This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:20 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
You know, it just hit me. Optimus with his giant roof backpack makes him look like he's wearing Sideswipe's rocket pack from "MTMTE Part 3".
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby YoungPrime » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:37 pm

kurthy wrote:I'm interested in the smaller characters that haven't seen a release since the '80s. I like the magnus a lot but I'll probably wait for a special version without weathering.
;)^ ;)^ ;)^

That's how I'm starting to feel about OP, I really don't like that "weathering" on him. Sideswipe has some but it doesn't compromise the figure.

I'm also thinking they'll finally release a Legends class "Reflector" but only because I finally gave up on waiting and bought the Papa Toy's version back in June.

So other than them and Cliffjumper what other Legends class figures are we missing...?

A few more Cassettes maybe? They could all use new figures along with a new Voyager class Soundwave and Blaster. I passed on those Leaders and most of those cassettes save for Rewinds thanks to IDW's character over him. But even that one is a place holder for something that could be much better. Otherwise I'll just stick with FOC Soundwave (or the TRU G1 reissue) and FOC Blaster, PE Rumble and Frenzy and MP Ravage, Buzzsaw and Laserbeak.
YoungPrime
Headmaster Jr

Postby Skritz » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:12 pm

Sabrblade wrote:You know, it just hit me. Optimus with his giant roof backpack makes him look like he's wearing Sideswipe's rocket pack from "MTMTE Part 3".

One thing I've noticed about Siege is that they realized that, since figured tend to have 'kibble backpacks' they at least bothered to put some 5mm ports on them, in particular around the shoulders to interact with the guns on Cog. Seems like an interesting workaround what would normally be an engineering weakness: turn it into a 'platform' to attach weapons.
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby fenrir72 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:19 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Dion! :x

Everyone so yummy! Especially Cog! Fortmax Legends won't be lonely anymore!
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:27 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
fenrir72 wrote:Dion! :x
Where?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Firepower: 7

Postby fenrir72 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:45 pm

Motto: "Power to the strong and the right!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Sabrblade wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:Dion! :x
Where?

Somewhere safe and warm. :-P
fenrir72
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 60
Buy from fenrir72 on eBay
Alt Mode: Mobile Ground Fortress
Endurance: 10+

Postby william-james88 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:49 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Overcracker wrote:I'd say, possibly that the silver gun we saw previously was just a spur of the moment deal, and it'll actually be red for the final product.

As an homage to this?

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby shajaki » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:53 pm

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
william-james88 wrote:
Overcracker wrote:I'd say, possibly that the silver gun we saw previously was just a spur of the moment deal, and it'll actually be red for the final product.

As an homage to this?

shajaki
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 293
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby President-prime » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:13 pm

Don’t know about the line, but these figures look disappointing. The weathering paints look crappy. Like some of you have mentioned, it makes the toy look amateurishly painted. And it’s during the war on Cybertron. How come the alternate mode doesn’t look Cybertronian? Sideswipe l’snrobot mode looks almosT like his classic line self. Prob gonna skip Most of these, unless they look better on hand. We’ll see. More money saved, I suppose.
President-prime
Fuzor
Buy from President-prime on eBay

Postby noctorro » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:00 am

ThunderThruster wrote:You can keep Prime, but I need that Magnus.

Holy #$@%#$, I almost chocked.

This is litterally, objectivly thé best Optimus Prime we've ever had. How can you pass on that? (if you don't like G1 okay, if you're more into something else but you like Ultra Magnus)
http://www.plasticpolygon.com
I 3d design and print! Check out my instagram http://www.instagram.com/plasticpolygon3d for some Transformers weapons if you're interested. The War for Cybertron standard machine gun is ready as well as the Armada Optimus gun (smaller) and a Robotech Gunpod.
noctorro
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby Nemesis Primal » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:54 am

Motto: "Anything worth doing is worth suffering for."
Weapon: Twin Swords
noctorro wrote:

This is litterally, objectivly thé best Optimus Prime we've ever had. How can you pass on that? (if you don't like G1 okay, if you're more into something else but you like Ultra Magnus)

I have the same opinion regarding my interest in these two figures, so even though my reasoning's probably different, I'll throw in my two cents: I do my best to stick to only one figure per unique character, so since I already have an Optimus I therefore don't need this one. I don't have a Magnus though, and he looks amazing, so I do want him. Plus, I wouldn't really be into this Prime anyway even if I needed one, his design is too straight G1/too bland and his alt mode isn't Cybertronian enough. I have nothing against G1, but I don't have nostalgia for it since I was born after the fact, so some of the overly generic G1 designs just bore me, like this Siege Prime and Sideswipe.
Nemesis Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 48
Alt Mode: Purple monkey I guess
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:21 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
Nemesis Primal wrote:I have nothing against G1, but I don't have nostalgia for it since I was born after the fact, so some of the overly generic G1 designs just bore me, like this Siege Prime and Sideswipe.

I was born in 79 and lived through G1 yet I find some of the designs like Sideswipe very dull (his G1 self has ALWAYS been boring 'cept for being a Countach in his original toy) but I will say Prime here has a nice G1 form for those who need it in Voyager scale finally. Truck mode is kinda ugly in it's extreme boxiness but eh can't have everything. I'm tempted to buy it to replace the Classics Prime I have just to have a G1-style Prime in my otherwise mostly movie collection just for reasons (like I'm using Titans Return Megatron with a scaled down CW Leader Class Megatron head for my G1 Megatron to pose with my movie Megatron figures)
Last edited by Carnivius_Prime on Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby RotorstormNZ » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:24 am

Motto: "Well...I thought it was funny!"
Suddenly Sideswipe is now a Need instead of a Maybe If I Have The Money. He looks great.

The first picture of Magnus almost killed my interest in him, though: the weathering on the chest plate is not something I'm a fan of. And after making the pics larger and having a second look, I too am hoping there'll either be a weathering-free release or that it'll be easy to remove...I love the mould, love the look, am getting increasingly disappointed by the weathering.
"We just kinda have to enjoy it for what it is, you know? Our stuff we like is continuing to move on: we may not like facets of it but cool enough, right?" - Tigertrack

"If you don’t like the way it’s going, guess what - all the stuff you had? It’s still there!" - Mr. Starscream

"But it's not what I want!" - Seibertron
RotorstormNZ
Vehicon
News Credits: 6
Watch RotorstormNZ on YouTube
Alt Mode: F-35B Lightning II
Strength: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 3

Postby Cyberpath » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:39 am

Wow, they've raised up the prices on every size-class. And because of the accursed "brand unification" Optimus Prime's crutch is still unpainted.

The "wear effect" still hasn't grown on me, it's even kind of gross, it looks as though they've been played by kids with dirty hands. Still, the molds are cool, so considering everything (including the fact that I have MPs of these guys) I don't know who to buy if any. Maybe I'll wait for AE they're usually cheaper, though you have to pay upfront.
Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Postby noctorro » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:57 am

Heresy!

#joke

Anyway, I've been wanting a G1 voyager sized Optimus since... since they had the size class called voyager (mega in the old day). That's why I like Energon Optimus, he's very close to that design chest=windshield etc. (besides form being to fat and the colors)

And Power of the Primes Optimus was kind of a letdown with it's fake windshields all over the damn place.

I love Sideswipe and don't mind it's dull appearance (I'm thinking I typed that wrong). I like the character and I like G1 a lot.

Ultra Magnus looks like a monster, very War for Cybertron, will get him and keep the Generations one for more of a G1 look.
http://www.plasticpolygon.com
I 3d design and print! Check out my instagram http://www.instagram.com/plasticpolygon3d for some Transformers weapons if you're interested. The War for Cybertron standard machine gun is ready as well as the Armada Optimus gun (smaller) and a Robotech Gunpod.
noctorro
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:03 am

Weapon: Thermal Sword
noctorro wrote:

I'm in the same boat. Prime looks like his vehicle mode was an after thought, aorta like they designed a new Prime, but then realised they needed to make it Cybertronian. Magnus on the other hand has an alt mode that references another version of the character, but still looks Cybertronian. Plus, as far as Prime's go, I already have POTP Prime and both Prime's from Titans Return, but I missed CW Magnus
Sentinel_Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: Sea Serpent
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 5
Endurance: 4
Courage: 4
Firepower: 2
Skill: 5

Postby Emerje » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:27 am

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Ultra Magnus retooled into Cybertron Optimus Prime. Look at the guns on the legs.

I'm not against it happening, but the guns on his legs are based on the blue swinging gun mounts on the sides of RID UM.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 236
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby ThunderThruster » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:54 am

Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
noctorro wrote:

See, I like G1, I grew up on the G1 toon, but that doesn't mean I want the same characters and designs being rehashed every few years.
When Classics first started, it was about updating the old designs, not just in articulation, but also style. And IMO classics Prime is still the go to figure to fit this ideology.
If I wanted a new 'G1' Prime, I'd go for an MP figure, not this new Siege figure.

As for Magnus, this is so far (again IMO) the best take we've seen on the White inner bot with trailer armour, that I may retire City Commander as my main Magnus and put him with the other 'cool looking mechs' collection.
I didn't get Minimus Ambus with armour CW Magnus, as despite the radical ingenuity of the character concept, it really doesn't connect with me.
Add to all that, I prefer Magnus over Prime, and even got MP02 instead of MP01.
Tekka wrote:What she doesn't realize is that Springer actually loves Rodimus.
ThunderThruster
Gestalt

Postby leokearon » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:14 am

Motto: "Every little bit helps"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
I don't need another Ultra Magnus
Looking for:
G2 Sideswipe's spoiler
leokearon
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 18
Endurance: 6
Courage: 6

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:50 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
leokearon wrote:I don't need another Ultra Magnus

I think you are protesting a bit too much ;-) :lol:

All I need now is a stop motion video of Siege Magnus armouring up and I'll be getting him... Some how, :-?
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

HLJ Listings for Takara Transformers Siege Line and PP Counterpunch

Postby william-james88 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:12 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Site Sponsor HLJ has just sent us word that they now have preorders for the Takara release of the Siege line and Power of the Primes Punch Counterpunch. All preorders can be found by clicking here. As you will see some of the prices are closer to the Hasbro MSRP in the US while others are higher. Since these are for the exact same toys, this proves that the difference in prices between Hasbro and Takara releases over the years was never due to the products being different but more that they were released in different markets.

Also we now have proof that Punch Conterpunch comes with a combiner hand and a special edition Solus Prime. He does happen to be the same price as the Siege deluxes.

We've just listed the following 7 new action figures for preorder from the Transformers Siege line. All figures are expected to be released in February 2019.

Each of these new releases full transforms and includes accessories respective to the character. Ultra Magus also features 3mm hard points and 5mm ports, so you can attach additional armor, weapons, effect parts, battle damaged parts and so forth.

Prices are as follows:

Transformers Siege SG-01 Firedrive: 720 yen (about $6.78 USD or 5.85 Euro)

Transformers Siege SG-02 Lionizer: 720 yen (about $6.78 USD or 5.85 Euro)

Transformers Siege SG-03 Roadhandler & Swindler: 1,440 yen (about $13.55 USD or 11.69 Euro)

Transformers Siege SG-04 Sideswipe: 2,800 yen (about $26.35 USD or 22.73 Euro)

Transformers Siege SG-05 Autobot Cog: 2,800 yen (about $26.35 USD or 22.73 Euro)

Transformers Siege SG-06 Optimus Prime: 4,400 yen (about $41.41 USD or 35.72 Euro)

Transformers Siege SG-07 Ultra Magnus: 6,800 yen (about $64.00 USD or 55.20 Euro)

You can see some images below and more images on the HLJ listings or our previous article.

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:36 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
ThunderThruster wrote:When Classics first started, it was about updating the old designs, not just in articulation, but also style. And IMO classics Prime is still the go to figure to fit this ideology.
If I wanted a new 'G1' Prime, I'd go for an MP figure, not this new Siege figure.

But MP Prime is expensive and doesn't scale well with 'regular' Transformer figures so I can see the appeal of this Siege one at least in robot mode because we've never really had a decent G1 Voyager class Optimus Prime figure. Just a shame the truck mode is 'cybertronian'.

And for those bothered about the weathering paint apps? That sorta stuff comes off real easily. I even removed some silver factory paint off the legs on my Studio Series Ratchet (just a smidge where they put silver paint where they shouldn't be) with a lil gentle scrubbing. So while it might be annoying to some that Hasbro are 'wasting' paint budget by doing it, well at least you can take it off if you want (though won't be mint anymore) :D
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby AcademyofDrX » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:10 am

I'm here for Siege Prime. I had the Classics figure but the vehicle update meant I couldn't see it as G1. The Siege vehicle mode isn't pure either, but the bot accuracy makes up for that. And maybe I'm in the minority but I'm not worried about the weathering.

I'm perfectly happy with CW Magnus so I'm going to pass on that. $50 is a lot for an incremental change on a figure that's only 3 years old. RiD was after my time, though, so I don't have the nostalgia angle.

We're not expecting Legends class in Siege, right? Might have to wait until next year for a good Cliffjumper?
AcademyofDrX
Godmaster
News Credits: 17
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby leokearon » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:26 am

Motto: "Every little bit helps"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
ZeroWolf wrote:
leokearon wrote:I don't need another Ultra Magnus

I think you are protesting a bit too much ;-) :lol:

All I need now is a stop motion video of Siege Magnus armouring up and I'll be getting him... Some how, :-?

I'm not protesting, I trying to convince myself I don't need another version of my favourite TF. (so far I'm failing)
Looking for:
G2 Sideswipe's spoiler
leokearon
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 18
Endurance: 6
Courage: 6

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FIRE POWER #12 Cvr L Image Comics 2021 APR210176 12L (CA) Miller (W) Kirkman"
FIRE POWER #12 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #84 Cvr C Image Comics 2024 0124IM333 84C (CA) Santolouco"
NEW!
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #17 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 DEC220238 17A (CA) Bianchi"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #8 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 MAY220262 8B (CA) Keane (W) Lewis"
SCORCHED #8 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2023 0723IM409 4D (CA) Darboe (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #2 2nd ptg Cvr B Soundwave Image Comics 2023 (CA) Howard 240210A"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #2 2n ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHATS FURTHEST PLACE FROM HERE #3 Cvr E 1:50 Image Comics 2022 NOV210273 3E"
WHATS FURTHEST PLA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #87 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 0224IM328 87A (CA) Finch + McCaig"
NEW!
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #5 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2024 Skybound 1223IM325 5C (CA) Arocena"
TRANSFORMERS #5 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #336 Cvr A Image Comics 2022 SEP220314 336A (W) McConville (CA) Greene"
SPAWN #336 Cvr A I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY #17 Cvr B Image Comics 2021 AUG210273 17B (CA) Muller"
UNDISCOVERED COUNT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #27 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 0823IM408 27B (CA) Aguillo (W) McFarlane"
KING SPAWN #27 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN SPAWN #1 One Shot Cvr L 1:25 B&W DC Image Comics 2022 1L (CA) Fabok"
BATMAN SPAWN #1 On ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LAST SHADOWHAWK #1 Cvr G Glossy Image Comics 2022 JUN220015 1G (CA) White Sketch"
LAST SHADOWHAWK #1 ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Dead End Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Skywarp Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Skrapnel and Reflector Figures" on AMAZON