This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby AcademyofDrX » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:04 pm

I don't know why the only examples I used were Ironhides
AcademyofDrX
Godmaster
News Credits: 17
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Wireless_Phantom » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:13 pm

Motto: ""There is no fate, no destiny, only your will.""
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
AcademyofDrX wrote:I already have two Windblade and two Arcees, so I think I have to get the new Chromia too.

Maybe this isn't the right topic for this kind of speculation / wish least question, but with a possible G1-ified Barricade in Siege, are there any other non-G1 characters that would work well in WFC? I mentioned Strongarm the other day, but I just had the thought that Bulkhead would be a great candidate, or someone else chunky like Demolisher.

I would love all of those, but I would also really like a new Crumplezone in Generations. :SG-CONS:
You can trust the man who speaks in purple
Wireless_Phantom
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3
Watch Wireless_Phantom on YouTube
Alt Mode: White Transmetal Dragon
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby Evil Eye » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:57 am

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
Wireless_Phantom wrote:
AcademyofDrX wrote:I already have two Windblade and two Arcees, so I think I have to get the new Chromia too.

Maybe this isn't the right topic for this kind of speculation / wish least question, but with a possible G1-ified Barricade in Siege, are there any other non-G1 characters that would work well in WFC? I mentioned Strongarm the other day, but I just had the thought that Bulkhead would be a great candidate, or someone else chunky like Demolisher.

I would love all of those, but I would also really like a new Crumplezone in Generations. :SG-CONS:

Cybertron Crumplezone is already a pretty good figure IIRC, and lack of battle damage aside he'd fit in nicely with Siege.
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby Wireless_Phantom » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:05 pm

Black Hat wrote:
Wireless_Phantom wrote:

Cybertron Crumplezone is already a pretty good figure IIRC, and lack of battle damage aside he'd fit in nicely with Siege.

The old Crumplezone is a good figure but I'd like a Generations update along the lines of RTS Lugnut :SG-CONS:
Wireless_Phantom
Headmaster Jr

Postby Flashwave » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:59 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Randomhero wrote:
Burn wrote:
Skritz wrote:Anyone think he's a POTP leftover reworked for Siege, with the individual robot modes gutted to make for a more accurate Flywheels?

nah, very reliable source said to me (and other staff) over a year ago that Flywheels was going to be this way.

I just hope they do Siege Battletrap and right the injustice of POTP Battletrap.

Do you even need one? You got Battletrap and you can just ignore those tiny bot modes. The photos show that they’re the same height and either have them in thier vehicles or the main body.

I guess I just don’t see the gripe. Happy to have Duocons

Don't get me wrong, I am in not dissapointed by the Battketrap we got, With the then recent RID Crash Combiners it felt like a nice inclusion to the Generations toyline. but I totally agree with Burn, we need a proper Battletrap. For one, the Roadtrap vehicle mode only looks like a truck from the front half. Then you have this totally not a robot chest thing strapped to the roof and his head jsut sorta hanging out in the back, There's no great way to hide that. The Battleshlash helicopter does a decent job of hiding most of the robot parts (I can live with the tailroter hands) but it trades that for some really wonky proportions and an okay Bot Mode. Battletrap himself looks great, but Roadtrap's arms on the back of his legs do hinder posability somewhat.
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:49 pm

Motto: "Earthrise restock or riot"
For my money, the Cybertron toy that most needs a Generations update is this little sod:

Just for the sake of having an accessible version O.O
WANT:
* Cybertron Galvatron key, missiles
* Omega Lock
* Primus Cyber Key, coattail panel
* Powerlinx Comettor
* Cyb Jetfire R gun and missile
* RiD Galvy dragon head, beast arms
* DotM Ironhide windshield, R hood assy.
* ROTF Jetfire R JTFR panel

Di Bonaventura is not a credible or trustworthy source. And most fans do like the diversity push, thanks.

Trading MOSC MMPR fliphead Pink Ranger for ER Fasttrack or SIEGE Refraktor
ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Wireless_Phantom » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:44 pm

ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:For my money, the Cybertron toy that most needs a Generations update is this little sod:

Just for the sake of having an accessible version O.O

Ok you are correct. I'd love it if they redid this design in general. Now that I think about it a new third party popped up recently which is redoing cybertron designs so maybe they will do it.
Wireless_Phantom
Headmaster Jr

Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Barricade Teased

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:43 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Thanks to Youtube user laurent qy, who attended the Paris Comic Con where we saw several Studio Series reveals, it appears as though Studio Series wasn't the only line getting some attention and potential reveals. laurent qy managed to take a video of a new War for Cybertron: Siege trailer, and it appears as though there may have been a tease for a rumored new figure for the line. At the 0:06 mark of the trailer, there is a shot of some Decepticons including Soundwave, Shockwave, Starscream, and a 4th figure that looks a lot like Prowl, but is a Decepticon.

While we cannot confirm it just yet, it would appear as though this new mystery figure may indeed be the rumored Siege Barricade figure, a figure that showed up in an Amazon listing for the price of a deluxe class figure. While it was speculated that this could be a mislabeled Studio Series Barricade, which has been revealed in full, it was mostly believed that this was a redecoed Prowl figure with a new Barricade-esque head. And that appears as though it may be the case!

Check out the video below, including a still of the shot, and let us know what you think of this potential reveal in the comments section below!

I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10

Postby Mr.MicroMaster » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:53 pm

Motto: "Chose to see today as the bright and beautiful tomorrow it can be"
Weapon: Automatic Machine Gun
Looks like he'll be a redeco of Prowl with a new head. Sounds good to me.
Mr.MicroMaster
Fuzor
News Credits: 8
Alt Mode: APC
Strength: 6
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Wireless_Phantom » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:15 pm

I'm definitely going to have to get that, since it means I can justify no longer seeking the TFCC version.
Wireless_Phantom
Headmaster Jr

Postby Wolfman Jake » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:14 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Mr.MicroMaster wrote:Looks like he'll be a redeco of Prowl with a new head. Sounds good to me.

I figured this was going to be the case from when we first got a hint that a Deluxe Barricade would be in the Siege line. Now, I'm a lot less hopefull that we'll see a Bluestreak or Smokescreen redeco/retool of Siege Prowl if Barricade is going to be a reuse of the mold.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Intelligence: 10
Firepower: 2

Postby Nemesis Primal » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:27 pm

Motto: "Anything worth doing is worth suffering for."
Weapon: Twin Swords
...meh, first impressions aren't great. I was hoping for more of a figure based on his evergreen design than just a Prowl repaint. Maybe my opinion will change when we get to actually see the figure, as this isn't a very good look at the design other than just the body type/mold, but so far this doesn't make me want to buy this over SS Barry.
Nemesis Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 48
Alt Mode: Purple monkey I guess
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9

Postby Coptur » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:29 am

A G1 inspired (Movie) Barricade was always destined to be a black Prowl.

What do you see as his 'evergreen' look to be?

the Micromaster is very much a separate character.
Coptur
Vehicon

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:53 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Coptur wrote:What do you see as his 'evergreen' look to be?
This:

That is evergreen Barricade.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438

Postby AcademyofDrX » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:08 am

Barricade will probably be a straight redeco of Prowl, maybe we'll get a slight retool into Bluestreak / Smokescreen. I would think they would be in high demand. Prime Wars had retools across the entire trilogy, and they're more cost-effective, so even if we don't get them in 2019, I can't imagine we won't see them before the end of WfC.
AcademyofDrX
Godmaster

Postby Coptur » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:56 am

@ Sabrblade yeah I was thinking that I wasn't sure if evergreen had been confused with 'vintage look' :lol:

I can only guess ole Barricade is still finding his 'G1' look
Coptur
Vehicon

Postby SkyFire Prime » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:09 am

SkyFire Prime
Micromaster
News Credits: 1

Postby Wolfman Jake » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:00 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
We're getting so very close to the release of Siege. I estimate we're between three and six weeks out from seeing these figures popping up at U.S. retail. Since we have a pretty much complete picture of what will be offered in Wave 1, it's time to speculate a bit about what will be coming later, and how much we'll get in total.

I'm going to start with taking a look at the Micro Masters. We know of five teams or two-packs so far, three in Wave 1, and two in Wave 2. For the Autobots, we have Roadhandler & Swindler, Big Shot & Flak, and Steakout & Red Hot, corresponding to the classic G1 Race Car, Battle, and Rescue Patrols. For the Decepticons, we have Storm Cloud & Whisper from the classic G1 Air Strike Patrol as well as a "Soundwave Spy Patrol" consisting of Laserbeak & Ravage. Who else can we expect at this point?

The Micro Masters are replacing the "Legends" price point for now. The only recent line with a year-long release schedule is the Power of the Primes. PotP gave us nine different Legends Class releases, although one of those was simply a reissue from Thrilling 30 with a tweaked paint job (and a missing accessory). So, that's eight entirely new figures, strictly speaking.

If we get about nine Micro Master teams in all for Siege, that leaves about four more to be revealed. Three if we're going by a cap of eight, as described above. We also know from Hasbro that missing members of the G1 Micro Master teams will not be included in other two-packs, so characters like Tailspin, Free Wheeler, Seawatch, Fixit, Sidetrack, Sunrunner, Night Flight, and Tailwind are likely off the table (for now). I think that the most likely candidates are members from the remaining G1 1989 Micromaster Patrols. There's one more of each for the Autobots and the Decepticons, the Off Road Patrol (any two of Highjump, Mudslinger, Powertrain, and Tote) and the Sports Car Patrol (any two of Detour, Blackjack, Hyperdrive, and Road Hugger). That leaves one or two more spots open. We could possibly see some 1990 Micro Master Patrols, but I would like to think chances are good we'll get instead two more "Soundwave Spy Patrols." A couple of two-packs like "Frumble" & Buzzsaw and "Renzy" & Ratbat would make everyone happy, giving us a "complete" set of the most famous of Soundwave's minions. If it turns out we only get one more for a total of eight, then it might be just Buzzsaw & Ratbat. That makes the most sense to me in that case, as it would be a simple repaint and possibly a retool, instead of a completely new tooling repeated twice in the same two-pack, as Rumble and Frenzy would be.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Firepower: 2

Postby AcademyofDrX » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:50 pm

We could also see Micromaster combiners. All of the Micromasters shown so far had the ability to connect to each other for weapons. They didn't show up until 1990, though I would be surprised to have Micromasters two years in a row.

Some combination of Frenzy, Rumble, Buzzsaw, Ratbat, Wingthing seems like a safe bet for a second or third spy pack.
AcademyofDrX
Godmaster

Postby Nemesis Primal » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:57 pm

Motto: "Anything worth doing is worth suffering for."
Weapon: Twin Swords
Coptur wrote:@ Sabrblade yeah I was thinking that I wasn't sure if evergreen had been confused with 'vintage look' :lol:

Nope, I meant evergreen, but I don't blame you for asking/checking. I would prefer Barricade having his own identity with his riot gear helmet and arm tasers and such much more than him being retroactively made into a kinda lazy Prowl repaint/retool. Granted, we haven't actually seen the Prowl figure yet, but I think at this point it's safe to assume he'll just be hyper-accurate to G1 with a maybe stylized car mode like Sideswipe given the poster art and the overall theme of the line, in which case I'm probably going to pass on it as Prowl and be disappointed that Barricade just got relegated to being a black repaint of it unless something about it REALLY surprises me.

Also shout-out to Sabr for answering the question before I woke up, timezones ARE good for something.
Nemesis Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 48
Alt Mode: Purple monkey I guess
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:48 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
AcademyofDrX wrote:We could also see Micromaster combiners. All of the Micromasters shown so far had the ability to connect to each other for weapons. They didn't show up until 1990, though I would be surprised to have Micromasters two years in a row.

Some combination of Frenzy, Rumble, Buzzsaw, Ratbat, Wingthing seems like a safe bet for a second or third spy pack.

Slamdance and Squawkbox or bust!
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Skill: 5

Postby Wireless_Phantom » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:44 pm

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
AcademyofDrX wrote:We could also see Micromaster combiners. All of the Micromasters shown so far had the ability to connect to each other for weapons. They didn't show up until 1990, though I would be surprised to have Micromasters two years in a row.

Slamdance and Squawkbox or bust!

100% agreed :SG-CONS:
Wireless_Phantom
Headmaster Jr

Postby Coptur » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:37 am

Nemesis Primal wrote:
Coptur wrote:@ Sabrblade yeah I was thinking that I wasn't sure if evergreen had been confused with 'vintage look' :lol:

Nope, I meant evergreen, but I don't blame you for asking/checking. I would prefer Barricade having his own identity with his riot gear helmet and arm tasers and such much more than him being retroactively made into a kinda lazy Prowl repaint/retool. Granted, we haven't actually seen the Prowl figure yet, but I think at this point it's safe to assume he'll just be hyper-accurate to G1 with a maybe stylized car mode like Sideswipe given the poster art and the overall theme of the line, in which case I'm probably going to pass on it as Prowl and be disappointed that Barricade just got relegated to being a black repaint of it unless something about it REALLY surprises me.

yeah it's a shame but it seems so easy for Hasbro to do black repaints of every Optimus Prime in nearly all modern toylines newly with Rodimus/Unicronus and now Prowl/Barricade.
Coptur
Vehicon

Recording of Italy Lucca Comics and Games Convention panel! (Siege Prowl, Sixgun and more!)

Postby notsoalex » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:02 am

Weapon: Dual Low-Radiation 1 Megaton Proton Bombs
Below we have images from the facebook recording (as well as the recording itself) of the Italy Lucca Comics and Games, recorded by Guerrestellari.net. The Transformers panel was up earlier, revealing War for Cybertron Trilogy: Siege Deluxe Class Prowl, Sixgun, and finally a Battle Master, Pteraxadon. Please click below, to see! While there is a lot of old stuff, the new stuff is exciting to see! Hopefully, we'll cover our coverage of the event more, so stay tuned!

Thoughts on these new toys! Tell us in the Pub forums below!

We have:
WAR FOR CYBERTRON SIEGE:
Deluxe Class:
Sixgun
Prowl

Battle Master:
Pteraxadon (seems to be an update on Action Master partner Screech)

Got some news! Contact us here!
notsoalex
News Staff
News Credits: 171
Watch notsoalex on YouTube
Alt Mode: A bad car
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:06 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Battle Master Pteraxadon.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #7 Cvr N 1:20 Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney APR230462 7N (CA) Leirix"
GARGOYLES #7 Cvr N ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #11 Cvr F action figure Dynamite Comics 2024 AUG230321 11F Kambadais"
GARGOYLES #11 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #8 Cvr G 1:10 Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney MAY230549 8G (CA) Kambadais"
GARGOYLES #8 Cvr G ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #3 Cvr D Boom Studios Comics 2023 DEC220386 3D (CA) Rivera"
MMPR TMNT II #3 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #7 Cvr B Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney APR230450 7B (CA) Conner"
GARGOYLES #7 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #11 Cvr O LTD virgin Dynamite Comics AUG230330 11O Nakayama 231222I"
NEW!
GARGOYLES #11 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #116 Cvr E 1:15 Boom Studios Comics NOV230037 116E"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #1 Cvr T 1:50 Dynamite Comics MAY230492 1T (CA) Danino"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR THE RETURN #2 Cvr B Boom Studios Comics 2024 JAN240061 2B (CA) Ejikure"
NEW!
MMPR THE RETURN #2 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #2 Cvr G 1:10 Dynamite Comics 2023 JUN230666 2G (CA) Moss"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #1 Cvr C Dynamite Comics 2023 MAY230475 1C (CA) Andolfo"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "POWER RANGERS #1 1:50 variant Boom Studios Comics 2020 SEP200916 (CA) Nicuolo"
POWER RANGERS #1 1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #118 Cvr E 1:15 Boom Studios Comics JAN240057 118E"
NEW!
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #3 Cvr E Boom Studios Comics 2023 DEC220387 3E (CA) Clarke"
MMPR TMNT II #3 Cv ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 05 Voyager Class Movie 2 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Jetfire Figure(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Twinferno and Daburu" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON