This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Masterpiece Thundercracker 2.0 Incoming?!

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Masterpiece Thundercracker 2.0 Incoming?!

Postby Powered Convoy » Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:45 am

Powered Convoy
Vehicon
News Credits: 86

Masterpiece Thundercracker 2.0 First Image

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:29 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Greetings Seibertronians! It was inevitable, but thanks to fellow Seibertron user, Powered Convoy, and Facebook page, DaimChoc Reports, we have the first look at one of Starscream's fellow seekers, Thundercracker!

While we don't have any official confirmation on this seeker's release, we all knew that after the reveal of MP-52 Starscream that the rest of the repaints would follow.

Accessories wise, Thundercracker appears to come with some blast effects, three different facial expressions and his guns. There's also another piece that is hard to make out at the moment, though it could just be a flight stand adaptor.

Written across the image is the date 1.14 which could mean that we will be learning more about Thundercracker next week.

Will you be putting money down for Thundercracker? Are you holding out for Skywarp or any of the other rainbow coloured seekers? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Re: Masterpiece Thundercracker 2.0 Incoming?!

Postby Master Farr 1 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:44 am

Okay I need it.
Master Farr 1
Mini-Con

Postby angtre » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:07 am

Motto: "Lamentor ergo sum"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
An easy pass, doubly so since I already invested quite a lot on the MP-11 mold, getting all available Seekers in "show" colors (and MP-11T was particularly pricey, given its limited release).

This is a pretty predictable release, yet deep down I was still hoping for more variety for Decepticon MP figures - I could even do with an Autobot repaint of some sort (like a G1 Barricade from the Bluestreak mold), but at this point I can only hope that Coneheads won't follow the inevitable Skywarp repaint straight away.
angtre
Minibot
Alt Mode: Caterpillar D11
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 8

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:27 am

Motto: "Always Be’s-ing and do’s-ing, never cheesing or choosing!"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
I mean, honestly once I have a show-accurate Starscream, I only need a show-accurate Soundwave, then all my MP Decepticons will match. Who else from the first 2 seasons of the show did the ‘Cons have, without counting combiners?

I think the Insecticons would be cool in the Cartoon style. Hopefully Astrotrain and Blitzwing.

But what I’d really like to see would be some Movie/Season 3 Decepticons.
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Eat my ass funpub.

Burn wrote:And this is for taking Nemesis Maximo seriously.
*high fives Silly in the face*

carytheone wrote:I can't be assed to do any better right now.
Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt
Alt Mode: Lounge Lizard
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 7

Postby angtre » Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:27 am

Nemesis Maximo wrote:I mean, honestly once I have a show-accurate Starscream, I only need a show-accurate Soundwave, then all my MP Decepticons will match. Who else from the first 2 seasons of the show did the ‘Cons have, without counting combiners?

I think the Insecticons would be cool in the Cartoon style. Hopefully Astrotrain and Blitzwing.

After Studio Series Devastator, I've still little shards of hope left for his G1 counterpart in the MP line. Still I reckon chances are pretty slim, although before moving to season 2 or 3 I'd really like to see the Reflector trio.
angtre
Minibot

Postby Hellscream9999 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:40 am

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
Oof, we all knew this was coming, but this means an almost $700 investment for this trio, it feels kind of silly at this point, what the mp line has become when the wfc trilogy has been knocking it outta the park at infinitely better price points :HEADHURTS:
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:19 pm

angtre wrote:
Nemesis Maximo wrote:I mean, honestly once I have a show-accurate Starscream, I only need a show-accurate Soundwave, then all my MP Decepticons will match. Who else from the first 2 seasons of the show did the ‘Cons have, without counting combiners?

After Studio Series Devastator, I've still little shards of hope left for his G1 counterpart in the MP line. Still I reckon chances are pretty slim, although before moving to season 2 or 3 I'd really like to see the Reflector trio.

Question would be, how best to package reflector? A boxset would make sense but the price it would carry...that would be the deal breaker. From a design point of view, the cost should be downplayed by having them combine into one alt mode but as this is Takara we're talking about, its going to be expensive...
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby angtre » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:47 pm

ZeroWolf wrote:Question would be, how best to package reflector? A boxset would make sense but the price it would carry...that would be the deal breaker. From a design point of view, the cost should be downplayed by having them combine into one alt mode but as this is Takara we're talking about, its going to be expensive...

I always figured it as a boxset. The single figures shouldn't be that big, given show proportions and the alt-mode, which I expect to be on scale. I'd say its cost shouldn't exceed much the likes of MP Shockwave or Soundwave. Or at least I surely hope so.
angtre
Minibot

Postby SodaPoptimus » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:03 pm

Yup...gonna get him. Gonna stop at Acid Storm.
SodaPoptimus
Mini-Con

Postby Emerje » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:56 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
angtre wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:Question would be, how best to package reflector? A boxset would make sense but the price it would carry...that would be the deal breaker. From a design point of view, the cost should be downplayed by having them combine into one alt mode but as this is Takara we're talking about, its going to be expensive...

I always figured it as a boxset. The single figures shouldn't be that big, given show proportions and the alt-mode, which I expect to be on scale. I'd say its cost shouldn't exceed much the likes of MP Shockwave or Soundwave. Or at least I surely hope so.

I agree. The bots themselves wouldn't be very big or complex and the camera mode can't be any bigger than 1:1 scale to a real camera, which could actually be a bit of a hurdle. Even screen caps don't help, they usually appeared in scenes where everyone was out of scale. I would say anything bigger than Bumblebee and smaller than an Autobot car would be safe. That said a box of three would probably be around $200+ since they'd have to include all the parts and weapons and maybe a working flash depending on Takara Tomy's mood. It's hard to predict since there isn't anything else like it.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 236
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby william-james88 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:01 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Question why are people over at TFW dissapointed this Thundercracker diesn5 cobe with a small reflector?
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Emerje » Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:06 pm

william-james88 wrote:Question why are people over at TFW dissapointed this Thundercracker diesn5 cobe with a small reflector?

From the first episode of the cartoon.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby william-james88 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:23 pm

Emerje wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Question why are people over at TFW dissapointed this Thundercracker diesn5 cobe with a small reflector?

From the first episode of the cartoon.

Emerje

Thanks!
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:42 pm

I don't know why, but I feel a small reflector would actually be one of the accessories that the actual Reflector would come with :-?
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Mindmaster » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:29 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Not shocked, but anyone who has a brain shouldn’t be. Looks nice but if prices are as high as they have been, I’ll just stick to my MP11 versions. I’ve never had a problem with them and I’d like to not drop $600+ on a new set of Seekers, especially since room is now a factor in my collection until I get out of the Army.
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby Emerje » Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:41 pm

ZeroWolf wrote:I don't know why, but I feel a small reflector would actually be one of the accessories that the actual Reflector would come with :-?

Yeah, plus it would set a strange precedence for for future Seekers. If Skywarp didn't come with some sort of tiny extra figure after Starscream came with Megatron and Thundercreacker came with Reflector a certain set of people would be outraged.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:37 am

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Of course MP TC 2.0 is coming. But he'll never enter my collection of sealed TC because it will never, ever be cheap like the previous TC MPs.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Sowndwave76 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:09 pm

Motto: "They wanna play my emotions, but I'm like the ocean-- too calm to get upset by somebody's notion."
Weapon: Concussion Blaster Gun
As much as I like this mold, and I would like to have TC and SW with my MP's, there's no way I'm dropping that much $$$... In fact, if anything, I would probably wait for one of the coneheads, either Thrust or Dirge.
But having MP Megatron, Soundwave, Shockwave, and Starscream coming in this June, I can be happy with those..
And the more I think about it, I'm not even sure I'd be happy with 3/6 MP's in my collection being seekers...
It'll take something like a well-done Blitzwing or Insecticons to get me back into the MP game.
And I don't even love the Insecticons, but knowing they'd be smaller, at least they'd be way cheaper, and add a bit of visual variety size-wise.
Sowndwave76
Gestalt
News Credits: 9
Strength: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:30 pm

Motto: "Guilty or Innocent?
Always Guilty..."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
Nemesis Maximo wrote: I only need a show-accurate Soundwave

How far off is MP-13 though? My friend who owns him, thinks he is perfect as is.

As far as Thundercracker, not surprised in the slightest. That is what this mold is for. We've discussed before in the general MP thread, how some of the smaller bots should be packaged in MP form. I'd agree Reflector should be a boxset. There is little point in them being individual releases. I also think the Insecticons should be a boxset also. Given their size.

Then again, considering what they are doing in the WFC line, isn't it time they started to do so with the Seekers too? A somewhat reduced price for an MP Conehead and/or Rainmaker boxset, seems reasonable. Even lowering the amount of accessories if need be.
AllNewSuperRobot
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 6
Alt Mode: Special Beam Cannon
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: ???

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:38 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Appart some sort of convention exclusive, who would buy what would be a 700$ or even 800$ boxset of a seeker trio? :shock:

There is a market for that, but it's damn limited. Such a set (with maybe some unique decos) shouldn't prevent the individual releases or it would be bad business.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby william-james88 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:01 pm

AllNewSuperRobot wrote:

How far off is MP-13 though?

Just the kibble on the side of each leg.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:15 pm

Motto: "Guilty or Innocent?
Always Guilty..."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
-Kanrabat- wrote:Apart some sort of convention exclusive, who would buy what would be a 700$ or even 800$ boxset of a seeker trio? :shock:

There is a market for that, but it's damn limited. Such a set (with maybe some unique decos) shouldn't prevent the individual releases or it would be bad business.

I suppose that entirely depends on how much they should be valued. There was a recent pre-order announcement for 3P MP Raiden. Now they are six figures, price $110 each and $660 for the set. That is steep but for an MP Combiner team, palatable.

My personal view, this mold should naturally depreciate with each successive redeco. A MP Conehead/Rainmaker trio = $300-$450. They can/do get away with fleecing the fanbase with Prime, Starscream et al IE the AAA characters. I doubt that interest could be guaranteed with MP Blackout, Sandstorm or Wheezing Arrow.
AllNewSuperRobot
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 6
Alt Mode: Special Beam Cannon
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: ???

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:02 pm

Motto: "Always Be’s-ing and do’s-ing, never cheesing or choosing!"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
william-james88 wrote:
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:

That, and I wouldn’t mind an MP Soundwave with actual hips.
Back at it again!
Marvel Legends Domino

SW's SilverHammer wrote:Eat my ass funpub.

Burn wrote:And this is for taking Nemesis Maximo seriously.
*high fives Silly in the face*

carytheone wrote:I can't be assed to do any better right now.
Nemesis Maximo
Gestalt
Alt Mode: Lounge Lizard
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Firepower: 10+

Postby Emerje » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:41 pm

william-james88 wrote:
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:

Unless you got the Hasbro version, then you might not be satisfied with the yellow visor.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #2 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 JAN210500 2RI 220427"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #13 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010E"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers KING GRIMLOCK #4 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 SEP210484 4A (CA) Wilkins"
Transformers KING ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers KING GRIMLOCK #3 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 AUG210586 3A (CA) Lee"
Transformers KING ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ARMADA #1 Dreamwave Comics DW 2002 (W) Sarracini (A/CA) Raiz"
Transformers ARMAD ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers PRIMACY #4 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2014 4RI SEP140388 (CA) Griffith"
Transformers PRIMA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers WINDBLADE #1 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2014 FEB140339 (CA) Ramondelli"
Transformers WINDB ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #25 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 SEP200484 25B (CA) Malkova"
TRANSFORMERS #25 C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ptg Cvr C Laughter Image Comics 2023 1123IM810 (CA) Howard"
VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #52 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 210422B"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS GALAXIES #8 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 FEB200657 8B (A) Miyao (CA) Chan"
TRANSFORMERS GALAX ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers ONGOING #25 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2011 25RI (W) Costa (CA) Cahill"
Transformers ONGOI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers LAST BOT STANDING #4 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 JUN221674 4B (CA) Zama"
Transformers LAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #2 2nd ptg Cvr A Duke Image Comics 2023 1023IM897 (CA) Howard"
TRANSFORMERS #2 2n ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PLATINUM EDITION HOT ROD JUNKION SCRAPHEAP WRECK GAR SET" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Infinitus and Sentinel Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Sergeant Kup and Flintlock" on AMAZON