This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

NETFLIX Transformers War for Cybertron Trilogy TOY line discussion

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: NETFLIX Transformers War for Cybertron Trilogy TOY line discussion

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:09 am

I honestly feel there is a chance of a re-release next year maybe for Netflix Bee and Soundwave. They were clearly meant to be mainline, and with them being a Walmart exclusive during a pandemic, I'm sure scalpers got their unfair share. Hasbro has recently done second runs of a number of figures that were hard to get or still have demand and outrageous eBay prices. It wouldn't surprise me to see them again next year offered online. That is just a tough leap of faith to make if you haven't gotten one.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby Wolfman Jake » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:10 am

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
I already got Netflix Bumblebee (and all of the Wave 2 Deluxes) without much issue. Saw them all multiple times in store leading up to Xmas. What has been scarce is the Wave 2 Voyager sets. I think half of the Walmarts in my area got one or two cases each, which is 2x Soundwave and 2x Optimus Prime. Never found Soundwave, but managed to get an Optimus Prime before they were all gone in a matter of days.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:47 pm

I decided to shell out for BB and Soundwave with BB coming in today.

I'm tired of hunting these figures out. At first I wasn't going to get Bumblebee as I'm a huge fan of the original Classics figure and not really into BB himself. But, given his place in the franchise, and the fact that this is an official VW figure too and that he'd probably be really pricy to get later on I figured "why not?" Plus I got Botcon Bugbite last year so that mold still has a place in my collection in that form.

Glad I did. He's a nice, tidy, TF. I didn't pick up Cliffy since I am not down for replacing the GDO figure I still like, so this is my only experience with the mold. And it's not bad. It's a shame about the partsforming, but the overall look sells me on it despite that.

Wish I found him in person, but them's the breaks sometimes.
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 1

Postby Sowndwave76 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:29 pm

Motto: "They wanna play my emotions, but I'm like the ocean-- too calm to get upset by somebody's notion."
Weapon: Concussion Blaster Gun
Gauntlet101010 wrote:I decided to shell out for BB and Soundwave with BB coming in today.

I'm tired of hunting these figures out. At first I wasn't going to get Bumblebee as I'm a huge fan of the original Classics figure and not really into BB himself. But, given his place in the franchise, and the fact that this is an official VW figure too and that he'd probably be really pricy to get later on I figured "why not?" Plus I got Botcon Bugbite last year so that mold still has a place in my collection in that form.

Glad I did. He's a nice, tidy, TF. I didn't pick up Cliffy since I am not down for replacing the GDO figure I still like, so this is my only experience with the mold. And it's not bad. It's a shame about the partsforming, but the overall look sells me on it despite that.

Completely understand...
It's relatively frustrating when there seems to be nothing (or at least what you're specifically looking for) in-stores for months. I'm going to probably end up asking in the Buy, Sell, Trade forum if someone can get BB for me...
Out of the entire Netflix line, BB is one of the only ones I REALLY want (honestly other than Soundwave)... I bought Prime because I liked the paint apps and the blue inner lower legs. *Also because I never saw ER Prime in a store. Hotlink was the one Cybertron seeker mold I wanted, also because of the overall color scheme and just being different.
And both were bought a bit in response to the fact that I couldn't find other figures (from ER) that I wanted.

However, I'm not willing to pay way over $20 for a really small deluxe... So we'll see.
Sowndwave76
Gestalt
News Credits: 9
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7

Postby o.supreme » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:34 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
It's a shame to, because I really want to help, especially when I saw 4 BB's just a couple of days ago. Unfortunately just to ship, even inexpensively is nearly $10 (plus materials etc...)in the US for a deluxe (removing it from the packaging and making it smaller helps some but...) . If I were on the other end, I don't really like the idea of paying $30 for a deluxe that should be readily available, so I can't imagine too many others would either.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:35 pm

Yeah he is very small. The classics Bee looks "Beezeemuzz Prime" in comparison.

I'm of two minds about it. In the cartoon the bot mode should be that small. But I feel that the vehicle mode is way too small and that Classics Bee actually scales better next to other TFs. I have the iGear "minibots" to fill out most of them so most of them are deluze class for me.

But the small bee really is a slick TF once you get past the partsforming.
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:43 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Finally found Netflix Impactor tonight at a slightly-out-of-the-way Walmart, so now I have all three versions of that mold.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Courage: 8
Skill: 9

Postby william-james88 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:13 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Gauntlet101010 wrote:I decided to shell out for BB and Soundwave with BB coming in today.

How much did you pay for each?
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Video Review for Netflix Transformers Barricade Sparkless Version

Postby william-james88 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:21 pm

For those who watched the first season of Netflix's Transformers series, do you remember a part where the autobots go to the Sea of Rust and are attacked by a sparkless (aka zombie) Decepticon that looks like Barricade? Well if not, then we have an image to serve as a refresher below so that you can see what this new toy is referring to. Kremzeek reviews has a video review up for this sparkless Barricade toy. It is part of the Walmart exclusive third wave of Netflix deluxe figures. There should be more sparkless themed figures coming, though we have yet to see them.

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Rodimus Knight » Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:54 pm

Looks pretty good to me although I think the Arms and legs need to be the same rust style as the rest of it.
Rodimus Knight
Pretender
News Credits: 2

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:59 pm

Rodimus Knight wrote:Looks pretty good to me although I think the Arms and legs need to be the same rust style as the rest of it.

Yeah, it seems like they blew the paint budget and figured it was good enough as it is.

Still like it, though.
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Emerje » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:59 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Gauntlet101010 wrote:
Rodimus Knight wrote:Looks pretty good to me although I think the Arms and legs need to be the same rust style as the rest of it.

Yeah, it seems like they blew the paint budget and figured it was good enough as it is.

Still like it, though.

I like it better this way. Rusted painted metal doesn't just turn to a rust color, it fades, cracks, and peals. The multi color faded look seems more realistic to me, like it degraded in different ways.

I find the molding intriguing. Just looking at the arms, Prowl and Smokescreen have shoulders and forearms that are the same color, the rest of the arms are black. Barricade's shoulders are black, but the rest of the arm is lavender. Bluestreak has dark gray shoulders and forearms, red biceps, and light gray fists. Then Sparkless here has shoulders and forearms the same color and biceps and fist the same color. What the heck is the parts layout on this mold?

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 236
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Comparison Image Between Transformers Cheetor from Netflix and Kingdom Line

Postby william-james88 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:17 pm

Transformers Netflix Cheetor is such an odd release since the differences with the mainline Kingdom version is rather minimal as you can see below and it has even less paint apps. The best part is the more metallic and deeper blue but it is less abundant than the power blue found on the mainline version. Aside from that, the yellow plastic seems more golden on the Netflix version. This figure is part of the third wave of deluxe Transformers Netflix figures which also includes a Siege Ironhide redeco (into a Quintesson troop builder), a rusty Barricade, and an alleged rusty Deep Cover. These should be out by summer 2021. The images below were sent to us from a source which wished to remain anonymous.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Rodimus Prime » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:34 pm

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
Yeah, Netflix Cheetor looks much better. I'm glad I waited.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby Changewinds » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:38 pm

The changes might be minimal with fewer paint apps, but that metallic blue really brings out his face and the lack of blue on his legs allows the robot legs to blend with his cheetah form better. I’d say the changes are a plus, especially since I don’t have him yet.
Changewinds
Micromaster

Postby Changewinds » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:51 pm

Wolfman Jake wrote:I already got Netflix Bumblebee (and all of the Wave 2 Deluxes) without much issue. Saw them all multiple times in store leading up to Xmas. What has been scarce is the Wave 2 Voyager sets. I think half of the Walmarts in my area got one or two cases each, which is 2x Soundwave and 2x Optimus Prime. Never found Soundwave, but managed to get an Optimus Prime before they were all gone in a matter of days.

I’ve been to Walmart way more times than I would normally go hunting for bee. I definitely haven’t seen well stocked shelves, though there have been the occasional Netflix figures, with Elita being the most common for a bit. I think I saw OP once, but he is available online for the same price at least. Seems even when Bee drops to OPs price he gets sold out really quick online.
Changewinds
Micromaster

Postby noctorro » Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:16 am

sol magnus wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:Any sightings of Netflix Optimus Prime and Soundwave in Canada?

My friend want a ER Optimus but he don't want to pay for that cheap-ass trailer. So his best option is the Netflix one.

No way of knowing in Quebec since Walmarts have their toy sections cut off due to government regulation. But I did get mine before the lockdown, yes, so they were around.

Lockdowns or not, my local Walmart never, ever bothered having any Netflix figures in stock.

That sucks, dude.

I live in Holland.

yeah...
http://www.plasticpolygon.com
I 3d design and print! Check out my instagram http://www.instagram.com/plasticpolygon3d for some Transformers weapons if you're interested. The War for Cybertron standard machine gun is ready as well as the Armada Optimus gun (smaller) and a Robotech Gunpod.
noctorro
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:09 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
That blue does look really nice, but I am still extremely happy with my retail Cheetor. He is extremely good
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby aronjlove » Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:35 am

Unless these figures come with some cool pack-in, I ain't buying another Cheetor. Everyone collects differently so to those who prefer the more show accurate colors I am glad you have an option, but the Kingdom release is good enough for me. Now if they pull an Elita-1 or Bumblebee and put a figure in the Netflix box which ain't in a Kingdom box then I'm all over that, but I can't think of a single figure they could do that with in Kingdom/Wave 3.
aronjlove
Brainmaster
News Credits: 23

Postby Spider5800 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:09 am

Glad I waited, this looks WAY better than the default Cheetor to me.

I just wish I didn't have to go to Walmart of all places to get it. :SICK:
Optimus Prime: Freedom is the right of all sentient beings!

Megatron: Bite my shiney metal ass!
Spider5800
Vehicon
News Credits: 2

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:11 am

Eeyup, that Netflix one is the right one for me.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby blackeyedprime » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:24 am

Motto: "Me Grimlock, you slag."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
Still planning to go with RED unless the cyberverse deluxe wins me over.
blackeyedprime
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: a spoon
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 5
Firepower: 2
Skill: 6

Postby Razorbeast88 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:17 am

Motto: ""Here's a hint!""
Weapon: Pile-Drivers
Looks like cheetor went into a tanning salon
Patiently waiting for an updated TF:A-inspired quadruple-changing Shockwave in the generations toyline
Razorbeast88
Headmaster
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: Mammoth + Pirate Ship
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Firepower: 6

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:15 pm

Razorbeast88 wrote:Looks like cheetor went into a tanning salon
And came out with his correct colors instead of the retail version's bleached colors.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Razorbeast88 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:23 pm

Motto: ""Here's a hint!""
Weapon: Pile-Drivers
Sabrblade wrote:
Razorbeast88 wrote:Looks like cheetor went into a tanning salon
And came out with his correct colors instead of the retail version's bleached colors.

Lol I was poking fun at the difference between the two and the shade of gold netflix cheetor has but thank you for reiterating what everyone and their mother has been saying since the first leaked image. I almost forgot that cheetor isn't supposed to be mustard yellow
Patiently waiting for an updated TF:A-inspired quadruple-changing Shockwave in the generations toyline
Razorbeast88
Headmaster
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: Mammoth + Pirate Ship
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Firepower: 6

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATION 2 #3 Marvel Comics 1994 (W) Furman (CA) Yaniger 230915L"
TRANSFORMERS GENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #14 Marvel Comics 1986 (W/CA) Budiansky (A) Perlin 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #8 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 JUL210496 8A (CA) Griffith"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "REVOLUTION TRANSFORMERS One-Shot Main Cover IDW Comics 2016 (CA) Matere 230124"
REVOLUTION TRANSFO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers Wreckers TREAD & CIRCUITS #4 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 4RI"
Transformers Wreck ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #1 RI-A 1:10 IDW Comics 2019 1RIA (CA) Caltsoudas 211118A"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #3 2nd ptg Cvr B Ratchet Image Comics 2024 1023IM978 (CA) Howard"
TRANSFORMERS #3 2n ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers SECTOR 7 #1 (of 5) Cover A IDW Comics 2010 (CA) Rood 200212a"
Transformers SECTO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #2 2nd ptg Cvr B Soundwave Image Comics 2023 (CA) Howard 240210B"
NEW!
TRANSFORMERS #2 2n ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #5 Cvr B Image Comics 2024 Skybound 1223IM324 5B (CA) Stokoe"
TRANSFORMERS #5 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #39 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 NOV210456 39B (CA) Simone"
TRANSFORMERS #39 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #11 Cover B IDW Comics 2019 BOLD NEW ERA 11B (CA) Caltsoudas"
TRANSFORMERS #11 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #31 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 MAR210482 31A (CA) Zuniga (W) Ruckley"
TRANSFORMERS #31 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #8 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Bright (W) Budiansky 240317A"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Siege on Cybertron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Triggerhappy and Blowpipe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Skywarp Figure" on AMAZON