This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

NETFLIX Transformers War for Cybertron Trilogy CARTOON Series Discussion

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: New Transformers Netflix Series Coming in 2020

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:12 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Who knew that Optimus Prime was the first person to 'dab' :-?

Still while those fan designs aren't real, the idea could work as rapid fire comedy shorts to supplement a more longer cartoon. Sort of like a 3 minute gag at the end of a 25 minute episode. Something that's there if people want to engage with or just skip if they want to. Basically it'd be harmless
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:40 am

Motto: "Guilty or Innocent?
Always Guilty..."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
ZeroWolf wrote:Basically it'd be harmless

I think the fan reaction to Thundercats ROAR! would disagree. Not everyone finds that kind of adaptation bastardising of the source material amusing.

The one thing that did intrigue me is the roster mix of that first picture. Other than the Token Fem-Bot, it seemed a blend with potential.
AllNewSuperRobot
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 6
Alt Mode: Special Beam Cannon
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: N/A
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: ???
Skill: 9

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:46 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:The one thing that did intrigue me is the roster mix of that first picture. Other than the Token Fem-Bot, it seemed a blend with potential.
Since that art was made a few years ago, it used characters who had toys in TR and POTP.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:46 am

Ah but thunder cats Roar was the only new Thunder Cats material since the 2011, in my version, it's a 3 minute after credit joke of a more traditionally aimed series. Like if Teen Titans Go! Was shorter and came after the credits of the normal teen Titans cartoon (excludihg the first part of two patters)
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:57 am

Always Guilty..."
Sabrblade wrote:
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:The one thing that did intrigue me is the roster mix of that first picture. Other than the Token Fem-Bot, it seemed a blend with potential.
Since that art was made a few years ago, it used characters who had toys in TR and POTP.

That makes sense. Still this kind of roster is how I've said for years HasTak should mix up the "Evergreen" formula every once and a while.

A Mini-Vehicle, Headmaster, Sharkticon, secondary Dinobot, Pretender and Green Arcee. No Primes, no bees, no Megs or Seekers. For something rooted in G1 that seems to be thought of as a risky concept. Which is just bizarre :???:

ZeroWolf wrote:Ah but thunder cats Roar was the only new Thunder Cats material since the 2011, in my version, it's a 3 minute after credit joke of a more traditionally aimed series. Like if Teen Titans Go! Was shorter and came after the credits of the normal teen Titans cartoon (excluding the first part of two patters)

Just goes to show something like that doesn't fly even if the series has been in hiatus prior. As I've said before, Transformers at it's core is rooted in war. Trying to make light of that seems completely tone deaf.. Which is why I thought latter IDWverse was so off the mark.
AllNewSuperRobot
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby aronjlove » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:53 am

Netflix show premieres July 30th according to this Facebook post

aronjlove
Brainmaster
News Credits: 23

Premier Date For Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Cartoon Announced

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:08 am

Greetings Seibertronians! Following from the news last week that the new War for Cybertron Siege cartoon, on Netflix, had been delayed
Netflix have been on social media today to announce the long awaited date we can watch this highly anticipated cartoon.

July 30th

Accompanying the announcement was a new thirty second teaser showing Megatron announcing that this is the day the Autobots will be destroyed. You can check the video at the links, or embedded below.

Thanks to fellow Seibertron user, aronjlove for sharing the Facebook link.

Are you looking forward to this series? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:12 am

Always Guilty..."
That looked good. Although I don't get why Megatron needs lips, but it is an aesthetic choice they've gone for.
AllNewSuperRobot
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby o.supreme » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:24 am

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
william-james88 wrote:
o.supreme wrote:If it is competent, and enjoyable on any level (unlike Prime Wars). I'll call that a win.

I think you'd like Cyberverse then.

Nope, not my thing, we can agree to disagree on that one. Tried so really hard to watch it, couldn't get into it. Unless this Netflix show really impresses, I still stand by my sentiments that Predacons Rising was the last good bit of TF Animaiton released.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby sol magnus » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:27 am

Motto: "This is the most beautiful thing in the entire universe. Ok, give me the bomb."
Weapon: Laser Rifle
Okay. We're in business. July 30th is a Thursday.
'Til All Are One.
sol magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 10
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10

Postby Lore Keeper » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:30 am

July 30th makes me a saaaaaad panda.
Lore Keeper
Headmaster
News Credits: 11

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:34 am

I'm cautiously optimistic with this. I'll give it a shot any way
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:44 am

Always Guilty..."
I'll watch the pilot. I haven't cared for any show since Season 3 of Animated.
AllNewSuperRobot
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Immortal Starscream » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:49 am

o.supreme wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
o.supreme wrote:If it is competent, and enjoyable on any level (unlike Prime Wars). I'll call that a win.

Nope, not my thing, we can agree to disagree on that one. Tried so really hard to watch it, couldn't get into it. Unless this Netflix show really impresses, I still stand by my sentiments that Predacons Rising was the last good bit of TF Animaiton released.

it gets really good once you are past the first season. also gets REALLY dark in a lot of places. Lots of on screen deaths, and not just background characters either, named characters get taken out frequently. What finally sold me on the series was Hot Rod. in the third season they REALLY did him justice. You can actually see this Hot Rod becoming Rodimus Prime and actually being a good leader. sadly, all of this is sandwiched between more lighthearted filler episodes that if you didn't get into the first season, could ruin it for you.

back to the topic at hand, after seeing rooster teeth's more recent mecha anime, I do have high hopes for this show, regardless of what I think of the company or some of their other offerings. But Megatron... dang man... looks like he just needs some lipstick on those lips. might be a bit too JoJo for me.

"They're playing with him... and when they're done they're going to play with me.... OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!"
Immortal Starscream
Headmaster
News Credits: 18

Postby aronjlove » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:57 am

If the trailer is anything to go by, they have fixed the one thing I hated about Prime Wars trilogy. The animation seemed to have a really low framerate, but I don't think that was the actual problem. More like they just cheaped out on the time spent animating the models. This looks to be much smoother.
aronjlove
Brainmaster
News Credits: 23

Postby Seibertron » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:01 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
o.supreme wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

I liked Predacons Rising / Beast Hunters / Transformers Prime. It wasn't perfect, but it still seemed pretty awesome to me. There were some limitations with the animation and Peter Cullen's Optimus Prime is way overdone (but that fault lies on the writers and/or directors). It was the last Transformers show that I tuned into as soon as I could.

Beast Wars and Animated were the other two series that struck a cord with me. I still think Beast Wars is probably the best series overall, though the computer animation is really starting to show it's age.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby blackeyedprime » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:04 pm

Motto: "Me Grimlock, you slag."
The War for Cybertron started over botox
blackeyedprime
City Commander
Alt Mode: a spoon
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 6

Postby o.supreme » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:07 pm

Last word on Cyberverse...I get that a lot of people liked it, I actually finished it, despite my misgivings. I just didn't like it. It seems like a dream come true for UK fans, or any of Marvel UK. But that is not my style. I prefer series such as the original TF, BW, and Prime. Additionally, I'm not opposed to comedy in TF, but I seem to gravitate more towards Japanese storytelling, than UK storytelling. (I enjoy the heck out of MF, Victory, Car Robots etc...) It's just the way I am.

Believe me, it took a whole decade for me to admit that Animated had any merit, and that is just from the written perspective. I still think the animation is ugly and unwatchable. Cyberverse gives me that same feel.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Immortal Starscream » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:08 pm

Seibertron wrote:
o.supreme wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

I liked Predacons Rising / Beast Hunters / Transformers Prime. It wasn't perfect, but it still seemed pretty awesome to me. There were some limitations with the animation and Peter Cullen's Optimus Prime is way overdone (but that fault lies on the writers and/or directors). It was the last Transformers show that I tuned into as soon as I could.

Beast Wars and Animated were the other two series that struck a cord with me. I still think Beast Wars is probably the best series overall, though the computer animation is really starting to show it's age.

Got to agree with you here. I am a geewun'r, because I grew up watching the show. But if you were to ask me what I thought was the best Transformers cartoon, I will hands down say Beast Wars. Sure some of the slapstick elements kinda bugged me, but the characters, story, and just overall writing and tone really win it. Not to mention, it is one of only two instanced in Transformers history that made me cry... and STILL makes me cry.

Drift is cool, but imho will always be just a cheap imitation of BW Dinobot.

"They're playing with him... and when they're done they're going to play with me.... OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!"
Immortal Starscream
Headmaster

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:15 pm

Always Guilty..."
Indeed. You take away the "comedy" episodes of Season 1 & 3 and Beast Wars would have been solid throughout. BM had many failings but it at least stuck the landing with the finale.

Animated was a hard slog with Season One. Picked up a bit with Season two and was hitting its stride with Season 3

Aesthetic was the main reason I didn't like Prime. Watched a few and still couldn't get into it. The human presence was too great. I wasn't all that keen on the Aligned Continuity it was based on either. I haven't been back to a TF show since.
AllNewSuperRobot
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:22 pm

I got the wrong end of the stick with the Beast Hunters season of Prime, I went in expecting more of the Predacons to show up but we got Predaking till Predacons Rising...

I will give anything a go regardless of art style. I always think there's room in a franchise like Transformers for seriousness and humour, it's just finding the balance.
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby o.supreme » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:23 pm

As we await the arrival of WFC Siege (June 30th) Here are both my personal and critical rankings of all TF Animated series so far.

Personally

1. The Transformers
2. Prime
3. Beast Wars
4. Headmasters
5. Masterforce
6. Victory/Zone
7. Car Robots/ R.I.D.
8. Beast Wars II
9. RiD2015
10. Rescue Bots
11. Animated
12. Energon
13. Beast Machines
14. Beast Wars Neo
15. Cybertron
16. Prime Wars Trilogy
17. Cyberverse
18. RB Academy
19. Go
20. Armada

Critically

1. Prime
2. Beast Wars
3. The Transformers
4. Animated
5. Rescue Bots
6. Beast Machines
7. RiD2015
8. Car Robots/ R.I.D.
9. Masterforce
10. Victory/Zone
11. Headmasters
12. Cyberverse
13. Beast Wars II
14. Beast Wars Neo
15. Rescue Bots Academy
16. Cybertron
17. Energon
18. Armada
19. Prime Wars Trilogy
20. Go

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:26 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Immortal Starscream wrote:Got to agree with you here. I am a geewun'r, because I grew up watching the show. But if you were to ask me what I thought was the best Transformers cartoon, I will hands down say Beast Wars. Sure some of the slapstick elements kinda bugged me, but the characters, story, and just overall writing and tone really win it. Not to mention, it is one of only two instanced in Transformers history that made me cry... and STILL makes me cry.

Drift is cool, but imho will always be just a cheap imitation of BW Dinobot.
I'm guessing that crying moment of yours was Dinobot's death, yes?

In more recent years, a second tender moment from another animated series has made people tear up: Chief Burns' near-fatal close call and subsequent release from the hospital in the Rescue Bots episode "Family Business".
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10

Postby o.supreme » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:31 pm

Sabrblade wrote:In more recent years, a second tender moment from another animated series has made people tear up: Chief Burns' near-fatal close call and subsequent release from the hospital in the Rescue Bots episode "Family Business".

Thus why RB ranks so high for me critically. It offers nothing much for me as an adult, but watching it with my son when it was new, it was so well written. I don't think there is any show on TV for kids currently that treats it's young viewers with such respect.

o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:41 pm

Weapon: Thermal Sword
I'll be honest, I've been looking forward to this new series just because it seemed like it might scratch that Transformers Prime itch, but this latest trailer makes me a little skeptical because the animation looks... Not bad, but not great. Sorta like Prime Wars, but without the lag. A step above Energon, but nowhere near Beast Wars in terms of making me feel like the hits actually hit.

I think it might just be me looking at the trailer and thinking that some of the punches look like it's a stock footage setup with the recieveing bot replying with a stock footage response, rather than the models being animated together through means of motion capture or something like that. I'm not saying that's actually how it was animated, but it'd make sense to me because it's probably easier to animate several different sets of stock footage compared to animating every single frame of a fight scene everytime.

Like I said, it'd not bad per se, and definitely makes sense if that's the case because they're trying to tie it into the toyline, but they're already a year behind. On the plus side, at least it doesn't have the Machinima head bob
Sentinel_Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: Sea Serpent
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Courage: 4
Firepower: 2
Skill: 5

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers HALLOWEEN SPECIAL #1 IDW Comics 2021 JUL210491 (CA)Goux (W) Watters"
NEW!
Transformers HALLO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #42 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WINDBLADE #7 RI 1:10 Vol 2 IDW Comics 2015 (CA) Zama"
Transformers WINDB ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #19 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010S"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #11 Marvel Comics 1994 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915J"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #7 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Bright (W) Budiansky 230915X"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #18 Cover A IDW Comics 2020 BOLD NEW ERA 18A DEC190650"
TRANSFORMERS #18 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS vs TERMINATOR #4 Cvr A IDW Comics 2020 APR200726 4A (CA) Fullerton"
TRANSFORMERS vs TE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #13 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 DEC210544 13B (CA) Johnson"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WAR'S END #1 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 DEC210548 1RI (CA) Su"
Transformers WAR'S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers MOVIE PREQUEL #1 FCBD IDW Comics 2007 (CA) Figueroa 200530A"
Transformers MOVIE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE #2 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926S"
TRANSFORMERS UNIVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WINDBLADE #1 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 1RI (CA) Pitre-Durocher 230124"
Transformers WINDB ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers STORMBRINGER #2 Cvr B IDW Comics 2006 2B (W) Furman (A/CA) Figueroa"
Transformers STORM ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Rewind" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Buzzsaw Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON