This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Wheelie Time!

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Wheelie Time!

Postby Grifter Prime » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:36 am

Weapon: Laser Rifle
Chris Ryall has updated his RyallTime blog with some colored artwork from the Spotlight Wheelie comic.

http://ryalltime.blogspot.com/2008/04/w ... rning.html
Grifter Prime
Fuzor
News Credits: 32
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Re: Wheelie Time!

Postby Tekka » Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:05 am

Motto: "I'm grade-A, 100% prime-cut final boss! I'm going to take over the world any day now!"
Weapon: Multi-Function Sword
Love that second image. Wheelie as Tom Hanks in Castaway.

Now all he needs is a little imaginary friend called Daniel.
Tekka
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 2

Postby Ipsofacto » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:50 am

it acctually looks pretty decent... should I feel dirty for looking forward to something about wheelie? :-?
Ipsofacto
Mini-Con

Postby Autobot Jazz » Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:35 pm

Looks like Wheelie's retuning to his tech spec bio roots.
My Feedback
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=37218
My Wants viewtopic.php?f=36&t=39782
Recent Acquirements:Animated Ratchet, Starscream, Voyager Megatron, Battle Begins 2-Pack
Autobot Jazz
Pretender
News Credits: 3

Postby 1337W422102 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:53 pm

Motto: "I come from the Net."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
I hope this is 'storybook badass Wheelie' as opposed to 'annoying motherslagger Wheelie.'
Ages 25 & Up, comics with ball joints of steel. Updated Mondays.
Classics Prime and Cybertron Armorhide are the Bad Mother Truckers
1337W422102
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 23
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 3
Courage: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Autobot Snake Eyes » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:10 pm

I'm probably the only person saying this, But this looks totally awesome.
Please check out my You Tube videos!
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=gojira12345678910
Please stay tuned for a upcoming stop motion I am making.

Max Payne was awesome! check it out!
Autobot Snake Eyes
Targetmaster

Postby neutralstate » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:53 pm

Satan's Camaro wrote:I'm probably the only person saying this, But this looks totally awesome.

i'll second that :P
neutralstate
Micromaster

Postby Primus C-00 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:16 am

Motto: "" [An] Aquarius wants to share enlightenment with other species through righteous hands-on interaction, and he's gotta do what his heart wants, even if the Man ain't copacetic with it.""
Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
Fersnizzle!

:grin:
He's got some pretty far-out powers to go along with them, too, including teleportation, the projection of trippy telepathic visions and illusions, and the ability to groove on the language of 98% of all known species. To uses his powers to the fullest, though, he's gotta be feelin' good vibrations; bad karma can seriously harsh his mellow, y'know?
Primus C-00
Headmaster Jr
Strength: 7
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 3
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 2

Postby Defcon! » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:19 am

Motto: ""No one escapes Defcon. No one.""
Weapon: Plasma Blaster
I never really minded Wheelie. I loved him as a kid and still like him although he's not my favorite. Love the stranded castaway feel and hope it's not like gilligans island. I think they can make Wheelie a really interesting cool character. :D
Defcon!
Godmaster
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby Venomous Prime » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:34 am

Motto: "You don't know peace until you've had suffering"
Weapon: Double Venom Lasers
2006?!?!
Venomous Prime
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6

Postby ShGarland_1383 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:34 am

Motto: "Be brief of speech and long on action."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Satan's Camaro wrote:I'm probably the only person saying this, But this looks totally awesome.

No...this looks awesome to me, too.
=P~

i_amtrunks wrote:Spotlight: Wheelie will be penned by Simon Furman, with Klaus Scherwinski on art and colouring duties. Look out for Spotlight: Wheelie in stores mid June 2006.

Oh, goodie...we get to bust a news crew person for a blatant typo, though I wouldn't have thought to go look if it weren't for Original Sin's post.

2006, though, i_amtrunks? That'd be 2 years ago, meaning it'd have been out for some time now.
#-o :APPLAUSE:

Don't mind me, though, i_amtrunks, I'm just calling you out on an honest mistake.
My vote for the HOF goes to my favorite Transformer, Kup, to the Headmasters (who still need new figures that aren't just the characters without their master components) and to seibertron.com for for being the ultimate TF resource.
ShGarland_1383
Headmaster
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 2
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 3
Skill: 3

Postby Rushie » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:18 am

Motto: "Eh, keep your little planet. I'll outlive it."
Weapon: Fusion-Powered Particle Blaster
It could be just me, but I absolutely love that goofy smile in the insert panel of the first page =D
Rushie
Pretender
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Courage: 4
Firepower: 6

Postby Ipsofacto » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:25 am

when's this hitting shelves anyways? It'll mean I have to plan a trip to the local comic book store on that day, everything IDW has put out has sold out before I pop by -.-
Ipsofacto
Mini-Con

Postby TheMuffin » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:39 am

Motto: "I still function!"
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
I can't imagine what you folks mean by the 2006 comment. It clearly says 2008....*whistles*ignoremyabilitytomodifynews*whistles*
TheMuffin
Faction Commander
News Credits: 38
Speed: 3
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Postby Seibertron » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:01 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
I have always loved Wheelie and I've never understood the fandom's obsession with hating the poor kid. All you have to do is watch Transformers Headmasters to see how awesome Wheelie can be. Even Daniel isn't that bad.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby AutobotJazz » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:48 pm

Motto: "I do it my way: with style."
Weapon: Electrostatic Discharger Rifle
This art reminds me of that one storybook. Can someone dig up at least the cover to that book? (can't remember the name of it.)
AutobotJazz
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 104
Watch AutobotJazz on YouTube

Postby High Command » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:10 pm

Motto: "The Original Disgruntled Brit"
Weapon: Shoulder Mounted Rocket Launcher
Seibertron wrote:I have always loved Wheelie and I've never understood the fandom's obsession with hating the poor kid. All you have to do is watch Transformers Headmasters to see how awesome Wheelie can be. Even Daniel isn't that bad.

Now that's just plain old fashioned crazy-talk right there.

The nice men in white coats will be along soon to take you for a little drive in their padded van. :P
Burn wrote:I'm never clicking any of your links ever again.

Burn wrote:High Command is an arsehat.
High Command
Headmaster
News Credits: 7

Postby Unicron Singularity » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:24 pm

Motto: "Greed Is Good"
Weapon: Triple Crusher Cannon
Interesting =)

This pretty much could perhaps change my view on Wheelie.
Should prove a few of those Wheelie-haters wrong.

Oh, and btw. Tekka, your sig is scary :P (it just makes me shiver, and scroll fast by it) ^^ (I mean no offense with that comment, it's meant humourously)
Unicron Singularity
Combiner
Strength: 5
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 6
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Postby Tekka » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:31 pm

Motto: "I'm grade-A, 100% prime-cut final boss! I'm going to take over the world any day now!"
Weapon: Multi-Function Sword
I'm sorry it scares you. =( Though I doubt any of my others will make you feel any better.

As for my feelings on Wheelie, he is not worth hating, but he has not done anything to make me like him either.
Tekka
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 2

Postby ShGarland_1383 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:25 pm

Motto: "Be brief of speech and long on action."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Iron-Man wrote:I can't imagine what you folks mean by the 2006 comment. It clearly says 2008....*whistles*ignoremyabilitytomodifynews*whistles*

You hadn't done it at the time I called him on it, and therefore it was fair game at the time.

Seibertron wrote:I have always loved Wheelie and I've never understood the fandom's obsession with hating the poor kid. All you have to do is watch Transformers Headmasters to see how awesome Wheelie can be. Even Daniel isn't that bad.

I don't really get it either. I personally like Wheelie. Of course, he had absolutely nothing to do with buying Collection 20. Got that because Kup's my favorite figure and I wanted a complete Targetmaster version of that one. The fact that Wheelie is a part of Collection 20, though: fringe benefit, IMO.
My vote for the HOF goes to my favorite Transformer, Kup, to the Headmasters (who still need new figures that aren't just the characters without their master components) and to seibertron.com for for being the ultimate TF resource.
ShGarland_1383
Headmaster
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 2
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 3
Skill: 3

Postby dragons » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:41 am

very colorfull who else are we going to see in this issue?

dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby Archanubis » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:07 am

Motto: "Don't take life too seriously or you'll never get out of it alive."
Weapon: Lightning Rifle
Iron-Man wrote:

I don't really get it either. I personally like Wheelie. Of course, he had absolutely nothing to do with buying Collection 20. Got that because Kup's my favorite figure and I wanted a complete Targetmaster version of that one. The fact that Wheelie is a part of Collection 20, though: fringe benefit, IMO.

I can understand one reason for the hated: the combination of a high-pitched, nails-on-a-chalkboard voice and constant rhyming would grate my nerves too. Never had the toy (completely missed G1) so I don't know anything about it. I did watch enough of the third season to note that he didn't really appear in that many episodes, and to be honest, his rhyming wasn't nearly as annoying as the singing troupe in "Carnage in C Minor."

My personal feelings on Wheelie are neutral; I don't hate the character, but I'm not a fan either. I will be picking this Spotlight up just to see what they do with him (and the appearance of Reflector).
Archanubis
City Commander

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #133 Cvr D 1:25 DC Comics 2023 JAN233267 133D (CA) Chew (W) Zdarsky"
BATMAN #133 Cvr D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #406 Facsimile DC Comics 2023 ptg 1023DC214 406 (CA) Mazzucchelli"
BATMAN #406 Facsim ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FLASH #796 Cvr B DC Comics 2023 FEB232830 796B (W) Adams (CA) Di Nicuolo"
FLASH #796 Cvr B D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #141 Cvr D 1:25 DC Comics 2024 1023DC051 141D (CA) Quah (W) Zdarsky"
BATMAN #141 Cvr D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FLASH #798 Cvr A DC Comics 2023 0323DC219 798A (W) Adams (CA) Clarke"
FLASH #798 Cvr A D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #135 Cvr I 1:25 DC Comics 2023 0323DC055 135I LGY #900 (CA) Bermejo"
BATMAN #135 Cvr I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ACTION COMICS #1056 Cvr A Superman DC Comics 2023 0423DC048 1056A (CA) Beach"
ACTION COMICS #105 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WORLDS FINEST #7 DC Comics 1999 (CA) Taylor (W) Kesel (A) Doherty 230915A"
WORLDS FINEST #7 D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #5 Cvr F 1:50 DC Comics 2023 0423DC047 5F (W) Williamson (CA) Cassaday"
SUPERMAN #5 Cvr F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Batman BRAVE AND BOLD #4 Cvr A DC Comics 2023 0623DC168 4A (CA) Di Meo"
Batman BRAVE AND B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #5 Cvr C DC Comics 2023 0423DC044 5C (W) Williamson (CA) Fornes"
SUPERMAN #5 Cvr C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Batman BRAVE AND BOLD #3 Cvr B -DC Comics 2023 0523DC174 3B (CA) Gerads"
Batman BRAVE AND B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #38 Facsimile DC Comics 2022 ptg 0922DC131 Robin (CA) Kane+More"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NEW TEEN TITANS #1 Facsimile Cvr C blank sketch DC Comics 2023 ptg 1023DC208 1C"
NEW TEEN TITANS #1 ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Cosmos" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON