This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

HTS Selling AFA Graded Nemesis Primes

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

HTS Selling AFA Graded Nemesis Primes

Postby Down_Shift » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:58 pm

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
Hasbro Toy Shop has two very rare listings on it's Transformers Universe products page.

Hasbro currently has two AFA Graded Nemesis Prime figures for sale, but like every AFA figure, they come at a hefty price.

If you thought paying $50 on eBay for Nemesis Prime was high, think again. You could be paying the following if your "die hard" enough:

TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE Voyager Class: NEMESIS PRIME (AFA Graded 9.0)
Approx. Retail: $ 174.99

This collectible Transformers figure has received a grade of 9.0 based on the AFA Modern Grading Scale. As part of the standard AFA processing, this figure has received an individual label with barcode and has been sealed in a slightly UV-resistant hard acrylic case designed to preserve the figure’s condition for decades to come. The Action Figure Authority (AFA) is considered a worldwide standard when assessing the condition of collectible toys.

TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE Voyager Class: NEMESIS PRIME (AFA Graded 9.5)
Approx. Retail: $ 274.99

This collectible Transformers figure has received a grade of 9.5 based on the AFA Modern Grading Scale. As part of the standard AFA processing, this figure has received an individual label with barcode and has been sealed in a slightly UV-resistant hard acrylic case designed to preserve the figure’s condition for decades to come. The Action Figure Authority (AFA) is considered a worldwide standard when assessing the condition of collectible toys.

So what do you think? Do you think this exclusive figure is worth it to become even more exclusive for such a price tag?

Care to pick one or both of these figures up? Give it a go by clicking on there respective links below:

Nemesis Prime - AFA 9.0

Nemesis Prime - AFA 9.5

If you're hard pressed to make up your mind, why not check out the world famous Seibertron.com gallery of this dark brooding figure in the Transformers Universe Nemesis Prime image gallery

TFcon Third Party Host
www.tfcon.ca
www.cybertron.ca - Canadian Transformers News First!

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
Down_Shift
Faction Commander
News Credits: 335
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Re: HTS Selling AFA Graded Nemesis Primes

Postby Narc » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:09 pm

What a way to make money, Hasbro. If they handled and packaged our orders well we wouldn't have to spend on an AFA graded item from them. Honestly, I've yet to receive an item that hasn't been damaged from them. :MAD:
Narc
Combiner
News Credits: 7

Postby Barrelass » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:18 pm

Down_Shift wrote:Hasbro Toy Shop has two very rare listings on it's products page.
[/url]

Rare only because none of us that ordered a Nemesis prime beleive that it is possible to get a box that they didn't play soccer with in the warehouse. How many boxes do you think they had to get graded to find each 9.0 and 9.5?
Barrelass
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 5

Postby Firebird » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:28 pm

Weapon: Blinding Black Light Beam Gun
Is the AFA grade still valid after Hasbro Toy Shop ships it to you?

Because there is no way that case isn't going to be damaged during shipping.
Twitter - @FirebirdGT
:BOT: [AWC]
Firebird
Godmaster
News Credits: 4
Buy from Firebird on eBay

Postby Kibble » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:34 pm

Motto: "Life is like a triple-X choose your own adventure..."
Weapon: No Weapon
Barrelass wrote:Rare only because none of us that ordered a Nemesis prime beleive that it is possible to get a box that they didn't play soccer with in the warehouse. How many boxes do you think they had to get graded to find each 9.0 and 9.5?

Why do you think they played soccer with all the NPs?!? How could they charge 175 and 275 for this scam if they were shipping AFA worthy figs...
Kibble
City Commander
News Credits: 3

Postby robofreak » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:47 pm

My NP's box was perfect and I bought from HTS. I also got Skywarp and he came just fine as well.
Burn wrote:robofreak doesn't joke. He's all about the serious business of the internet.

ItIsHim wrote:My closet is filled to the brim with plastic children's toys. For myself
robofreak
Gestalt
News Credits: 12

Postby It Is Him » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:51 pm

Wait, did they sell already.
Come join us at THE PUPPY THREAD

BeastProwl wrote:What the **** is wrong with you?
It Is Him
City Commander
News Credits: 16

Postby TankedThomas » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:06 pm

Wow, nice scam, Hasbro, you stupidly retarded gorillas. Ok, who comes up with this stuff? There must be some loser that comes up with this rubbish.
TankedThomas
Micromaster
News Credits: 1
Watch TankedThomas on YouTube
Strength: 3
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 4
Endurance: 4
Courage: ???
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby Dr. Caelus » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:15 pm

That's funny. The one my wife got me for my birthday for $20 was in fine condition. Of course, her hiding it in the closet with a lamp stacked on top of it probably didn't do it any good, but it still looks fine to me.

Oh well, I'll probably throw away the box anyway. :P
Check out my books, Titanomachies and Divine Retribution, on my blog!
Dr. Caelus
Faction Commander
News Credits: 6

Postby TheMuffin » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:33 pm

Motto: "I still function!"
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
robofreak wrote:My NP's box was perfect and I bought from HTS. I also got Skywarp and he came just fine as well.

Same here. I ordered.... A few. And none of them are damaged. A couple of them are actually mint, one with barely a scuff on the window.

Don't blame Hasbro people. Blame the guys at your postal service who "don't get paid enough".
TheMuffin
Faction Commander
News Credits: 38
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Endurance: 7
Courage: 5
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Postby Solrac333 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:52 pm

I don't see the point of this. :?
Bah weep granah weep nini bon!
Solrac333
Gestalt
Watch Solrac333 on YouTube
Buy from Solrac333 on eBay
Strength: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby UltraPrimal » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:58 pm

Motto: "Vote for Beast Wars!"
Weapon: Sword
Sheesh! What is it with AFA grading? Do people really care? I could see AFA Grading things that will be kept MISB like a G1 Optimus Prime. But the newest Nemesis Prime? You might as well AFA grade a BotCon set, which is supposed to be opened and displayed. :roll:
UltraPrimal
Gestalt
News Credits: 32
Strength: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Megatron Wolf » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:00 am

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
They actually found one that wasnt halfway destroyed? Wow didnt think that was even possible. But the real question is if you buy it will it arrive in that condition? Out of all the orders i got from hasbro ive gotten 1 figure that was in near mint condition. I guess the 3 other figures in the box protected it. And the bad part was i was planing on opening that particular figure anyway so it didnt matter.
Current TF count: 2042

Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Speed: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7

Postby Barrelass » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:04 am

TheMuffin wrote:
Don't blame Hasbro people. Blame the guys at your postal service who "don't get paid enough".

I don't think the postal service packed them in a big box with only two of the airbags as padding so that the two NPs would slide all over the place. Sad thing is that Hasbro uses some pretty heavy duty cardboard boxes to ship them, and more often then not my orders have come out in great condition. But of course the one time I order an extra figure they decide to mangle both of the boxes.
Barrelass
Headmaster Jr

Postby SJ21 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:45 am

Motto: "You don't know because you can't see me. Then you are dead."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
I don't know, I don't think I would have the self-control to have a toy in a box. It seems like a waste to me to have a toy just sitting there.

Are these really that rare and collectable already to justify that price?
Check out my collection!

the-sj21-collection-t96905.php
SJ21
Godmaster
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: 10

Postby Solrac333 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:57 am

If the figure was die cast metal with rubber wheels, more articulation and only a few made, then it might be worth that price.
Bah weep granah weep nini bon!
Solrac333
Gestalt
Watch Solrac333 on YouTube
Buy from Solrac333 on eBay
Strength: 10+
Speed: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Zeds » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:24 pm

Motto: "I once lost a battle. So long ago I can barely remember it."
Weapon: Thermal Melters
I saw someone trying to sell these on eBay and he barely got $40 US for it. One should AFA vintage items or exceptionally exclusive ones limited to less than 100 pieces. Not items like this.
BWOP: "Die-cast construction...It's a lost art!"

Longs for the days of G1 where we only had to worry about Megatron, Soundwave and Laserbeak wanting to be Autobots, Swoop calling himself Tracks and Slingshot calling himself Slingslot!
Zeds
Gestalt
News Credits: 9
Buy from Zeds on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby Delicon » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:29 pm

Motto: "Seibertron.com: Other sites lack the meat!"
Weapon: Battle Blades
I've only had a few items from HTS and never had any problems, but I always buy to open anyway so if there was a small crease in the upper left corner of the back of the card or box, I wouldn't have noticed anyway.

It isn't just HTS that people complain about this way, people grumble the same way about Toysrus and all the other "huge" companies that process a lot of orders.

If you want insanely super mint packages, the best bet is still local dealers and hobby shops (if you have any in your area)
Proud Seibertronian since 2008
Delicon
Gestalt
News Credits: 273
Buy from Delicon on eBay
Strength: 5
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 2
Skill: 9

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:25 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Something doesn't sit well with me. A while ago I read a FAQ on Hasbro.com where they were asked for the value of an item and stated that it is company policy to not put value on vintage toys. So by selling these AFA graded items aren't they applying a value to them?
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10

Postby Sledge » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:23 am

chuckdawg1999 wrote:Something doesn't sit well with me. A while ago I read a FAQ on Hasbro.com where they were asked for the value of an item and stated that it is company policy to not put value on vintage toys. So by selling these AFA graded items aren't they applying a value to them?

The clue is in your question.
For anyone who hasn't seen Spotlight: Sledge (and why not?!), my gritty and dark fanfiction piece "Holiday" is posted here.
Sledge
Gestalt
Location: In front of a computer, facing the monitor. Why would you want to know that?

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:00 pm

Sledge wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Something doesn't sit well with me. A while ago I read a FAQ on Hasbro.com where they were asked for the value of an item and stated that it is company policy to not put value on vintage toys. So by selling these AFA graded items aren't they applying a value to them?

The clue is in your question.

Here's a thought, is a toy that is almost 6 months old vintage? Some sites make up toys a few waves old declaring them vintage so by that train of thought isn't Nemessis Prime considered vintage too? I wish I could remember where exactly Hasbro put that Q and A so I could quote from it exactly.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper

Postby Kibble » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:07 pm

Now they're selling AFA graded Alternators Rodimus figures...
I'd be interested in buying a non-AFA Rodimus from them.
Kibble
City Commander

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:25 pm

NotEnoughKibble wrote:Now they're selling AFA graded Alternators Rodimus figures...
I'd be interested in buying a non-AFA Rodimus from them.

Hmm, I wonder if they're just trying to clear out old stock that they can't sell.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper

Postby Kibble » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:53 pm

chuckdawg1999 wrote:Hmm, I wonder if they're just trying to clear out old stock that they can't sell.

I don't think so...these haven't been available on HTS for some time now. Like I said, I know I'd buy one from them for retail. I would bet they'd sell pretty damn quick if a limited supply was listed at $25 a pop... But why sell at $25 when you can AFA them and attempt to sell them for 150 or 225?
Kibble
City Commander

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #5 1st ptg Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Bright (W) Budiansky 230915Q"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE YEARBOOK #1 Marvel Comics 1985 (CA) Golden (W) Hama 220721A"
GI JOE YEARBOOK #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #29 Marvel Comics 1987 (W/CA) Budiansky 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #270 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 SEP190670 270B (CA)Sullivan"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #17 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010N"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #13 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231010E"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #34 Marvel Comics 1987 (W) Parkhouse (CA) Morgan 231010M"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #298 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 JUL221613 298B (CA)Sullivan"
NEW!
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #276 Cvr B IDW Comics 2020 276B (CA) Shearer 230607B"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE ORDER OF BATTLE #2 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 220721A"
GI JOE ORDER OF BA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #49 Marvel Comics 1989 (W) Budiansky (A/CA) Delbo 210422A"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #18 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 231222G"
NEW!
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #15 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926Q"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "THE TRANSFORMERS #44 Marvel Comics 1988 (W) Budiansky (CA) Springer 210422C"
THE TRANSFORMERS # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Blitzwing and Decepticon Hazard" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Perceptor and Convex" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 20 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON