This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-13 Blackout Revealed

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-13 Blackout Revealed

Postby william-james88 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:44 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Emerje wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Cheesinator wrote:This is really impressive engineering, mostly that they got a good sized bot without making the helicopter hilariously huge (and the accurate rotor blade is awesome).

The SS version is (in my humble opinion), possibly the current pinnacle for Bayverse figures in terms of accurately portraying the complex movie model in both bot and alt modes, having decent articulation and also having a fun transformation without partsforming or 'cheating'. Only slightly falls short on scale.

If the MPM has a relatively simple transformation, it seems like it'll be superior in every way. Big if, though, for fans like me who enjoy transforming the figures back and forth.

He apparently has 88 steps, making him the most complex official transformer in history.

Unicron has 91 steps from assembled planet to bot. ;) There's actually many more steps in the instruction manual, but they're preparation steps like assembling the stand and ring and inserting filler plugs, stuff you'd only do once.

Emerje

Aha right!
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby -Kanrabat- » Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:34 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
It's a bit confusing what a "step" actually is. Often I see the instruction splitting hair dividing what is actually one step into many, or going the opposite direction skipping actual steps.

Anyway, as long that Emgo don't say "It's one of those", like here, I'm good.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby FrankTheJohnson » Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:33 pm

To the nay sayers.. do one better and show the difference.. as for me.. I'm getting him MPM 13 will hit my shelf asap.. cant wait for the 2007 '77 Camero Bumblebee as well, the 2007 Bonecrusher, and Brawl.. This Blackout gets a A- in my book, solely because the paint job could've been the dark color he was in the movie.. other that that he looks as close to the CGI as he could.. the SS was almost masterpiece worthy, so I see the similarities but glad he's at the masterpiece stage and appreciate the SS version. BTW the fact I have a great feeling we'll be seeing Bumblebee pretty soon, I'm so anxious to complete the 2007 full cast in Masterpiece MPM's.. revisit this comment when it hit the news. Love the MPM 13 Blackout I will be getting it.
FrankTheJohnson
Mini-Con

Postby EvasionModeBumblebee » Tue May 03, 2022 2:15 pm

Motto: "Are you telling me you could've been a Camaro this whole time?!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Sam Smith (King Samlock) on Instagram just uploaded 3D 360 renders of MPM Blackout and Scorponok with some details about them, such as Blackout's alt mod being 21.5 inches long and Scorponok having 10 points of articulation. He also mentioned that there will be a future "screen to toy" post, like what we've gotten with some Studio Series figures.

https://www.instagram.com/king_samlock/
The Beekeeper of Seibertron

Check out my Studio Series customs! Newest update: SS-99 Battletrap
evasionmodebumblebee-s-studio-series-repaints-p2062217.php#p2062217

AKA CamaroBee
EvasionModeBumblebee
Godmaster
News Credits: 53
Alt Mode: 2011 Concept Camaro
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 9

More Details on MPM-13 Blackout with Scale Comparisons to MPM Line and SS Figure

Postby william-james88 » Wed May 04, 2022 3:17 pm

While we don't have a listing anywhere in the west for Transformers MPM-13 Blackout, we do have a lot of info on this toy thanks to Sam Smith, the designer of MPM Blackout who has now made several posts on Instagram giving us an inside scoop on the toy. We have lots of comparisons of the CAD model compared to the SS Blackout toy, as well as with other MPM toys. We even have a 360 video. All of that is below, enjoy!

“Blackout incoming… All hail Megatron!”

Im thrilled to officially share the US debut of MPM Blackout. This was such a fun character to develop with Tomo Tatsumi at Takara Tomorrow. Blackout was by far my favorite design from the first Transformers film, and it was great to get the chance to contribute to an all new version of the figure.

This bot mode is loaded with articulation, fine textures, painted mechanical working, weathering and never before used details. We tried pulling out all the stops to set this figure apart from the Studio Series Release. There are so many exposed tech panels, where we were able to treat the figure with metallic washes and dry brush effects, while also highlighting some awesome copper details to really make them pop. Every piece of dark exposed metallic plastic, was treated with some level of weathering to capture the distressed movie look.

I think the detailing that I was most excited for the on robot mode have to be the subtle additions to the face (yellow pin striping over the eyebrows) along with the “NO STEP” printed on the tops of his hands, as you see him reaching for the server unit inside of the base.

As we make our way to the weaponry, this Blackout is geared up. The figure includes dual mind guns which can be utilized in both robot and vehicle modes, along with a rotating chest port to reveal the chest cannon that he uses in the airfare base. Additionally Blackout includes 2 all new PVC blast effects which use our 3mm post system, and can be plugged into any of these weapon locations.

Lastly, he includes his screen accurate arm mounted rotor blades, with a rotating top surface to alternate between the helicopter accurate face, vs the robot weaponized surface.

*About Alt Mode*

“Sir, it says here 4500X was shot down three months ago in Afghanistan.”
“That’s got to be a mistake, check again then re-check”

There is so much detail on the vehicle mode for Blackout, and it was great to have a format to help bring some of those details to life. Blackout is based on a licensed Sikorsky MH-53 Pave Low helicopter (USAF REG 4500X). As far as the helicopter is concerned, it is the most accurate representation that we have ever taken on. It features an enclosed finished bottom to the hull, a function cargo ramp (to store Scorponok) articulating tail fin, rotors and fuel rod and landing gear.

Did I mention that this helicopter is massive? 21.5 inches long from end to end vs the Studio Series version at 17.5. and it has the ability to stow like a real MH-53.

The alt mode also features green tinted overhead windows to help cut down on the glare for the pilots, yellow window gaskets, and painted cabin windows along the full hull. From all the latch release, no step, pilot markings, lighting, and engine pin striping. I did my best to capture everything that we see in the film. There were so many compelling fine details that we discovered while sifting through thousands of Maya texture files, and it was great to see them applied to the helicopter.

*About Scorponok*

“NO, I DON’T HAVE A CREDIT CARD!!”

You can’t have Blackout with out Scorponok. A great companion piece, with some nice die-cast to the torso to add some heft the the character. Scorponok stows nicely into the rear storage compartment of helicopter.

His body is equipped with 10points of articulation, and he gets a good amount of bronze metallic paint to help accentuate some of his sculpted detail. At 5.5” long he’s a pretty sizable companion addition to the pack.

Now that we’ve seen Blackout sized up against his SS version, it would only be right to take a look at this character amongst his intended deception legion. Shown here is the scale comparison between MPM-8 (MEGATRON) and MPM-10 (STARSCREAM) bot and vehicle modes.

There were a number of questions in regards to the scale of this character against the existing SS-08 Blackout release, so I put together a few images to showcase the size and characters side by side to help showcase some of the differences in the details.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby TulioDude » Wed May 04, 2022 5:03 pm

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
He looks better by each photo!
I hope he can store Scorponok on his back.

Day 855 of waiting for Transformers Armada Masterpiece news.
Silverwing wrote:Also, I feel compelled to give the obligatory: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
One for each year of the Movieverse's decade strong tenure. Here's to a few more explosive years!

Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
TulioDude
Gestalt
News Credits: 6
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed May 04, 2022 7:43 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Dang he looks fantastic, I appreciate how much love went into his design!
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Skill: 8

Postby william-james88 » Wed May 04, 2022 7:52 pm

I don't collect all the MPM line, I see them more as single pieces to showcase rather than parts of a shelf or collection. And this is one guy I would 100% want to display. I remember seeing the Blackout design when it was oe of the first ones leaked and I just thought "man, I want to see how they can make a toy of that". It took a while to finally get a good one with the SS release but this one seems even better. I really like the look of his legs from the side. Not a fan of how they are handling his upper arms but I think that's just an issue with the design itself.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby -Kanrabat- » Thu May 05, 2022 7:03 am

It's that simple."
Once again I have to say that I'm really impressed how this MPM turned out.

I was disappointed by Starscream, but I have a good feeling about this Blackout.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby blackeyedprime » Thu May 05, 2022 10:32 am

Motto: "Me Grimlock, you slag."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
Those photos really make the upper arms look bad, no doubt it will look great in hand though.

On the fence for this guy.
blackeyedprime
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: a spoon
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 6

Postby EvasionModeBumblebee » Thu May 05, 2022 2:55 pm

TulioDude wrote:He looks better by each photo!

Confirmed!
E74A9E5C-DF1C-4B2D-8AB4-803574B067C1.jpeg

AKA CamaroBee
EvasionModeBumblebee
Godmaster

Postby TulioDude » Thu May 05, 2022 9:18 pm

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:
TulioDude wrote:He looks better by each photo!

Confirmed!
E74A9E5C-DF1C-4B2D-8AB4-803574B067C1.jpeg

Silverwing wrote:Also, I feel compelled to give the obligatory: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
One for each year of the Movieverse's decade strong tenure. Here's to a few more explosive years!

Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
TulioDude
Gestalt
News Credits: 6
Strength: 9
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Skill: 7

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri May 13, 2022 7:33 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Everything about this MPM is awesome. I cannot wait to have him!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby -Kanrabat- » Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:56 pm

It's that simple."
Greetings Seibertronians!

Once again, PvP is the first to provide a video review for the highly anticipated MPM-13 Blackout!

You can see the thing in all its glory wldown below:

Meanwhile, I'll enjoy that popcorn salted with the many tears of some users.
:POPCORN:

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby blackeyedprime » Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:56 pm

does he compare it to the Black Mamba Blackout or am I gonna have to wait for a real reviewer that buys their questionable goods from reputable retailers :P
blackeyedprime
City Commander

Postby EvasionModeBumblebee » Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:56 pm

Man, Blackout looks spectacular, the way the weapon can integrate into the main rotor is so cool! I think my only nitpick with it is the feet should be wider, but that's really it. Can't wait to get this figure, hopefully it goes up for preorder soon!

AKA CamaroBee
EvasionModeBumblebee
Godmaster

Postby -Kanrabat- » Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:37 pm

It's that simple."
blackeyedprime wrote:does he compare it to the Black Mamba Blackout or am I gonna have to wait for a real reviewer that buys their questionable goods from reputable retailers :P

So, you're questioning his "morality" while you're buying K.O?
Hmmmmmm...... Double standards much? :-$

What proof do you have that this MPM was not bought legitimately? Is it the lack of the second gun, no box, and especially the lack of preorders ANYWHERE? And no price? PvP is cleaner than a saint, I tell you! ;)

But seriously, let's consider this review as a "leak". At least it gives the clear idea that this Blackout blow the SS and oversized K.O out of the waters. (Yes, the comparison was done at least.)

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby blackeyedprime » Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:11 pm

-Kanrabat- wrote:
blackeyedprime wrote:does he compare it to the Black Mamba Blackout or am I gonna have to wait for a real reviewer that buys their questionable goods from reputable retailers :P

So, you're questioning his "morality" while you're buying K.O?
Hmmmmmm...... Double standards much? :-$

What proof do you have that this MPM was not bought legitimately? Is it the lack of the second gun, no box, and especially the lack of preorders ANYWHERE? And no price? PvP is cleaner than a saint, I tell you! ;)

But seriously, let's consider this review as a "leak". At least it gives the clear idea that this Blackout blow the SS and oversized K.O out of the waters. (Yes, the comparison was done at least.)

Good to know he (probably) had to buy his KO legitimately hahahhaha

Definitely interested in this MP I'd be interested to see him alongside Unique Toys Sworder (sandstorm) in vehicle mode too even if the robot styles dont mesh and that is a bit of a tabby pain to get to copter mode if I'm remembering right.
blackeyedprime
City Commander

In-Hand Images - Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-13 Blackout

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:53 pm

Thanks to our standard source of early images, PrimevsPrime, we have new in hand images of the upcoming Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-13 Blackout. Blackout is a brand new mold which captures the look of the very first Transformer ever seen in live action on the big screen, and transforms into his helicopter mode complete with Scorponok mini-figure. This figure also includes blast effects for his guns, as well as the detachable section of the rotor to finally give him a movie accurate weapon while maintaining his back rotors.

This figure should be available for preorder soon, presumably from Target.

Check out the images below, and let us know what you think in the comments section below.

D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby I_AM... MEGATRON! » Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:07 pm

Shouldn't he be FAR taller than Optimus or Megs? Guess he's not in scale then...
I_AM... MEGATRON!
Fuzor
News Credits: 2

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:45 pm

I_AM... MEGATRON! wrote:Shouldn't he be FAR taller than Optimus or Megs? Guess he's not in scale then...

Movie 1 Megatron was bigger than Blackout. Grindor in RotF was much bigger than them
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby -Kanrabat- » Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:48 pm

It's that simple."
I_AM... MEGATRON! wrote:Shouldn't he be FAR taller than Optimus or Megs? Guess he's not in scale then...

According to this chart, you're right. But even MPM Optimus is not in scale.

I think the best respect of scale so far is in the Studio Series.

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby Big Grim » Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:23 am

Weapon: Galaxial Rocket Launcher
Gods, he looks magnificent! Glad I held off on buying Grindor and Ravage now. This is far superior. The only movie Decepticon I really like the design of, this MPM shall replace the original Blackout toy I still have on my shelves. (One of two movie figures I still own.)

~ Grim
Big Grim
Headmaster
News Credits: 148

Postby DeathReviews » Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:52 am

Motto: "No matter where you go, always remember, I'm right behind you!

https://www.youtube.com/c/DeathReviews"
I won't take away from those who want to get this Blackout figure. But I'm not going to get one. I had the 2007 Blackout voyager figure, but wound up ditching it for several reasons. And all of those reasons seem to have carried over to every re-make of Blackout, whether it be Studio Series, Masterpiece, or other.

The figure is just too floppy and fiddly. It takes too much time and effort to transform it, making the transformation a frustrating chore. Neither mode seems to hold together very well. The robot mode is hampered with far too much kibble getting in the way - the rotors, the flaps, and all kinds of things which make the articulation joints pointless because you can't extend any of the limbs without parts crashing. And the thing just takes up too much space. The rotor blades extend out so far, you have to clear out half a shelf just for this one figure.

So, polite pass.
"No matter where you go or what you do, always remember, I'm right behind you!" - Death

Click - Like - Subscribe - Awesome!
DeathReviews
Brainmaster
News Credits: 30
Watch DeathReviews on YouTube
Strength: ???
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: ???
Endurance: Infinity
Skill: ???

Postby Cheesinator » Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:55 am

Motto: "Not the face! Not the face!"
Weapon: Energy Blades
DeathReviews wrote:I won't take away from those who want to get this Blackout figure. But I'm not going to get one. I had the 2007 Blackout voyager figure, but wound up ditching it for several reasons. And all of those reasons seem to have carried over to every re-make of Blackout, whether it be Studio Series, Masterpiece, or other.

The figure is just too floppy and fiddly. It takes too much time and effort to transform it, making the transformation a frustrating chore. Neither mode seems to hold together very well. The robot mode is hampered with far too much kibble getting in the way - the rotors, the flaps, and all kinds of things which make the articulation joints pointless because you can't extend any of the limbs without parts crashing. And the thing just takes up too much space. The rotor blades extend out so far, you have to clear out half a shelf just for this one figure.

So, polite pass.

Funnily, most of these are reasons I'm excited for this guy. Loooove these figures that really look and feel like complex, living machines (which, for all their faults, is an aesthetic the Bayverse movies absolutely nailed), with innumerable and overlaying parts, for whom transformation will be occasional but a full-on project. Plus that massive shelf presence is so cool.

Definitely agreed that this is more of a display piece than a toy though. Can't imagine recommending this to someone who's planning to play with it a lot.

"The notion that most TF fans are unfit and slow is a common misconception. Watch when a new figure is revealed that isn't based on a G1 design, and you'll see a sizeable detachment of them sprinting to their keyboards to type "easy pass" so quickly it'll make your head spin."
Cheesinator
Minibot
Alt Mode: Orbital laser
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Endurance: 2
Courage: 1
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 4

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K27 RHINOX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K27 RHINOX Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #9 Cover A IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 9A (CA) Miyao"
TRANSFORMERS #9 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIMAL + RATTRAP Transformers War Cybertron Trilogy Kingdom Netflix 2021"
OPTIMUS PRIMAL + R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S33 POWERTRAIN + HIGHJUMP Transformers Siege Micromasters Off-Road Patrol"
WFC-S33 POWERTRAIN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E38 MEGATRON Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Tomy ER-13 Takara New"
WFC-E38 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2023 New"
IRONHIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JUNKHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-14 Animated Movie Voyager 2022 New"
JUNKHEAP Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Studio Series 86-02 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
KUP Transformers S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K17 ARCEE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K17 ARCEE Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K35 TIGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K35 TIGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K26 TRACKS Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K26 TRACKS Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-03 CHEETOR + WASPINATOR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
BWVS-03 CHEETOR + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR Transformers Studio Series 86-03 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
BLURR Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FRENZY (RED) Transformers Studio Series 86 SS-115 Core Takara Tomy 2024 New"
NEW!
FRENZY (RED) Trans ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Twinferno and Daburu" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Buzzsaw Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Battle Core Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON