This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

CrazyDevy King's Power Parts Add-On Wings Review (QC Issues)

Do you love your new Hercules set? Can't get enough of FansProject's items? Upset that you bought a knock off when you thought you were getting an original? Use this forum to tell everyone your thoughts about unlicensed and knock off TF products.

CrazyDevy King's Power Parts Add-On Wings Review (QC Issues)

Postby DavidT » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:21 pm

Motto: ""Fate Rarely Calls Upon Us At A Moment Of Our Choosing""
Here's a video review by youtube user optibotimus of the new add-on wings for the G1 Transformers Predaking figure. (The new wings appear to damage Divebomb's wings) CrazyDevy is aware of the problem and is attempting to remedy the issue...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xezr5fhvuQs

*SIDE NOTE* BigBadToyStore.com has raised the price of this add-on by $11 from $48.99 to $59.99

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

CHECK OUT MY EBAY AUCTIONS Aug. 7 - Aug. 12, 2012: Davidalan26
http://myworld.ebay.com/davidalan26

Check Out My Collection- Updated Sept. 15, 2011: http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=18265

DavidT
Brainmaster
News Credits: 88
Buy from DavidT on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Re: CrazyDevy King's Power Parts Add-On Wings Review (QC Issues)

Postby optibotimus » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:17 pm

Thanks for posting this. One thing i'm not sure about is the BBTS price. I wasn't aware of a price increase. TFsource has it at 59.99. So was that always the price or is it confirmed that BBTS increased it by 11 bucks? I saw on the site

"NOTE - It has just been announced that this add-on set will be 14K gold plated, not only incresing the value but allowing them to work well with the upcoming shiny Predaking reissue set. "

That's utter crap if you ask me. They're not 14k gold plated...it's gold chrome
check out my video reviews @ http://www.youtube.com/optibotimus
optibotimus
Combiner
News Credits: 44

Postby Bumblevivisector » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:24 pm

Did you say it just damages the decals, because that looks like mutilated plastic on Divebomb to me.

I haven't been buying these G1 upgrades to begin with, but that's because they're on the back burner for me until my finances improve. This is the first one that I can honestly say I have no interest in, even if they claim to work out a fix. Not if it ruins a toy I'd have to pay triple-digits to replace. For that matter, this upgrade should have been a whole new wing assembly that attaches more securely to Razorclaw, and possibly Divebomb, to replace the original wobbly one. Maybe some other 3rd party company can take a crack at new King-Wings if this crashes and burns.

Am I the only one who's much more excited about those twin shoulder cannons in the silhouette? That's a feature of Predaking's animation model totally absent from the toy, and therefore much more worthwhile IMHO. Some articulated hands and a bigger sword to go in them would rock too. I WANT to believe...
Bumblevivisector
Godmaster
News Credits: 1
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 6

Postby HighPrime » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:38 pm

Motto: "Wake up with the King!"
optibotimus wrote:Thanks for posting this. One thing i'm not sure about is the BBTS price. I wasn't aware of a price increase. TFsource has it at 59.99. So was that always the price or is it confirmed that BBTS increased it by 11 bucks? I saw on the site

"NOTE - It has just been announced that this add-on set will be 14K gold plated, not only incresing the value but allowing them to work well with the upcoming shiny Predaking reissue set. "

The original BBTS price was $48.99. I currently have one sitting in my preorder pile at the original $48.99 price point. It is not uncommon for BBTS or TFsource (or any retailer, for that matter) to increase prices of items just before release. Some examples include Buster Prime, Argent Silver Jazz, and all 4 of of the Black Robotmasters (BBTS even went as far as to increase the price on the buyers that already pre-ordered as the costs were sorely underestimated.) Either the product costs were more than expected or the anticipation is through the roof in most cases. Just the same, sometimes they lower the price, too (Example: BBTS on Masterpiece Grimlock). In any event, that note has been there since a week or so after preorders opened.
HighPrime
Targetmaster
News Credits: 10
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 4
Endurance: 4
Courage: 10
Firepower: 5

Postby MGrotusque » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:00 pm

I REALLY like these wings!
I just so happen to have a damaged pair of wings for this but to even have to have a second pair of damaged ones to make these work is ridiculous.
On top of having to pay an outrageous price for the Crazydevy product. You now need to buy more wings!?! that's a major deal breaker for me.
I hope this review might take CrazyDevy down a notch. I feel these guys are really taking advantage of the fans by pricing their product so high.
I really like what they're making but am not going to purchase anything from them. Not gonna fuel the "gouge my wallet" machine that these guys are.
MGrotusque
Gestalt
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Zeds » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:35 pm

Motto: "I once lost a battle. So long ago I can barely remember it."
Weapon: Thermal Melters
I guess he can see the potential. He said it enough!
BWOP: "Die-cast construction...It's a lost art!"

Longs for the days of G1 where we only had to worry about Megatron, Soundwave and Laserbeak wanting to be Autobots, Swoop calling himself Tracks and Slingshot calling himself Slingslot!
Zeds
Gestalt
News Credits: 9
Buy from Zeds on eBay
Strength: 6
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Postby optibotimus » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:41 pm

The decals and the plastic took damage.

Bumblevivisector wrote:Did you say it just damages the decals, because that looks like mutilated plastic on Divebomb to me.

I haven't been buying these G1 upgrades to begin with, but that's because they're on the back burner for me until my finances improve. This is the first one that I can honestly say I have no interest in, even if they claim to work out a fix. Not if it ruins a toy I'd have to pay triple-digits to replace. For that matter, this upgrade should have been a whole new wing assembly that attaches more securely to Razorclaw, and possibly Divebomb, to replace the original wobbly one. Maybe some other 3rd party company can take a crack at new King-Wings if this crashes and burns.

Am I the only one who's much more excited about those twin shoulder cannons in the silhouette? That's a feature of Predaking's animation model totally absent from the toy, and therefore much more worthwhile IMHO. Some articulated hands and a bigger sword to go in them would rock too. I WANT to believe...
optibotimus
Combiner

Postby optibotimus » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:44 pm

Apparently several people have gotten emails from them regarding this issue. I, to date, still haven't. Which strikes me as odd since i've sent them the pictures and the video...and they know i'm the one that had the damage. Regardless though, you are right, i have to replace my original Divebomb. Luckily, good friends of mine who felt bad for me, without my knowledge took up a fund raiser of sorts to buy me a new Divebomb figure. To which i cannot be more grateful. But the fact that i can only recommend this set IF you have an extra pair of vintage wings, should give crazydevy cause for concern. I've spoke highly of just about every single upgrade they've done so far...hopefully they take this situation seriously.

monstergrotusque wrote:I REALLY like these wings!
I just so happen to have a damaged pair of wings for this but to even have to have a second pair of damaged ones to make these work is ridiculous.
On top of having to pay an outrageous price for the Crazydevy product. You now need to buy more wings!?! that's a major deal breaker for me.
I hope this review might take CrazyDevy down a notch. I feel these guys are really taking advantage of the fans by pricing their product so high.
I really like what they're making but am not going to purchase anything from them. Not gonna fuel the "gouge my wallet" machine that these guys are.
optibotimus
Combiner

Postby optibotimus » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:01 pm

I do apologize if i said that too many times in the video. I just wanted to express it and make it understood that i....do see potential (hahaha there i go again). This set, i do see as looking massive and impressive once it's fully released. But i can't recommend this set to anyone that might only have one of the vintage pieces to put this one. If it damaged mine, it could easily damage someone elses. As we all know, Predaking isn't a cheap figure to have...and i'd hate to see anyone else go through what i had to.

Zeds wrote:I guess he can see the potential. He said it enough!
optibotimus
Combiner

Postby Gauntlet101010 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:33 pm

Can't say I'm shocked that the set isn't actually real gold.

Well, it doesn't really seem worth it to me, especially when you don't know how many sets they have in the making for Predaking, how much they'll cost, or if any more will damage the figure. Seems like something they could've tested for ....
Gauntlet101010
Guardian Of Seibertron

Postby Ultra Markus » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:37 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: 16 Cannons
its preda-bling!
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Alt Mode: the biggest baddest thing ever
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Rated X » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:29 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Damn...

I would be pissed too. What a piece of crap.
Rated X
Banned
Strength: 5
Speed: 2
Skill: 8

Postby Mkall » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:00 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Glad I cancelled then.

Discord: Mkall#0376

My Collection! Updated Oct 21, 2022
Mkall
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 402
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Skill: 10

Postby NemesisScourge » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:13 pm

I called it months ago that this set would be pure garbage.

Another worthless product from CrazyDevy with shady advertising.

It's really funny when people try to defend such a poorly run third party.

Maybe people will stop buying plastic balls for their Devastator's and "14k Gold Plated" [ lol yeah right ] wings that just ruin your existing ones.
NemesisScourge
Mini-Con

Postby El Duque » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:55 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
I actually think these look pretty good, and luckily I've got a spare set of KO wings I can attach these to with no worries. In my opinion most of CrazyDevy's stuff has been good.

G1 Devy upgrades: all good and improve his appearance, with the exception of this last set that leave a hole in his torso. I'm willing to bet they will release a set with a new chest wing and new waist armor that will cover it though.

G1 Rumble and Frenzy upgrades: improves their appearance and gives them the pile drivers they were always using in the toon.

G1 Superion head: not that much of an improvement, but it does look nice in my opinion.

ROTF Legends Devy: can't comment too much since I passed on them, but I did find them amusing. Let's not forget they didn't come up with the idea of giving him balls. It's from the movie and actually does make him more accurate.

G1 Predaking head: like Superion not a giant improvement, but it's a quality piece.

The only issue I take with them is the way they keep jacking up their prices. Their first piece, the replacement head for Devy, only cost $12.00. Outside of that I really don't see why so many people are hating on them.
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 5749

Postby DavidT » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:01 am

Motto: ""Fate Rarely Calls Upon Us At A Moment Of Our Choosing""
optibotimus wrote:Thanks for posting this. One thing i'm not sure about is the BBTS price. I wasn't aware of a price increase. TFsource has it at 59.99. So was that always the price or is it confirmed that BBTS increased it by 11 bucks? I saw on the site

"NOTE - It has just been announced that this add-on set will be 14K gold plated, not only increasing the value but allowing them to work well with the upcoming shiny Predaking reissue set. "

Yes sir.... I've had them pre-ordered for a while now at BBTS and the price is $48.99 for me, so I can confirm the price increase... which is really lame for anyone else who didn't already pre-order!
CHECK OUT MY EBAY AUCTIONS Aug. 7 - Aug. 12, 2012: Davidalan26
http://myworld.ebay.com/davidalan26

Check Out My Collection- Updated Sept. 15, 2011: http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=18265

DavidT
Brainmaster
News Credits: 88
Buy from DavidT on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+

Postby Liftgate » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:28 am

Motto: ""I can fix anything.""
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
Glad I never cared for this ridiculously colored and shaped figure. If they would have been made in somewhat more natural hues, then maybe I'd like em better, but. Same goes for the Seacons, which would look sick with a Beast Wars-like deco.

Too bad about the wings. Can you take them apart or something to see what's causing the problem? Weird that they'd release a product that has such a problem.
Liftgate
Fuzor
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 3

Postby Stockade » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:36 am

Motto: ""Underwater, no one can hear Autobots scream!""
Weapon: Sunami Blaster
If CD is aware of the problem and he is trying to fix the issue, are we gonna get another review of the updated wings when he's done? Otherwise, im cancelling mine and just keeping the head for now.

Seacons: Hunt to live, Live to Hunt!
Stockade
Gestalt
News Credits: 2

Postby Stockade » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:44 am

Motto: ""Underwater, no one can hear Autobots scream!""
Weapon: Sunami Blaster
El Duque wrote:I actually think these look pretty good, and luckily I've got a spare set of KO wings I can attach these to with no worries. In my opinion most of CrazyDevy's stuff has been good.

G1 Devy upgrades: all good and improve his appearance, with the exception of this last set that leave a hole in his torso. I'm willing to bet they will release a set with a new chest wing and new waist armor that will cover it though.

I agree with you about the Devastator upgrades, but if you can see the gap after installing the "09" upgrade you may have the Chest wing pegged to high. I noticed that after assembling my set and after corrected the chest wing, you cant see the gap unless your talking about see it from a side view, but then theres really not much you can do about that.

Seacons: Hunt to live, Live to Hunt!
Stockade
Gestalt
News Credits: 2

Postby Zeds » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:06 am

Motto: "I once lost a battle. So long ago I can barely remember it."
Weapon: Thermal Melters
optibotimus wrote:I do apologize if i said that too many times in the video. I just wanted to express it and make it understood that i....do see potential (hahaha there i go again). This set, i do see as looking massive and impressive once it's fully released. But i can't recommend this set to anyone that might only have one of the vintage pieces to put this one. If it damaged mine, it could easily damage someone elses. As we all know, Predaking isn't a cheap figure to have...and i'd hate to see anyone else go through what i had to.

Definitely no need to apologize. Your review was very much appreciated and the issues raised warranted. 8)
Last edited by Zeds on Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
BWOP: "Die-cast construction...It's a lost art!"

Longs for the days of G1 where we only had to worry about Megatron, Soundwave and Laserbeak wanting to be Autobots, Swoop calling himself Tracks and Slingshot calling himself Slingslot!
Zeds
Gestalt
News Credits: 9
Buy from Zeds on eBay
Strength: 6
Endurance: 8

Postby nobody1898 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:54 am

wow the video doesn't do the damage justice, but those photos, YIKES.
nobody1898
Micromaster

Postby NTESHFT » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:20 pm

Motto: "60% of the time, it works every time!"
Weapon: Black Magic
Looks like I will be not getting this add on as much as I hate it. My wife has promised me the new reissue Predaking for Christmas. I know she would hate for it to get damaged as much as she paid for it.

My opinion of this is CD should recall this ad on and make a better one. i know it would piss some people off to have to wait longer, but if they put a better one out, it would be worth the wait.

BBTS really picked a good time to up the price on the wings with this new situation at hand.

This is why I love watching these reviews. Keep putting them out for the fans, optibotimus. You're being a great help.... :APPLAUSE:
NTESHFT
Brainmaster
Buy from NTESHFT on eBay
Alt Mode: NISMO 370Z
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10

Postby dabattousai » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:48 pm

CrazyDevy should just make another backpack to go on the back of Prediking. Problem solved.
dabattousai
Combiner

Postby optibotimus » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:24 am

headsortails wrote:Looks like I will be not getting this add on as much as I hate it. My wife has promised me the new reissue Predaking for Christmas. I know she would hate for it to get damaged as much as she paid for it.

My opinion of this is CD should recall this ad on and make a better one. i know it would piss some people off to have to wait longer, but if they put a better one out, it would be worth the wait.

BBTS really picked a good time to up the price on the wings with this new situation at hand.

This is why I love watching these reviews. Keep putting them out for the fans, optibotimus. You're being a great help.... :APPLAUSE:

Thank you very much. It sucks i had to have mine get damaged but i know how much this figure means to me...and i know how much it'll mean to other people. I'm always happy to help out as much as i can. I'm sure this jeopardized my relationship with crazydevy and they STILL haven't replied to my email to them, ( although they have replied to several others ) I'm not too sure how much longer they're going to continue sending me their stuff. Even though this is the only problem i've really had with their stuff...i don't know..we'll see. It would suck if i lost their faith...but if i can help other people...that's all that my reviews are intended for.
optibotimus
Combiner

Postby Primacron's Little Helper » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:17 pm

(I pre-ordered this item from CrazyDevy directly.)

I've just received an email from Crazydevy telling not to fit the upgrade when I receive it, but instead wait for some complimentary 'protective' parts which should be sent out at the end of October.
Primacron's Little Helper
Combiner

Next

Return to Unlicensed and KO Transformers Toys

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S33 POWERTRAIN + HIGHJUMP Transformers Siege Micromasters Off-Road Patrol"
WFC-S33 POWERTRAIN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K38 RED ALERT Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Walgreens 2021 New"
WFC-K38 RED ALERT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S16 PTERAXADON Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Battle Master 2019 New"
WFC-S16 PTERAXADON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K32 PIPES Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
WFC-K32 PIPES Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELIE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2022 New"
WHEELIE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2023 New"
IRONHIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FRENZY (RED) Transformers Studio Series 86 SS-115 Core Takara Tomy 2024 New"
NEW!
FRENZY (RED) Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K43 HOT ROD Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core 2022 New 220329"
WFC-K43 HOT ROD Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KUP Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Studio Series 86-02 Hasbro 2022 New"
KUP Transformers B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K28 GALVATRON fixed shoulders Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader 2021"
WFC-K28 GALVATRON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "EXO-SUIT SPIKE WITWICKY Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class 2022 230131A"
EXO-SUIT SPIKE WIT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WRECK-GAR Transformers Studio Series 86-09 Animated Movie Voyager 2021 New"
WRECK-GAR Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K10 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader Beast Wars 2021 New"
WFC-K10 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E10 GRAPPLE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Voyager Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-E10 GRAPPLE Tr ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Vector Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager Class Optimus Prime and Diac" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Titans Return Autobots Throttle and Breakaway Action Figure" on AMAZON