This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise Discussion Thread

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:44 am

Motto: "Earthrise restock or riot"
blackeyedprime wrote:
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:What part of that car mode doesn't look like an Earth mode? :???: Like, seriously, what?

Sculpted windshield guff that's normally considred cybertronian guff (fortunately it hides in bot mode and the robot chest has a smooth windscreen.
I think that sculpted stuff is mainly for the benefit of his robot mode, since some of it is visible behind his torso.

blackeyedprime wrote:The hood square indentations which dont really represent headlights and the unfortunate placement of the gold strip makes them look worse.
The indentations aren't supposed to represent headlights. They're supposed to represent the indentations in front of the headlights. The headlights proper, are the rectangles behind the indents.
Just like on the original toy. Granted, the gold stripe is on top of the headlights instead of in front of them now, probably for ease of machine painting. But it doesn't really hurt things, considering they're supposed to be pop-up headlights.

And when you factor in the park lights and grille below the hood, the Earthly wheels, the gas tank cover, the doors complete with door handles...
Last edited by ZeldaTheSwordsman on Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
WANT:
* Cybertron Galvatron key, missiles
* Omega Lock
* Primus Cyber Key, coattail panel
* Powerlinx Comettor
* Cyb Jetfire R gun and missile
* RiD Galvy dragon head, beast arms
* DotM Ironhide windshield, R hood assy.
* ROTF Jetfire R JTFR panel

Di Bonaventura is not a credible or trustworthy source. And most fans do like the diversity push, thanks.

Trading MOSC MMPR fliphead Pink Ranger for ER Fasttrack or SIEGE Refraktor
ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby sol magnus » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:48 am

Motto: "This is the most beautiful thing in the entire universe. Ok, give me the bomb."
Weapon: Laser Rifle
Both of these guys are buys.
'Til All Are One.
sol magnus
Gestalt
News Credits: 10
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:53 am

Oh, yeah, these are definite "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY" for me.
WANT:
* Omega Lock
* Powerlinx Comettor

Di Bonaventura is not a credible or trustworthy source. And most fans do like the diversity push, thanks.

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:07 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Yeah I'll be getting Runamuck (and I'll try to get Runabout but it depends whose exclusive he is. Just normal Selects is better for me)
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Ig89ninja » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:16 am

Motto: "To troll, or be sincere, that is my question"
Weapon: Energo-Sword
I would personally love a repaint of this so that they resemble the decepticon grunts has in Devastation
Want: ROTF Lockdown/Axor Engine

Ig89ninja
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 6
Alt Mode: Peterbilt 379 [movie optimus prime alt Mode]
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: ???

Postby Mindmaster » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:52 am

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
Black Hat wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:If you're not sure, look up video reviews.

Me, I'll buy Doubledealer full price when I'll find it in stores. As for the cassettes pack, I stupidly missed out on the preorders so I had no choice but to pay 20$CAN extra to a reseller/scalper. #-o

I feel your pain. I got my set about $15+ extra from a reseller but I had an excuse for missing out on preorders; I was out in the New Mexico desert doing cool tank stuff and my old phone was on its last leg so I couldn’t even get on the internet much less than stay in contact with my folks back home :(

Cool tank stuff? Now you have my attention.

Mine too! Also, be honest Mindmaster, you did name your tank Brawl, right? (because that would be awesome)

I say “cool tank stuff” but it was more me and my crew sitting in the desert with our broke af tank waiting for another crew to finish their gunnery run so we could hop on their tank and do our gunnery runs. Sadly no, my tank is named “Collimated Hate” (named after the collimation process, which is part of getting the sights on the tank lined up with the guntube, goofy name if you ask me) since our tanks have to start with “C” (the company’s name is “Comanche”) so no Brawls or Megatrons in sight. :( Aside from the maintenance (which tanks are a huge pain in the ass), tanking is fun. I’m the driver for my current crew lineup (I started as a driver when I first got to my unit in Korea, then was a loader when I came back to the states, now back to driver) and I personally really enjoy driving. Hoping to get a gunner’s spot before my contract ends late next year.

Didn’t mean to derail the thread, just wanted to get that out there. :saint:
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6

Postby Mindmaster » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:55 am

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Ig89ninja wrote:I would personally love a repaint of this so that they resemble the decepticon grunts has in Devastation

I honestly would love this. Decepticon army builders are my schtick, I think it’s a fun idea to have a small band of Autobots versus a group of Decepticons augmented by hordes of nameless nobody drone dudes like how Prime’s story did it. If they do end up making drone characters from this mold, I’ll happily get a few. And Runabout/Overrun for obvious reasons. :lol:
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:19 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Will given we got Brunt redecoed into a drone from a 14 year old comic book, I wouldn't rule out a Decepticlone drone repaint
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Nemesis Primal » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:44 am

Motto: "Anything worth doing is worth suffering for."
Weapon: Twin Swords
Runamuck looks great, he's still on my list, although I didn't preorder him in case they release a toy-colored version of him like how we got 2 versions of Impactor (I miss the orange).

...I also just noticed that his gun looks different now, and comparing to TFWiki, this gun looks more accurate to Runamuck's gun, while the one in his Toy Fair render...was Runabout's. :-?
Nemesis Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 48
Alt Mode: Purple monkey I guess
Strength: 6
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:40 pm

Mindmaster wrote:
Ig89ninja wrote:I would personally love a repaint of this so that they resemble the decepticon grunts has in Devastation

I honestly would love this. Decepticon army builders are my schtick, I think it’s a fun idea to have a small band of Autobots versus a group of Decepticons augmented by hordes of nameless nobody drone dudes like how Prime’s story did it. If they do end up making drone characters from this mold, I’ll happily get a few. And Runabout/Overrun for obvious reasons. :lol:
That would be cool.
I'd also love a "storage cube" warrior retool of Reflector, for the same reason. At least, if it was retail.
WANT:
* Omega Lock
* Powerlinx Comettor

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Rodimus Prime » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:19 pm

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
Since we're getting a Runamuck, we should be getting a Runabout as well, right? I mean, it's practically a straight redeco, isn't it? It would have made more sense to have these guys in a 2-pack exclusive than the seekers.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby william-james88 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:28 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Rodimus Prime wrote:Since we're getting a Runamuck, we should be getting a Runabout as well, right? I mean, it's practically a straight redeco, isn't it? It would have made more sense to have these guys in a 2-pack exclusive than the seekers.

Hasbro LOVES to release redecos that go into teams as exclusives rather than mainline figures. They did it with Ironhide, the seekers (as you mentioned), the Datsuns and even the cassettes. So Runabout will probably be a selects release or Walgreens exclusive or Amazon exclusive set or something like that.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:34 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Rodimus Prime wrote:Since we're getting a Runamuck, we should be getting a Runabout as well, right? I mean, it's practically a straight redeco, isn't it? It would have made more sense to have these guys in a 2-pack exclusive than the seekers.
Runamuck was the fan poll winner. It was a vote for just him rather than both of them. But, we can likely expect a Runabout later on, too, since, like you said, it's a simple redeco.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10

Postby Sowndwave76 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:40 pm

Motto: "They wanna play my emotions, but I'm like the ocean-- too calm to get upset by somebody's notion."
Weapon: Concussion Blaster Gun
I will definitely pass on Sunstreaker... I like the Universe version better and don't see this being worth $20+.
Runamuck totally has my interest, but yeah, the back of the lower legs look really bad...
Being that I don't see him flying off shelves, I may hold off for a while once he's released.
Sowndwave76
Gestalt
News Credits: 9
Intelligence: 7
Skill: 7

Postby Emerje » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:05 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer

Sure seems like they intend to:
Nemesis Primal wrote:...I also just noticed that his gun looks different now, and comparing to TFWiki, this gun looks more accurate to Runamuck's gun, while the one in his Toy Fair render...was Runabout's. :-?

Though we've seen figures with the wrong guns (and heads) before that didn't lead to a new figure so who knows, but this is such an each retool I'd be surprised if we didn't get Runabout.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 236
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby Tuned Agent » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:23 am

Motto: "The real scale was the friends we made along the way."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
william-james88 wrote:

Hasbro LOVES to release redecos that go into teams as exclusives rather than mainline figures. They did it with Ironhide, the seekers (as you mentioned), the Datsuns and even the cassettes. So Runabout will probably be a selects release or Walgreens exclusive or Amazon exclusive set or something like that.

I'm predicting that Runabout will be put in a two-pack with another deluxe, probably a redeco of one of the modulators as an exclusive. Something similar to what they did for the IDW version of Impactor, because they know people are going to buy the multipack for that one figure. Though I hope I'm wrong and he's released individually.
Tuned Agent
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 20
Alt Mode: 2018 Dodge Challenger
Strength: 4
Speed: 6
Courage: 6
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Postby Rodimus Prime » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:06 am

Sabrblade wrote:
Runamuck was the fan poll winner. It was a vote for just him rather than both of them. But, we can likely expect a Runabout later on, too, since, like you said, it's a simple redeco.
But that shouldn't mean that he has to be sold by himself. Winning the poll means that fans want him, and wouldn't it make sense that fans want Runabout as well, considering they are together in whatever media they appear in (as far as I know)?

Besides, they may be well-known characters, they're still only supporting cast. I never liked main cast characters (such as Ratchet or the Seekers) being exclusives. The Battlechargers are a perfect example of what an exclusive should be, IMO: character(s) that are known but not must-have for everyone.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers

Postby ZeldaTheSwordsman » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:35 am

Here are some things to consider:
1. Runamuck winning the fan poll indicates that (barring shenanigans like TFW2005's campaign to get Erector into the hall of fame because his name was funny) a lot of people want him. To Hasbro, that says he's viable for wide release. And indeed, fans who voted for him might be ticked at him becoming an exclusive.
2. The Seekers are Voyagers, and voyager slots are more precious than Deluxe slots. Bundling two Seekers of a set together as a store exclusive gets them all released without filling three store slots with recolors of the same mold (And Hasbro has long been averse to putting three decos of the same mold out at wide release in the same line; instances of it past G1 are rare). And we have two sets of three Seekers coming out..
3. Bundling Skywarp and Thundercracker gets them both out while reducing the likelihood of Skywarp ending up a tail-end shelfwarmer.

Regarding what should be an exclusive... from my observation, there are two kinds of exclusives: There's relegated exclusives, which are exclusive because they were either deemed to niche to get a wide release slot, or bend the rules and thus don't fit neatly into any of the wide release slots. Then there's prize exclusives, which are things esteemed to be desirable enough that a store wanted exclusive rights to carry them.
WANT:
* Omega Lock
* Powerlinx Comettor

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby william-james88 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:43 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Rodimus Prime wrote:I do agree that the TFA Arcee is the best of the Arcees so far, with TFP a close 2nd.

Which TFP arcee?
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Solipsist » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:44 am

Runamuck looks great. His vehicle mode reminds me of a classic car driven by James Bond in one of his movies with Roger Moore back in the late '70's or early '80's. I can't remember which film it was. THIS is an awesome figure and I am going to try to find it when it is available. :APPLAUSE: ;)^
Solipsist
Mini-Con

Postby Cyberpath » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:04 am

Sabrblade wrote:

Was kind of hoping for a minor retool too, since the originals were two different car models. But they sort of gave Runamuck Runabout's mode, so yeah, probably a redeco.
Cyberpath
City Commander
News Credits: 372

Postby Ballistic90 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:19 am

Is it me, or does Runamuck share a some engineering with Cliffjumper? The back of the car looks similar to the removable back to Cliffjumper to me.
Please check out my YouTube channel, Bigg Hungry Joe at

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyyR-O ... SDZpTpnNJA

Updates every wednesday with a new transformer review!
Ballistic90
Fuzor
Watch Ballistic90 on YouTube

Postby Evil Eye » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:41 am

Motto: "Don't be a goddamn coward."
Weapon: Acid Spray Gun
Mindmaster wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
Black Hat wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:If you're not sure, look up video reviews.

Me, I'll buy Doubledealer full price when I'll find it in stores. As for the cassettes pack, I stupidly missed out on the preorders so I had no choice but to pay 20$CAN extra to a reseller/scalper. #-o

I feel your pain. I got my set about $15+ extra from a reseller but I had an excuse for missing out on preorders; I was out in the New Mexico desert doing cool tank stuff and my old phone was on its last leg so I couldn’t even get on the internet much less than stay in contact with my folks back home :(

Cool tank stuff? Now you have my attention.

Mine too! Also, be honest Mindmaster, you did name your tank Brawl, right? (because that would be awesome)

I say “cool tank stuff” but it was more me and my crew sitting in the desert with our broke af tank waiting for another crew to finish their gunnery run so we could hop on their tank and do our gunnery runs. Sadly no, my tank is named “Collimated Hate” (named after the collimation process, which is part of getting the sights on the tank lined up with the guntube, goofy name if you ask me) since our tanks have to start with “C” (the company’s name is “Comanche”) so no Brawls or Megatrons in sight. :( Aside from the maintenance (which tanks are a huge pain in the ass), tanking is fun. I’m the driver for my current crew lineup (I started as a driver when I first got to my unit in Korea, then was a loader when I came back to the states, now back to driver) and I personally really enjoy driving. Hoping to get a gunner’s spot before my contract ends late next year.

Didn’t mean to derail the thread, just wanted to get that out there. :saint:

Nice! Tanks are cool. Well, actually they're incredibly hot (though not as hot as the tanks of WW1 which reached 60 degrees inside) but you get my drift. :lol:

Anyway, Runamuck. The fake wheels...oh boy I do not like that. I see what they were going for but between it showing up in the car mode and just how weak they look, plus my dislike of fake kibble in general, I don't think it was worth it. Also the chest being fake is just...why? It's not a hard transformation to do, did they really need to make the chest fake?
Ha ha Transformers go brrrrr
Evil Eye
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: F-4 Phantom II
Skill: 8

Postby Rodimus Prime » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:07 am

william-james88 wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:I do agree that the TFA Arcee is the best of the Arcees so far, with TFP a close 2nd.

Which TFP arcee?
First Edition.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers

Postby Deadman48 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:41 pm

The bot and car modes are very nice, but are my eyes playing tricks on me or is the roof a bright yellow while the rest of him is a washed out yellow? Be a bit disapppointing if he didn't get some nice paint or bright yellow. That air intakes look a bit off in car mode too; Not chunky enough or is it just the lack of a spoiler just making it look strange?
Deadman48
Mini-Con

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K32 PIPES Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
WFC-K32 PIPES Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K13 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K13 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DIRGE Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Class Conehead Hasbro 2023 New"
DIRGE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKULLGRIN Transformers Legacy Deluxe Class Hasbro 2022 New"
SKULLGRIN Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WILDRIDER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Stunticon Menasor Hasbro 2022 New"
WILDRIDER Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANIMATED BUMBLEBEE Transformers Legacy United Deluxe Class Hasbro 2024 New"
ANIMATED BUMBLEBEE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "POINTBLANK + PEACEMAKER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Class 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
POINTBLANK + PEACE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLAMPDOWN Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Collection Deluxe 231208A"
CLAMPDOWN Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-02 RHINOX + SCORPONOK Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2023 New"
BWVS-02 RHINOX + S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ROAD ROCKET Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 G2 Deluxe 2022 New"
ROAD ROCKET Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "METROPLEX Transformers Legacy Cybertron Universe Titan Class Hasbro 2022 New"
METROPLEX Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKIDS Transformers Legacy Deluxe G1 Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
SKIDS Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K28 GALVATRON fixed shoulders Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader 2021"
WFC-K28 GALVATRON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Hasbro 2022 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Cosmos" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Autobot Jazz Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON