This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Takara Tomy Transformers at Japan Wonderfest 2018

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Takara Tomy Transformers at Japan Wonderfest 2018

Postby Va'al » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:18 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Takara Tomy Transformers have updated their event page for the 2018 edition of Wonderfest, taking place on 29 July and giving us some breathing space from San Diego Comic Con this year, which will see their regular booth presence and the full reveal of a number of new products!

As the 'first proper event' celebrating the 35th anniversary of Transformers, they will be finally full revealing the Masterpiece Optimus Prime version 3.0 - alongside a 150th Meiji restoration anniversary character (which may or may not be a figure) which looks like a Samurai-inspired Optimus Prime - see the image below for more - and the Golden Lagoon figures on sale. Find out more information here!

In the product exhibition section, in addition to exhibiting new movie products, new products released this autumn, new products of the new series, the domestic fastest exhibition, besides, at the other day's toy show, I could show only only a little time on the stage, MP convoy (Ver3) will also be exhibited!

Are you planning for the first exhibition appropriate for the 35th anniversary? !
There is also an exhibition section that collaborated with the 150th anniversary of the Meiji Restoration, and it is content full of highlights!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: Takara Tomy Transformers at Japan Wonderfest 2018

Postby What's Crackin'? » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:57 pm

Motto: "Sometimes size doesn't matter."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
If there's no SS Bonecrusher, I'm gonna be beyond upset.
What's Crackin'?
Micromaster
News Credits: 8
Watch What's Crackin'? on YouTube
Alt Mode: MINI Cooper Hardtop
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby DaXtraLargeRobot » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:46 pm

Motto: "Sometimes the easy way is the right way... sometimes."
Weapon: Laser-Blazer Broadsword
Yeah, same here, especially after how honestly disappointing the studio series reveals were, they looked cool but they only revealed what, 5 figures
DaXtraLargeRobot
Mini-Con
Alt Mode: A flatbed missile truck
Strength: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 5

Postby Emerje » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:14 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
I think you're more likely to see Masterpiece VW Bee there than anything from the main retail lines, that's more of a Hasbro thing now.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 236
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3

Postby What's Crackin'? » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:44 pm

Motto: "Sometimes size doesn't matter."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
I know it's becoming more of a hasbro thing, but Takara's logo is still on that box.. Out of the newest figures shown only 3 are worth looking for and 2 are complete nobodys. I want to see a return to quality figures, because that new Bee and Charlie set is both trash and infuriating.
What's Crackin'?
Micromaster
News Credits: 8
Watch What's Crackin'? on YouTube
Alt Mode: MINI Cooper Hardtop
Strength: 6
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7

Postby Nathaniel Prime » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:19 am

Motto: "Scale is also like Starscream in the G1 movie in that it's bad comedy."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
I would personally like to see MP-Prime 3.0 in full colors. Maybe even more Studio Series figures like Scatter and Blitzscream or whatever you want to call him( Starscream for me). Just please don't show off only the already revealed figures. On a side note, what new MPs have yet to come out? I only know Diaclone Sunstreaker, Dinobot, BW Megatron, and MP Prime 3.0. Did MP Anime Prowl come out? Not sure :-?
One's red one's blue sometimes I want to ask god why he's played this cruel joke on us
Nathaniel Prime
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 56
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Tank
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Takara Tomy Transformers Bakumatsu Katana and Character Art at Wonderfest 2018 #ワンフェス #wf2018s

Postby Va'al » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:58 am

As an update to our initial Wonderfest 2018 story, featuring the Takara Tomy Transformers booth render, we have a full reveal on what that Optimus Prime looking art was actually all about, and further confirmation that it is indeed part of the celebrations of the 150th anniversary of the Meiji restoration.

Thanks to Autobase Aichi, who sourced the story and images from two other Japanese sites, we have the full art of both golden samurai Optimus Prime - modelled after historic figure Ryoma Sakamoto - and a shinobi looking version of Megatron. Wonderfest is only one of the places where the art will be shown, as it accompanies a special edition Autobot branded katana to commemorate the Bakumatsu period that preceded the restoration itself. Check it out below!

Heroes of the Bakumatsu boasts of Kochi prefecture "Sakamoto Ryoma" and the world robot character from Japan "Transformers" have the common point that it is "a Japanese male who turned his attention to the world from the early stage" This collaboration is realized from being there! !

In addition, the original sword which imaged Sakamoto Ryoma and Transformers, which was engraved with the message of "Justice's Transformers Corps" Cybertron "emblem and" sword of a noble spirit and proud guardian "is also actually produced It was!

Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Va'al » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:59 am

good gods the weebs will be out in droves
Va'al
God Of Transformers
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:21 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
So the only way in that these look at all like Transformers is very vaguely Meg/Prime heads? :P
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby TulioDude » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:58 am

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
They could remold The Age of Extinction/Last knight Optimus to look like this.
Silverwing wrote:Also, I feel compelled to give the obligatory: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
One for each year of the Movieverse's decade strong tenure. Here's to a few more explosive years!

Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
TulioDude
Gestalt
News Credits: 6
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Skill: 7

Postby Hydrargyrus » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:20 pm

Motto: "Solutions can be found if one knows where to look."
Weapon: Ion Pulse Guns
If they do a feudal Japanese figure line like has been done with Star Wars, I'm down for it. Not that this is any sort of indicator, it just made me realize that could be pretty neat.
Sometimes I say strange things.

“But, okay—if I want to prove him wrong, maybe I should look at things from his P.O.V.”
—Wheeljack, RiD #3

formerly known as MagicDeath
Hydrargyrus
Vehicon
Buy from Hydrargyrus on eBay
Alt Mode: Kronosaurus
Strength: 4
Speed: 3
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STARSCREAM Transformers Classic Heroes Team Rescue Bots Hasbro 2023 New"
STARSCREAM Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Classic Heroes Team Rescue Bots Hasbro 2022 New"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKYWARP Transformers Earthspark Warrior Class Hasbro 2023 New"
SKYWARP Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BOULDER CONSTRUCTION-BOT Transformers Rescue Bots 2011 Playskool 191206a"
BOULDER CONSTRUCTI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan BUMBLEBEE Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Playskool 2020 Offroad vehicle"
Rescan BUMBLEBEE T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Earthspark Warrior Class Hasbro 2023 New"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Classic Heroes Team Rescue Bots Hasbro 2022 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool 2017 New Truck Diaclone"
Rescan OPTIMUS PRI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan HOIST Tow-Bot (Flatbed Truck) Transformers Rescue Bots Academy 2019"
Rescan HOIST Tow-B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Feature Bot HEATWAVE FIRE BOT action figure Transformers Rescue Bots 2015 New"
Feature Bot HEATWA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Rescue Bots Academy 2020 Racing Truck 2020"
Rescan OPTIMUS PRI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TERRAN NIGHTSHADE Transformers Earthspark Deluxe Mandroid wave Hasbro 2023 New"
TERRAN NIGHTSHADE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Rescan BUMBLEBEE Transformers Rescue Bots 2015 yellow muscle car 201217a"
Rescan BUMBLEBEE T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BUMBLEBEE Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Featured Feature Playskool 2021 New"
BUMBLEBEE Transfor ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Six Shot and Decepticon Revolver" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Ultra Magnus Figure(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON