Possible New Barricade Listing for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege

Transformers News: Possible New Barricade Listing for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege

Friday, October 12th, 2018 3:30AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 11,003

Looking at some Amazon listings for upcoming items from the Transformers: War for Cybertron Siege toyline, we have a number of previously revealed at New York Comic Con 2018 figures - of which you can see images in our very own galleries here, or official images here - including the likes of

• Tra Gen Wfc Deluxe Fan Vote Autobot aka Mirage
  • Tra Gen Wfc Deluxe Fan Vote Decepticon aka Impactor
  • Tra Gen Wfc Deluxe Reflector / Refraktor
  • Tra Gen Wfc Deluxe Brunt
  • Tra Gen Wfc Deluxe Red Alert

What is new, especially at the 19.99 USD price point, is a listing for a Barricade that we had yet to see talked about or mentioned in the line. Join the discussion and speculate away on what the character might be, given the original G1 character is part of the Race Car Patrol Micro Master team!

Credit(s): Amazon
Re: Possible New Barricade Listing for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege (1988821)
Posted by Agent 53 on October 12th, 2018 @ 3:53am CDT
19.99 is Deluxe pricepoint now right? If so I suspect that Barricade is probably a fusion of G1 and film designs, considering that unlike most micromasters (and over late G1 subline characters) who have mostly been consigned to history until now, Barricade is probably more known for his Cop Car persona.
Re: Possible New Barricade Listing for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege (1988825)
Posted by Coptur on October 12th, 2018 @ 4:48am CDT
yeah i agree with that.

nothing wrong them releasing (half) Race Track Patrol and calling one Barricade though. I believe Micromaster teams are marketed by their team names and not the individual names anyway.

Did anyone ask if say Nightflight & Tailwind were going to join their team mates at some point?
Re: Possible New Barricade Listing for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege (1988834)
Posted by Skritz on October 12th, 2018 @ 7:33am CDT
Re: Possible New Barricade Listing for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege (1988838)
Posted by Amelie on October 12th, 2018 @ 7:53am CDT

"only get the MTMTE toys"....

This line already looks like a winner to me, though. I wasn't into the Titan Masters stuff and POTP felt too late to jump in (except the fembots, I nabbed those).
Re: Possible New Barricade Listing for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege (1988839)
Posted by william-james88 on October 12th, 2018 @ 8:01am CDT
Amelie wrote:The completionist in me is saying "buy all the things", but my sensible, early G1 centric self is saying

"only get the MTMTE toys"....

Thats cool since Shockwave and Soundwave showed up in the MTMTE crossover ;)
Re: Possible New Barricade Listing for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege (1988840)
Posted by Stormshot_Prime on October 12th, 2018 @ 8:14am CDT
Can’t wait to see Impactor! I’ve lost too many bidding wars for his Combiner wars exclusive, and the FOC figure is just straight up lame. Hopefully he’s accurate to both his G1 UK look and his IDW look.

My only concern is why they’re making him a Decepticon? I get the whole “versus” aspect of the fan vote, but it would hav been plenty believable if he was a rogue Autobot, or specifically designated as a Wrecker. That’s like releasing a Decepticon Cliffjumper if you ask me.
Re: Possible New Barricade Listing for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege (1988842)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 12th, 2018 @ 8:15am CDT
Stormshot_Prime wrote:Can’t wait to see Impactor! I’ve lost too many bidding wars for his Combiner award exclusive, and the FOC figure is just straight up lame. Hopefully he’s accurate to both his G1 UK look and his IDW look.

It's supposed to be before he chose his finalized side in the war, with Mirage being the one who convinces him to join.
Re: Possible New Barricade Listing for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege (1988844)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 12th, 2018 @ 8:20am CDT
Skritz wrote:If he's a Deluxe, then he most likely is a Prowl retool which use the Evergreen Barricade.
Yeah, Evergreen Barricade seems most likely.

Re: Possible New Barricade Listing for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege (1988847)
Posted by Stormshot_Prime on October 12th, 2018 @ 8:30am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

That’s suprisingly satisfying
Re: Possible New Barricade Listing for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege (1988848)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on October 12th, 2018 @ 8:40am CDT
Stormshot_Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

That’s suprisingly satisfying

I just hope they go the same route they did with CW Megatron and include optional stickers so you can choose which side to give him, or maybe something similar to RotF Wheelie with the rotating symbol to convey the message if that's their story for it
Re: Possible New Barricade Listing for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege (1988850)
Posted by Stormshot_Prime on October 12th, 2018 @ 8:45am CDT
Sentinel_Primal wrote:
Stormshot_Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

That’s suprisingly satisfying

It definitely seems like he has a sort of “mild” redemption thing going on with this new fiction. Makes me wonder if we’ll be getting an exclusive comic or even another short cartoon series, but I doubt it. Not like Cyberverse is sweeping the fandom.

But the insignia flipping gimmick has always been a favorite of mine, especially Armada Sideways and Animated Shockwave
Re: Possible New Barricade Listing for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege (1988852)
Posted by ZeroWolf on October 12th, 2018 @ 9:35am CDT
Cyberverse is better than most people give it credit for. Also if we get a Siege miniseries, let's hope its comic only, machima did no favours with the Prime Wars Trilogy.
Re: Possible New Barricade Listing for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege (1988859)
Posted by mordhelm on October 12th, 2018 @ 10:23am CDT
Re: Possible New Barricade Listing for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege (1988861)
Posted by leokearon on October 12th, 2018 @ 10:47am CDT
Well if the Race Track Patrol get a WFC update it will be without their leader
Re: Possible New Barricade Listing for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege (1988862)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on October 12th, 2018 @ 10:52am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Yeah, Evergreen Barricade seems most likely.

If it's a Deluxe of this design, I'm buying it so fast, I want this in plastic form so badly.
Re: Possible New Barricade Listing for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege (1988863)
Posted by o.supreme on October 12th, 2018 @ 10:53am CDT
mordhelm wrote:After looking at the scale guide for the Sunbow cartoon, it makes total sense that Reflector is deluxe. Also means Omega Supreme might be slightly taller than Devastator.

Omega should be, but with Hasbro you never know. To compare to 18 inch (almost 46 cm) CW/UW Devastator, an Ideal Titan Omega Supreme would be about 20 inches (almost 51 cm). But that is at the head, so if he looks like the classic, the tracks protruding from his back would be quite extensive one would think...I guess we'll see in the coming months.
Re: Possible New Barricade Listing for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege (1988865)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on October 12th, 2018 @ 11:06am CDT
o.supreme wrote:

Re: Possible New Barricade Listing for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege (1988866)
Posted by o.supreme on October 12th, 2018 @ 11:12am CDT
Sentinel_Primal wrote:Didn't they say at SDCC that if they were to make a titan Omega He'd be in scale with CW/UW Devastator?

Nothing was said at SDCC other than Warden ...(paraphrasing) -We are always looking at the next BIG thing. When you think of the critical last days of Cybertron...what Titan comes to mind?

*I* would have thought that Hasbro would make a Trypticon to scale with Metroplex, didn't happen. Not saying it's a bad toy, or that Hasbro would do the same thing again, just pointing out a past example.
Re: Possible New Barricade Listing for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege (1988867)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on October 12th, 2018 @ 11:16am CDT
o.supreme wrote:

AH, my bad. I thought I had seen that somewhere, but I was also one of the people who immediately jumped at the thought that Omega would be the titan. Let's hope quality control is better than Trypticon though... I waited months after the hip problem was announced before picking one up and even now I'm still worried his hips'll die on me like his tail did
Re: Possible New Barricade Listing for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege (1988881)
Posted by ZeroWolf on October 12th, 2018 @ 12:44pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:

Could tryp be scaled to metroplex height, still have the length on him and still fit the price point?

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #209 - Under Siege
"Under Siege"
Posted: Sunday, October 7th, 2018

Buy "Hasbro TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS BEAM BOX PLUG & PLAY GAME SYSTEM -EUC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime- Beast Hunters Deluxe Class Bulkhead (complete)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime- Beast Hunters Deluxe class Ratchet (complete)" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS CONSTRUCT BOTS BEAST HUNTERS UNICRON MEGATRON RATBAT & BARRAGE MISB" on EBAY
Buy "RARE VARIANT TRANSFORMERS PRIME BEAST HUNTERS SMOKESCREEN DELUXE MOSC MOC NEW" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS COMBINER WARS HASBRO 2015 DECEPTICON COMBATICONS BRAWL" on EBAY
Buy "Skywarp Thrilling 30 100% Complete Deluxe Generations Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Orion Pax Thrilling 30 100% Complete Deluxe Generations Transformers" on EBAY