This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Some pics and video from Chicago 7/31/10

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Some pics and video from Chicago 7/31/10

Postby hausjam » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:49 pm

I happened to be staying downtown this weekend. As luck would have it, priceline put us at the Wit on State and Lake. TF3 closed off Wacker between State and Wabash, and Wabash between Wacker and Lake. So we were literally right next door to filming all weekend. It was difficult to get good pictures because security kept forcing everyone to keep moving and telling everyone to take pictures while you are walking. It was rather exciting though, considering I had not even planned on visiting the set while I was downtown.

Tyrese and Josh Duhamel crouching for cover during an action sequence:
101.jpg

Another shot of Josh during an action shot:
102.jpg

Shia Lebouf between takes:
103.jpg

Shia and Patrick Dempsey with the NEST guys:
104.jpg

105.jpg

106.jpg

Tyrese was done for the day, so he came across to say hi to the crowd:
107.jpg

He hopped in the car and gave a "hoo-yah" to the crowd as he was driving away:
107-2.jpg

This is the Unitrin building on the corner of Wacker and State:
108.jpg

You can see the letters here scattered on the ground among the debris.
It stands to reason that some Decepticon will take out the top of this building and make the letters come crashing down.
109.jpg
hausjam
Minibot

Re: Some pics and video from Chicago 7/31/10

Postby hausjam » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:50 pm

This is an ornamental spire on top of the building on the corner of Wacker and Wabash:
110.jpg

And notice it matches this debris laying on Wabash. This is the prop debris Patrick Dempsey was photographed on top of a few weeks ago during filming:
111.jpg

Michael Bay just before an action sequence:
112.jpg

He kept pacing, contemplating something:
113.jpg

Then he grabbed a camera, and started filming the take himself. He really is a "hands-on" director:
114.jpg

115.jpg

116.jpg

This is the action sequence that followed. They roll camera around 1:05. It's over a minute straight of gunfire. If you watch closely, you can see Bay walking across the bridge with his handheld camera. He followed the Pursuit camera car that raced across the bridge just ahead of him.

Now, judging by the above description, the above photos of Lennox, Epps, the NEST guys crouching behind the bridge and then popping up and firing (which I was not able to get a picture of), and then the fact that the NEST guys were shooting up in the air (and an earlier youtube video I saw showing Bumblebee racing through debris on Wacker right next to this scene) I am thinking Bumblebee races across the bridge with a Decepticon in pursuit and the NEST guys pop up and ambush it. This is simply my conjecture though.

I cannot wait to see the movie, because I am a lifelong tranformers fanatic, but also to see the set on the big screen after seeing it in person, and to see if my conjecture of this particular scene is correct!
hausjam
Minibot

Postby hausjam » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:13 pm

One other thing I wanted to point out. It was funny how many people were walking around the edges of the set, who had no idea what was going on, or what was being filmed. My wife kept asking me questions, and when I answered, people around us would stop what they were talking about and listen as I was explaining to her. Then random people would ask me things, like who is that guy, and what is that guy doing? As if I had the answers. For once in my life, being a geek, in some minuscule way, made me important :D
hausjam
Minibot

Postby marshall dusty » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:58 pm

hausjam wrote:One other thing I wanted to point out. It was funny how many people were walking around the edges of the set, who had no idea what was going on, or what was being filmed. My wife kept asking me questions, and when I answered, people around us would stop what they were talking about and listen as I was explaining to her. Then random people would ask me things, like who is that guy, and what is that guy doing? As if I had the answers. For once in my life, being a geek, in some minuscule way, made me important :D

you damn geek!!! hahaha. jk dude
awesome pics my friend. can't wait for this. especially fo the fact that it's chicago where i live, it'll be destroyed.
marshall dusty
Mini-Con

Pictures and Video from July 31st Transformers 3 Filming

Postby Nekoman » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:23 pm

Motto: "Think for yourself, and think hard."
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
Thanks for all the stuff Hausjam!
Nekoman
Gestalt
News Credits: 387
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: N/A
Firepower: 10
Skill: N/A

Postby sabrigami » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:14 pm

Weapon: Semi-Automatic Rifle
Sweet pics :D I'm getting more excited about this movie by the day now. Weird how that Unitrin sign is spelled very close to Unicron... :P
sabrigami
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 2
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby soundwave#1!!!500% » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:52 am

Motto: ".All who fight beside me shall live another day, but ones who dont shall die."
Weapon: Gyro-Blaster Rifle
:CON: nice!!! :CON:
soundwave#1!!!500%
Micromaster
Buy from soundwave#1!!!500% on eBay
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 7

Postby hausjam » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:39 am

It's definitely going to be really cool to see this action scene, being it is right on the Wacker curve near Michigan. I didn't really want to visit the set because I knew it was going to get me all fired up for this movie. Now I can't wait. I have to blame my wife for that.

-Jimmy
hausjam
Minibot

Postby hausjam » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:55 am

marshall dusty wrote:you damn geek!!! hahaha. jk dude
awesome pics my friend. can't wait for this. especially fo the fact that it's chicago where i live, it'll be destroyed.

Actually, I really am a geek :grin: This is my car. I regret not having driven downtown, because now I wonder if it could have gotten me onto the set #-o

hausjam
Minibot

Postby GEEWUN » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:41 am

Motto: ""I'm not Psychotic... just Crazy!!!""
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
"Uhhh Mister Bay van I have my camera back now... Please?" :-B
GEEWUN
Pretender
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Scarynic » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:45 pm

hausjam wrote:
marshall dusty wrote:you damn geek!!! hahaha. jk dude

Actually, I really am a geek :grin: This is my car. I regret not having driven downtown, because now I wonder if it could have gotten me onto the set #-o

Dude, that is awesome! When I saw ROTF at the cinema at the midnight first day showing (STaines,U.K.) there was a g1 Jazz parked right outside. I can't drive but I was really tempted to steal that car...
Scarynic
Mini-Con
Buy from Scarynic on eBay

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #5 Cvr E Dynamite Comics Disney FEB230516 5E (CA) Lee"
GARGOYLES #5 Cvr E ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #11 Cvr I 1:10 Dynamite Comics 2024 AUG230324 11I Fleecs + Forstner"
GARGOYLES #11 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #1 Cvr K Deluxe Boom Studios Comics OCT220279 1K (CA)Williams II"
MMPR TMNT II #1 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #9 Cvr C Dynamite Comics 2023 Disney JUN230681 9C (CA) Leirix"
GARGOYLES #9 Cvr C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #113 Cvr A Boom Studios Comics 2023 AUG230023 113A"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #139 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 FEB231503 139A Ninja Turtles Ongoing (CA) Pe"
TMNT #139 Cvr A ID ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #12 Cvr C Dynamite Comics 2024 Disney SEP230259 12C (CA) Leirix"
NEW!
GARGOYLES #12 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT VS STREET FIGHTER #2 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 APR231625 2A (A/CA) Medel"
TMNT VS STREET FIG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT ARMAGEDDON GAME #4 Cvr B IDW Comics 2023 OCT221751 4B (CA) Smith"
TMNT ARMAGEDDON GA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #5 Cvr L 1:30 Dynamite Comics FEB230523 5L (CA) Fleecs + Forstner"
GARGOYLES #5 Cvr L ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #115 Cvr E 1:25 Boom Studios Comics OCT230078 115E"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT #142 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 MAY231413 142A Ninja Turtles Ongoing (CA) Smith"
TMNT #142 Cvr A ID ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR #116 Cvr F 1:25 Boom Studios Comics NOV230038 116F Power Rangers 240123A"
MMPR #116 Cvr F 1: ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "USAGI YOJIMBO #30 IDW Comics 2022 JUN221681 (W/A/CA) Sakai"
USAGI YOJIMBO #30 ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Skrapnel" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Crashbash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Skywarp Figure" on AMAZON