This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby RodimusConvoy13 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:57 pm

Motto: "Well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas, stabbing a man in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards! That's MY policy!"
Weapon: Photon Blaster
Has anyone come up with a good way for Megatron's head not to droop in Robot mode?
"One of them even took the time to smear, “Fans are TeH SUCK!!!” in poop all over my windshield!"

Counterpunch
RodimusConvoy13
Gestalt
News Credits: 194
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 6
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Hellscream9999 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:46 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
So after a couple weeks, I still love sideswipes' transformation, it's just pure magic in how effective it is; I also like the effect of giving him a 'cockpit' but it's not actually able to seat a 'driver', I actually like the effect and it goes a long way towards de-earthing him quite a bit.
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:51 am

Siege Voyagers are back in stock on HasbroToyShop.com and the 15% of BUZZBUZZ code is still available too. I jumped after kicking myself for a few weeks when I passed at 20% off and patiently waited for them to return. (okay, impatiently waited)
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Video Review of Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Leader Class Ultra Magnus

Postby ZeroWolf » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:47 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
While most of the first wave of Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege line has hit stores, the Leader Class assortment has remained elusive for many, however YouTuber, doublej101, has just uploaded a video review of the forthcoming Leader Class Ultra Magnus! Offering the best look yet at this figure which should be in your hands very, very soon!

This video gives us a good look at the transformation and several size comparisons to Rodimus Prime and Optimus Prime from the Power of the Primes toy line.

We have embedded the video below for your convenience.

Will you be hunting this figure down? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Nathaniel Prime » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:05 am

Motto: "Scale is also like Starscream in the G1 movie in that it's bad comedy."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Even though he's much smaller than CW Magnus, I still think he is great. Although, that ankle issue is a little weird. It's a little forced like CW Magnus, yet it still has tillage, just not fully straight. Anyway, he looks great, and I like him ;)^
One's red one's blue sometimes I want to ask god why he's played this cruel joke on us
Nathaniel Prime
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 56
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Tank
Strength: 9
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Siege Voyager Prime and Megs IN STOCK! Hurry! @hasbrotoyshop

Postby reluctantyouth » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:49 am

Morning,

I just ordered voyager Megs off Hasbro at 6:35 am central time 12.29.18
Screenshot_20181229-063944_Chrome.jpg
and code buzzbuzz still working! Free shipping still too!
reluctantyouth
Vehicon
News Credits: 26

Postby Emerje » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:09 am

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
HTS code HASFAM18 still works and will get you a better deal ($6 off) each Voyager and free shipping instead of $4.50 from BUZZBUZZ. Ordered both Prime and Megatron for $50 and some change after tax.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 236
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby no-one » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:36 am

Emerje wrote:HTS code HASFAM18 still works and will get you a better deal ($6 off) each Voyager and free shipping instead of $4.50 from BUZZBUZZ. Ordered both Prime and Megatron for $50 and some change after tax.

Emerje
Thanks for the tip about the extra off, I jumped ;)^
no-one
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 131

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:12 am

Motto: "Always Be’s-ing and do’s-ing, never cheesing or choosing!"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Oh God, he’s so tiny. Barely bigger than a Voyager.

He looks good, don’t get me wrong, just short. I think I’ll be okay keeping my CW Magnus on my shelf.
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Eat my ass funpub.

Burn wrote:And this is for taking Nemesis Maximo seriously.
*high fives Silly in the face*

carytheone wrote:I can't be assed to do any better right now.
Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt
Alt Mode: Lounge Lizard
Strength: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:32 am

Nemesis Maximo wrote:Oh God, he’s so tiny. Barely bigger than a Voyager.

He looks good, don’t get me wrong, just short. I think I’ll be okay keeping my CW Magnus on my shelf.

Yeah, this review just put Siege UM on the no thanks list for me too. Way too small.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Strength: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:45 am

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe

I do have CW leader Magnus. And the siege one will look FANTASTIC at his side. Both are clearly different and having the return of White Optimus with his power armor just stroke me the right way. :x
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Randomhero » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:09 am

Hasbro and takara are basing it off the official scale guide used back in the original cartoon. Leader class isn’t about height this time around. It’s giving you the closest accurately scaled figures and adding stuff like the Magnus armor and shockwaves battle upgrade. Just like how the legends class has been replaced with micromasters.
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby Skritz » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:28 am

Different strokes for different people: I'm quite interested in a Magnus that is bigger than Optimus Prime but isn't humongously huge. The Leader size class has always been a tad too big for me unless it's for huge-ass Transformers like Overlord. Not only that but the TR Leaders were a bit too brick-ish for my tastes so if a smaller Leader mean more budget spent on articulation/transformation/features I'm all for downscaling a bit. >:oP

Edit: Want the perfect example of a recent Leader figure that could have been better if he had been made smaller and more intricate? Sixshot.
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby Rodimus Prime » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:38 am

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
I've been going back and forth on this figure, and the video pretty much swung it to the 'should get' side. I already thought that the PoTP leaders were too big and clumsy, and the comparison to this figure just reinforces that. I don't care for the vehicle mode, but the Ultra Magnus mode looks great. If I see it, I will buy it.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby Skritz » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:45 am

Rodimus Prime wrote:I've been going back and forth on this figure, and the video pretty much swung it to the 'should get' side. I already thought that the PoTP leaders were too big and clumsy, and the comparison to this figure just reinforces that. I don't care for the vehicle mode, but the Ultra Magnus mode looks great. If I see it, I will buy it.

Yeah I'M pretty much on the same boat, which is why I still ended up skipping POTP Optimus Prime and Rodimus.
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby starrhero » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:46 am

TF-fan kev777 wrote:Siege Voyagers are back in stock on HasbroToyShop.com and the 15% of BUZZBUZZ code is still available too. I jumped after kicking myself for a few weeks when I passed at 20% off and patiently waited for them to return. (okay, impatiently waited)

The other 2 micromaster teams have also come back in stock as of now. Now we wait for the deluxes.
starrhero
Minibot
News Credits: 1
Watch starrhero on YouTube

Postby Lore Keeper » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:52 am

I don't have an issue with Magnus and Shockwave being small for the sake of scale. It makes for a great display piece. My issue is the question of whether this is $50 worth of toy. Are we getting a similar value for our dollar? If they want to shrink down their toys, fine. Just reduce the price accordingly.
Lore Keeper
Headmaster
News Credits: 11

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:03 am

It's that simple."
Lore Keeper wrote:I don't have an issue with Magnus and Shockwave being small for the sake of scale. It makes for a great display piece. My issue is the question of whether this is $50 worth of toy. Are we getting a similar value for our dollar? If they want to shrink down their toys, fine. Just reduce the price accordingly.

The "size" is no argument. Sure, the material do count, but prices of everything do increase and it's enough that transformers became 1/3 more expensive already. The price should not double right away. We saw that transition between ROTF and DOTM. It's happening again but not as much.

At least, the quality of the toys themselves did increase since last time. We see more engeneering and more paint than ever before. Plus now leader class mean more than just size. As seen in the SS line, it also mean parts count and mass. So despite Magnus and Shockwave being basically voyagers, they come whit a whole armor set. Thus justifying their class. And I think it's perfect this way.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby Randomhero » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:20 am

Lore Keeper wrote:I don't have an issue with Magnus and Shockwave being small for the sake of scale. It makes for a great display piece. My issue is the question of whether this is $50 worth of toy. Are we getting a similar value for our dollar? If they want to shrink down their toys, fine. Just reduce the price accordingly.

Again. Stop comparing them to previous leader class figures. That’s not this line. Are they voyager size? Yes. Is that the only thing coming in the package? No. You’re getting a weaponizers gimmick as well. Magnus comes with his armor with parts that can work with others and so is Shockwave. Shockwave comes with his own complete weaponizer stuff that is completely interchangeable with everyone else in this line and can be turned into a hover craft as well.

That’s the leader class gimmick. If you’re not happy with it and choose to ignore that aspect that’s your fault and problem not the toy or company’s
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby Lore Keeper » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:25 am

Randomhero wrote:

Again. Stop comparing them to previous leader class figures. That’s not this line. Are they voyager size? Yes. Is that the only thing coming in the package? No. You’re getting a weaponizers gimmick as well. Magnus comes with his armor with parts that can work with others and so is Shockwave. Shockwave comes with his own complete weaponizer stuff that is completely interchangeable with everyone else in this line and can be turned into a hover craft as well.

That’s the leader class gimmick. If you’re not happy with it and choose to ignore that aspect that’s your fault and problem not the toy or company’s

Your hostility is misplaced. I am not complaining about the gimmick; I like the gimmick. I'm not complaining about the height; they scale better than old leaders. I am simply stating that I am suspicious that if you factor in the pros and cons of the new approach, it doesn't add up to something that should cost 50 bucks. I could very well be wrong. I don't know the ins and outs of toy design. But, at a surface level, the price tag seems superfluous.
Lore Keeper
Headmaster
News Credits: 11

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:33 am

It's that simple."
Lore Keeper wrote:I am simply stating that I am suspicious that if you factor in the pros and cons of the new approach, it doesn't add up to something that should cost 50 bucks. I could very well be wrong. I don't know the ins and outs of toy design. But, at a surface level, the price tag seems superfluous.

That apply to current deluxes and voyagers as well. It piss me off to have to pay VOYAGER prices for deluxes and ULTRA prices for voyagers. At least the overall quality went back to the same as when I first started to collect in 2009.

This damper my collecting by a lot and I'm now ultra selective. At least the quality DID come back to what it was in 2009. And even then...
I wonder when Hasbro will go full Takara-on-MP and make deluxes cost 50$, voyagers 80$, and leaders 200$? :BANG_HEAD:
The TF price inflation is getting out of hand to be perfectly honest.
Last edited by -Kanrabat- on Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:34 am

Motto: "Always Be’s-ing and do’s-ing, never cheesing or choosing!"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Randomhero wrote:

Hasbro and takara are basing it off the official scale guide used back in the original cartoon. Leader class isn’t about height this time around. It’s giving you the closest accurately scaled figures and adding stuff like the Magnus armor and shockwaves battle upgrade. Just like how the legends class has been replaced with micromasters.

Right on. I’m okay with downsizing on most figures, as it gives my Transformers shelves a varied, natural look with individual characters being taller/smaller than others. When I have T30 Skids next to Universe 2.0 Prowl, I think it just adds character, the same way as Wolverine being shorter than everyone else. And in fact, because of the size of Leaders now, I’m 100% gonna pick up Shockwave, and if the Leader Class Optimus does indeed resemble Galaxy Convoy, I’ll get him too. But CW Magnus scales nicely with my OG Classics Optimus, so I don’t feel too bad.
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Eat my ass funpub.

Burn wrote:And this is for taking Nemesis Maximo seriously.
*high fives Silly in the face*

carytheone wrote:I can't be assed to do any better right now.
Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt
Alt Mode: Lounge Lizard
Strength: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6

Postby Randomhero » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:38 am

Lore Keeper wrote:
Randomhero wrote:

Your hostility is misplaced. I am not complaining about the gimmick; I like the gimmick. I'm not complaining about the height; they scale better than old leaders. I am simply stating that I am suspicious that if you factor in the pros and cons of the new approach, it doesn't add up to something that should cost 50 bucks. I could very well be wrong. I don't know the ins and outs of toy design. But, at a surface level, the price tag seems superfluous.

Are you counting in the fact that 1. Part count is higher. 2 paint applications are higher. 3 weight.

All three of those are higher than the stand leader classes of previous lines.
Randomhero
Gestalt

Postby mordhelm » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:17 pm

Weapon: Electro-Sword
-Kanrabat- wrote:That apply to current deluxes and voyagers as well. It piss me off to have to pay VOYAGER prices for deluxes and ULTRA prices for voyagers. At least the overall quality went back to the same as when I first started to collect in 2009.

This damper my collecting by a lot and I'm now ultra selective. At least the quality DID come back to what it was in 2009. And even then...
I wonder when Hasbro will go full Takara-on-MP and make deluxes cost 50$, voyagers 80$, and leaders 200$? :BANG_HEAD:
The TF price inflation is getting out of hand to be perfectly honest.

We tend to think about this things in terms of historical pricing within our small bubble (TF CHUG lines). Once you broaden the scope, you will see that TF lines somehow staved off the price increase for a long time. What other mass collector lines are there:

Star Wars Black Series. The 6" figures are $20 each.

Marvel Legends. $20 MSRP.

Voltron Lions. $20.

DC Multiverse figures. $18.

Power Rangers Legacy figures. $20.

This is just coming in line with every other mass collector line. Similar scales, similar articulation, but none of these have the play factor of transformers toys. As compared to these other lines I still find Siege to be a good value. I am actually pretty disappointed with the Voltron toys the most.

That said, I got my figures for cheap anyway (HTS and a target coupon I had), so maybe my tune will change when I am paying full retail.
mordhelm
Vehicon
News Credits: 13
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby ThunderThruster » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:31 pm

Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Galvatron: Hasbro, give me this Magnus!
Galvatron & Cyclonus.jpg
Tekka wrote:What she doesn't realize is that Springer actually loves Rodimus.
ThunderThruster
Gestalt

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #12 Cvr C Dynamite Comics 2024 Disney SEP230259 12C (CA) Leirix"
NEW!
GARGOYLES #12 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Power Rangers UNLIMITED HYPERFORCE #1 Cvr A Boom Studios Comics MAY230338 1A"
Power Rangers UNLI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR THE RETURN #1 Cvr B Boom Studios Comics 2024 DEC230113 1B (CA) Mora"
MMPR THE RETURN #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #108 Cvr B Boom Studios Comics 2023 MAR230264 108B"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Garbage Pail Kids TRASHIN THROUGH TIME #3 Cvr K LTD Dynamite Comics GPK 231222K"
NEW!
Garbage Pail Kids ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT Saturday Morning Adv #2 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 AUG221570 2B (CA) Fosgitt"
TMNT Saturday Morn ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #5 Cvr L FOC reveal Boom Studios Comics FEB230331 5L (CA) Montes"
MMPR TMNT II #5 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #3 Cvr T LTD Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney DEC220638 3T (CA) Nakayama"
NEW!
GARGOYLES #3 Cvr T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT X STRANGER THINGS #1 Cvr E 1:25 IDW Comics 2023 MAY231442 1E (CA) Pe"
TMNT X STRANGER TH ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT ANNUAL 2023 Cvr C RI 1:10 Out of Time IDW Comics MAR231657 (CA) Ziritt"
TMNT ANNUAL 2023 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #116 Cvr E 1:15 Boom Studios Comics NOV230037 116E"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT ARMAGEDDON GAME ALLIANCE #4 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 4RI NOV221622 (CA)Santolouco"
TMNT ARMAGEDDON GA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #110 Cvr D 1:25 Boom Studios Comics MAY230345 110D"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #118 Cvr B Boom Studios Comics 2024 JAN240054 118B"
NEW!
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Series PK Bruticus Action Figure	B3899" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON