This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Twincast / Podcast Episode #81 "Fixit"

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Twincast / Podcast Episode #81 "Fixit"

Postby Razorclaw0000 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:49 pm

Motto: "Know that I am Razorclaw, that my reality is not yours, and while I share Tigerhawk's dual Spark and Vok heritage...
I am NOT he!"
Weapon: Ion Particle Blaster
Welcome to the latest edition of the Seibertron.com Twincast! This episode features auxiliary host ScottyP, Seibertron, Rotorstorm, Razorclaw and El Duque.

Episode 81 "Fixit" is available directly and in our RSS Feed and should appear on iTunes within 24 to 48 hours of this news post.

Dark Cybertron is upon us. You've read Va'al's review, now see what the Twincast crew thinks of the culmination of years of plot threads finally being drawn together.

Special topic: cleaning and repairing Transformers! The crew delves into some tips for fixing and improving everything from junker G1 figures to modern figures with factory defects.

Next, we take a keen eye toward the recently revealed Hasbro Product Listings. We discuss the code names, the cancelled figures, and our thoughts on the future. Are we excited? Miserable? Are our bodies ready? Find out!

From the list of things to come, we shift our focus to some figures coming very soon but discussing the in-hand images of Waspinator and Skids. Check out our thoughts before a thought bullet undoes them!

Can a thought bullet undo the oddity of the upcoming simplified Deluxes? We look for the bright side and finally settle on some hope in the Simplfied Voyagers.

Next up is some gallery discussion for the recently released Transformers Collector's Club Subscription Service 1.0 Ultra Mammoth and Black Big Convoy. Does this figure close out the first subscription service well?

We answer a listener question from mooncake623, discuss our latest bragging rights, and then close out the show with some thoughts on Optimus Prime Riding Grimlock[/url

[url=http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/transformers-age-of-extinction-optimus-prime-and-grimlock-image-spoilerish/28757/]Image

Thanks for listening to the Twincast! Your continued support means so much!
Razorclaw0000
Gestalt
News Credits: 609
Buy from Razorclaw0000 on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #81 "Fixit"

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:40 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
The direct download button is broken. It takes me to a "ERROR 404: PAGE NOT FOUND" message.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 434
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Firepower: 7

Postby megatronus » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:06 pm

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
It worked for me.
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:11 pm

Just tried again, it's working now.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby megatronus » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:26 pm

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Just finished up the Podcast - Scotty P, you did a great job!
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:53 pm

Hey Scotty, anyone ever tell you your voice sounds like Brent Spiner? A few times I had to do a double-take and remind myself I wasn't really listening to Mr. Data. :P

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Flux Convoy » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:09 am

Motto: "Chaos... is coming!..."
Still not up for iTunes.
:BOT:
Flux Convoy
City Commander
News Credits: 20
Buy from Flux Convoy on eBay

Postby Va'al » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:48 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Hah! Thought bubbles! :D

It's almost a widely accepted convention to not use them at all in contemporary comics, in favour of captions. Neil Gaiman pointed this out as he started working on Sandman: Overture, and how he had to get used to it.

But nice point!
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Flux Convoy » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:52 am

Motto: "Chaos... is coming!..."
I can't be the only iTunes user. Is it available for others yet? I haven't updated it in a while due to people losing their entire catalogues with the update following my last. Maybe that's the issue? Feedback would be appreciated.
Flux Convoy
City Commander
News Credits: 20
Buy from Flux Convoy on eBay

Postby ScottyP » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:08 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
megatronus wrote:Just finished up the Podcast - Scotty P, you did a great job!

Just saw this. I appreciate that greatly, trying hard to do a good job while Counterpunch can't be on - impossible standard to match but I'm glad to hear it was good!
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 637
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Flashwave » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:29 am

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Enamel Thinner Just FYI, Enamel thinner can eat plastic. Dunno about the types of plastic used by TFs, but youcan turn a plastic brittle and crumbly with enamel thinner.

Arms Micron: I already mentioned Crab Guy when I did a post of Arms Micron version of Sights. I realize its not a hard concept,, but GET OUT OF MY HEAD!

On the Molds The way a lot of Chinese laws work, the molds themselves, the physical actual casting molds are the property of the factory, not the IP person. Yeah, its GHasbro's product, but the Chinese company made the molds, and the plastic is there's. Hasbro could fight tooth and nail and protect their product from contractor warehouse, or better yet create their own factory vs. leasing/contracting, but they can't/won't, so its not really even their own fault that they don't destroy the mold, because its not theirs to destroy.
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9

Postby peril » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:03 pm

Thank you for the excellent podcast!

I'm mostly a lurker in these places.
But I listen to a lot of podcasts (yours is my #1 for Transformers).
And I just wanted to say, I really enjoyed this episode. I live with half disassembled G1 toy projects around me at all times lol. I get a lot of fun messing with these things in all the ways described in this show and just really liked listening to other folks get so in depth talking about it. Fixing, cleaning, swapping, etc. Funnest part of the hobby and this has been my favorite episode.
So, though I'm not a real active member here and sure you have no idea who I am.. I wanted to say this topic was rad! Hope to hear some more on it in the future ;)^

Thanks,
Ian
peril
Mini-Con
Watch peril on YouTube

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:01 am

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Thunderlips was Hulk Hogans' character from Rocky II.

Years ago, before the big TF boom when prices were more reasonable I bought a used but mint Star Saber and Victory Leo. The day I got them I couldn't wait to open them up and play, transform them since I was impressed with the combining gimmicks. Star Saber was fantastic and I quickly moved on to Victory Leo. The transformation was very simple into lion mode so I began on one the left lion leg which promptly popped off in my hand... next thing I remember I was looking up at my leg straddling the seat of my dinning room table chair, from the floor. Apparently as the leg came off I quickly lost consciousness. After about 30 minutes of wailing and cursing I began to examine the figure more closely and realized that I might be able re-attach the leg...

Carefully, and I stress carefully I cut into the seams of the leg, now covered by almost 15 year old stickers, and began to unscrew and open the leg up. The lion limb was attached to a typical ratchet system popular to the day and seemed like an easy fix. Did you know the housing of the geared part of the ratchet holds a spring? I didn't and boy was I surprised as it flew out of its shell as I fell like a heap onto the floor again!

After coming-to, and grabbing a pillow off my couch just in case, I proceeded to get to the task of re-attaching the leg and fixing the ratchet gear. The work was rather intuitive, or the repeated blows to the head triggered something in my brain, and I was done in no time; Victory Lio was as good as new. You can't tell the stickers were cut through on the leg as well. That's my best TF fix story.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 316
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Skill: 10

Postby ScottyP » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:49 am

Did you really pass out?
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:06 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
ScottyP wrote:Did you really pass out?

It's been so long the details are a little fuzzy. There is a dent in the floor next to my chair.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 316
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Razorclaw0000 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:56 pm

Motto: "Know that I am Razorclaw, that my reality is not yours, and while I share Tigerhawk's dual Spark and Vok heritage...
I am NOT he!"
Weapon: Ion Particle Blaster
Flux Convoy wrote:I can't be the only iTunes user. Is it available for others yet? I haven't updated it in a while due to people losing their entire catalogues with the update following my last. Maybe that's the issue? Feedback would be appreciated.

It's showing up now for me. Still having issues?
Razorclaw0000
Gestalt
News Credits: 609
Buy from Razorclaw0000 on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7

Postby Kibble » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:00 pm

Motto: "Life is like a triple-X choose your own adventure..."
Weapon: No Weapon
re: MP KOs. If they were coming from the same factories, why would there be any mold differences or stupid name misspellings if they came from the same source? Apparently the Sideswipe mold has some thicker parts here and more rounded parts there...it's a good quality KO, but not identical.
Kibble
City Commander
News Credits: 3

Postby RodimusConvoy13 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:52 am

Motto: "Well, when I see five weirdos dressed in togas, stabbing a man in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards! That's MY policy!"
Weapon: Photon Blaster
I enjoyed the episode. Scotty, you are a fine host.

As for a listener question/suggestion of a topic:

Many times on my way out to work, I grab a transformer off the shelf to mess with at work. Sometimes this can be fun. I might have forgotten how cool a figure is, or if it is fun to transform. Other times, I grab a figure that I remember being a lousy figure after messing with it for a bit or the transformation is just a bear and it's more stressful to transform it than work is.

So my question, what older figures do you guys go back to and realize "wow, what a cool figure." or "Blaargh, this is a terrible figure."

Looking forward to the next episode.
"One of them even took the time to smear, “Fans are TeH SUCK!!!” in poop all over my windshield!"

Counterpunch
RodimusConvoy13
Gestalt
News Credits: 194
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Courage: 6
Skill: 8

Postby Kibble » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:42 am

Motto: "Life is like a triple-X choose your own adventure..."
Weapon: No Weapon
Just a heads up...your question is probably more likely to be answered if you post it in the 'ask the twincast' thread.
Kibble
City Commander
News Credits: 3

Postby ScottyP » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:56 am

Kibble wrote:Just a heads up...your question is probably more likely to be answered if you post it in the 'ask the twincast' thread.

Yep yep!

Generally speaking:

Ask a question in the discussion thread = it'll get answered in the discussion thread.

Ask a question in the Ask the Twincast thread = it'll get answered on the show, at some point. I go through that thread before each episode, and we fit in any questions that time will allow :)
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SMERG THE SAD Transformers BotBots Series 3 Fresh Squeezes spinach plant 2019"
SMERG THE SAD Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Transformers Cyberverse Tiny Turbo Changers Series 2 2019 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TREAT ELITE Transformers BotBots Series 3 Sugar Shocks Hasbro 2019"
TREAT ELITE Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WADDLEPOP Transformers BotBots Series 1 Sugar Shocks 2018 Hasbro Penguin"
WADDLEPOP Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCRIBZILLA Transformers BotBots Con Crew Meet N Greets kaiju-cosplaying marker"
SCRIBZILLA Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURRAY MURRAY Transformers BotBots Series 4 Movie Moguls Hasbro 2020 3D glasses"
BLURRAY MURRAY Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STICKY MCGEE Transformers BotBots Series 1 Backpack Bunch 2018 tape dispenser"
STICKY MCGEE Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TIDY TRUNKSKY Transformers BotBots Series 5 Frequent Flyers suitcase Hasbro 2020"
TIDY TRUNKSKY Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STINKOSAURUS REX Transformers BotBots Series 1 Toilet Troop 2019 Potted Plant"
STINKOSAURUS REX T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SLIMEY SLURPS Transformers BotBots Series 3 Spoiled Rottens Hasbro 2019 Slushy"
SLIMEY SLURPS Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CAMCON Transformers BotBots Series 5 Retro Replays video tape camera 2020"
CAMCON Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SWAPBOX 16 Transformers BotBots Series 4 Retro Replays Hasbro 2020 gameboy"
SWAPBOX 16 Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SANDY MAN Transformers BotBots Series 2 Shed Heads belt sander Hasbro 2019"
SANDY MAN Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LACEFACE Transformers BotBots Series 1 Jock Squad 2018 Hasbro Football"
LACEFACE Transform ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #345 - The Roast
Twincast / Podcast #345:
"The Roast"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 9th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Leader Dragonstorm Combiner" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Drift Figure" on AMAZON