This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

More Images of TF2 Megatron's Tank Mode

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

More Images of TF2 Megatron's Tank Mode

Postby Skowl » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:33 am

Hot on the heels of yesterday's leak of Megatron's tank mode from Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, we now have two new images of what appears to be design sheets for the vehicle mode of a Megatron toy. The sheets showcase wheels under the tank treads and where the tank's gun should rotate.

See the images below:

***Spoilers***

Skowl
City Commander
News Credits: 665

Re: More Images of TF2 Megatron's Tank Mode

Postby olokin » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:19 am

Interesting. . .
olokin
City Commander

Postby Railspike » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:56 am

hmm. That's... interesting. We'll see how this works out.
Railspike
Micromaster
News Credits: 2

Postby oldskooltf » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:11 am

Weapon: Missile Launcher
I'm mostly curious as to why his new alt. mode is still cybertronian instead of an earth mode.

One reason could be due to how they already had Brawl as a tank, but I'm more curious as to what the STORY/PLOT reason is.

Looks nice, though.
oldskooltf
Minibot
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 4
Endurance: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby JayDee » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:43 am

Cool... that seems to be a deluxe version (due to the size of the "performance wheels.") I wonder if there'll be a leader class version.
Check out my studio's new multimedia website:
Protoform Studio.
Now in english, too!
JayDee
Micromaster

Postby Autobot Firestorm » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:44 am

Weapon: High-Powered, Laser-Sighted, Photon Rifle
Is this Wheeljack's work? Who else could raise him from the dead?
War For Cybertron ID: Firestorm_Prime
Autobot Firestorm
Minibot
News Credits: 3
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby Auto Bot » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:01 am

First, alien crap spaceship.

Now, alien crap tank.

No more, Optimus Prime! Grant us mercy, i beg of you!

Better just put that in the garbage.
Auto Bot
God Of Transformers

Postby YoImLegend » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:33 am

We know Megatron can't stand our planet, why would he want to look like something we made?
EVERY BOND YOU BUY IS A BULLET IN THE BARREL OF YOUR BEST GUY'S GUN!
YoImLegend
Minibot

Postby TimPilot » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:57 am

Classic Unicron anyone ??

This looks like a pile of junk.
TimPilot
Micromaster

Postby St. Even » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:02 pm

My question is how does this one source continue to provide all of this secret information? It has been reported that some of the images he posted were removed at the request of Hasbro and Dreamworks. If this is true, how is he still able to “leak” pictures?

I don’t know . . . all of these pictures coming from the same person smells a little funny to me. I think this is all part of the planned misinformation campaign. I am not saying the images are fake, but I think the reason we are seeing them is planned.
St. Even
Minibot

Postby Archanubis » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:22 pm

Motto: "Don't take life too seriously or you'll never get out of it alive."
Weapon: Lightning Rifle
Looks like they made a movie version of Armada Megatron.
Archanubis
City Commander
News Credits: 3

Postby Predaprince » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:55 pm

Motto: ""Destruction is the fate of all sentient beings.""
Weapon: Sonic Rifle
Thunderscream wrote:Looks like they made a movie version of Armada Megatron.

I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking that.

Find it hard to believe I had to scroll down long enough to see someone else say it, though.
Predaprince
God Of Transformers
Strength: 9
Firepower: ???
Skill: Infinity

Postby Auto Bot » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:15 pm

There will be no fun in Transformers anymore if Cybertronians wants to transform into alien-whatever-crap-vehimode.
Auto Bot
God Of Transformers

Postby SpacerAM2 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:43 am

The more I see the more my expectations keep falling to the ground.
SpacerAM2
Pretender

Postby Dachande » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:16 am

Wow. Guess I'm in the minority of people who really like this design. The Cybertronian modes are more impressive and "alien" than yet another big tank ala Devistator/Brawl. Megatron is huge compared to the others, and an earth vehicle just wouldn't look as impressive or as frightening to humans as this design would.

The first thing I thought of when I saw it was the HK tanks from the Terminator movies.

Also, I agree about the Deluxe size theory. As for a Leader class version, it would only stand to reason that yes, a larger version would be made (maybe with working tracks?) since there are Voyagers of OP and Megs and a Deluxe of Brawl.
Dachande
Micromaster

Postby rpetras » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:28 am

Motto: "Know your enemy, then crush them."
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Predaprince wrote:
Thunderscream wrote:Looks like they made a movie version of Armada Megatron.

I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking that.

Find it hard to believe I had to scroll down long enough to see someone else say it, though.

I like Armada Megs, I can dig this.
For Sale:
Classics Magnus/Skywarp 2 pack MIB
Classics Devastator MIP
HA Sideswipe K-Mart exclusive color Loose

Currently looking for:
ROTF Target exclusive Sideswipe from the 2-pack
TFCC Punch/Counterpunch
Alternity Primes, silver & white versions
(opened is OK, to be used for customs)

PM If interested
rpetras
City Commander
News Credits: 1
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby Auto Bot » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:30 am

If he's gonna stay Cybertronian, why the need to reformat into tank mode? And what's the extent of his capability to keep on reformatting into other kind of Cybertronian modes?

The jet should be more powerful and agile than a tank on the ground. Should this be considered a "downgrade"?

It's really going to be senseless if this alien tank thing pushes thru.
Auto Bot
God Of Transformers

Postby Grendel » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:54 pm

meh, it's ok I guess
Grendel
Fuzor

Postby oldskooltf » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:29 pm

Weapon: Missile Launcher
MatchTheyIgnite wrote:We know Megatron can't stand our planet, why would he want to look like something we made?

I was just thinking along the premise of "robots in disguise".

We know Megatron in the first movie had no time nor reason to disguise himself with "local camoflauge" like the other deceps did. So, I'm just wondering what the story line reason will be in TF: ROTF for why Megs doesn't choose an earth mode to "disguise" himself (that is... if these pics are really what he's going to become.)

I agree with the others who said that they're thinking of Armada Megatron. If this tank design is legit and the spoiler of those autobots doing that thing together that the other thread mentions (trying to stay vague in case you avoided it), then it definitely appears that elements of Armada/Energon/Cybertron are making it into this movie.

If it's cool and looks good on camera and doesn't totally go against the TF universe, then I'm all for it. 8)

(Funny how in the Transformers Universe, Megatron's alt mode keeps changing, but yet Optimus Prime, Starscream, and others do not. I just find that interesting when I step back and think about it.)
oldskooltf
Minibot
Strength: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7

Postby Predaprince » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:08 pm

Motto: ""Destruction is the fate of all sentient beings.""
Weapon: Sonic Rifle
Perhaps, this design is an "earth mode". It is a possible plot design to have this be a Top Secret tank that the government is working on and Megatron scans it.
Predaprince
God Of Transformers
Firepower: ???
Skill: Infinity

Postby Auto Bot » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:39 pm

oldskooltf wrote:
MatchTheyIgnite wrote:We know Megatron can't stand our planet, why would he want to look like something we made?

I was just thinking along the premise of "robots in disguise".

We know Megatron in the first movie had no time nor reason to disguise himself with "local camoflauge" like the other deceps did. So, I'm just wondering what the story line reason will be in TF: ROTF for why Megs doesn't choose an earth mode to "disguise" himself (that is... if these pics are really what he's going to become.)

I agree with the others who said that they're thinking of Armada Megatron. If this tank design is legit and the spoiler of those autobots doing that thing together that the other thread mentions (trying to stay vague in case you avoided it), then it definitely appears that elements of Armada/Energon/Cybertron are making it into this movie.

If it's cool and looks good on camera and doesn't totally go against the TF universe, then I'm all for it. 8)

(Funny how in the Transformers Universe, Megatron's alt mode keeps changing, but yet Optimus Prime, Starscream, and others do not. I just find that interesting when I step back and think about it.)

I think they can't give Megatron a proper alt mode that really clicks. So he keeps on changing.

This problem started in G1, the gun mode.
Auto Bot
God Of Transformers

Postby NewFoundStarscreamLuv » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:50 pm

secret earth tank? that does not look like an Earth tank by any stretch of the imagination.

It is interesting to note megatrons changing form. Maybe its to give Prime and the autobots a "new enemy" dynmaic to fight, rather than having repetitive prime/megs fights. Personally I think the gun was the best form by far, and that theme should have been kept. I have many reasons for liking the gun form, but I wont go into them now.
NewFoundStarscreamLuv
Micromaster

Postby Auto Bot » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:16 am

Of all the Megatron's alt mode, this alien tank could be the worst of all.
Auto Bot
God Of Transformers

Postby Dachande » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:55 am

Such negativity over a possible design sketch.

Like I said before, I think it's a really great concept that I'm excited about much more than the possibility of a combiner or whatnot.

With other rumors around Megatron's return, the design could be explained like this:
-Scorpinok sacrifices his spark to revive Megatron.
-Scorpy is land based, and some of his design is transferred to Megs, hence the jagged tank mode.
-The engines on the back indicate the remnants of the jet mode, and allow fast travel, if not a slight flying ability.
-The general tank mode is a nod to G2 to satiate the crying fan-boys which Bay apparently wants to please.

Personally, I'm just happy there is a TF movie franchise at all. If the figs and designs don't perfectly match G1, I could care less. It's fun either way.
Dachande
Micromaster

Postby ArmoredSaint » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:28 pm

another crappy alien style vehicle...

I prefer a real earth tank mode for Megatron...

this will look like crap just like his alien spaceship mode in the first movie. :evil:
VENGENCE LIKE LIGHTNING!

ArmoredSaint
Mini-Con

Next

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Warrior Class ENERGON AXE ATTACK OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cyberverse 2018 New"
Warrior Class ENER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ASCENTOR Transformers Cybertron Mini-Con complete + instructions 2005 Hasbro"
ASCENTOR Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STREET SPEED MINI-CON TEAM Transformers Armada complete Hasbro 2002 231209A"
STREET SPEED MINI- ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LEOBREAKER Transformers Cybertron Voyager complete Cyber Key vg08 2005 231101A"
LEOBREAKER Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCATTORSHOT Transformers Cybertron Scout complete w/ Cyber Key s67k 2005 231102A"
SCATTORSHOT Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Keychain Flashlight Transformers Armada Hasbro 2004 230719A"
OPTIMUS PRIME Keyc ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOT SHOT Transformers Armada McDonald's Happy Meal Fast Food 2002 230719A"
HOT SHOT Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LANDMINE Transformers Cybertron deluxe complete + dr94 key Hasbro 2005 231102A"
LANDMINE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RED ALERT Transformers Cybertron Burger King Fast Food Premium 2005 190518"
RED ALERT Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS ARMADA #6 Dreamwave Comics 2002 (W) Furman (A) Lee"
TRANSFORMERS ARMAD ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOT SHOT Transformers Cybertron Legends of Cybertron complete 2005 230719A"
HOT SHOT Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "EVAC Transformers Cybertron Legends of Cybertron complete Hasbro 2005 230719A"
EVAC Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MM-10 DRIFT Transformers Armada Micron Legends X-Dimension Race Takara 2002"
MM-10 DRIFT Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OVERRIDE Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Voyager 2022 New 231203A"
OVERRIDE Transform ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Trailbreaker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Triggerhappy and Blowpipe" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Titans Return Soundwave and Soundblaster" on AMAZON