This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Quick Review: iGear Gold & Silver Faith Leaders

Do you love your new Hercules set? Can't get enough of FansProject's items? Upset that you bought a knock off when you thought you were getting an original? Use this forum to tell everyone your thoughts about unlicensed and knock off TF products.

Quick Review: iGear Gold & Silver Faith Leaders

Postby HighPrime » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:45 pm

Motto: "Wake up with the King!"
For the record, I have every MP figure released by Takara Tomy to date. This is my justification for picking up the KOs ;-)

Moving on...

PRICE
$260.00 for Silver Faith Leader + shipping
$300.00 for Gold Faith Leader + shipping

PACKAGING
Figures are shipped in a plain white box with a little gold or silver sticker indicating PP01 gold or silver exclusive. Annoyingly, the number of figure you purchased is markered right on the front. Fortunately, it can be removed (for the most part) with a little goo gone without ruining the finish of the package. My silver one is #10 of 50. Gold is #7 of 50. Inner clam shell packaging is the same as all PP-01x releases to date.

WHAT'S INCLUDED
Optimus Prime, of course, (or 'Faith leader, as it were...) Extra hands and extra 'Prime Gun are not included, but Megatron in gun mode, Anime OP head on mount, and Energon Axe, and instructions (random issue of previous PP releases) are still included.

WHAT ELSE IS INCLUDED
XL T-Shirt (Gold or Silver lining)
x2 Autobot Symbols (Gold or Silver lining)
x2 Stickers for Prime's Communicators on both arms (2 different ones depending on the version)
Numbered collector's Card in Gold of Silver.
VIP membership at iGear's online store granting you a lifetime 10% discount (not including exclusives)

FUTURE KNOCK-OFF PLANS?
While on the stickers, if these are any indication, additional KOs iGear will be working on are:

G1 Bumblebee
G1 Alpha Trion
G1 Wheeljack
G1 Ultra Magnus

QUALITY
I'm very surprised at the level of quality. I handled these figures with leather gloves as to prevent damaging the finish, however, not a single fleck of paint came off the entire time. At first, I handled them with extreme care. By mid-transformation, I was practically treating them like any other transformer (with care, but not so much that I'm afraid it would break). For the most part, joints are tight. The grill of the cab/chest when in robot mode has a tendancy to flop down. You can play around with it to get it to stay in place, though. I did not notice any scratching or rubbing of parts during transformation that woud damaged the finish.

The paint finish seems to be of varying application styles. Some of it as sort of an 'unsanded primer' texture. Other parts are mirror finish (i.e., windows). The design works for me. May be questionable to others expecting a mostly mirrored finish. Application of paint (moreso on the gold) is somewhat inconsistent, particularly around the edges of part housings. Other parts look 'burned.' Keep in mind these are KOs, though. I can't expect lucky draw finish on an item that is 1/4 cost of many lucky draws. In no way is that a defense, just an observeration. Even still, these aren't cheap. Rounding up comments on the finish, it's relatively thick. Previously tight tolerances are even moreso. Keep that in mind when transforming.

TRANSFORMATION RECOMMENDATIONS TO PREVENT CHIPPING
Take the head off. No one will see it anyway in cab mode and you'll save the ears from chipping.
When flipping the head plate over and into the chest, press up from underneath in the front and from on top in the rear. This will prevent stressing the plastic near the top front of the cab windows.
Use a vinyl card to flip up the tab that allows the fists to retreat into the arms.
Use a vinyl card to flip the matrix out of the chest.

Other then above, you should not experience any problems getting these guys into cab mode as long as some level of care is observed.

FINAL THOUGHTS
Dropping this kind of cash, especially for a KO, is not for everyone. There are a few of us crazy enough to do so, though. Overall, I'm satified with these 2. I'm a bit disappointed in some of the paint application, but not bitterly so. Between the gold (Lagoon Prime) and the silver (Heat Resistant Alloy Prime), the silver has the better finish and look. Plus, it's cheaper. However, if you have cash burning a hole in your pocket, go for both. Last check, there's 38/50 left of Silver and 37/50 left of Gold.

If you continue to frequent iGear, the 10% discount on future purchases will come in handy, too.
Attachments
Faith_GS_Swag_01.JPG
Faith_GS_Tip-off_01.JPG
Faith_GS_Accessories_01.JPG
Faith_GS_Cab_Rear_01.JPG
Faith_GS_Cab_Front_01.JPG
Faith_GS_Robot_Action_01.JPG
Faith_GS_Robot_Front_01.JPG
Last edited by HighPrime on Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
HighPrime
Targetmaster
News Credits: 10
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 4
Endurance: 4
Courage: 10
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: Quick Review: iGear Gold & Silver Faith Leaders

Postby Dead Metal » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:20 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Front paged and credited!
They do look damn good.

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby AutobotTrainer » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:22 pm

Motto: "Rule number two: Double Tap."
Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
My...eyes. Oh....the.....pain.
No thing that is created by humans is infallable.

Help! I need:
The chin piece for Animated Shockwave/Longarm (grey)
One pistol for TF:ROTF Brawn
AutobotTrainer
Minibot
News Credits: 1

Postby JRFitzpatrick7 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:38 pm

Motto: "It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Mine are being prepared to enter US customs in San Francisco, can't wait to get them!

A question I have regarding the premium status we share is, what counts as exclusive? I know my PP01c was discounted and I'm pretty sure igear is selling the entire PP line exclusively i'n' there store, so what does it all mean?
Seibertron wrote:

Seibertron.com is a Transformers fansite. It is not a fansite about 3rd party products. I do NOT care for 3rd party products. I am TIRED of seeing the stuff here on this site. That's all it comes down to.

JRFitzpatrick7
Headmaster Jr
Buy from JRFitzpatrick7 on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby HighPrime » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:02 pm

JRFitzpatrick7 wrote:Mine are being prepared to enter US customs in San Francisco, can't wait to get them!

A question I have regarding the premium status we share is, what counts as exclusive? I know my PP01c was discounted and I'm pretty sure igear is selling the entire PP line exclusively i'n' there store, so what does it all mean?

Log into your iGear account. Then check out the store. You'll notice everything but 'super-duper' exclusives (ie;, the gold/silver PP figures) and lunchtime specials are marked in red and discounted by 10%.
HighPrime
Targetmaster

Postby HighPrime » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:03 pm

Dead Metal wrote:Front paged and credited!
They do look damn good.

Thank you, sir :D
HighPrime
Targetmaster

Postby Abraxsis » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:06 pm

Wow...for that price I could buy a PS3. Nice...but no Thanks.
Abraxsis
Minibot

Postby nikeprime » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:21 pm

Motto: ""Give me your face""
Weapon: Spinning Augers
I would never pay that much for a KO..sorry...$60 at most.
"Give me your face"
nikeprime
Micromaster
Strength: 6
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 10
Endurance: 5
Courage: 8
Skill: 9

Postby HighPrime » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:27 pm

nikeprime wrote:I would never pay that much for a KO..sorry...$60 at most.

That's the price the KO Lucky Draw (KOLD) sold for (KO of Classics Prime).
HighPrime
Targetmaster

Postby Botswanky » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:32 pm

Can't wait! Golden Lagoon Prime, finally one I can afford. :BOT:
Botswanky
Mini-Con
Buy from Botswanky on eBay

Postby LiKwid » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:42 pm

Motto: "When In doubt..Invert polarities!!!!"
Weapon: V-Lock Rifle, V-Lock Cannon
Dropping this kind of cash, especially for a KO

So iGear is considered a Ko company now? Not a 3rd party? or is it 1 in the same?
Counterpunch wrote:FP sure does provide some F'd up head.

Sell me your Beast wars stuff!!!!
Transformers Earth wars-SiNxBruticus
LiKwid
Gestalt
News Credits: 8
Buy from LiKwid on eBay
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Postby HighPrime » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:46 pm

LiKwid wrote:
Dropping this kind of cash, especially for a KO

So iGear is considered a Ko company now? Not a 3rd party? or is it 1 in the same?

Probably a little of both. They've been heavy on KOs as of late, though.
HighPrime
Targetmaster

Postby Botswanky » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:00 pm

To call these a KO item, I feel is a little unfair. If they were of the same scale as the Takara MP Prime, I'd agree to the KO tag they seem to attract, but they're not. :BOT:
Botswanky
Mini-Con

Postby HighPrime » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:17 pm

Optimus Rigas wrote:To call these a KO item, I feel is a little unfair. If they were of the same scale as the Takara MP Prime, I'd agree to the KO tag they seem to attract, but they're not. :BOT:

Making product a different scale does not shield the maker from copyright. There's a number of violations, besides. These include the transformation, the Autobot/Decepticon insignias, and the Optimus Prime likeness which are all IP of Hasbro/TT.
HighPrime
Targetmaster

Postby Botswanky » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:26 pm

Yes of course, I understand the potential legal problem there. I'm referring to the technical aspects of actually downsizing a figure, of which they did a great job. :BOT:
Botswanky
Mini-Con

Postby HighPrime » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:46 pm

Optimus Rigas wrote:Yes of course, I understand the potential legal problem there. I'm referring to the technical aspects of actually downsizing a figure, of which they did a great job. :BOT:

That's true. They did do a good job. I grant you that the term KO has a negative association with inferior product. Rightly so, for the most part.
HighPrime
Targetmaster

Postby Botswanky » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:58 pm

HighPrime wrote:
Optimus Rigas wrote:Yes of course, I understand the potential legal problem there. I'm referring to the technical aspects of actually downsizing a figure, of which they did a great job. :BOT:

That's true. They did do a good job. I grant you that the term KO has a negative association with inferior product. Rightly so, for the most part.

Yes, agreed. :BOT:
Botswanky
Mini-Con

Postby JRFitzpatrick7 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:25 am

Motto: "It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
IGear has produced an incredible product with the PP01 series. I won't say it's not a KO, but I feel the term is a bit harsh. It has been said before on this board and I'll say it again in this thread: These are not your average dollar store KOs. 

The joints are tight. The parts were scaled down perfectly. Everything is there. Compared to my 20th anniversary MP OP from toys'r'us (from eBay), the colors were miles ahead. What about poseability? It's fantastic! Not weighed down by a heap of metal, PP01 can hold any pose you are able to put him in!! Scale? He fits perfectly with my classics / universe 2.0 / generations collection!

I own 1 each of mp01 prime (Has and Tak) and 2 each of all the other Takara MPs, including ...King Grimlock. I have the Hasbro Seekers to date and will get TC when available as well as Grimlock. I will be getting the PP03 series. If Has/Tak chooses to release the 2nd string Seekers, I will get 2 of each as usual. To say Has/tak has lost money from me is incorrect. With no plans of making a mini MP Prime, igear stepped up and filled a niche for a very small group of people. 

I love my Mini MP Primes. 

Igear has excellent quality control, they postponed the release of their figures because of flaws and provided detailed reasons why. Their post sales customer service is incredible, in my experience, on par with BBTS. this company should not be labeled a KO company and just leave it at that, they produce high quality products for the fans who want them. In my opinion the price of the PP01 figure compared to MP01is fine, I feel PP01 is better product. MP01 has a great design, PP01 allows you to play with it.

/end rant
/step down from soap box
Seibertron wrote:

Seibertron.com is a Transformers fansite. It is not a fansite about 3rd party products. I do NOT care for 3rd party products. I am TIRED of seeing the stuff here on this site. That's all it comes down to.

JRFitzpatrick7
Headmaster Jr
Buy from JRFitzpatrick7 on eBay
Courage: 7
Skill: 7

Postby Botswanky » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:58 am

JRFitzpatrick7 wrote:IGear has produced an incredible product with the PP01 series. I won't say it's not a KO, but I feel the term is a bit harsh. It has been said before on this board and I'll say it again in this thread: These are not your average dollar store KOs. 

The joints are tight. The parts were scaled down perfectly. Everything is there. Compared to my 20th anniversary MP OP from toys'r'us (from eBay), the colors were miles ahead. What about poseability? It's fantastic! Not weighed down by a heap of metal, PP01 can hold any pose you are able to put him in!! Scale? He fits perfectly with my classics / universe 2.0 / generations collection!

I own 1 each of mp01 prime (Has and Tak) and 2 each of all the other Takara MPs, including ...King Grimlock. I have the Hasbro Seekers to date and will get TC when available as well as Grimlock. I will be getting the PP03 series. If Has/Tak chooses to release the 2nd string Seekers, I will get 2 of each as usual. To say Has/tak has lost money from me is incorrect. With no plans of making a mini MP Prime, igear stepped up and filled a niche for a very small group of people. 

I love my Mini MP Primes. 

Igear has excellent quality control, they postponed the release of their figures because of flaws and provided detailed reasons why. Their post sales customer service is incredible, in my experience, on par with BBTS. this company should not be labeled a KO company and just leave it at that, they produce high quality products for the fans who want them. In my opinion the price of the PP01 figure compared to MP01is fine, I feel PP01 is better product. MP01 has a great design, PP01 allows you to play with it.

/end rant
/step down from soap box

My experience with iGear has been much the same.
Botswanky
Mini-Con

Postby Convotron » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:30 am

Motto: "When in doubt, transform and roll out!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
JRFitzpatrick7 wrote:IGear has produced an incredible product with the PP01 series. I won't say it's not a KO, but I feel the term is a bit harsh. It has been said before on this board and I'll say it again in this thread: These are not your average dollar store KOs.

It seems like most people on the forum have been using the term "KO" simply to mean a copy of something and not necessarily refer to the quality of the product. If people refer to poor quality, they often type "cheap KO" or something to that effect.
Toys for sale, S.H. Figuarts, Revoltech, Robot Damashii, Figma, and more!

Discounts for purchases of 3 items or more! See sales thread for details.

Never forget the Oath Sworn Through Courage!
Convotron
City Commander
News Credits: 2
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:29 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Convotron wrote:

It seems like most people on the forum have been using the term "KO" simply to mean a copy of something and not necessarily refer to the quality of the product. If people refer to poor quality, they often type "cheap KO" or something to that effect.

The term is accurate though, as it's not a bootleg, as in a perfect copy of the original. It's just scaled down. That doesn't make it more legal though.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby Convotron » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:46 am

Motto: "When in doubt, transform and roll out!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:The term is accurate though, as it's not a bootleg, as in a perfect copy of the original. It's just scaled down. That doesn't make it more legal though.

Agreed. I'm simply saying that referring to Faith Leader as a KO isn't necessarily harsh as people here often use "KO" broadly to mean a copy.
Toys for sale, S.H. Figuarts, Revoltech, Robot Damashii, Figma, and more!

Discounts for purchases of 3 items or more! See sales thread for details.

Never forget the Oath Sworn Through Courage!
Convotron
City Commander
News Credits: 2
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9

Postby HighPrime » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:05 pm

Convotron wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:The term is accurate though, as it's not a bootleg, as in a perfect copy of the original. It's just scaled down. That doesn't make it more legal though.

Agreed. I'm simply saying that referring to Faith Leader as a KO isn't necessarily harsh as people here often use "KO" broadly to mean a copy.

I'm with you guys on both points :)
HighPrime
Targetmaster

Return to Unlicensed and KO Transformers Toys

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SAVAGE DRAGON #254 Image Comics 2020 SEP200222 (W) Larsen (A/CA) Larsen"
SAVAGE DRAGON #254 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #22 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 MAY230223 22A (CA) Williams"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #340 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 JAN230272 340A (W) McConville (CA) Spears"
SPAWN #340 Cvr A I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #1 Cvr E Image Comics 2021 JUL219300 1E (CA) Kirkman"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #343 Cvr C virgin Image Comics 2023 APR230292 343C (CA) Kibar"
SPAWN #343 Cvr C v ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #15 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 DEC220296 15A (CA) Bianchi (W) Lewis"
SCORCHED #15 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Spawn UNWANTED VIOLENCE #1 Cvr B virgin Image Comics 2023 NOV220030 1B Del Mundo"
Spawn UNWANTED VIO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #334 Cvr B Image Comics 2022 JUL220245 334B (W) McConville (CA) Barberi"
SPAWN #334 Cvr B I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #344 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 MAY230282 344B (W) McConville (CA) Toledano"
SPAWN #344 Cvr B I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCORCHED #22 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 0723IM378 22B (CA) Ngu (W) Lewis (A)Segovia"
SCORCHED #22 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SPAWN #344 Cvr C Image Comics 2023 MAY230283 344C (W) McConville (CA) Williams"
SPAWN #344 Cvr C I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING SPAWN #23 Cvr C virgin Image Comics 2023 APR230256 23C (CA) Tomaselli"
KING SPAWN #23 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #25 Cvr A Image Comics 2023 0823IM381 25A (CA) Panosian"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GUNSLINGER SPAWN #27 Cvr B Image Comics 2023 1023IM324 27B (CA) Vargas"
GUNSLINGER SPAWN # ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Blades Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Leader Dragonstorm Combiner" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Decepticon Rumble(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Fangry Action Figure" on AMAZON