This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers ROTF Leader Class Jetfire Released in US

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Transformers ROTF Leader Class Jetfire Released in US

Postby Nekoman » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:39 pm

Motto: "Think for yourself, and think hard."
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Seibertron.com member Robofreak has just let us know of his sighting of Jetfire from the Revenge of The Fallen toy line. A few other members in our sightings section have also reported finding the figure at retail. Scroll on down to see Robofreak's photo with his receipt as proof of his finding:

Be sure to report you're findings in our Sightings Section right here on Seibertron.com!
Nekoman
Gestalt
News Credits: 387
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: N/A
Firepower: 10
Skill: N/A

Re: Transformers ROTF Leader Class Jetfire Released in US

Postby ShGarland_1383 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:08 pm

Motto: "Be brief of speech and long on action."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Just saw this image where Robofreak first posted it in the AZ sightings thread. Good find!
My vote for the HOF goes to my favorite Transformer, Kup, to the Headmasters (who still need new figures that aren't just the characters without their master components) and to seibertron.com for for being the ultimate TF resource.
ShGarland_1383
Headmaster
News Credits: 3
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 2
Endurance: 5
Courage: 5
Firepower: 3
Skill: 3

Postby Zeds » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:25 pm

Motto: "I once lost a battle. So long ago I can barely remember it."
Weapon: Thermal Melters
One of the few figures that I am excited about picking up. Will keep him in jet mode. Frackin' awesome job!
BWOP: "Die-cast construction...It's a lost art!"

Longs for the days of G1 where we only had to worry about Megatron, Soundwave and Laserbeak wanting to be Autobots, Swoop calling himself Tracks and Slingshot calling himself Slingslot!
Zeds
Gestalt
News Credits: 9
Buy from Zeds on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby OmegaConvoy117 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:44 pm

i really cant wait to pick this guy up, i really cant wait to have my Power Prime in display
OmegaConvoy117
Mini-Con

Postby LiKwid » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:39 pm

Motto: "When In doubt..Invert polarities!!!!"
Weapon: V-Lock Rifle, V-Lock Cannon
Sweet.. I've been wanting to pick up this "Ole Chum" since I first saw him. I know you can order him on amazon as well, his release date/ship date is set for july 1 and he's 44.99 + shipping.. Powered up prime is almost complete!
Counterpunch wrote:FP sure does provide some F'd up head.

Sell me your Beast wars stuff!!!!
Transformers Earth wars-SiNxBruticus
LiKwid
Gestalt
News Credits: 8
Buy from LiKwid on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Onyx Primal » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:43 pm

Weapon: Saber Blade
Wasnt really interested in this guy at first but after seeing the movie he's a buy even tho he'll spend his time combined with my Prime. Tho, Itll be about another two weeks before i can pick him up(unless i can make good tips next week).
Onyx Primal
Mini-Con

Postby robofreak » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:29 pm

Jetfire is a cool figure. I actually prefer to display him next to Prime as they become an omega brick when they are combined. It's easier to display them separate and Jetfire has so many details on him that I'd rather not hide them in the combined form.

He's an great figure and is absolutely huge in jet mode.

I was a happy boy when I found him and I hope he gets wider distribution soon so all of you can get him.
Burn wrote:robofreak doesn't joke. He's all about the serious business of the internet.

ItIsHim wrote:My closet is filled to the brim with plastic children's toys. For myself
robofreak
Gestalt
News Credits: 12

Postby Savage » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:33 pm

Weapon: Diffraction Sword
I've been looking forward to this guy ever since I saw him at BotCon. That jet mode is HUGE and made of pure win. So robo, any hope of getting some more pics? Maybe in jet mode? ;;)
WANTED: Botcon 2007 Dreadwind | BotCon 2014 Scorponok & Devcon
Savage
Godmaster
News Credits: 97
Strength: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8

Postby First-Aid » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:25 am

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
Can't wait to gsee this fig locally...I'm SOOOOOO glad I finally managed to get a job so I'll have some funds to spend between him and Altermity Megsy... :-)
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Postby klarinettmeister » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:48 am

I need 2 of him like I did with Optimus. i really hope they release him here in Sweden. Does anyone know? Price? Is it the same as Optimus he will be like 98 US$ here in Sweden...
klarinettmeister
Mini-Con

Postby karellan » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:16 am

I loved the character in the movie, but I don't really want a leader-class version, since it's a little too big and expensive for my tastes. The only other versions I've seen are the tiny legends class one and I think maybe a "Fast Action Battler" or something. Aren't they going to make a deluxe or voyager class for people who want something in between?
karellan
Micromaster
News Credits: 1

Postby Diem » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:32 am

Great! Now to wait two or so months for his Japan release. (:|
Diem
City Commander
News Credits: 217

Postby Iron Prime » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:45 am

Weapon: Energo-Sword
klarinettmeister wrote:I need 2 of him like I did with Optimus. i really hope they release him here in Sweden. Does anyone know? Price? Is it the same as Optimus he will be like 98 US$ here in Sweden...

He is leader class too, so probably same price as OP.
*Formerly Snarlus Prime

sto_vo_kor_2000 wrote:You are honorable enough to join the house of STO :grin:

Let us pick up arms and join the battle :twisted:
Iron Prime
Brainmaster
Strength: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5

Postby Counterpunch » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:44 pm

Motto: "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
I got one today and he's kind of a let down. I dunno...there's nothing wrong with him he's just kind of...thick, like in the same way that 07 Movie Jazz wasn't exactly right.
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
News Credits: 125
Strength: 6
Speed: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4

Postby robofreak » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:18 pm

Counterpunch wrote:I got one today and he's kind of a let down. I dunno...there's nothing wrong with him he's just kind of...thick, like in the same way that 07 Movie Jazz wasn't exactly right.

The cane is what makes it for me. I just think it's cool to have a transformer that has a cane. It's silly and cool all at once.

Jazz needed to be more on the slim side. That was what kept him from being an awesome figure.

Jetfire's issue is in his size. He needed to be a Supreme class. He's grossly out of scale with Optimus and the combination really shows it. Hasbro managed to get the combination to be fairly accurate to the on-screen portrayal from the front, but that came at the price of his leg mobility. The combination in the movie didn't use all of Jetfire for the combination, but the toy did.

It probably would have worked better if they made Jetfire a Supreme class and only used a certain portion of him for the actual combination. Or they could have gone the Armada route and had Jetfire turn into power legs.

Overall all, he's still a fun figure.
Burn wrote:robofreak doesn't joke. He's all about the serious business of the internet.

ItIsHim wrote:My closet is filled to the brim with plastic children's toys. For myself
robofreak
Gestalt
News Credits: 12

Postby Rodimus Prime » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:17 am

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
The only reason I would buy him is to combine him with Prime, though pictures of combined mode doesn't look impressive. Is it better in reality?
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby Hip-Hoptimus Rime » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:59 pm

Motto: "Nobody has to look for trouble."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Got mine today at Target in Schaumburg, IL, Golf Rd. He's large and in cha-HARGE! Almost 18 inches long in jet mode. The kibble underneath isn't as bad as I thought it'd be, but there are a few parts used for the Optimus Prime combination that literally stick out like a sore thumb. Still an awesome fig.
-Yer pal, G
Hip-Hoptimus Rime
Gestalt
News Credits: 9

Postby Rodimus Prime » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:44 am

I just picked up Leader Prime at WalMart, and lo and behold, when I picked up Prime from the shelf, Jetfire was right behind him. However, i did not have enough money to get them both. If i got Jetfire I would combine him with Prime, and display them together. However, there were no instructions with Prime regarding the combination. I assume they're with Jetfire...? Also, could someone post some pics of them combined? The ones I saw so far aren't showing them off in impressive light, but the pictures aren't so good. I really want to get the combined version, but I gotta be sold really good to spend $50 more.

Leader Prime is Bad Ass, btw. I thought he'd be at least as big as MP OP, but he's a bit shorter...
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers

Postby LiKwid » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:41 am

Motto: "When In doubt..Invert polarities!!!!"
Weapon: V-Lock Rifle, V-Lock Cannon
I can see it now.. Fans Project jetfire combination kit for ROTF Leader Prime..
Counterpunch wrote:FP sure does provide some F'd up head.

Sell me your Beast wars stuff!!!!
Transformers Earth wars-SiNxBruticus
LiKwid
Gestalt
News Credits: 8
Buy from LiKwid on eBay
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10

Postby AlienQuiksilver » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:38 pm

Rodimus Prime wrote:The only reason I would buy him is to combine him with Prime, though pictures of combined mode doesn't look impressive. Is it better in reality?

This is a pretty good stance to have. Thinking like that, you won't be too disappointed after buying it. I kinda like the combined Prime/JF product, but there's not much going for the figure in the articulation dept. Still, I really like it. A partsformer would have probably been ideal here(think Omega Prime). It also would have jived with the movie. Maybe even a skip on the electronics for JF, and that could have helped get an ENTIRE leader class figure onto Prime's back a little more efficiently. I mean, **** ... sometimes the electronics gimmick can be sacrificed to save bulk/weight for combiners like this.

Hasbro probably thought ... "Oh noez, we must retain everything to justify the price point"! Geh, I really wouldn't have cared, tbh.

If the figures didn't combine ... Jetfire would not be worth a buy, imo. The only thing awesome about this figure is looking at him in jet mode, but from the top only. All of that undercarriage nonsense, is ... well ... nonsense.
- AQS
AlienQuiksilver
Gestalt Team Leader

Postby Rodimus Prime » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:35 am

robofreak wrote: The combination in the movie didn't use all of Jetfire for the combination, but the toy did.

All I need to know. I hate leftover parts.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers

My take on Leader Class Jetfire

Postby roverguy78 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:50 pm

I have been looking forward to leader Jetfire for quite a while. Now that the figure is out, and I managed to snag one, I'm kind of surprised by all the people complaining about "kibble". To me, it doesn't seem bad at all. The size of the figure really helps spread the kibble out. Take something like the 2007 deluxe starscream/thundercracker mold. The jet mode is relatively small, and the kibble really shows because of that.

Overall, I think Jetfire is one of the most impressive Transformers to come out in a long time!

BTW: To me, the jet mode looks more realistic minus the cannon. Gives the nose a much more streamlined look... Not to mention that the SR-71 is unarmed. ;)
roverguy78
Mini-Con

Postby infinitimagnus » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:38 pm

Motto: "One shot is all I need..."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
has jetfire been released in Central Florida yet?
infinitimagnus
Minibot
News Credits: 3
Speed: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 8

Postby Rodimus Prime » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:47 pm

Just check the Sightings list at the top of the page.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers

Postby ZenPrime » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:24 pm

Got mine today from Amazon.com, haven't opened him yet but noticed he has an Australian accent for some reason...
ZenPrime
Transmetal Warrior
News Credits: 23

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #46 Cvr D Image Comics 2022 JUL220268 46D (CA) Tedesco"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #10 Cvr F 1:10 Dynamite Comics 2022 10F (CA) Cohen 221219C"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #4 Cvr K Dynamite Comics 2021 4K 210914F (CA) Conner"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #8 Cvr C Dynamite Comics 2022 NOV210582 8C (CA) Celina"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "tINVINCIBLE RED SONJA #9 Cvr P Dynamite Comics 2022 MAR229174 9P (CA) Moritat"
tINVINCIBLE RED SO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #44 Cvr C Image Comics 2022 JUN220343 44C (CA) Rivera"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #61 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 FEB230268 61B (CA) Adlard + McCaig"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #75 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 0823IM323 75B (CA) Adlard + McCaig"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #13 Cvr C Image Comics 2021 FEB210100 13C (CA) Tedesco"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #10 Cvr B Dynamite Comics 2022 JAN220622 10B (CA) Linsner"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #86 Cvr C Image Comics 2024 0224IM327 86C (CA) Wu (W) Kirkman"
NEW!
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #84 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 0124IM331 84A (CA) Finch + McCaig"
NEW!
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "INVINCIBLE RED SONJA #10 Cvr H 1:20 Dynamite Comics 2022 JAN220628 10H"
INVINCIBLE RED SON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WALKING DEAD DLX #25 Cvr C Image Comics 2021 AUG210056 25C (CA) Adlard"
WALKING DEAD DLX # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Seaspray" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON