This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Generations Selects Series Discussion

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Generations SELECTS Series Discussion

Postby sol magnus » Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:51 pm

Motto: "This is the most beautiful thing in the entire universe. Ok, give me the bomb."
Weapon: Laser Rifle
Nemesis Primal wrote:
sol magnus wrote:So does this mean he (and Barricade) are dead? Barricade got an Earth Mode(!!)
At least in the case of Barricade vs his Sparkless "counterpart", they are canonically separate characters with the same body-type and the Sparkless has never actually been referred to as "Barricade" outside of the figure's listing. Actual Barricade is alive and well in the show as part of the crew of the Nemesis, while the Sparkless Datsun was only in basically one episode's worth of screentime between two episodes and got dusted when Optimus touched the Allspark.

(But also the figure releases in the main toyline and the Netflix show aren't a direct 1-1 translation anyway, since both Skywarp and Magnus are actually dead despite getting updates in Earthrise and Kingdom.)

Correct. I guess he's being referred to as "Barricade" as a placeholder in that aspect - I'm aware of the non-binary deaths.

sol magnus wrote:But what of the rumored Earth mode Red Alert that's also rumored to be the Walgreens figure? So many rumors, so many Lamborghinis.
We are allegedly supposed to be getting Earth Sideswipe and Red Alert as Amazon and Walgreens exclusives, respectively, but there haven't been any solid rumors about similar updates for any of the other Lambo repaints.

I hope they are significant enough to stand apart from the Siege ones, as they are very good as is.
'Til All Are One.
sol magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 10
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby aronjlove » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:00 pm

The Datsuns received a remold or redesign, which gave them a much different front and rear bumper that 'modified' the transformation enough. And then we got Gigawatt, which is an ER Sideswipe if you think about it. So If the is an ER Sideswipe and Red Alert, there has to be something similar to the changes. Something that doesn't change the existing transformation drastically but gives a lot of visual difference in alt-mode, since that is what becomes more earth-like. I'm thinking of a possible change to the back of the legs/feet that give it more of a spoiler look while not being an actual spoiler. I also expect some change to the doors and a thicker front bumper, and more noticeable headlights how the front of Gigawatt in alt-mode the Datsuns changed.
aronjlove
Brainmaster
News Credits: 23

Video Review of Transformers Generations Selects Deluxe Class Deep Cover

Postby ZeroWolf » Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:22 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Greetings Seibertronians! Fellow Seibertron user Turned Agent, has let us know that PrimeVsPrime (fellow Seibertron user and YouTube toy reviewer) has uploaded a review of the recently revealed Deep Cover!

Deep Cover is a predominantly black and blue redeco of the Siege Deluxe Class Sideswipe mould. The colour scheme comes from Takara's pre-transformers line, Diaclone, the same as with other redeco uses of the mould like Tigertrack.

We have embedded the review below for your convenience:

Will you be buying this to add to your lambo collection? Still holding out for an earth mode? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby bacem » Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:33 am

Finally got sandstorm! This is my first experience with this mold, and i gotta say, this is definitely a nice mold. While i still prefer siege mold more, this one just feels solid.

20210206_184556.jpg

The camo deco really works well with this mold, and the shark face is the cherry on top.

20210206_202338.jpg

Only nitpick i have is i wish the camo deco would extend to that leg area as well, because it just feels empty compared to the rest of the jet, but not a deal breaker.

20210206_185744.jpg

Robot mode looks good as well. I particularly like the fact that his wings can fold flush against the leg, making him look tidier.
bacem
Combiner
News Credits: 31
Watch bacem on YouTube

Postby M. Spector » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:38 am

Motto: "Put it in my aspen fanny pack Lord Megatron"
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
I folded the leg wings flat on my Sandstorm too ;)^ He's a really wonderful Voyager, if I only own one version of the Earthrise Seeker mold I'm glad it's this one
Picked up Rattrap for myself and 86 Grimlock for a friend at Targét last night, man Grimithoy Lockenschpel is a big boy! Hopfully will be able to track another one down soon and experience it for myself!
M. Spector
Fuzor
Alt Mode: B-17 Flying Fortress
Strength: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Transformers Generations Selects Deep Cover Review Round-up

Postby ZeroWolf » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:46 am

Greetings Seibertronians! Still on the fence about the latest reveal in the Transformers Generations Selects line, Deluxe Class Deep Cover? Well, let's see if any of these reviews in this round up and help bring you to a decision about this Disclose inspired figure!

First up, we have Chefatron:

Next, we have [IdArmed], sharing their thoughts:

Finally, fellow Seibertron user, and YouTube toy reviewer himself, Chuckdawg1999, offers his views:

Have you preordered Deep Cover? Are you building a lambo army? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby aronjlove » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:23 am

I can't believe I did this but I went on ahead and ordered Deep Cover through Gamestop and paid for shipping in the hopes they actually ship him this Friday. I was able to use the Honey browser extension to purchase a gift card and then pay with the gift card which saved a couple of bucks so the shipping cost wasn't too much.

That black and blue look really freaking sweet together, looking forward to this guy...
aronjlove
Brainmaster

Postby ZeroWolf » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:25 am

aronjlove wrote:I can't believe I did this but I went on ahead and ordered Deep Cover through Gamestop and paid for shipping in the hopes they actually ship him this Friday. I was able to use the Honey browser extension to purchase a gift card and then pay with the gift card which saved a couple of bucks so the shipping cost wasn't too much.

That black and blue look really freaking sweet together, looking forward to this guy...

I'm a big fan of the colour scheme as well, i think it looks fantastic in the Siege Sideswipe molud
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Evil Eye » Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:35 pm

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
Kinda wanna get Selects Bugbite, he looks cool. But the question is, if I do, should I give him the tacky purple tribal tattoos or do him up as a little police car?
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby aronjlove » Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:45 pm

Evil Eye wrote:Kinda wanna get Selects Bugbite, he looks cool. But the question is, if I do, should I give him the tacky purple tribal tattoos or do him up as a little police car?
I think the tribal tattoo look is pretty cool and I wish Selects Bug Bite already came with them.

Gamestop really thinks Deep Cover is shipping Friday...
Screenshot 2021-02-09 164212.png

Screenshot 2021-02-09 164709.png
aronjlove
Brainmaster

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:54 pm

I'll be very interested to see if they come through.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Speed: 8
Courage: 9

Postby Sowndwave76 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:02 pm

Motto: "They wanna play my emotions, but I'm like the ocean-- too calm to get upset by somebody's notion."
Weapon: Concussion Blaster Gun
TF-fan kev777 wrote:I'll be very interested to see if they come through.

I wouldn’t worry too much.
They came through w/ my Kingdom Cyclonus, no issues except was 1 day later than expected. But they emailed me about that change.
Sowndwave76
Gestalt
News Credits: 9
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:59 am

Sowndwave76 wrote:

They came through w/ my Kingdom Cyclonus, no issues except was 1 day later than expected. But they emailed me about that change.

Not worried at all, just curious since they are a relative newcomer as far as a source for TF's. I refuse to pay for shipping if I don't have to and don't mind waiting, so I'm not ordering from them anyway. I'm getting mine from Pulse since I have premium there and free shipping.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:27 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Sandstorm is a great figure, and outside of Redwing and maybe Hotlink, he is my favorite seeker from the WFC trilogy.

Deep Cover looks sweet, glad I scooped one up on preorder.

I got my Super Megatron at last, and he really is super. They went balls out with the retooling and paint, and they did an excellent job with him. Fantastic! Mine will always use the TLK face, that is an awesome thing

I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Firepower: 8

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:52 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
These 3 go frightening well together

My updated Shattered Glass shelf

Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Evil Eye » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:25 am

Super Megatron is great, good to see someone else getting him! Also a huge improvement over TR Galvatron. Alt modes are perhaps a bit abstract but I like them, they've got a similar toyetic charm to RID Megatron/Gigatron.
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:27 am

Evil Eye wrote:Super Megatron is great, good to see someone else getting him! Also a huge improvement over TR Galvatron. Alt modes are perhaps a bit abstract but I like them, they've got a similar toyetic charm to RID Megatron/Gigatron.

As much as the jet mode is supposed to be the primary alt mode, I actually really like the tank mode, that one is my favorite.

His giant ass cannon is also great. I can't really find fault with him at all
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Evil Eye » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:31 am

D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Evil Eye wrote:Super Megatron is great, good to see someone else getting him! Also a huge improvement over TR Galvatron. Alt modes are perhaps a bit abstract but I like them, they've got a similar toyetic charm to RID Megatron/Gigatron.

As much as the jet mode is supposed to be the primary alt mode, I actually really like the tank mode, that one is my favorite.

Me too! The triple-barrelled tank mode is great.
My one gripe is I wish he had wrist swivels, but that's about it.
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:37 am

Evil Eye wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:

Me too! The triple-barrelled tank mode is great.
My one gripe is I wish he had wrist swivels, but that's about it.

Wrist swivels and maybe a peg on his forearm instead of elbow for his cannon, but otherwise, he's fantastic. I love that he has the 2 face, 2 forehead, and 2 chest options. A lot of fun to be had there
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby aronjlove » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:26 pm

I just want to chime in and say Super Megatron is Super Awesome! I have no attachment to the manga he comes from so I almost didn't get him. Very happy I did! He was in jet mode for a while on a flight stand, and now he just stands around looking menacing :lol:
aronjlove
Brainmaster

Postby Nemesis Primal » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:21 pm

Motto: "Anything worth doing is worth suffering for."
Weapon: Twin Swords
...I just noticed that Deep Cover's product description specifically calls him out as an update based on his eHobby release, not as an update to the Diaclone release that his color scheme came from. If eHobby character updates are not only on the table but are being advertised as such (as opposed to the brief earlier argument that Deep Cover was only/specifically getting made because he's a Diaclone deco), I am once again wondering why no Detritus, Hauler, and/or Tetrajet Sunstorm yet. They've got the perfect molds for it and enough people here have asked for them that the interest/demand for those repaints definitely exists, it seems like a no-brainer.
Nemesis Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 48
Alt Mode: Purple monkey I guess
Strength: 6
Firepower: 9

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:30 pm

I'm sure Sunstorm will come eventually. Hopefully with the ER mold, but I'd take the tetrajet one if that's all that's offered.

I can only imagine that they think they can sell Deep Cover more easily. Hopefully they decide to do him and Hauler both.
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 1

Postby Hero Alpha » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:02 pm

Motto: "You'll never walk alone"
Weapon: Twin Cryo-Blasters
I know I said it before when I got mine in, but Super Megs is fan-feckintastic. With u guys talking bouts him, I have mine back transforming and playing around. He is my head canon Megatron after Galvatron went in the ice in Headmasters as well. Just very soon after unlike the manga. Starscream and Soundblaster dug him out after Skorponok pissed them off and rebuild him with crazy space tech. Super Megatron takes the TR Galvatron mold and makes it incredible when it was just good(despite the head), improving everything.

Also yes G2 unreleased Sandstorm seeker is awesome. The only conehead earthrise figure I have, so far, and love it. Ever since I seen this deco many years ago, I always wanted a figure of it cause its great looking.
:RUBSIGN: :WRECKERS: Image
Hero Alpha
Targetmaster
News Credits: 2
Buy from Hero Alpha on eBay
Alt Mode: Motorcycle and Utahraptor
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6

Postby Emerje » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:27 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
Sowndwave76 wrote:

Not worried at all, just curious since they are a relative newcomer as far as a source for TF's. I refuse to pay for shipping if I don't have to and don't mind waiting, so I'm not ordering from them anyway. I'm getting mine from Pulse since I have premium there and free shipping.

A little late for me to bring this up, but I've been getting emails from TFSource saying Deep Cover would be in stock this week and he now is. Other sites seem to have him as well so this appears to be the original release window. It isn't too unusual for Pulse to be the last to get Selects figures in. But it's also not unusual to Pulse themselves to get stuff in earlier than their listed dates.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 236
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:46 pm

Emerje wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
Sowndwave76 wrote:

A little late for me to bring this up, but I've been getting emails from TFSource saying Deep Cover would be in stock this week and he now is. Other sites seem to have him as well so this appears to be the original release window. It isn't too unusual for Pulse to be the last to get Selects figures in. But it's also not unusual to Pulse themselves to get stuff in earlier than their listed dates.

Emerje

Hmmm, with Pulse's release date being April 1, I wonder if they were making a joke, especially after the last year of musical release dates.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSMETAL II MEGATRON Transformers Legacy Evolution Leader Beast Wars New"
TRANSMETAL II MEGA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K17 ARCEE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K17 ARCEE Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-03 CHEETOR + WASPINATOR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
BWVS-03 CHEETOR + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKULLGRIN Transformers Legacy Deluxe Class Hasbro 2022 New"
SKULLGRIN Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NEMESIS PRIME Transformers Legacy Evolution TL-37 Core Class G1 Takara Tomy New"
NEW!
NEMESIS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K10 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader Beast Wars 2021 New"
WFC-K10 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WINDBLADE Transformers Legacy United Deluxe Class Cyberverse Hasbro 2024 New"
WINDBLADE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JHIAXUS Transformers Legacy Voyager Class G2 Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK NOW**"
JHIAXUS Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCARR Transformers Legacy Evolution Core Class G1 Dinobot Skar Hasbro 2023 New"
SCARR Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "METALHAWK Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Hasbro 2023 New"
METALHAWK Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K25 WINGFINGER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K25 WINGFINGER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHRAPNEL Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe G1 Universe Insecticon 2023 240224"
SHRAPNEL Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NIGHTPROWLER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Beast Wars Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
NIGHTPROWLER Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME + BUMBLEBEE Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Trailer 2023 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME + BU ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Decepticon Ravage(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Huffer Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Silverbolt Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON