This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

"Transformers: Prime" Video Clip on USA Today Website

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: "Transformers: Prime" Video Clip on USA Today Website

Postby zaccatacc » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:34 pm

I like the show from what ive seen so far however i cant really say i like the character line up, if this show is based on war for cybertron or that exodus book, you would think they'd focus on more of the characters prominent in their tie ins as opposed to some of their characters like bulkhead was never in the tie ins and at most characters like arcee and cliffjumper had a very minor role in the game or book(cliffjumper wasn't even in the console versions of the game) anyways i hope it may be explained or we get to see the other characters in wfc like ironhide and jetfire or jazz who, according to the exodus novel, was prime's best friend, be featured in later seasons but only time will tell
zaccatacc
Mini-Con

Postby zenosaurus_x » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:37 pm

Weapon: Electron-Scimitars
I have no idea why but....I really hate the Raf Esquivel character, he just seems like he'll be annoying.
Which is a rather stupid assumption considering I've never seen the show...

Eh oh well, it looks ok so far.
zenosaurus_x
Headmaster
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10+

Postby gantzrunner » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:29 pm

Motto: "This life is a game...and I play for keeps"
Weapon: Double Beam Guns
zaccatacc wrote:I like the show from what ive seen so far however i cant really say i like the character line up, if this show is based on war for cybertron or that exodus book, you would think they'd focus on more of the characters prominent in their tie ins as opposed to some of their characters like bulkhead was never in the tie ins and at most characters like arcee and cliffjumper had a very minor role in the game or book(cliffjumper wasn't even in the console versions of the game) anyways i hope it may be explained or we get to see the other characters in wfc like ironhide and jetfire or jazz who, according to the exodus novel, was prime's best friend, be featured in later seasons but only time will tell

I really REALLY hope this is not a tie in to War for Cybertron. The change in the characters is just too drastic. It would be similar to the original Megatron becoming Galvatron. And as far as I know at least Megatron is not an earth vehicle, so why the sudden drastic redesign? If this is worked into the new official cannon I'm gonna go nuts. It's bad enough with IDW Transformers looking different every freakin' time I pick up an issue. And I'll reserve true judgment until I watch Prime, but War for Cybertron visually is ten levels above this in every way, and not just graphically but in overall atmosphere and tone. So I really hope the two VERY different versions of Transformers aren't smashed together half-assed.
gantzrunner
Minibot
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby zaccatacc » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:43 pm

gantzrunner wrote:
zaccatacc wrote:I like the show from what ive seen so far however i cant really say i like the character line up, if this show is based on war for cybertron or that exodus book, you would think they'd focus on more of the characters prominent in their tie ins as opposed to some of their characters like bulkhead was never in the tie ins and at most characters like arcee and cliffjumper had a very minor role in the game or book(cliffjumper wasn't even in the console versions of the game) anyways i hope it may be explained or we get to see the other characters in wfc like ironhide and jetfire or jazz who, according to the exodus novel, was prime's best friend, be featured in later seasons but only time will tell

I really REALLY hope this is not a tie in to War for Cybertron. The change in the characters is just too drastic. It would be similar to the original Megatron becoming Galvatron. And as far as I know at least Megatron is not an earth vehicle, so why the sudden drastic redesign? If this is worked into the new official cannon I'm gonna go nuts. It's bad enough with IDW Transformers looking different every freakin' time I pick up an issue. And I'll reserve true judgment until I watch Prime, but War for Cybertron visually is ten levels above this in every way, and not just graphically but in overall atmosphere and tone. So I really hope the two VERY different versions of Transformers aren't smashed together half-assed.

unfortunately my friend, war for cybertron and the novel exodus are according to a number of sources, but like i said before, only time will tell whether this show is good or not
zaccatacc
Mini-Con

Postby NuclearConvoy » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:38 pm

Has this video been mirrored anywhere yet? The website refuses to let me watch the video "from my location"
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster
News Credits: 8

Re: More Transformers: Prime videos: Jack, Raf, and Arcee!

Postby NuclearConvoy » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:41 pm

Nekoman wrote:http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/more-transformers-prime-videos-jack-raf-and-arcee/20116/

^ News post with new clip.

Hopefully if Hasbro makes toys they'll do like they're doing with GI Joe and make them in traditional style.

I'm really not "up to date" on my GIJoe toys/Cartoon combos... is the new GIJoe toon drastically stylized? I mean, the newest Toys I have seen at the comic shop look solidly normal and cool.
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster

Postby MYoung23 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:59 am

Another bland, lifeless and relatively cheap CGI show. What a surprise... :roll:

I will hazard a guess most of the scenes will be in open sparse environments with not a lot going on besides the actual characters.
MYoung23
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3

Postby Relic Dinobot » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:26 am

Motto: "Learn from the past or be doomed to repeat it."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
So not impressed with the quality of the graphics for this show. It looks like somewhat generic computer game animation, and nothing more. I'll wait to see a few episodes to pass final judgment and all, and I'm sure the story will most assuredly be great. But right off the bat, I'm not very impressed. :(
Relic Dinobot
Vehicon
News Credits: 1
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 5
Endurance: 8

Postby BattleRoller23 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:36 am

I do not know if this show looks good or bad. :???:
BattleRoller23
Micromaster
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 10
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 4

Postby lsoul5 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:05 am

Wow, that's some garbage 3D. Also, how often has running straight at the two guys shooting at you ever worked out?
lsoul5
Mini-Con

Postby Nekoman » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:15 am

Motto: "Think for yourself, and think hard."
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
NuclearConvoy wrote:
Nekoman wrote:http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/more-transformers-prime-videos-jack-raf-and-arcee/20116/

Hopefully if Hasbro makes toys they'll do like they're doing with GI Joe and make them in traditional style.

I'm really not "up to date" on my GIJoe toys/Cartoon combos... is the new GIJoe toon drastically stylized? I mean, the newest Toys I have seen at the comic shop look solidly normal and cool.

The toys out now aren't based off the new show. The new GI Joe cartoon will be called Renegades and look similar to TFA, so yeah it's highly stylized. Although Hasbro's confirmed the Renegades toys won't look stylized like the show.

So that's kind of what I hope happens with Prime. Arcee for example might make a interesting toy in Classics/G1 style.
Nekoman
Gestalt
News Credits: 387
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Dead Metal » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:01 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Nekoman wrote:
NuclearConvoy wrote:

The toys out now aren't based off the new show. The new GI Joe cartoon will be called Renegades and look similar to TFA, so yeah it's highly stylized. Although Hasbro's confirmed the Renegades toys won't look stylized like the show.

So that's kind of what I hope happens with Prime. Arcee for example might make a interesting toy in Classics/G1 style.

I don't think they looks that highly stylized
http://www.hubworld.com/gi-joe/shows/renegades
They look kinda like Naruto, well kinda.

Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 767

Postby Nekoman » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:22 pm

Dead Metal wrote:I don't think they looks that highly stylized

Of course I don't much like Naruto, but I still think there's a pretty unique style there.

All the charachters are very streamlined, faces are kind of square, squinty eyes... It's on the level of Transformers Prime anyways.
Nekoman
Gestalt

USA Today posts Info on Transformers: Prime Characters

Postby Nekoman » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:30 pm

Nekoman
Gestalt

Postby NuclearConvoy » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:16 pm

Nekoman wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:I don't think they looks that highly stylized

Of course I don't much like Naruto, but I still think there's a pretty unique style there.

All the charachters are very streamlined, faces are kind of square, squinty eyes... It's on the level of Transformers Prime anyways.

All of those designs, save for Baroness and Destro, look really uninspired to me. ESPECIALLY the Joes, they've totally stripped most of them of personality in their outfits, IMO. Snake-Eyes, sadly, as I am getting older is getting less cool to me...
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster

Postby TypeRProwl » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:19 pm

Weapon: Shotgun
Haven't seen the clip from USAToday as i live in the UK, but what i have seen of this is it is gash!!!
Also thought this was a 5 year plan or something silly, yet they say in the clip i watched a '5 part mini-series'!!!!!!!
So guessing if this bombs brush it aside, next project?

Why no toyline? Did Hasbro not say at one point that the TV shows are just ads for toys!!!!!!!!

Still waiting on that 3 season TFA Boxset... Hasbro!
TypeRProwl
Mini-Con
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 9
Skill: 8

Postby Aggrobot » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:54 pm

Motto: ""HMPH. A GOOD FIGHT, BUT ULTIMATELY FUTILE. THE RIGHTEOUS GLORY OF COOKIES MAKES ME INVINCIBLE!""
Weapon: Sonic Sword
It looks a LOT like Beast Machines. I hope they don't mess it up like the latter. Even the thought is scary.
Aggrobot
Mini-Con
News Credits: 1
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 5
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Postby Doctor McGrath » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:34 pm

Motto: "This is quick but not quite painless.."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Glue Gun
Starscream's design screams female to me. It looks like they went for a more Loki-esque feel than Starscream. Close to the same character but very different in some ways.
El Duque wrote:Quite a firestorm I started here :michaelbay:
Doctor McGrath
Gestalt
News Credits: 5
Buy from Doctor McGrath on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Courage: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Starscreams bad comedy » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:25 pm

meh/10

Is it official that there wont be a toy line for this?
Starscreams bad comedy
Vehicon

Postby Mindmaster » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:04 am

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Starscreams bad comedy wrote:meh/10

Sadly, no toyline. Probably because the robot modes were to intricate to transform into vehicles. :-(
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Intelligence: Infinity
Firepower: 6

Postby NuclearConvoy » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:31 am

Mindmaster wrote:
Starscreams bad comedy wrote:meh/10

Sadly, no toyline. Probably because the robot modes were to intricate to transform into vehicles. :-(

After the way they managed to make toys out of the even more fiddly movie robot modes, I highly doubt that that is the reason.
NuclearConvoy
Godmaster

Previous

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #1073 Cvr B DC Comics 2023 0423DC197 1073B (CA) Jones"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FLASH #799 Cvr B DC Comics 2023 0323DC225 799B (W) Adams (CA) Perkins + Spicer"
FLASH #799 Cvr B D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #1072 Cvr B DC Comics 2023 0323DC193 1072B (CA) Jones"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #1070 Cvr F 1:50 DC Comics 2023 0123DC061 1070F (CA) Jones"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JUSTICE LEAGUE Vol 2 Villains Journey NEW 52 tpb DC Comics 0613DC116 Williams"
JUSTICE LEAGUE Vol ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #138 Cvr B DC Comics 2023 0823DC012 138B (W) Zdarsky (CA) Dell'Otto"
BATMAN #138 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #412 DC Comics 1987 (CA) Geiger (W) Collins (A) Cockrum 230915A"
BATMAN #412 DC Com ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #3 Cvr G 1:25 DC Comics 2023 0223DC025 3G (W) Williamson (CA) Huang"
SUPERMAN #3 Cvr G ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ACTION COMICS #1054 Cvr A Superman DC Comics 2023 0223DC028 1054A (CA) Beach"
ACTION COMICS #105 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BAT-MAN FIRST KNIGHT #2 Cvr C pulp DC Comics 2024 0224DC163 2C (CA) Aspinall"
NEW!
BAT-MAN FIRST KNIG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #136 Cvr A DC Comics 2023 0423DC001 136A (W) Zdarsky (CA) Jimenez"
BATMAN #136 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #136 Cvr F 1:25 DC Comics 2023 0423DC006 136F (CA) Sejic 230601B"
BATMAN #136 Cvr F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #1 Cvr J DC Comics 2023 DEC222892 1J (CA) Dragotta (W) Williamson"
SUPERMAN #1 Cvr J ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #140 Cvr B DC Comics 2023 0923DC076 140B (W) Zdarsky (CA) Finch"
BATMAN #140 Cvr B ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 01 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON