BotCon 2015 Transformers: Vicegrip Possibly Revealed

Transformers News: BotCon 2015 Transformers: Vicegrip Possibly Revealed

Saturday, April 4th, 2015 5:34PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: shajaki   Views: 28,492

There's a certain blue bug that's very popular today! Thanks to the Botcon's Twitter, we have a much nicer shot of their upcoming Exclusive Chopshop repaint. As previously reported today, he will be an Attendee Exclusive and not a part of the box set and remains un-named. However, speculation is that he may be carrying the name of Vicegrip, who is another Botcon figure of old, and keeping with the theme set by the first figure revealed: Packrat. Keep scrolling to see the new clear shot, and stay tuned to Seibertron for all your transformers News!

Transformers News: BotCon 2015 Transformers: Vicegrip Revealed?
Credit(s): Botcon Twitter
Re: BotCon 2015 Transformers: Vicegrip Possibly Revealed (1671155)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 4th, 2015 @ 5:42pm CDT
Wow, I just dropped the name "Vice Grip" just because of the blue and his pincers, but I never realised how similar the colors actually were. :shock:
Re: BotCon 2015 Transformers: Vicegrip Possibly Revealed (1671159)
Posted by Rated X on April 4th, 2015 @ 5:59pm CDT
I dont need this. I have a feeling this years exclusives are going to be duds. Glad I backed out of a trip to Chicago. I kind of like packrat, but its not a must have. Its one of those figures you grab off e-bay for $40 when the owner gets bored of it.
Re: BotCon 2015 Transformers: Vicegrip Possibly Revealed (1671161)
Posted by Madeus Prime on April 4th, 2015 @ 6:00pm CDT
Well, it's cute, but certainly nothing worth getting psyched out over.
Re: BotCon 2015 Transformers: Vicegrip Possibly Revealed (1671177)
Posted by gothsaurus on April 4th, 2015 @ 6:39pm CDT
Absolutely love it. Prefect choice and an excellent bonus mini figure. You guys realize this isn't one of the main figures. This is coming with the attendee exclusive as a freebie. Really glad they're doing some classics versions of the old characters for those who don't wanna drop a few grand on the old ones. It's a
Kind nod to newer fans.
Re: BotCon 2015 Transformers: Vicegrip Possibly Revealed (1671184)
Posted by Darth Jumpy on April 4th, 2015 @ 7:00pm CDT
Re: BotCon 2015 Transformers: Vicegrip Possibly Revealed (1671199)
Posted by Zeek99g on April 4th, 2015 @ 7:46pm CDT
His head reminds me of a Cylon.
Re: BotCon 2015 Transformers: Vicegrip Possibly Revealed (1671210)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on April 4th, 2015 @ 8:46pm CDT
and it will be 50 bucks. no.
Re: BotCon 2015 Transformers: Vicegrip Possibly Revealed (1671212)
Posted by King Kuuga on April 4th, 2015 @ 8:59pm CDT
Darth Jumpy wrote:Could use a Legends Megatron repaint/retool to go along with it. Targetmasters by themselves really do not do it for me.

He will be paired with a bulk, but not the Megatron mold. We don't know at this time who his partner will be.
Re: BotCon 2015 Transformers: Vicegrip Possibly Revealed (1671234)
Posted by MartianSpyGirl1996 on April 4th, 2015 @ 10:09pm CDT
I completely welcome this being Vice Grip, but that blue is too saturated and silver should be matte charcoal...
Re: BotCon 2015 Transformers: Vicegrip Possibly Revealed (1671243)
Posted by Lockdownhunter on April 4th, 2015 @ 10:58pm CDT
Why does Chop Shop look better than this?
Re: BotCon 2015 Transformers: Vicegrip Possibly Revealed (1671254)
Posted by Emerje on April 4th, 2015 @ 11:28pm CDT
Tranzilla wrote:As soon as I saw blue Chopshop I immediately thought of this...

It would seem we think alike. But now that we know the body is silver instead of a lighter blue it very likely will be named for Vice Grip and the fact that the original Chop Shop from Beetras was blue is just a coincidence. Maybe he'll come with a white Legends Bumblbee as Bugbite.

Tranzilla wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
Mkall wrote:As much as I'd love a Fractyl, I think we need to wait until a Generations Terrorsaur figure is made to do the pair justice.

I wonder if the Transmetal/armada terrorsaur is still available.

We already got one that somewhat works

That figure works much better as Ravenus. It's not as dark, but it's as close as we'll get to a Ravenus figure since they're both from Armada and they're both written as minions of Unicron.

I just want to see Animated versions of Terrorsaur, Lazorbeak, and Fractyl from Swoop;

Unfortunately you got LaSErbeak instead.

Emerje
Re: BotCon 2015 Transformers: Vicegrip Possibly Revealed (1671256)
Posted by Tranzilla on April 4th, 2015 @ 11:47pm CDT
I like the Gugal homage, myself. :grin:
Re: BotCon 2015 Transformers: Vicegrip Possibly Revealed (1671257)
Posted by Tranzilla on April 4th, 2015 @ 11:47pm CDT
If we get the Silas Breakdown rather than War Breakdown mold, I hope we get the mantis micron as Manterror.
Re: BotCon 2015 Transformers: Vicegrip Possibly Revealed (1671266)
Posted by Lucky Logician on April 5th, 2015 @ 12:19am CDT
At about 45 minutes in, I really just wanted to punch that one guy in the throat. WE DO NOT CARE ABOUT EXCLUSIVITY. WE CARE ABOUT GETTING THE THINGS WE WANT, NOT ABOUT AFTER-MARKET VALUE. Deluxes cost three times as much for Botcon because of the small run and FunPub's need to make a huge profit to pay for all the stuff at Botcon.
Re: BotCon 2015 Transformers: Vicegrip Possibly Revealed (1671272)
Posted by Seibertron on April 5th, 2015 @ 1:06am CDT
If it is indeed Vicegrip, I now have a reason to bust out the original Vicegrip whose gallery I have neglected for the past 10 years that I have owned the figure. Can't wait!
Re: BotCon 2015 Transformers: Vicegrip Possibly Revealed (1671288)
Posted by durroth on April 5th, 2015 @ 3:17am CDT
No offense to pete, but I hope he's wrong about that first souvenir set selling out. If the lineup is as good as it looks like it will be this year, I want it damnit.
Re: BotCon 2015 Transformers: Vicegrip Possibly Revealed (1671315)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 5th, 2015 @ 5:35am CDT
Emerje wrote:
Tranzilla wrote:As soon as I saw blue Chopshop I immediately thought of this...

That clear Beet Chop a few pages back was blue as well and came from the same source. I should note that only the packaging art has Beet Gugal in blue: the figure itself is more grey than blue:

Beet Gugal on the Pre Transformers Page.
Re: BotCon 2015 Transformers: Vicegrip Possibly Revealed (1671332)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on April 5th, 2015 @ 7:21am CDT
Looks like a knight to me.
Vicegrip sounds familiar. I can not put my finger on it. :-?
Re: BotCon 2015 Transformers: Vicegrip Possibly Revealed (1671333)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 5th, 2015 @ 7:31am CDT
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:Image
Looks like a knight to me.
Vicegrip sounds familiar. I can not put my finger on it. :-?

BotCon 1998, redeco of BW Powerpinch:

The name Vice Grip is a pun, referring to locking pliers (one brand is called "Vise Grip" with an "S"), but also to vices, or immoral behaviors. Think of the Seven Deadly Sins ;)
Re: BotCon 2015 Transformers: Vicegrip Possibly Revealed (1671379)
Posted by Emerje on April 5th, 2015 @ 10:20am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Emerje wrote:
Tranzilla wrote:As soon as I saw blue Chopshop I immediately thought of this...

Beet Gugal on the Pre Transformers Page.

I know, that's why in my post I used just the image of the character art rather than the figure. ;)

Emerje

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #228 - Afterthoughts
"Afterthoughts"
Posted: Monday, August 12th, 2019

Buy "TRANSFORMERS Generations Thrilling 30 Legends OPTIMUS PRIME w/ Roller Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Voyager Class Shockwave Mechtech & Powerdive Generations New Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Reflector - TRANSFORMERS GEN WFC REFRAKTOR DLX AF" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS SELECTS WFC-GS DELUXE NIGHTBIRD ACTION FIGURE PREORDER" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege RED WING Voyager WFC Generations Select USA" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS SELECTS WFC-GS DELUXE NIGHTBIRD ACTION FIGURE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Flip and Change Grimlock # A6153 by Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Henkei Generations Ratchet C-14" on EBAY