This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Generations Selects Series Discussion

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Generations SELECTS Series Discussion

Postby -Kanrabat- » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:25 am

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Rodimus Knight wrote:Seeing Megs next to star, the scale is a little disappointing. I like it when Megatron is bigger and maybe beefier then Prime, which has made it a shame that we haven't gotten a leader class Megatron in such a long time.

Indeed.
Megatron deserve to be able to have a "super mode".
Leader Megs could even be a heavy retool of Leader Shockwave or follow the same kind of concept.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 96
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:27 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Rodimus Knight wrote:Seeing Megs next to star, the scale is a little disappointing. I like it when Megatron is bigger and maybe beefier then Prime, which has made it a shame that we haven't gotten a leader class Megatron in such a long time.

You can blame the cartoon scale for that. Last time we got a megs that was bigger then Prime in that fashion was Animated. Other than that they've been mostly the same size.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:54 am

ZeroWolf wrote:

You can blame the cartoon scale for that. Last time we got a megs that was bigger then Prime in that fashion was Animated. Other than that they've been mostly the same size.

Well there was also Combiner Wars, but many people didn't like Voyager OP for being a torso and Leader Megs for being too skinny.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby Ironhidensh » Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:47 pm

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
Man, that picture is disappointing....
Card carrying grumpy old man.

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
News Credits: 25
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:05 pm

TF-fan kev777 wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:

Well there was also Combiner Wars, but many people didn't like Voyager OP for being a torso and Leader Megs for being too skinny.

Yeah I should have specified that I meant fiction :lol: though CW megs and op is interesting as megs is bigger then stand alone op but op combined is bigger.
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Zeedust » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:01 pm

Motto: "Nothing says more about us than the futures we left behind."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
Is it possible that Super/Ultra Meg's forehead swaps independently of his face? Because if both modes have separate faces, it's kind of disappointing that both faces are identical other than the color of his forehead thingy.
Zeedust
City Commander
News Credits: 7
Buy from Zeedust on eBay
Alt Mode: Uncategorized techno-organic ground vehicle
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Courage: 2
Firepower: 6
Skill: 3

Postby Skritz » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:30 pm

Zeedust wrote:Is it possible that Super/Ultra Meg's forehead swaps independently of his face? Because if both modes have separate faces, it's kind of disappointing that both faces are identical other than the color of his forehead thingy.

Yes, since we have seen his red forehead with the regular face and the battle mask. Logically he can do the battle mask with the regular forehead.
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby Jeddostotle7 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:02 pm

Weapon: Ion-Charge Disperser Rifle
Ironhidensh wrote:Man, that picture is disappointing....

To be fair, it is accurate to the height difference between the two in the original Battlestars manga, as pointed out by Takara on twitter IIRC. Their stated heights are 45m for Star Convoy and 35m for Super Megatron, and although they're not always depicted as that tall compared to like people and buildings and whatnot, that height difference ratio between then seems to stay the same.
G2/Action Master/obscure variant-inspired redecos and retools are my lifeblood

Looking for:
- Golden Disk Terrorsaur elbow spikes
Jeddostotle7
Headmaster Jr
Alt Mode: real full-size version of truck from LEGO City 60183 Heavy Cargo Transport
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Hero Alpha » Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:18 pm

Motto: "You'll never walk alone"
Weapon: Twin Cryo-Blasters
Jeddostotle7 wrote:

To be fair, it is accurate to the height difference between the two in the original Battlestars manga, as pointed out by Takara on twitter IIRC. Their stated heights are 45m for Star Convoy and 35m for Super Megatron, and although they're not always depicted as that tall compared to like people and buildings and whatnot, that height difference ratio between then seems to stay the same.

Exactly. Super Megs looks pretty much perfect compared to Star Convoy according to the manga to me. I am super pumped to have this Megs be my main current Megatron, after Galvatron, in my headcanon collection. Along with Earthrise Optimus it works out great in my timeline. Thinking about making some kinda time warp thing so Galvatron can exist as well, like Marvel UK.
:RUBSIGN: :WRECKERS: Image
Hero Alpha
Targetmaster
News Credits: 2
Buy from Hero Alpha on eBay
Alt Mode: Motorcycle and Utahraptor
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby -Kanrabat- » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:18 am

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Moonshot wrote:Exactly. Super Megs looks pretty much perfect compared to Star Convoy according to the manga to me. I am super pumped to have this Megs be my main current Megatron, after Galvatron, in my headcanon collection. Along with Earthrise Optimus it works out great in my timeline. Thinking about making some kinda time warp thing so Galvatron can exist as well, like Marvel UK.

Personally, I think this is the PERFECT Megatron. Because not only for the looks, but being a triple changer into a space-thank and a spaceship are the perfect altmodes for him.

Now, if only he was not so absurdly expensive...
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 96
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Hellscream9999 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:18 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
Jeddostotle7 wrote:

Yeah, TT seem pretty reverential towards scale/accuracy, if they chose this mold, it wasn't without reason; plus, from a thematic standpoint, isn't it a big trope that the good guy has to go 'super mode' to contend with the sheer evilness/power of a more powerful enemy in anime? so this kinda fits, doesn't it :-?
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:35 pm

It does in Japanese fiction :) I think the scale works for the story they've presented. It's only personal quibbles that say otherwise
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Jtprime17 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:51 pm

Looks like a Certain Wholesaler (The OP blocked out the info but it's still kind of obvious where it came from) is starting to solicit the next 3 Hasbro Selects figures.

Generations selects Deluxe Earthrise Exclusive Deluxe Greasepit -Release August
Generations selects Deluxe Earthrise Exclusive Deluxe Exhaust -Release August
Generations selects Deluxe Earthrise Exclusive Deluxe Hubcap -Release September

https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/ ... 0.1191863/
Jtprime17
Micromaster
News Credits: 84

Postby Hellscream9999 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:54 pm

Jtprime17 wrote:Looks like a Certain Wholesaler (The OP blocked out the info but it's still kind of obvious where it came from) is starting to solicit the next 3 Hasbro Selects figures.

Generations selects Deluxe Earthrise Exclusive Deluxe Greasepit -Release August
Generations selects Deluxe Earthrise Exclusive Deluxe Exhaust -Release August
Generations selects Deluxe Earthrise Exclusive Deluxe Hubcap -Release September

https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/ ... 0.1191863/

YES! Getting me an Exhaust :michaelbay:

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:12 pm

Weapon: Thermal Sword
Greasepit will be nice. Exhaust and Hubcap are a bit meh. Especially as Hubcap is unavoidably similar to Bumblebee. Exhaust though will depend on how good the deco looks
Sentinel_Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: Sea Serpent
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Courage: 4
Firepower: 2
Skill: 5

Postby Nemesis Primal » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:15 pm

Motto: "Anything worth doing is worth suffering for."
Weapon: Twin Swords
Oh, so Exhaust and Greasepit are Selects, interesting. I'm curious to see exactly what Greasepit will look like now, I was hoping for more retooling than what we've seen from Selects so far. I also just want to see Hubcap in general, given my Machine Wars theory and Wreckers reasons.
Nemesis Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 48
Alt Mode: Purple monkey I guess
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9

Postby o.supreme » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:21 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
When Siege took the 3 retail Weaponizers and repainted them and gave them new heads to be modern updates of the Powerdashers, that was novel, I admit.

However...to turn Ironworks (or Airwave...which seems more plausible) into Greasepit, hopefully it will have different parts other than just a new head and new color.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:35 pm

o.supreme wrote:When Siege took the 3 retail Weaponizers and repainted them and gave them new heads to be modern updates of the Powerdashers, that was novel, I admit.

However...to turn Ironworks (or Airwave...which seems more plausible) into Greasepit, hopefully it will have different parts other than just a new head and new color.

See, this has me thinking, with a base type modulator, they could potentially mix and match some parts from both Ironwors and Airwave along with a new head.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Courage: 9

Postby o.supreme » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:04 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
They certainly could. :-? I was just envisioning the straight across nature of Airwave as more of a gas station, but mixing the 2 would be neat as well.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby Ultra Markus » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:58 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: 16 Cannons
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Moonshot wrote:Exactly. Super Megs looks pretty much perfect compared to Star Convoy according to the manga to me. I am super pumped to have this Megs be my main current Megatron, after Galvatron, in my headcanon collection. Along with Earthrise Optimus it works out great in my timeline. Thinking about making some kinda time warp thing so Galvatron can exist as well, like Marvel UK.

Personally, I think this is the PERFECT Megatron. Because not only for the looks, but being a triple changer into a space-thank and a spaceship are the perfect altmodes for him.

Now, if only he was not so absurdly expensive...

i think its fitting that they use the TR Galvatron mold for the new figure since super megatron was revived from galvatron in the story anyway :-?
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Alt Mode: the biggest baddest thing ever
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Skill: 10

Postby Emerje » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:36 am

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
o.supreme wrote:They certainly could. :-? I was just envisioning the straight across nature of Airwave as more of a gas station, but mixing the 2 would be neat as well.

The prevailing theory is that Airwave will become Hot House because he has tank treads for no reason and Hot House's fire station turns into a tank. Ironworks and Greasepit both turn into towers.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 240
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

New Video Review of Transformers Selects Fully Combined King Posideon

Postby ZeroWolf » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:02 am

Greetings Seibertronians! Fellow Seibertron user and YouTube reviewer, PrimeVsPrime has stopped by to let us know that he's done a new video review on the recently released Transformers Generations Selects Seacons in their combined form, King Posideon!

In the review, he talks about the QC issues that buyers may face when combining him. Check out his review below!

What do you think about this series of releases? Is King Posideon something that you already have? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Re: New Video Review of Transformers Selects Fully Combined King Posideon

Postby Hellscream9999 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:08 am

ZeroWolf wrote:Greetings Seibertronians! Fellow Seibertron user and YouTube reviewer, PrimeVsPrime has stopped by to let us know that he's done a new video review on the recently released Transformers Generations Selects Seacons in their combined form, King Posideon!

In the review, he talks about the QC issues that buyers may face when combining him. Check out his review below!

What do you think about this series of releases? Is King Posideon something that you already have? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!

Was worried there for a second, am I the only one with a turtler with really nice, tight ratchets? he has no problem posing, or holding a pose, now maybe it is the combiner knee joints on the limbs, but they work just fine as arms, so I'm guessing not? the elbows aren't the strongest in the world, but they can hold the sword up just fine; the price you pay for getting first production run figures I guess :-?

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby PrimeVsPrime » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:29 am

None of these figures were first production run and were all preordered months in advance like the majority of figures I review. I’ve been talking to a few people who have completed this and they all have ran into similar issues. Just something to bare in mind when completing him
PrimeVsPrime
Vehicon
News Credits: 57
Watch PrimeVsPrime on YouTube

Re: New Video Review of Transformers Selects Fully Combined King Posideon

Postby Lore Keeper » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:44 am

Hellscream9999 wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:Greetings Seibertronians! Fellow Seibertron user and YouTube reviewer, PrimeVsPrime has stopped by to let us know that he's done a new video review on the recently released Transformers Generations Selects Seacons in their combined form, King Posideon!

Was worried there for a second, am I the only one with a turtler with really nice, tight ratchets? he has no problem posing, or holding a pose, now maybe it is the combiner knee joints on the limbs, but they work just fine as arms, so I'm guessing not? the elbows aren't the strongest in the world, but they can hold the sword up just fine; the price you pay for getting first production run figures I guess :-?

I actually have the opposite problem. My Turtler's shoulder joints are so tight, I'm worried the ratchet is going to tear itself apart, TR Trypticon style!
Lore Keeper
Headmaster
News Credits: 11

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORPONOK Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Legacy Deluxe Predacon Hasbro 2022"
SCORPONOK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K2 RATTRAP Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K2 RATTRAP Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DIRGE Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Class Conehead Hasbro 2023 New"
DIRGE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TL-58 SILVERBOLT Transformers Legacy United Voyager Beast Wars Takara Tomy New"
NEW!
TL-58 SILVERBOLT T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K22 DRACODON Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
NEW!
WFC-K22 DRACODON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WAR DAWN ERIAL + DION Transformers Legacy Evolution 2-Pack Hasbro 2023 New"
WAR DAWN ERIAL + D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CRANKCASE Transformers Legacy Deluxe Class Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
CRANKCASE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRASHMASTER Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Junkon Hasbro 2023 New"
TRASHMASTER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
SHOCKWAVE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K27 RHINOX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K27 RHINOX Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SANDSTORM Transformers Legacy Deluxe Beast Wars Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
SANDSTORM Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K7 PALEOTREX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K7 PALEOTREX T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Megatron Transformers Legacy Core Class G2 Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
Megatron Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KNOCK-OUT Transformers Legacy Deluxe Prime Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
KNOCK-OUT Transfor ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #349 - Agent of Chaos
Twincast / Podcast #349:
"Agent of Chaos"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 4th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 05 Voyager Class Movie 2 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Series PK Bruticus Action Figure	B3899" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Decepticon Ravage(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Optimus Prime" on AMAZON