMO) light gray plastic for a lot of his parts that really clashed with his silver alt mode parts. This version fixes all of those deco issues, and just generally looks so much more visually consistent. Changing the plastic colors, painting the head, forearms, torso and wheel rims, and not having two-tone thighs makes a MASSIVE difference. Plus, I always preferred the RotF alt mode. This guy looks fantastic, I just hope he still has his guns.
Tuned Agent
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 20
Alt Mode: 2018 Dodge Challenger
Strength: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 6
Skill: 8

Postby william-james88 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:50 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"

I would say Jolt got a ton of love (like 4 toys at least) compared to characters that were in there for as long as him and got no toys so far (like Devcon).
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Nemesis Primal » Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:13 pm

Motto: "Anything worth doing is worth suffering for."
Weapon: Twin Swords
I'll be honest, I kinda burnt out and lost interest in SS last year and ended up skipping a few figures I intended to get (Jet Shatter and Blitzwing, mainly), and so far this year only select SS86 figures had caught my eye, but I've been campaigning for a new Jolt in this line since it started, so of course he's the one to bring me back in. He looks good, I'm sure he'll look better with his kibble transformed properly (since it looks different in every shot), and hey, I was today years old when I learned that Jolt has had the wrong head for the past 12 years and was supposed to be Garrus Vakarian this whole time.

Sideswipe is a pass since I got the DotM one already.
Nemesis Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 48
Alt Mode: Purple monkey I guess
Speed: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Postby hausjam » Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:32 pm

2021. And Hasbro is still making shellformers. It was a fun gimmick 20 years ago. Now it's just lazy and ugly. (I mean, I am too, but I am not trying to get paid for lazy and ugly)
hausjam
Minibot

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:07 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
hausjam wrote:2021. And Hasbro is still making shellformers. It was a fun gimmick 20 years ago. Now it's just lazy and ugly. (I mean, I am too, but I am not trying to get paid for lazy and ugly)
You do know that all that kibble is how Jolt's CG model from Paramount and ILM looks, right?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Intelligence: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby EvasionModeBumblebee » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:05 pm

More pics of Jolt and Sideswipe. Jolt seems to have much longer whips than what appeared in the first round of pics (and appears to be somewhat better transformed here, though they forgot to fold up the tires on his hip panels), and we get confirmation that Sideswipe will have his guns.

The post also claims to have pics of SS High Octane Bumblebee, which is identical to the release from a 2017 box set. JTPrime confirmed that it is, in fact, a new production number, so this does seem legit.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQtyVLBsCcJ/

Here's a few of the notable ones:

Jolt 1.jpg

Jolt 2.jpg
Last edited by EvasionModeBumblebee on Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AKA CamaroBee
EvasionModeBumblebee
Godmaster

Postby Rtron » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:54 pm

Yay, I love Jolt! Despite him barely existing. I think it's because he's basically the only normal car in the movies. Also, he is easily headcanoned into a sort of nurse robot because of his tiny role in combining Optimus and... Jetfire's corpse. I just love bots with civilian roles and everyday altmodes. They feel more like "robots in disguise" to me. Everyone else in the movies is some custom vehicle or ultra expensive car, they'd catch a lot of eyes. Not a very good disguise. I still remember the only Camaro I've seen in my life, and it turned out it belonged to a local drug lord. But I wouldn't look twice if I saw a car that looked like Jolt's alt mode on the street.

o.supreme wrote:I'm going to be watching Pulse like a hawk for the next hour or so. There has only been ONE TF reveal in all of June, and I (randomly) predicted there would be *hopefully* one more, even in a GI Joe focused month of June. I believe we will be getting a LOT of reveals in July. Although I don't collect SS, I think it would be nice for Hasbro to throw it's fans a bone once in a while. ya'll have been more than patient.

Such a nice comment! Very much appreciated. You were right about the reveal, although it turned out to be a Jurassic Park one.
Rtron
Headmaster Jr

Postby EvasionModeBumblebee » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:30 pm

Quick edit to my post from earlier, JTPrime found that the production number on that High Octane Bee is actually new. Looks like it is getting reissued, likely as a part of Buzzworthy.

That's really disappointing for me, High Octane Bee is the only deluxe Bayverse Bumblebee I don't like.

AKA CamaroBee
EvasionModeBumblebee
Godmaster

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:45 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
I hope they officially reveal all these guys soon. I want to see some good stock photos to take a deeper look at the new guys, Jolt especially with his movie accurate head for the first time ever.

I will be very sad if they just reissue the original High Octane Bee. that mold really needed another go, it was probably bottom 3 weakest AOE toys to come out. Which is a shame because that design is really nice.
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Overcracker » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:47 pm

Motto: "Collecting little transforming action figures is the right of all sentient Geeks."
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
Sideswipe looks pretty cool, Hopefully I can get him.

Also, am I the only one having issues accessing this site? Seems I can only access it on my phone’s cellular connection. When using Wi-Fi it simply won’t load. And the report a problem thread just gives me a 503 error.
Check the Collection Manager Updates at the thread in the General discussion forum.
TF Search Website First Beta is now up. Click this link!
Beast Wars complete, Beast Machines almost done.
Last Update: March 14, 2024:
Now holding 1000!!! figures and 2310 releases of figures. Please check forum post above
Overcracker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 5
Watch Overcracker on YouTube
Strength: 8
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10

Postby Rtron » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:50 pm

EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:Quick edit to my post from earlier, JTPrime found that the production number on that High Octane Bee is actually new. Looks like it is getting reissued, likely as a part of Buzzworthy.

That's really disappointing for me, High Octane Bee is the only deluxe Bayverse Bumblebee I don't like.

Oh, I hope that's not really the case, it was a very disappointing figure. And a new, good one would be a pretty easy remold from SS-01/27.
Rtron
Headmaster Jr

Postby EvasionModeBumblebee » Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:38 pm

There is a possibility that this Bee will be a part of Buzzworthy but not Studio Series, leaving room for a new Studio Series one.

For example, there was a repaint of the original 1976 Camaro Bumblebee mold in a box set (with the prior release of HO Bee) that came out less than a year before SS-01 was released. Hasbro definitely knew they had a new mold in development, but they used the older mold in the meantime since the new one wouldn’t be out for a while longer. Maybe that’s the situation we’re in now?

AKA CamaroBee
EvasionModeBumblebee
Godmaster

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELIE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2022 New"
WHEELIE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIER Transformers War Cybertron Earthrise Battle Master 2020 New"
WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCRAPHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-24 Animated Movie Voyager 2024 New"
SCRAPHEAP Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K43 HOT ROD Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core 2022 New 220329"
WFC-K43 HOT ROD Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PRIMAL + MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom 2023 New"
BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K35 TIGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K35 TIGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K10 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader Beast Wars 2021 New"
WFC-K10 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FRENZY (RED) Transformers Studio Series 86 SS-115 Core Takara Tomy 2024 New"
NEW!
FRENZY (RED) Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K38 RED ALERT Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Walgreens 2021 New"
WFC-K38 RED ALERT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #5 Cover B IDW Comic Book 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 5B (CA) Whitman"
TRANSFORMERS #5 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K22 DRACODON Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
NEW!
WFC-K22 DRACODON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K26 TRACKS Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K26 TRACKS Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S16 PTERAXADON Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Battle Master 2019 New"
WFC-S16 PTERAXADON ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Menasor, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Mirage Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Sunstreaker Figure" on AMAZON