This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby william-james88 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:20 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
In the weeks leading to Toyfair 2018, there was a lot of speculation about what would happen at the end of the Prime Wars trilogy, along with when it would end. The details are crystal clear now, as given by John Warden. Power of the Prime and the Prime Wars Trilogy itself ends in 2018, but in Januray 2019 (exactly one year after the official release date of Power of the Primes), a new Trilogy in the Generations line will begin, called War for Cybertron.

Here is all we know from John Warden regarding this new Generations line.

War for Cybertron line may include some previous molds, but intention is to give good representation of the characters.
A lot of families in fan community, it’s exciting to bring them to the brand and share with kids, nieces, nephews. That doesn’t detract from Generations, War for Cybertron appealing more to the older fans and collectors.
Power of the Primes ends in 2018. War for Cybertron starting in January 2019, no reveal of the new fiction yet so plenty of speculation welcome.
Trilogy invites to speculate, not lead to an ecosystem – it’s a storytelling universe, as per Hasbro blueprint.
Next chapter will be approached with fan feedback in mind – though cannot reveal yet. War for Cybertron is a new take on things, moving a little further away from the callbacks and throwbacks in POTP too, though story can feel a little more familiar.

So, any previous rumour of "evergreen" designs taking over generations, or Cyberverse, have been 100% debunked. It will be business as usual with the Generations line right down to the use of tooling and designs from previous lines. These will still be toys aimed at older kids and collectors and be centered around G1 characters. The fact that it may sound limited to non earth based alt modes does not really detract from anything when we currently have very few strictly earth based vehicles in this year's Generations line. As a further example that any character is still up for grabs, the main cast of More tha Meets the Eye had non earth designs, so the setting of this new chapter does not hinder to who we could get.

John Warden had also said that combiner and headmaster toy technology could resurface (as we saw with Power of the Primes) so any G1 character you did not get yet has a chance of coming, including combiners you did not get yet. At this point, everything is back on the table with three more lines to fill with toys.

As John Warden has invited this fanbase to do, speculate away!
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4462
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: 2019 Generations Line: War for Cybertron Part 1 Discussion

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:58 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Will megatron be turning into a tank again? Might just be me buy aside from the more G1ish fusion cannon it seems to look like his old war for Cybertron toy.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Hotconvoy » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:24 am

Motto: "Action figures are the right of all sentient transfomers fans"
Weapon: Cannon
I just checked the gallerys and...those are the Evergreen blue print paterns. Nothing new here :-(
Attachments
r_misc-122.jpg
Click link to view my new customs; Combiner Wars (deluxe class) Thundercracker,Combiner Wars Braver(nonbrainmaster), Titans Return Cliffjumper(comming soon) + more!
hotconvoy-s-custom-idea-mod-thread-t110853.php
Hotconvoy
Fuzor
News Credits: 1
Watch Hotconvoy on YouTube
Alt Mode: Dodge charger
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby ExciKaiser » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:16 am

william-james88 wrote: and be centered around G1 characters.

Which is somewhat a bit sad. During a previous interview Warden said the line need renewal and to be refreshed, I really had big hopes for new characters, a bit like we got during Unicron Trilogy, or even like the RiD ones, but with more generation-like engeenering than the over simplified toys kids currently have.

And you say it'll be 84 all over again.. I'm already tired.
Not english-native speaker. Thank you for being cool on my typos.
My Collection - Transformers Go Combiner Teams onboard !
Looking for the claw-shield-gun which comes with Magna convoy.
ExciKaiser
Combiner
Buy from ExciKaiser on eBay

Postby Rysquad » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:41 am

So about Waves 5 and 6 for Power of the Primes...
Rysquad
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 9

Postby Va'al » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:16 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Hotconvoy wrote:I just checked the gallerys and...those are the Evergreen blue print paterns. Nothing new here :-(

Chatting to Emiliano Santalucia, it looks like this may very well be the case.

All design parts fit, including the leg cannons, hip panels and shoulder pads:

He obviously did not and cannot confirm what is what and to which line it belongs. But, if anything, he confirmed that it is indeed one of his sketches.
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Rysquad » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:36 am

Is Dawn of Future's Past a War for Cybertron?
Rysquad
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 9

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:29 am

Nah that was a botcon prequel to beast wars, a series hasbro wishes we would forget about since we got nothing for the 20th anniversary (we only got primal because of the fan poll)
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Hellscream9999 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:42 am

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
ExciKaiser wrote:

The well of creativity on hasbro's current design team is about an inch deep, they already scraped the bottom and have come back up >:oP
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby ExciKaiser » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:55 am

Hellscream9999 wrote:The well of creativity on hasbro's current design team is about an inch deep, they already scraped the bottom and have come back up >:oP

Well of creativity from Hasbro ? or acceptance factor from the average Tfan ?

When I see debates about Potp prime fists being gray instead of blue.. I somewhat understand why hasbro continues to play secure.

I regret Rid2000/unicron Trilogy, period where Tfans where enthusiast to see indirect hommage to old characters through deco etc.
We were able to read things "Cybertron Hotshot is a nice hommage to Hotrod", "Snarl's chest is a cool hommage to BM silverboilt" etc.
Now that Hasbro gave fans what they want, we read "Hotrod is crappy it's 2 shade of red different than the episode 214, Dinobots are too small, Primal should have orange cockpit" etc...

Who said "the worst punishment is to give men what they desire the most" ? because it's how I feel the generation line currently. Hasbro gives fandom exactly what they wanted for years, and fans are not happy. and less and less happy in fact.
ExciKaiser
Combiner

Postby Hellscream9999 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:06 am

ExciKaiser wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:The well of creativity on hasbro's current design team is about an inch deep, they already scraped the bottom and have come back up >:oP

Well of creativity from Hasbro ? or acceptance factor from the average Tfan ?

When I see debates about Potp prime fists being gray instead of blue.. I somewhat understand why hasbro continues to play secure.

I regret Rid2000/unicron Trilogy, period where Tfans where enthusiast to see indirect hommage to old characters through deco etc.
We were able to read things "Cybertron Hotshot is a nice hommage to Hotrod", "Snarl's chest is a cool hommage to BM silverboilt" etc.
Now that Hasbro gave fans what they want, we read "Hotrod is crappy it's 2 shade of red different than the episode 214, Dinobots are too small, Primal should have orange cockpit" etc...

Who said "the worst punishment is to give men what they desire the most" ? because it's how I feel the generation line currently. Hasbro gives fandom exactly what they wanted for years, and fans are not happy. and less and less happy in fact.

You must not really know me, or my standing with anything G1 related...

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby ExciKaiser » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:09 am

It was absolutely not directed towards you, sorry if you took it like this.

It's a generic rant directed to all who'll recognize themselves. :-D
ExciKaiser
Combiner

Postby Hellscream9999 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:15 am

ExciKaiser wrote:It was absolutely not directed towards you, sorry if you took it like this.

It's a generic rant directed to all who'll recognize themselves. :-D

No, I get ya, I absolutely agree, and seeing the aftermath of this con, have felt a large amount of salt in the potp and predaking thread, seems the only good take away this year was the studio line, and what a line that is shaping up to be. Cybertron was probably my favorite time to be a fan, everything was right in the tf world back then, even thrilling 30 was great due to the diversity of the figures released, then warden took over...

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby ExciKaiser » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:22 am

Hellscream9999 wrote:everything was right in the tf world back then, even thrilling 30 was great due to the diversity of the figures released, then warden took over...

I'm not sure to agree. I've not been a fan of T30 and previous generation lines, at least on engeenering level. We got very poor engineering back in this time (do you want to discuss T30 bumblebee, Whirl, blitzwing...) wqith robot and vehicule mode not holding together, fiddly panels which never align and lock in place etc.

I saw lot of improvments with Warden. Tfs are fun to transform again. Just need to unfocus from 84'.

For me the greatness stopped somewhere during universe, approx during the FoC thing, and came back with a bit CW and TR.
Potp is a mixed bag, some great toys and some "why again?" (Starscrean, Inferno..), "why this cartoon slavery ?" (Orion, Windcharger..).
Last edited by ExciKaiser on Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
ExciKaiser
Combiner

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:25 am

The problem how I see it regarding fans wanting G1 again....and again...and again is that it's not very good for everyone else, kids (and their parents) will start to turn their noses up at yet more of the same. Still I would love to see what happens if they give the seekers other alt modes other than the tetra jets or basically nothing we've seen before
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:26 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Still wish Hasbro had thought up a different, all new name for this line. >:oP
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby Emerje » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:56 am

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Sabrblade wrote:Still wish Hasbro had thought up a different, all new name for this line. >:oP

Yeah, even a simple variation like "War of Cybertron" would have been preferable. This is "Robots in Disguise" all over again.

I'm fine with them going back to an '84 lineup just as long as it's Cybertronian forms and not another set of cars. Finish out the Headmasters and Autobot Targetmasters while we're at it.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 228
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby william-james88 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:02 am

Hellscream9999 wrote:
ExciKaiser wrote:

The well of creativity on hasbro's current design team is about an inch deep, they already scraped the bottom and have come back up >:oP

Guys, I said G1, not 84. In fact, I dont think it will be 84, simply because we already have many o those guys and the later G1 toys work much more with the cybertron aesthetic.

There is loads of opportnuity for fresh takes with this line, the only thing making it G1 is the story backdrop which deals with the war (which is a time where we had G1 characters).

Sabrblade wrote:Still wish Hasbro had thought up a different, all new name for this line. >:oP

Well, we dont know what the line will be called, just the trilogy. Its not like the name of the previous trilogy was linked to a specific toyline. We dont call Titans Return Astrotrain as Prime Wars Astrotrain, so at least it shouldnt be too bad.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby leokearon » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:26 am

Motto: "Every little bit helps"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
I want them to do G1 + G2 TFs that haven't been done before like the Motorvators, instead of more Optimus Prime and Bumblebees
Looking for:
G2 Sideswipe's spoiler
leokearon
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 18
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8

Postby mordhelm » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:37 am

Weapon: Electro-Sword
I think the issue is that the original bots still sell (for now). The current design and marketing team knows this.

There are just certain characters you must have to keep the toys selling. I always thought some of those certain characters are the Dinobots, so that we might be able to get some voyager sized versions somewhere down the line. Now that we have a version in generations, there isn't a rush to get them all out at a certain time.

As for other characters I guarantee we will be seeing eventually, look at the fan vote. Finishing off the Decepticon double Targetmasters is definitely in this 3 year plan. Spinister and Needlenose are part of the fan vote. Then you've got Impactor, Mirage, Wheeljack, and Tracks.

Warden and team definitely want to give us good generations representations of all the G1-ish characters.

So we need to start thinking a little differently. We need to think, how is the creative team going to use the easy selling figures to retool, partial tool, and re-engineer into the more obscure characters that we are clamoring for. Especially since the are more than likely going with Cybertronian style alt-modes.

Let's see for starters (with the above known entities):

Mirage - I could see a Cybertronian Mirage equating to Sureshot. F1 style Race Car to a Buggy that looks almost exactly like an F1 race care, yeah that can easily happen.

Wheeljack - Cybertronian Wheeljack was a boxy transport thing, with some creative liberties, I can so him turning into Crosshairs (also a boxy transport thing).

Tracks - You can see where I am going with this. Sports car, guess what Pointblank is... a Cybertronian Sports car.

Remember, this is only speculation, but for those of us wanting these characters to be realized in G1, it's a tough sell to Upper Management I am sure to say "hey we've got these great ideas for the 1987-1989 characters". It's a higher risk to sell "new" characters, especially when the primary characters, who we know and love/hate, are what sells.

So, I think we should start a list of possible characters (the ones who have yet to have the Generations treatment since T30) who could be potential figures for this new trilogy, and how. Obviously they aren't all going to come to fruition, but it will be neat to discuss.

Oh, and what in the heck will the Master class become?

The other half of that, is that, now, we need to discuss if Generations sublines will now be a yearly subline instead of 18 months. If so that changes things, as it would dictate how many characters we can get in each class.

18 month toylines vs 1 year toylines:
Master Class - 15 vs 9-12 (depending on how the remaining Prime Masters get released)
Legends - 12-16 vs 9ish
Deluxe - 20-24 vs 13
Voyager - 9 vs 5
Leader - 6 vs 4
mordhelm
Vehicon
News Credits: 13
Endurance: 7
Skill: 10

Postby leokearon » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:40 am

Motto: "Every little bit helps"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
The Masters could be more Titan Master doing all the Headmaster Warriors and Unused headmasters they haven't done yet.
Looking for:
G2 Sideswipe's spoiler
leokearon
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 18
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Courage: 6

Postby mordhelm » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:00 am

Weapon: Electro-Sword
Another thing to consider, John Warden did say he wants us to speculate on what's to come. The design team probably wants to know what characters fandom really wants to see. So maybe if we continue "speculating" about certain characters (Seacons, Monstructor, Apeface, Snapdragon, etc) they will come to pass.
mordhelm
Vehicon
News Credits: 13
Endurance: 7
Skill: 10

Postby Graviton » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:20 am

I really want to see Bumblebee and Hot Shot have a brother like bond, along with a Optimus interacting with other supreme commanders like Star Saber and Dai Atlas.
Graviton
Mini-Con

Postby william-james88 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:50 am

mordhelm wrote:I think the issue is that the original bots still sell (for now). The current design and marketing team knows this.

Oh, and what in the heck will the Master class become?

John Warden did say once that they want to have a big Optimus per line. Not sure if it was his decision or a mandate from Hasbro (or both). So I definitely expect to keep seeing at least Optimus for each part of this new trilogy.

Also, if you rad the quotes in the first post, John Warden says that the upcoming lines wont necessarily have an ecosystem. So there probably wont be a maser class.

mordhelm wrote:Another thing to consider, John Warden did say he wants us to speculate on what's to come. The design team probably wants to know what characters fandom really wants to see. So maybe if we continue "speculating" about certain characters (Seacons, Monstructor, Apeface, Snapdragon, etc) they will come to pass.

Yup, this seems to be an open letter to us fans.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Dr. Caelus » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:02 am

With IDW finally rolling out Unicron as the main big-bad for the forseeable future, I kind of expected the next trilogy to be based on Armada/Energon/Cybertron. That doesn't necessarily seem mutually exclusive with Cybertronian designs and G1 characters - especially considering how many staple G1 characters like Optimus, Megatron, Starscream, etc. were in the Unicron Trilogy.

Minicons and Micromasters could be collapsed together as one concept and sold at the $5 price point. A lot of larger characters could be double homages; for example, I could imagine the Starscream looking like a hybrid between the G1 tetra-jet, War for Cybertron seeker, and his form in Cybertron/Galaxy Force. Jetfire might treads a line between his Energon form and some iteration from War Within. Scorponok could end up being our Titan Class figure a couple years down the line, with a design that blurrs his G1 and Energon aesthetics. Omega Supreme would be another good choice, blending his WFC video game design and his Energon form. And of course, Tidal Wave would be a pretty epic Titan Class figure.

And then when you consider the practice of creating pre-tools (e.g., TR Sentinel Prime and Astrotrain) there's a lot of other potential, too. Each design may have a G1 and a Unicron Trilogy character planned for it. There might even be some Beast Machines stuff in there too. I mean, all of the Vehicons had Cybertronian alternate modes, and even though I imagine we won't see anything 'furry', I doubt we'll go that long without some beast modes. There are G1 characters like Catilla that could be pretooled as Transmetal Beast Wars characters, which would look just as Cybertronian as Ravage ever has. Heck, one mold gets you Catilla, Cheetor/Tigatron/Ravage, and even one of Armada Unicron's horsemen.
Check out my books, Titanomachies and Divine Retribution, on my blog!
Dr. Caelus
Faction Commander
News Credits: 6

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DINOBOT SLUDGE Transformers Studio Series 86-15 Movie Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
DINOBOT SLUDGE Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELIE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2022 New"
WHEELIE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K35 TIGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K35 TIGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E2 SMASHDOWN Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Battle Master 2020 New"
WFC-E2 SMASHDOWN T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "EXO-SUIT SPIKE WITWICKY Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class 2022 230131A"
EXO-SUIT SPIKE WIT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-03 CHEETOR + WASPINATOR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
NEW!
BWVS-03 CHEETOR + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E10 GRAPPLE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Voyager Hasbro 2020 New"
NEW!
WFC-E10 GRAPPLE Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K25 WINGFINGER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K25 WINGFINGER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCRAPHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-24 Animated Movie Voyager 2024 New"
SCRAPHEAP Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K32 PIPES Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
WFC-K32 PIPES Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CORONATION STARSCREAM Transformers Studio Series 86-12 Leader 2022 King 220907A"
CORONATION STARSCR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E38 MEGATRON Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Tomy ER-13 Takara New"
NEW!
WFC-E38 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FRENZY (RED) Transformers Studio Series 86 SS-115 Core Takara Tomy 2024 New"
NEW!
FRENZY (RED) Trans ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #345 - The Roast
Twincast / Podcast #345:
"The Roast"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 9th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Protectobot Hot Spot Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Power Plus Series Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Firefly Figure" on AMAZON